• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Cyber6x

Neo Member
I'm going to miss GameTrailers soooooooo much.
GT Time, Final Bosman, etc was my lifeblood and I don't know what I'll do without new updates
Thanks guys for the great entertainment and being the most likable crew any game website has ever assembled.
I'll follow them into anything new they do! Thanks Brandon, Kyle, Micheal and all!

Sakujou

Banned
i enjoyed gametrailers back then before youtube came around.
then youtube vs. gt and now gt has become obsolete.

i enjoyed that website, but the ads were dreadful (sometimes i had 2-3 in a row before the video started) so i stopped checking that page back then.

i think havent visited gt for the last 3 years.

Mailbox

I always thought of Gamtrailers as being the other side of the coin to neogaf.

This fucking sucks

I hope the best for everyone there.

Wow, I knew Brandon was a big part of the site, but I never actually realized he was a founding member. He certainly never came off as anything but an equal to the others. I thought Bloodworth was in charge. Maybe he was, after they were bought out?

Really sad to see them go, especially so suddenly. Glad I got to see their final stream, at least. Now I guess I gotta hunker down, try to ignore it for a little while, and study for this test tomorrow. It's going to hurt later in the week though. Not sure where to go for gaming videos now, hopefully some of the GT crew finds a new home soon so I can at least follow them somewhere new.

Might let that Bloodborne video sit in my Watch Later for a little while before I watch it.

I really hope they stay together and find a way to open a new website.

PointedShockedHerculesbeetle.gif

Hope someone downloaded all the retrospectives and content for youtube.

Feels like a friend died.

Miss you gt.

And damn at thst stream ending. Started getting weepy

I'm just now realizing I've been watching GT for nearly half of my entire life, and realizing that I can now think back to all the reviews and top tens I watched on my parents shitty desktop, along with AVGN and the old screwattack stuff. Now the sad feelings are really kicking in.

RIP Gametrailers. :( You guys were the best gaming media out there, and I really hope that you're able to come back in some form. It really pisses me off that a company can just get shut down like that. It shouldn't be possible, especially not in the age of Patreon and such.

Yeah. The crew was the best.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Last year was the year of dreams, and 2016 just feels like it's taking and taking, and not giving anything positive :(

Is there any reason it can't continue on YouTube?

Depends on who owns the IP, I guess.

He might be able to make essentially the same show, just with a different name. Whether he wants to, or if he can even make enough money to justify it . . . that might be a whole nother thing.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I loved their stuff during the X360 days. I'll never forget watching all their Gears videos.

RIP.

LowSignal

Ah man that sucks, I stopped visiting their site a while back as they started losing good staffers. I felt in their prime they ALMOST were a replacement for 1UP. Final Bossman will be missed greatly.

hlhbk

Hope someone downloaded all the retrospectives and content for youtube.

Feels like a friend died.

Miss you gt.

And damn at thst stream ending. Started getting weepy

I am working on downloading them now. That being said I am not sure where to download the retrospectives from since they aren't on the GT youtube site and can't be downloaded with their new player on their site?

Uhyve

GameTrailers was delisted from the Defy media website months ago: http://www.defymedia.com/our-brands/

I think from their end, this was sudden at all. But it really does feel like GT was out of the loop.
I dunno, they all seemed kinda nervous about that meeting the other day, pretty much every show mentioned it.

I love you, thank you so much
Heh, no problem, I was spamming the info on their twitch stream in the hopes to get people archiving, hehe.

V-Faction

Breaks my heart to see people not give two shits. This industry is scooping out the heart and soul that powers it, leaving only a shallow husk of tacky, fake ad-driven sham of a culture.

I'm fairly certain that Kyle Bosman is gonna start working for a publisher as a marketer or something. He's really quite professional, as was seen in his role as the Bud Light Pope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZYUq-jzLUg

In my darkest moments I will always go to this video and remember these fine people I grew to know and love with all of my heart. I will miss Gametrailers dearly and nothing will be able to replace them for me. However this video, this video shows just how great and talented they truely are and how much they cared about what they did and how much they cared for this industry.

I hope some how some way they return because if not this industry is worse off for it.

R.I.P. Gametrailers

So is the site being taken down at the end of the day? Are we losing everything?

I know a gaffer is working on archiving everything on YouTube (thank you!) but will they be able to finish before the YouTube channel is taken down?

If we lose any of the entire archive of Final Bosman I will go ape shit.

Genuinely bummed out. Not only was it one of the only two game sites I care about for reviews/impressions (Giant Bomb being the other), but the crew seems so great.

Every other mag or site I've ever loved ended up wearing out its welcome before it folded, you saw the writing on the wall for months or years, so the sting was less. This feels out of nowhere and I liked GT more than ever.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom