• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

zulux21

If this is true that's ......I have no words. Sometimes you want to scream "fuck this world".

I can't confirm if the staff knew or not, but I can confirm there isn't a single mention of it in the moderation forums at all.

in fact the staff had recently been working with the moderators trying to figure out how to improve the site and make the forums more lively again.

Kinsei

Banned
LzHb.png

*Shakes head*

Wow. I can't believe that shit.

Smash88

Banned
JzOCfxG.gif

Thank you GT for revolutionizing and pushing towards a future no one could have ever expected. You truly are pioneers of what we all enjoy today, without you there is no Youtube, and there is no Twitch. You will be missed, but you made your mark on internet history. I'm sure there will be a nice footnote (somewhere) of your contributions.

I hope the trailer voice guy for GT will still be around for something, I can't just can't handle not hearing his buttery smooth voice. Man, this blows.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I liked their content, but over the years it's probably whoever got the news out the fastest. I'm kinda shocked because there's so many news agencies out there. GT was well known and they had Geoff Keighley there for a while. It's strange after you see things like G4 and even EGM tank up and then everyone sorta goes their own way. To me, they've done in a lot of what I've found great about the industry.

It sucks how things change because it's always some sorta wild call to things you also can't stand about it.

If you're kinda use to the games and not the social aspect of it all then it doesn't really bother you, but if you're sitting there being guided by everyone then it sorta takes its toll.

Savitar

One reason I did love what these people did was as some touched on, they had passion, they were enthusiastic and they actually appeared to enjoy what they do. So many podcast or sites or whatever almost seem to do things because they are expected to do it or because it's a job. These fine folk appeared to actually enjoy it. And they enjoyed talking about it all.

Going to miss that.

Piers

they should get together and start a new YT channel stat. KindaFunny did it so can they.

They're now in panic mode of trying to secure another job for income. And once they do, I doubt they'll have the time to get something going. Hopefully I'm wrong.

ElRenoRaven

Oh wow. That sucks. Liked their video reviews. Really shitty way to let the employees know too. OH hey guys today's your last day now get to work and finish the day.

They deserved better then that.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I'm sure they are all gonna pop up eventually individually.

But they all had such chemistry together. You could tell they all knew each other so well and played off one another.

That is now completely gone.

God damn. This really sucks.

Looking back I actually can't believe I've been going to gametrailers for a decade now, I will really miss it and I hope that all members of the crew will find something to do.

KodaRuss

Damn this really sucks. Really loved their review format and always trusted their reviews. I felt they always put out solid content damn this is a loss.

RPGCrazied

Losing them for E3 bites. Who to watch during that? IGN/Gamespot? No, thanks.

I really don't like giantbomb either.

Tregard

Soothsayer
What did they do anymore?

I think they made some chronological history video on Kingdom Hearts recently... Did they even do game reviews or news articles?

I just haven't heard much about them or from them in recent years. But 10 years ago they used to be the biggest thing since slice bread.

Final Bosman, Huber Hype, Mandatory Update, Dons Design Lab, GT Live, Trailer Score, Top 10s, GT Time, etc.

Seriously, GT put out a hell of a lot of stuff, and on a daily basis they made me smile. The crew all feel like friends in a strange way, like you're just listening to your buddies talking. It's sad to think I may lose that.

Liamc723

I can't confirm if the staff knew or not, but I can confirm there isn't a single mention of it in the moderation forums at all.

in fact the staff had recently been working with the moderators trying to figure out how to improve the site and make the forums more lively again.

Ben Moore has stated in the community thread that they only found out hours ago.

Majukun

they seem to have enough of a following to start their own youtube channel or something, they have the know how and the connections.. I think.

wiibomb

Why they don't make a patreon or something?? My goodness I would totally pay for that.

Any news about where are everyone going?

VanWinkle

WOW. Insane. I'm kind of speechless right now. I mean, its just been around for so long, and its been better than ever the past couple of years. What an absolute shame.

Please let some of these guys (Bosman, Bloodworth, Huber, etc.) get together for their own thing with a Patreon or something like Kinda Funny are doing. These guys are my favorite in games industry.

emb

Man, that's unfortunate. Best of luck to all finding new jobs.

I hope at least Bosman continues his show in some form.

Writing seemed like it was kinda on the wall, being bought out not too long ago and slimmed down so much. Still not something that's ever really expected though.

GT was my favorite place for reviews. They were informative without a significant bias and I always trusted them to show me enough to make an informed decision regarding purchase.
Now I am lost.

GT was the first gaming site I used to visit regularly. I haven't really followed them much over the past couple of years but this is a sad day. I feel for their staff.

AdanVC

Are this the guys of the epic Shenmue 3 reaction video of last E3?? If yes then this truly sucks. I just wish them the very best :(

Sucks so bad. Final Bosman and Final Bets were so amazing. Watching their reaction to E3 brought a huge smile to my face in a climate of too cool for school sites that forgot Video Games are about fun.

openrob

Seriously man - what the fuuuuck! Just caught this now.
Only started following them in 2015, but seriously loved all that they do. Really gutted :(

What will everyone do now?
Does this mean no more Final Bosman? :(

This is awful :( I was just watching the review they did for fire watch when I saw the fb update. I can't believe it, this is all so sudden.

Final bosman can't end on an episode with his eye all funky! What is this!

Top Bottom