• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Kelly C sold that shit. I didn't think Clarke had it in her, but she really nailed it. Amazing couple of scenes. Enough to own the episode, but most of the other stuff was ace too.
They cast Iwan Rheon perfectly. The creepy smile, the eyes... That's my bastid of Bolton right there.
I was a bit disappointed
in Beric. His appearance and introduction were a bit lacking

btw last week's preview lied, no
Beric/hound fight

though I must admit, that would probably be too much awesome for one episode.

Trasher

Kelly C sold that shit. I didn't think Clarke had it in her, but she really nailed it. Amazing couple of scenes. Enough to own the episode, but most of the other stuff was ace too.
They cast Iwan Rheon perfectly. The creepy smile, the eyes... That's my bastid of Bolton right there.
I was a bit disappointed
in Beric. His appearance and introduction were a bit lacking

btw last week's preview lied, no
Beric/hound fight

though I must admit, that would probably be too much awesome for one episode.

Last week's preview actually only showed scenes from this episode. You've probably just seen the other HBO ads that have shown the scene from this upcoming episode (which is the one I think you are referring to. It's also been in the trailers).

RaidenZR

I'm kind of starting to wonder where this show is gonna go in 2-3 years. It already starts to feel a bit too all over the place, with some major characters getting 3mins screen time. It's gonna get out of hands pretty fast.

Also, why are they seemingly holding back on revealing just saying that
Theon is being held captive by Bolton's men
. It's not like it's some kind of amazing plot twist to begin with
especially since it was quite clearly shown that Bolton offered to send his bastard to Winterfell with some men
, and it just seems to be confusing people more than anything.

How is this different than what they do now? Arya gets like 2-3 minutes tops. And that's just in the episodes she does appear in, which isn't all of them.

Regarding Theon: [series]
The mystery is good. In the books his transition to and from Reek is confusing, disorienting, and fascinating. They have to do something to capture it on the show and you can't literally depict it since a lot of it happens in his thoughts.

Mobius 1

I wish that Mormont's death was a bit more ceremonious. I thought he'd at least get to choke out that asshole like a champ or speak with Sam--that was a shame.

Me too, but in the book I felt it was even less remarkable. He got stabbed and fell over, done was the Old Bear.

I will miss him, the casting was perfect.

Massa

*Preview and ASOS spoilers for next episode*
Looks like next episode will have Robb do a beheading and Tyrion learn about his marriage plans
. Can't wait!

Trasher

*Preview and ASOS spoilers for next episode*
Looks like next episode will have Robb do a beheading and Tyrion learn about his marriage plans
. Can't wait!

ASoS
Oh yeah, I had almost forgotten about Karstark. Will he try to murder Jaime and leave Robb with no choice but to take Karstark's head?

ezrarh

ASoS
Oh yeah, I had almost forgotten about Karstark. Will he try to murder Jaime and leave Robb with no choice but to take Karstark's head?

ASOS
He'll murder the two Lannister kids. Jaime is being taken to Roose Bolton so Robb and crew won't be near Jaime.

Won

Wow, that sure was one hell of an entertaining hour of television. Everyone and everything delivered. Actors, adapted scenes, new scenes...... I hope they can keep that up.

Trasher

ASOS
He'll murder the two Lannister kids. Jaime is being taken to Roose Bolton so Robb and crew won't be near Jaime.

ASoS
Oh right. Good call. Forgot about that 60 second scene to establish the kids. Where is Roose right now? Do we know? Also, did Karstark murder the Lannister kids in the book? I can't remember...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Last week's preview actually only showed scenes from this episode. You've probably just seen the other HBO ads that have shown the scene from this upcoming episode (which is the one I think you are referring to. It's also been in the trailers).

Rewatched it and you're right. I just imagined
the flaming sword that was in the trailers before

dubq

ASoS
Oh right. Good call. Forgot about that 60 second scene to establish the kids. Where is Roose right now? Do we know? Also, did Karstark murder the Lannister kids in the book? I can't remember...

Show/ASOS
Roose is at Harrenhal... and yes to the other question. I don't think they were kids in the book, however.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hnnnnnggg. That final scene redeemed everything they did to Dany last year. Perfectly captured the moment. Spot on GoT. Well done.

Trasher

I really expected them to fist-bump each other and go "FUCK YEAH".

Then again, I didn't.

iTCCLZr4O38xT.gif

BFIB

Its just awesome to see the buildup of the last 2 seasons finally hitting their points here.

I know a lot of people hated Dany's storyline in season 2, but it was needed for her confidence she displayed during her plan to buy the Unsullied.

Fantastic payoff, that's one of two scenes I was really looking forward to, just to see how it would be portrayed on the show compared to the book. Not disappointed at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't remember, has the show revealed (series)
that Jorah hates the Starks?

Series
I think they explained that Ned exiled him, but its certainly not an important part of his character in the show.

