• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Bittercup

Can someone GT-ify my avatar?
Here:
rsz_2blaaahiladj.png

So just out of curiosity I decided to take a look at the views on the videos uploaded over the past week on GameTrailers, and the numbers are very comparable to Kinda Funny (PS I Love You XOXO being the exception, with the views on that being over double the average).

If they can get the Patreon backing, the YouTube route could be a very viable option. The fact remains I don't think it could sustain the full team though :(

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I've seen Gametrailers go through so many different stages, but i really thought this last iteration was the best.

I've been watching Final Bosman since day 1 and I got on the Huber Hype train since last E3 with their reactions. Bloodworth's opinions are so spot on. Gonna miss all of them.

Man, 2016 is just the worst year. When's the hurting gonna stop?

wiibomb

can someone GTfy my avatar please? I still can't believe the best gaming site I've ever got to see is now closing.

also, is tehre any news about the downloads of the videos from the site-youtube?

UrbanRats

I've seen Gametrailers go through so many different stages, but i really thought this last iteration was the best.

I've been watching Final Bosman since day 1 and I got on the Huber Hype train since last E3 with their reactions. Bloodworth's opinions are so spot on. Gonna miss all of them.

Man, 2016 is just the worst year. When's the hurting gonna stop?
It's only February.

I will be forever grateful for the opportunity Geoff Grotz, Brandon Jones and Jon Slusser gave me in 2006. GT truly pioneered video coverage for the video game industry around the world and I'm humbled and honored to have been a part of it.

Don, Brandon, Daniel and others I wish you the best of luck going forward. I'm confident you'll land on your feet somewhere. Congratulations and good luck!

One of the legendary GT originals! Glad to see you on Gaf! Hope all is well!

MarioLinkSamus likely set the template on one of your favorite shows and was easily one of my favorite people at GT! Was sad to see him go, but thrilled that he moved on for the best of reasons!

jeffers

So final bet score was 3 super seat, 1 blood, 0 Jones, 1 kyle.. Unless someone wants to go time unravel credits. But regardless, super seat wins final series.

I tried going through a bunch of episodes myself but can't seem to find it. Does anyone remember what episode of The Final Bosman it was where Kyle was wondering why Elyse was being rude to him, and then it flashes back or something and Kyle is being really mean to Elyse, saying "and ______ is stupid" or something like that?

I still treasure their retrospectives. In fact, because of them I fell in love with retrospectives. I still re-watch their Final Fantasy one once in a while. Also, I can't forget shows like Trailer Academy (I wish I could download every ep of it) and Pop Fiction.

And don't forget the classics: because of them I knew the AVGN, ScrewAttack and that silly show, Ash, What Are You Playing?. They will be missed.

I will missed them.
I miss them now.

Honestly, I never thought the ending a web site (just a web site) would affect me like this. It's like I lost a friend u.u

It will be a hard drink to swallow.

I have to admit I'm saddend and honestly surprised by this news.
They were still my go to site for reviews, they were just so well put together and reasonable.

Sad to see this very talented group of folks out on their asses.
I sincerely hope that other outlets recognize the talent available there and snatch them up.

Mathezar

Damn, I'm really surprised by this news. GT was my go-to place for video reviews. Their other content was also mostly enjoyable.

Brandon said on the final stream that the game library was theirs, and they were going to divvy up the games amongst themselves. Huber joked(?) that he was going to sell his share to make rent.

Awesome! That's good to know! :) On a serious note though, I really hope they all find work soon.

Hasney

This is such a bullshit policy; no company worth their salt only recognises the need to shut down a day before they actually do. They need better employee protection laws against company-wide shutdowns.

Yeah, if this was in the UK it'd take months to do. I had so many consultation meetings and processes to go through to see if I could be put elsewhere as it was just a brand shutting down and not the parent company like this situation. Feels so weird that they can just go "lolbye".

I still remember it like yesterday.

The year is 2007, and GT gave COD 4 the award for best graphics. The year Crysis came out.

Nevar4get

MarioLinkSamus

not a fan of Ashley Madison. Digs her website tho
One of the legendary GT originals! Glad to see you on Gaf! Hope all is well!

MarioLinkSamus likely set the template on one of your favorite shows and was easily one of my favorite people at GT! Was sad to see him go, but thrilled that he moved on for the best of reasons!

Once a gamer, always a gamer. Your Gaf video feature inspired me to come back! You're a class act and professional all around Shola. Wishing you the best wherever you're at!

Top Bottom