• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

UrbanRats

Hey GT, SKATE is better than any Tony Hawk game (i say this as a THPS fanboy).
But i forgive you, at least you remembered about it, which is more than i can say for EA.

Kyle won bets. I reckon the scores are about 20-14 in his favour.

Any requests for Huber to play on his clarinet? How about One winged Angel, Kyle can do the vocal parts.

Burt

Any requests for Huber to play on his clarinet? How about One winged Angel, Kyle can do the vocal parts.

Impressive. My gut reaction to them was a Huber stomp, but so much for that. How many songs/what was the time limit for the clarinet? This is gonna be good.

UrbanRats

Eh, it's always more fun. Was a great show and I even sat through the VGA snoozefest with some jolly commentary.

A great show? There were a couple of good announcements, but it was one of the most boring conference in the last few years, for me.
Well, not considering some really ugly Nintendo Directs.

Their commentary really could've saved the evening for me, but without it, it was just a lot of dick waving, cringe worthy "US GAMERS, UH? PLAYSTATION NATION!" drivel, and an obscene amount of padding.

I should say, i hate Crash Bandicoot with a passion, so not having to sit through that was at least a good thing.

Time's Scar. (Chrono Cross).
Theme of Laura. (Silent Hill 2)
Korobeiniki. (Tetris)

Hasney

A great show? There were a couple of good announcements, but it was one of the most boring conference in the last few years, for me.

Their commentary really could've saved the evening for me, but without it, it was just a lot of dick waving, cringe worthy "US GAMERS, UH? PLAYSTATION NATION!" drivel, and an obscene amount of padding.

I should say, i hate Crash Bandicoot with a passion, so not having to sit through that was at least a good thing.

I'm with you on Crash.

All the announcements like Yakuza, NNK 2, Rez and 100ft Robot Golf were aimed squarely at me though as they will all be day 1 most likely. I tune out all the middle bits aside of announcements at almost every show though, so I only judge it by what they announce that I want to play.

Ratchet went on too long though and the ending was hilariously bad. Also, no more fucking Battleborn. PLEASE.

EDIT: posted this earlier, so it's one of the best events ever

Honestly, if they announced Yakuza 0 though, I'd be so happy and call it on of the best events of all time.

That said, I could be having the worst shit of my life in severe agony and Adam Boyes could sneak in the window and just whisper in my ear "Yakuza 0" while my pants are down, cheeks on the seat and I'd call that one of the best events ever.

SeanTSC

Time's Scar. (Chrono Cross).
Theme of Laura. (Silent Hill 2)
Korobeiniki. (Tetris)

It was a great show for me - I was freaking the fuck out at the new FF7Remake trailer, more footage Ni Oh (Samurai Souls), Ace Combat 7, and Ni no Kuni 2. Like, I will fucking literally buy a PSVR NO MATTER THE COST just because AC7 can use it. All of that stuff got me hyped and kept me hyped.

But yeah, even then it would have been MUCH better for me with live GT reactions. They make EVERY conference, no matter how good, that much better.

sinxtanx

Love the new ManUps format

but for year-in-review (which is looking like it's gonna run for four parts) maybe drop the scores and just do moods+comments?

Auctopus

Eh, it's always more fun. Was a great show and I even sat through the VGA snoozefest with some jolly commentary.

Yeah, fair enough. I agree with that.

Hey GT, SKATE is better than any Tony Hawk game (i say this as a THPS fanboy).
But i forgive you, at least you remembered about it, which is more than i can say for EA.

This is true but I'll let it slide seeing as Huber's managing to get OlliOlli 2 some love right now.

Burt

Row Row Row Your Boat

Mary Had A Little Lamb

Ode to Joy

Bosman deserves to feel that stake sabotage sting after his comedy special

On the show itself, it was good. Ace Combat, Rez VR, Yakuza, Nioh, Ni no Kuni, FFVII gameplay, Full Throttle Remaster, a bunch of solid indie debuts and ports.. but oh nooo not all of the early VR stuff looked right up my alley! The stuff they showed wasn't from my wishlist! The ending wasn't crunchy so nothing else matters! 2/10 show!

Twitch chat echo chambers have people expecting a generation-defining announcement at every single conference, despite the fact that there are more of them than ever. We now live in a world where a FFVII Remake gameplay debut doesn't automatically make a conference at least 'good'.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Feeling Ian's new format he's doing a damn fine job of making this his own thing and making it facking entertaining as shit.

Also that Bloodborne love... I wanna ring a bell and have Huber and Hink jump into my world.

9.9998 Late Fall Winter

UrbanRats

On the show itself, it was good. Ace Combat, Rez VR, Yakuza, Nioh, Ni no Kuni, FFVII gameplay, Full Throttle Remaster, a bunch of solid indie debuts and ports.. but oh nooo not all of the early VR stuff looked right up my alley! The stuff they showed wasn't from my wishlist! The ending wasn't crunchy so nothing else matters! 2/10 show!

Twitch chat echo chambers have people expecting a generation-defining announcement at every single conference, despite the fact that there are more of them than ever. We now live in a world where a FFVII Remake gameplay debut doesn't automatically make a conference at least 'good'.
The announcement were there, sort of.
The problem weren't even the announcements for me, but all the padding, the incessant "PLAYSTATION NATION" wanking, the endless chatting instead of showing stuff (how much time was Randy Pitchford's pathetic Battleborn sale pitch? Felt like 40 minutes).
Getting through random indie games (that honestly look just alright) one by one, and in general a terrible pacing.

Had they made this half the length, it would've felt much better.
And don't close with fucking Paragon, ffs.

As a side note, i didn't have chat open while watching, i mean i barely ever do in the first place, so that definitely wasn't a factor for me.

Other things that were sort of disappointing but i'll concede, were AC7 only being a cgi trailer, and FF7, honestly looking somewhat janky.
I don't think it would've been terrible to wait a bit longer to show them, but it's fine either way.

Ni No Kuni 2 was obviously the big "bomb" at the show, though i personally don't care all that much (i love Ghibli, but don't care a lot about jrpgs) and they probably should've kept it as a closing bit.

I also honestly didn't care for the Uncharted 4 bit, i think dialogue choices in Uncharted are a dumb idea, and the "character moments" in the series are alright, but not enough to make me go crazy over a simple dialogue like that one.

I don't think it was "worst ever" or anything like that, just very stupidly structured is all.
Felt like 4 hours at times when, with the material they had, they could've had a pretty good show.

But i will say: 4 conferences in one year is definitely too much, in my opinion.
They spread out too thin.
They could've split half the announcements they made into TGS and PGW, and have an amazing year with one legendary conference and 2 amazing ones, instead of one legendary conference and 3 ok one.

Burt

''Do not believe @MichaelPHuber's lies on this week's Mandatory Update. The truth will be revealed soon.''

Hilarious. I hope this sets the stage for a three way face off between Close Talker, the luchador, and Princess Benkle in the ring.

The announcement were there, sort of.
The problem weren't even the announcements for me, but all the padding, the incessant "PLAYSTATION NATION" wanking, the endless chatting instead of showing stuff (how much time was Randy Pitchford's pathetic Battleborn sale pitch? Felt like 40 minutes).
Getting through random indie games (that honestly look just alright) one by one, and in general a terrible pacing.

Had they made this half the length, it would've felt much better.
And don't close with fucking Paragon, ffs.

As a side note, i didn't have chat open while watching, i mean i barely ever do in the first place, so that definitely wasn't a factor for me.

Other things that were sort of disappointing but i'll concede, were AC7 only being a cgi trailer, and FF7, honestly looking somewhat janky.
I don't think it would've been terrible to wait a bit longer to show them, but it's fine either way.

Ni No Kuni 2 was obviously the big "bomb" at the show, though i personally don't care all that much (i love Ghibli, but don't care a lot about jrpgs) and they probably should've kept it as a closing bit.

I also honestly didn't care for the Uncharted 4 bit, i think dialogue choices in Uncharted are a dumb idea, and the "character moments" in the series are alright, but not enough to make me go crazy over a simple dialogue like that one.

I don't think it was "worst ever" or anything like that, just very stupidly structured is all.
Felt like 4 hours at times when, with the material they had, they could've had a pretty good show.

But i will say: 4 conferences in one year is definitely too much, in my opinion.
They spread out too thin.
They could've split half the announcements they made into TGS and PGW, and have an amazing year with one legendary conference and 2 amazing ones, instead of one legendary conference and 3 ok one.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't really mean it about you. It stemmed more from my illogical incurable rage towards Twitch chat when something like Full Throttle comes up and chat gets filled with "WTF IS THIS STUPID OLD ASS SHIT".

Like, I didn't even play Full Throttle, but I know enough about it to know that a remaster's a big deal to a lot of people, and it's likely to end up being one of the better games they showed.

Same thing goes for VR Rez, except I actually played that and the concept of going through that in VR blows my mind, so when some random 13-year-old troll on the other side of the country goes "GARBAGE GAME WITH SHITTY GRAPHICS" I immediate go into "LEAVE REZ ALONE"- mode

Let's hope Huber gets to play the newly announced Dying Light: Enhanced Edition before Ben Moore takes a copy home for 6 months.

Huber had Dying Light for months and didn't play one minute of it. I would have given it back to him at any time. He never asked. That story is such BS.

eFKac

Huber had Dying Light for months and didn't play one minute of it. I would have given it back to him at any time. He never asked. That story is such BS.

We need Bradtman to get back in his Halloween costume and get an investigation going, maybe kick someones ass.

UrbanRats

Lol.
But yeah, P90X is obviously taking over Huber's personality, making him go crazy, like some XFiles episode.

sora87

I hope Ben picked Chie's voice actress for his Xenoblade character like I did. I was tempted to go with Motoko Kusanagi's voice though :B

Top Bottom