Fey

Banned
^Kind of baffling to me since ASOS are her best chapters

ASOS has pretty much everyone's best chapters tbh
Little should be changed from it.

edit: and yeah, I'm sad Jeor's death didn't seem that big and was greatly overshadowed. If I remember correctly, in the book, he says his final words to Sam in the middle of all the fighting, right? I wish they managed to keep that in to make it a bit more emotional.

Majmun

Am I stupid for not noticing Margaery's manipulative skills when reading the books? Her talking to Sansa in the book made me feel good for Sansa. But Margaery is just using her. The show made that clear after the Varys and Queen of Thorns talk. Was that in even the book? I don't remember...

This show definitely shows a totally different perspective for some characters. And I love it. Makes me want to re-read the books again.

Margaery playing the Game of Thrones like that is amazing to watch. The Loras and Renly stuff was also great. I even like the Ros and Varys stuff. It adds to the ASOIAF universe.

Loved the continuation of Podrick's sexual adventures.
Was this stuff in the books?
Because it is one of my favorite plot threads (after Daenery owning up the place).

Jamie Lannister is probably my favorite character in the book and I'm glad that they're doing his story some justice. The actor looks the part and is convincing as the character as well.

Am I stupid for not noticing Margaery's manipulative skills when reading the books? Her talking to Sansa in the book made me feel good for Sansa. But Margaery is just using her. The show made that clear after the Varys and Queen of Thorns talk. Was that in even the book? I don't remember...

This show definitely shows a totally different perspective for some characters. And I love it. Makes me want to re-read the books again.

Margaery playing the Game of Thrones like that is amazing to watch. The Loras and Renly stuff was also great. I even like the Ros and Varys stuff. It adds to the ASOIAF universe.

The book version of Margaery comes across as more genuine in her being a nice little perfect princess. The thing with the show is that last season they basically introduced her as being a good schemer from the start. So seeing her all nice and friendly with everyone this season, we know that's a ruse to some extent.

[ASoS/AFfC]
That's basically Cersei's whole thing with Margaery in the books, looking to find out what her grand plan is since she can't get over how perfect she seems. She figures there has to be some skeleton in her closet.

Jamie Lannister is probably my favorite character in the book and I'm glad that they're doing his story some justice. The actor looks the part and is convincing as the character as well.

The only issue I have, and its minor, is how it seems like both Jaime and Tyrion simply have brown hair now. You go back to season 1 and they very clearly have blonde hair. Yet after that, its like they didn't feel like maintaining that.

AFFC/ADWD
It's not specified, since we really only see it from Cersi's point of view so we don't really know. Or at least I didn't pick up on it *shrug*

The only issue I have, and its minor, is how it seems like both Jaime and Tyrion simply have brown hair now. You go back to season 1 and they very clearly have blonde hair. Yet after that, its like they didn't feel like maintaining that.

Ha, very true. I was watching season 1 again before this season and I was shocked at how blonde Tyrion's hair was.

Majmun

Great, so I was Sansa'd while reading the book. Margaery, you asshole:(

This is why I love the show, though. It confirms a few things someone had in mind about some specific characters.

Re-reading the books shall become a new experience, me thinks.

NewLib

Banned
So a question in the non book readers thread got me thinking ASOS spoilers
So is Oberyn and the Dorne storyline in ASOS all going to be season 4? I guess it makes sense as this season seems to be focusing on establishing the Tyrell house and introducing an entire another house might be a bit much

Ark

So a question in the non book readers thread got me thinking ASOS spoilers
So is Oberyn and the Dorne storyline in ASOS all going to be season 4? I guess it makes sense as this season seems to be focusing on establishing the Tyrell house and introducing an entire another house might be a bit much

ASOS
Most likely yes. The Dornish don't show up until part two of ASOS (if you have the version that's split into two parts), and since season three is based on part one, it wouldn't really make much sense to bring Oberyn in now. Plus we've heard absolutely nothing about his casting.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a season four full of Oberyn Martell.

Massa

You gotta love it when they foreshadow things in this series.

ASOS spoilers
Tyrion: I need proof.
Varys: Proof? Will there be a trial?

Can't wait for the [Series]
sandor fight next show, sandor was one of my favorite characters and I'm hoping his story isn't done with AFFC

Zeliard

Varys is wonderful. Conleth Hill gives what is probably my favorite performance in the show, outside of maybe Charles Dance. His demeanor and delivery are just so perfect.

The gods answered my prayers from last week and gave me more Varys. His monologue to Tyrion was amazing.

Solo

"What happens when a nonexistent bumps against a decrepit?"

Awesome episode. Awesome season so far. Dany's storyline is already 10x better than it was in S2. Dianna Rigg and Natalie Dormer continue to absolutely kill it. Varys is awesome. Etc.

Solo

I think it was also probably Emilia Clarke's strongest episode yet. She absolutely nailed her scenes, which I think was of the utmost importance going forward with Dany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom