• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Shit, if Greg Miller can pull in close to a million dollars per year via patreon, than this might be an option for them. Maybe GT should follow Kinda Funny.

WHAT!?

DAMN it.

They were my second favourite site on the internet (only trumped by GB) : (

MAN I hope the crew stick together and start something new. PLEASE. I'd totally pay for it too!

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
New Mandatory Update is up

Spoiler
It's the exact same Bloodborne GT review but now with a score 10

gogosox82

WHAT? GT is done without any warning? WTF this is horrible. I'm in shock right now. Sorry to every one affected and I hope they all land on their feet.

akileese

If you're on Chrome.

1. Go to Options thingy at the top right of Chrome.
2. Go to More Tools -> Developer Tools.
3. Click Sources tab.
4. Find embed.gametrailers.com, expand embed, double click <long number>autoplay=1
5. Scroll down to media {
6. Find the version of the video with the highest bitrate and delete all the crap after the question mark.
7. You should be left with something like:
http://wpc.10016.edgecastcdn.net/0010016/gtcomstor/media/videos_root/games/2012/09_sep_2012/sep_18/gt_ratchet_clank_retrospective_part2-3500_kbps.mp4

Edit: Oh wow, the Chrome plugin to allow video embeds on NeoGAF worked with that like, heh.
Edit 2: You can right click and save as once you've opened the video in Chrome.

Awesome thanks! I'm going to grab the retrospectives since those were some of my fav videos, especially the FF ones.

silva1991

One of the most reliable site to review my Japansese games :(

didn't they used to upload even games intros? I think I remember downloading my first HQ FFX-2 intro video from their site over 11 years ago.

GametimeUK

After being away from Gametrailers for a couple of years they finally won me back 100% a few months ago with their amazing crew. I used the site religiously in 2007. They are one of my go to sites for reviews. This news has hit me hard. I have never had to deal with a site I love basically not existing anymore. I don't like this, I don't like this at all. Just when I started watching again too. :, (

Tengrave

Heartbreak. They really bounced back after the Defy Media switch. Always the first site I went to for reviews. Where will we get the best E3 2016 bets and reactions now? This hits hard.

doorframe

Neo Member
I don't really how the video game journalism industry works, but I would imagine various outlets will be contacting these guys to get them to join? Not all of them going to one place, but individually there should be demand for these guys, no? They are pretty well known.

Top Bottom