• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Savitar

tumblr_n08t2r47dS1tobu6yo1_500.gif

Uhyve

Damn I hope some of them crowd source. I'd happily give at least $10 a month.

Honestly, I always thought a few of their shows could probably be their own Youtube channels if he played the Youtuber game right.

dreamfall

Brandon Jones, you were the absolute best. I'm going to miss hearing your voice.

God speed - here's hoping you all continue to do amazing things GT crew. Peace and love.

KaufLive

Can't believe it's over... That last speech actually made me cry a little haha! Best of luck to everyone, and thanks for all the great years!

That's a wrap. Their return is inevitable, I just hope they return together, and are able to continue their old shows without Defy raising a stink.

Cheers, GT

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Fucking hell, those idiots at Defy could have given them at least an early warning instead of just turning the lights off from one moment to the next.

iNvid02

I don't like these feels one bit, nor do I like the fact that I haven't listened to last weeks gt time

Rip gt, rip

Sesha

Stayed up cause fuck it.

Thanks Brandon, Bloodworth, Matt, Huber, Brad, Kyle, Don, Ian, Ben, and also Elyse, Omar and Damiani. Thanks for all the good times. Bye GT. Best of luck. Peace out.

Crocodile

This seem to come out of nowhere. I had no idea they were doing so bad behind the scenes (and I guess the hosts & staff were surprised too). I only started watching their content regularly like a year ago but they've done some great stuff. This seems like a big blow to games journalism in general. They will be missed and I hope they get new jobs quickly.

:(

Holy shit, what?

Holly shit Kinda Funny is making $51,423 a month. Thats crazy.

A million? Da fuq. So all of their staff make six figures?

Between the two paterons they are currently set for 900,000 dollars in 2016. I am sure Patreon takes some cut of that, but after that the money is somehow split amongst Greg, Colin, Tim, Nick, and Kevin.

But there is also sponsorships and ad revenue, so who knows where that puts the final total.

--------------------------------------
As for GT, that is definitely sad to hear. I didn't follow the website but would definitely watch the occasional video and respected them.

Top Bottom