• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Mailbox

GT forums used to be quite something as well

FMIbVdm.jpg

God damn it, I remember lurking on Gametrailers forums and finding that thread by accident.

God, I laughed way too much.

;_;

hlhbk

I just hope they leave their shit up for a couple days. At this rate it's going to be over a day to download everything from their youtube site. I hope I don't run out of space since I am downloading everything in HD. LOL

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I love GT time

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm truly saddened by this news: they have been my favourite review site since inception.

I hope Brandon gets a job at Gamespot... that would be amazing.

hlhbk

So is the site being taken down at the end of the day? Are we losing everything?

I know a gaffer is working on archiving everything on YouTube (thank you!) but will they be able to finish before the YouTube channel is taken down?

If we lose any of the entire archive of Final Bosman I will go ape shit.

Your welcome bro.

Kamina777

Banned
It had a good run, i thought it was Keighly's site, never new it was in any danger of closing down. Long live its reviews and interesting side content.

mhayze

I wish they'd found a way to make a going concern out of being a pure youtube channel. They had some good content, but I found their video player and streaming capabilities obnoxious, and their website was bad, yet their youtube channel was incomplete and designed to drive you to their website.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, thanks to all the guys who are downloading their videos. I can't believe some Final Bosman episodes are going to be simply lost.

wiibomb

Someone please make a torrent of all the videos and share them with me.

Please.

I don't have the connection to download the whole videos before the takedown.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Never given money to a Patreon, but for the GT guys, I would give what I can.

EDIT: Share that torrent with me, dammit.

THIS. I back Kinda Funny, I back SIFTD, I will back GT. They should stay together. Put your $ where your keyboards are GAF.

Yeah, do it GT crew. I would back 100% and feel great doing it. I know I'm not alone either. There's no way we wouldn't add up to enough for an office, some equipment and a staff salary... worth trying when the chips are down.

Mikey Jr.

THIS. I back Kinda Funny, I back SIFTD, I will back GT. They should stay together. Put your $ where your keyboards are GAF.

God as my witness, I will. 10 bucks a month for sure. Might up it to 15 because I'll just cancel some other shit.

Zomba13

GameTrailers was delisted from the Defy media website months ago: http://www.defymedia.com/our-brands/

I think from their end, this was sudden at all. But it really does feel like GT was out of the loop.

I think they expected it for a while. There were plenty of jokes about losing their jobs both in videos and around the office (according the guys, in the stream). I bet they just expected some notice and not "Don't come in tomorrow because GT is done".

Pandacon

This is a big lose for me, no other internet videogame group did i relate to as much as them. I hope the best for all the GT guys, the internet will feel empty without them.

They first need to be crowd funded to keep the gang together.
If it works out, they can then start their own youtube channel. I don't want Bosman and Huber going their separate ways. I don't think I could handle that. :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I freaking knew someone was going to put that freaking Hobbit song. THESE TEARS.

Top Bottom