• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Maitiú

Man its really shitty that the crew wasn't even given notice to allow them to create any kind of closure with their audience.

Heartless fuckin bastards, man.

LzHb.png

*Shakes head*

If this is true that's ......I have no words. Sometimes you want to scream "fuck this world".

Xion86

Shocked to hear about this...they just moved to a new place too right? I mainly go on for The Final Bossman...I really hope Kyle makes his own YouTube channel. Sad times :(

kodecraft

Man after the 1up Show, GameTrailers was my go to place for reviews. This industry needs these players in the game of journalism what's happening here.

That's a bummer. The Gametrailers user movie section back in the day is where I really gained confidence in my video editing ability. The video review show I still do was largely inspired by how they cut their reviews. I'm constantly bummed that the reality show idea they contacted me about never went through.

I wish all of the Gametrailers staff good luck in the future. You guys deserve to land on your feet.

Andrefpvs

I remember getting enough GameTrailers Dollars to get Resident Evil 5 for free on PS3, back when it released. I really enjoyed the game, too.

I uploaded an insane amount of videos to the site, even made my own original content. Fun times.

Absolutely gutted and a little bit in tears right now.... GT staff kept assuring us everything was alright but I knew Defy was going to land up doing this.

RIP my all time favorite gaming site. All the incredibly talented people that went through there over the years... hope they all land on their feet.

Ron K

I'm not surprised, but they don't deserve this. They're the best crew in gaming and they belong together :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wait, they've been around since 2003? I didn't know they were that old.

I remember watching the first video there, which was a review of Super Mario Galaxy and was impressed by how well it was done. Sucks to see them go.

Sucks so fucking much.

Really hoping they land on their feet quickly.

Their videos were always good to great, and they had collected a wonderful set of personalities that did so well together.

Jarnet87

I didn't watch a ton of their content but the countdown and retrospects were always great. Sad they are closing, hope their staff finds jobs quickly.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Damn. I watched almost all of the video reviews they put on Youtube. Very sad day.

Hope they all find new places to keep producing content.

IzzyF3

This sucks. My taste aligned with GT and their video content was high quality. Everybody there seems to have a lot of talent so I'm sure they'd land on their feet. So sudden though.

Illucio

Banned
What did they do anymore?

I think they made some chronological history video on Kingdom Hearts recently... Did they even do game reviews or news articles?

I just haven't heard much about them or from them in recent years. But 10 years ago they used to be the biggest thing since slice bread.

crash-14

Guess I won't be visiting gamesites anymore. But everyone that was still visiting the site often should knew this was coming. Even they say it many times.

Funny to read certain people saying "I'm shock, I wasn't watching their content since years but I'm shock". Really?

Hope everyone will find something they can jump on, but it's sad to know there won't be something with the exact vibe...

Top Bottom