• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

LiK

Damn still legit bummed about this =(.

I'm eagerly awaiting any positive news to come from this. Maybe a couple of them start a Patreon or something.

video is the future so I'm sure they can easily find new work. depends on where they go. I hope they stick together tho.

FTF

Sure
bobo2fwkc7.png

and that's the image I use if someone wants to do it.
gtw3buu.png

kmdcnkk22alkw.png

rudleyavatar2fey4d.png

Could you add to mine as well? And thanks for doing this for everyone. :)

Bossti

Neo Member

I'm eagerly awaiting any positive news to come from this. Maybe a couple of them start a Patreon or something.
Yeah, Huber Bosman Moore would make a kickass core team though I'd like to at least see Brad as well.

I'm not concerned about Ian. He's just so calm and reasoned about this. Ian's got friends in every town and village from here to Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, playing games and taking names. You'll soon see him again. With any luck, he's got a new job already.

tumblr_inline_mp0ag8TDqt1qz4rgp.gif

Seriously though, I would imagine he could join Elyse again if he wanted. But maybe he'll take the plunge and get into movies.

coiler

GT was my first go-to page in the PS2 era by the end of last gen it started to die slowly. Best of luck guys whatever are you up to now.

hlhbk

lol, who's your ISP?

Comcast My exact response was:

"I am paying you an extra $35 a month to get off your terrible 300 GB data cap that shouldn't even be there in the first place. There were no terms saying I couldn't download 24/7 when I bought the unlimited plan, so please do not call me again about data usage."

Bittercup

I do see some people getting GT Avatars. I would appreciate if somebody could add that on to mine with the Iwata, if that's okay. It feels a little sacrilegious to put a company closing next to an actual loss of life, but I feel like they represented a similar passion and positivity for the industry, but from opposite sides, so it seems somewhat fitting.
I agree. It's not equating the losses as being the same. For me the GT logo is just there to show that I appreciate what they did and I'm going to miss them and hope they find some place where they can continue. Ideally somewhere where I can watch them again.
iwata23ibo62.png

Could you add to mine as well? And thanks for doing this for everyone. :)
Yes :)
keq4rfi2otz2e.png

wiibomb

"I am paying you an extra $35 a month to get off your terrible 300 GB data cap that shouldn't even be there in the first place. There were no terms saying I couldn't download 24/7 when I bought the unlimited plan, so please do not call me again about data usage."

extra $35??? for unlimited download cap? welp.

I guess I'm happy with paying for my ISP unlimited sub of that same amount, even though I have less than 3Mb

RiverKwai

Still totally bummed out. It's like, finding out Firefly was canceled. Or when the credits roll on the last episode of Cowboy Bebop. That kind of feels. It's like there's a GT sized hole in my life now. It's crazy.

Senteevs

I might have missed it, because I only read about 30 pages of the thread, but are there any statements already about what the guys plan on doing?
I know it just happened but since there are no decent alternatives to GT in terms of reviews and content, I'm kind of left out in the rain.

It's been a great ride and I don't want it to end.
Just as Brandon said in his farewell speech, I grew up with them. I feel like I've lost part of my family.

hlhbk

extra $35??? for unlimited download cap? welp.

I guess I'm happy with paying for my ISP unlimited sub of that same amount, even though I have less than 3Mb

Google Fiber is currently being installed in my city. To say I am counting down until it's ready is an understatement.

LiK

ah I see. I'm using Comcast too but my limit has been suspended for years. they never bothered implementing it. I'm guessing they fear the switch to FiOS in my area. they shouldn't even be calling you until you reached the limit right?

sora87

I might have missed it, because I only read about 30 pages of the thread, but are there any statements already about what the guys plan on doing?
I know it just happened but since there are no decent alternatives to GT in terms of reviews and content, I'm kind of left out in the rain.

Just as Brandon said in his farewell speech, I grew up with them. I feel like I've lost part of my family.

Some of them are tweeting about finding work and looking for leads.
Few of them haven't said anything about their plans yet though.
Whatever it is, I hope they hang out on twitch some nights.
It'd soften the blow at least.

wiibomb

Google Fiber is currently being installed in my city. To say I am counting down until it's ready is an understatement.

at least you get that option there, I have to stick to my connection in my shitty country.

anyway, how's the download going?

Hasney

Yeah, they're just looking right now. They literally found out and were closed down yesterday.

EpicBox

Damn, I nearly made it 10 years as a member.

And as a forum mod on GT, this was definitely one of my most memorable moments.

thetool.png

The community was hilarious sometimes. I really miss the factions.

wiibomb

thetool.png

this made me a huge laugh...

damages and victimisation???? seriously?

although it is still sad to see a permaban, specially if it comes to someone who makes effort into the account, but those threats are not the way to solve anything

Justinh

thetool.png

Haha, oh WOW!

I used to be afraid of getting PMs, because I have gotten some shitty ones, but most of them were like "why'd you close my thread instead of moving it? You moved the others?"
I was only a section mod for Non-Gaming though, so I couldn't ban people (I totally would have, though. Fuck your "get this many people to click and see this girl nude" links) and this was like 2008-9 before a redesign that prevented me from logging in.

Ah...good times...
Even here, where I'm even more of a nobody, I get suuuper nervous if I ever get a PM, unless I'm giving something away.

Hasney

Or Ben Moore.

DistinctLightheartedDwarfmongoose.gif

I do hope wherever Ben ends up he's on videos or podcasts and has the freedom to rant when he wants to, he's fantastic when he gets going. Fantastic review writer so I know somewhere will snap him up in that capacity, but I need more Moore!
This would be cool but I'd hate for someone like Bosman to be unable to speak openly regularly. Remember that one employee who went on that podcast?

This is more on the production end, so like Blood tweeted, more for Ian or Don. Don was a bit shy in front of the camera anyway and not always comfortable (although fantastic when he was) so it could be a great fit for him.

I think now Ian has the taste of doing stupid shit in front of the camera, he'll be wanting more of that.

thetool.png

I fear for the day the mods here will tire of my shit and permaban me. Imagine sending something like this to Bish. I'd give you real-life life expectancy of 2 hours.

Got home from work with a few beers and been watching random episodes to send the lads off properly.

Man this fucking sucks :(

Such a positive voice in the industry taken offline with nothing at all to replace it. Will miss all the original content and reviews. Will miss the podcast. Most of all will miss the infectious enthusiasm that always reminded me why I love and what I love about gaming.

All the best GT crew. Wherever you end up I'll be dropping by to see what you get up to. Much respect.

P.s. e3 is going to suck hard if your bets and commentary don't show up somewhere/somehow... just saying.

AAK

A real feel good ending would be to see Brandon Jones get a position for Rockstar San Diego or Disney to work on either the Red Dead or Infinity series.

Haunted

Time to rewatch the Until Dawn pyjama party, Bosman and Huber playing Guns Gore and Cannoli and play Don Casanova's Mario Maker levels.

Bizzquik

Yeah, I keep thinking there's no way they can Patreon an effort of 10 people, so it'd almost certainly have to be something smaller - 3 or 4 people, perhaps.

I've checked this thread half a dozen times today hoping for any positive developments, changes, etc. :-(

gazele

Banned
Yeah, Brandon working for Disney Infinity makes a ton of sense

Get Johnny V on that!

Other good fits

Ben Moore to Blizzard

Huber to work on Shenmue

Bosman to lead the Nintendo Treehouse live team

Brad Ellis to Square Enix

Bloodworth to CD Project Red

Top Bottom