• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

GT were the first gaming forums I ever started posting on. Used to love Invisible Walls and Bonus Round. They lost me in the last few years, but I will miss what it was for a while.

Momentary

Banned
I used to go to them all the time for everything. The. They made their last big overhaul and somehow my account there got deleted. Never sent back there since then. It was also due to their streaming service just being too clunky and slow for me. I hate to see them go though. I used them since probably 2002 or 3. Whatever year they first came to be. I just remember I was in high school.

Dolobill

Aw man, this is such a bummer! I love the GT Time podcast, and they have such a good crew. Giantbomb and Gametrailers are the only gaming sites I go to for videos anymore. Hopefully they can form their own thing like the Kinda Funny guys.

FTF

I'm not sure what to do with E3 this year. I mean...I guess I can tune into Giant Bomb?...it won't be the same.

Ugh, Giantbombs coverage sucked. I'm hoping they'll all resurface somewhere within the next 5 months by the time it's E3. :/

adj_noun

"Which is worse...getting shot in the back of the head or in the stomach?"

"Back of the head."

"If you're gonna shoot me, look me in the eyes."

Ouch.

Kinda confused about people saying "it's so sudden" when their financial troubles have been known for years.

With that being said, troubles or no troubles the personality from GT is without question second to none. Next best thing to 1UP.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Never forget

AORkYBF.gif

1304601031309179025.gif
Ugh, now I'm crying at work... ;_;

THE FEELS~!

You know, that happened to a german gaming show and website too, 'Game One'. Before Game One, they had a daily live tv show called Giga. Both eventually stopped, but thanks to their fanbase, they have archives all their videos and they now have a 24/7 live stream on twitch, which is really successful.

'RocketbeansTV'. I wish best of luck to the ex GT-Crew!

joms5

Ugh, Giantbombs coverage sucked. I'm hoping they'll all resurface somewhere within the next 5 months by the time it's E3. :/

I don't want to start an argument here but do not listen to anything this guy says.

Giantbomb's coverage is without a doubt the best coverage of E3 there is. Watch it and you'll never go anywhere else.

Nick

I'm devastated. This is the worst news ever. My favorite gaming website ever is closing today. I even preferred GT over 1UP. #notashamed #rip

I knew it. The SECOND they got bought out by Defy media, I knew they were going to close up soon.

However, it was The Final Bosman switching to a fucking greenscreen that really clinched it.

Sigh..

I really hope everyone at GT ends up somewhere nice.

(And that Kyle gets first dibs on the Games vault.)

TriGen

GT did a lot of things I really liked, so it's really sad to hear this.

Brandon Jones did great VO work, their E3 stuff was awesome, The Final Bossman was extremely enjoyable. Not to mention their old stuff that Micheal Damiani was involved in like Pop Fiction, their retrospectives -- and "Timeline" was money too. Honestly when he was let go it really had me worried for their future because he did what appeared to be bigger budget stuff that took a lot of time.

I wish everyone the best -- and I hope to hear Brandon's voice and the rest talking about E3 this year.

I'm not sure what to do with E3 this year. I mean...I guess I can tune into Giant Bomb?...it won't be the same.

I'll probably watch it eventually but not sure I can put up with that live after GT's E3 we just had, I like some of their stuff but I watched the GB Sony conference like a week afterwards and their negativity (towards the things the GT crew reacted like I did toward) was just brutal.

FUCK man, I just started following their stuff a few months ago. Came for GT Time's concise structure, stayed for the long rambling of stuff like Mandatory Update. We need more small, scrappy and close-knit crews like this. ;_;

Top Bottom