• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Shins

Banned
mattso said:
I still need to do 50 waves of horde in general
salute.gif

Kibbles

RSTEIN said:
Just browsing the Official Gears forums (to see if Epic has responded to the new glitches) and one dude was playing with the Epic team and they said that more Gears 1 maps are on the way. Here.
Hmm, could this be the Dark Corners map pack?

cresto

Kibbles said:
Hmm, could this be the Dark Corners map pack?
I can't imagine they would already have plans for another map pack. map packs only hold so much substance, you know. hopefully it will be something cool and unique :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Mr YuYu said:
any chance some map packs will become free after a while? ( like the map pack for gears 1)
I remember reading somewhere that Combustible Maps will be free in Summer.

Might just be internet rumours and hot air, though.

Mohonky

cjelly said:
I remember reading somewhere that Combustible Maps will be free in Summer.

Might just be internet rumours and hot air, though.
All maps for this game should be free considering the right fuck around it has been with the lag.

JB1981

The lag was pretty bad last time I played too. We're talking 1.5 seconds before shotgun shells would register on a wall or something. But we have bitched about this problem for over 2 years and no one has cared about it ...... the game sells millions, epic rolls in the dough and laughs all the way to the bank. it's nice that they "update" the game and all, but the lag is really fucking unacceptable. i'm convinced it has something to do w/ this particular game engine and not the quality of the network code.

Raiden

Banned
JB1981 said:
The lag was pretty bad last time I played too. We're talking 1.5 seconds before shotgun shells would register on a wall or something. But we have bitched about this problem for over 2 years and no one has cared about it ...... the game sells millions, epic rolls in the dough and laughs all the way to the bank. it's nice that they "update" the game and all, but the lag is really fucking unacceptable. i'm convinced it has something to do w/ this particular game engine and not the quality of the network code.

Oh god no ... thats about the only reason im not playing Gears 2, its bothering me, i tend to shoot a few shotgun rounds on the wall to check how they're reacting.

When i get delays i tend to suck, however when i get perfect reaction i pretty much own ..

I thought this was fixed :(

Aladuf

Banned
warbegins said:
i could probably write better netcode than Epic
Yeah, me too... but what I'd do is write up one quick letter.

Dear Bungie or Infinity Ward,

I can haz your netcode?

ty,

Epic Games

-PXG-

Aladuf said:
Yeah, me too... but what I'd do is write up one quick letter.

Dear Bungie or Infinity Ward,

I can haz your netcode?

ty,

Epic Games

UE4 better not have host side hit detection. What the hell was Epic thinking? Bungie, IW, even Rare can make better net code. Perfect Dark Zero had 32 players, big ass maps and tons of shit going on. There was hardly any lag at all.

JB1981

Just played a few rounds on the Snowblind playlist.

My god, fucking ANNEX games are the laggiest piece of shit games that I've ever played. No, really, I have NEVER EVER played another online game that has as much lag as this game does. The host of the game had about 35 kills. He was invincible. Dude would just run up to the circle, take on 3 guys at a time with his shotty and absolutely DECIMATED our team. There was one exchange where I was literally shooting at this dude w/ my Lancer for about 30 seconds AND he was taking shotgun fire from two teammates and my Lancer bullets not only did nothing to phase this dude, he took the other two guys at as well! This game is a fucking DISASTER. Fuck this game. I do enjoy the singleplayer campaign but I am honestly considering sitting the third game out. I really don't NEED to play this shit - there are so many other alternatives available.

-PXG-

JB1981 said:
Just played a few rounds on the Snowblind playlist.

My god, fucking ANNEX games are the laggiest piece of shit games that I've ever played. No, really, I have NEVER EVER played another online game that has as much lag as this game does. The host of the game had about 35 kills. He was invincible. Dude would just run up to the circle, take on 3 guys at a time with his shotty and absolutely DECIMATED our team. There was one exchange where I was literally shooting at this dude w/ my Lancer for about 30 seconds AND he was taking shotgun fire from two teammates and my Lancer bullets not only did nothing to phase this dude, he took the other two guys at as well! This game is a fucking DISASTER. Fuck this game. I do enjoy the singleplayer campaign but I am honestly considering sitting the third game out. I really don't NEED to play this shit - there are so many other alternatives available.

I would say that one in every 20 or 25 matches, I get a REALLY laggy one, where only the host and chainsaw bitches get kills. It sucks, but on the most part, things are better.

I too question why I still play Gears, yet, there is a reason as to why I do. The game is plagued with horrible net code and "WTF" moments. However, in spite of the host's god-like powers, and the game's desire to fuck you over at the worst times, I keep playing anyway, in hopes that we will overcome and be victorious over all the bullshit.

In other words, we want to be able to say that we whooped the hosts sorry ass and cheated the game, before it could cheat me. :lol

Midway should publish Gears 3 so we could finally have dedicated servers.

Cliff, fix the fucking glitch where you spawn without a weapon. It has happens to me every night. Seriously, what the fuck?

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Sony should publish Gears 3 so we could finally have dedicated servers.

Cliff, fix the fucking glitch where you spawn without a weapon. It has happens to me every night. Seriously, what the fuck?
Seriously, you get that shit all the time now. It used to happen a lot then it stopped but damn, it's come back for you with a fury lately. I don't know why it happens for you and basically nobody else though.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Domino Theory said:
give_me_xhostx!!CC&^_k_thnx++*&*.exe

Actually that code did ship with warbegins' copy of Gears 2. Mother fucker went 16-4 one game >.> (execution NOT territories)

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Actually that code did ship with warbegins' copy of Gears 2. Mother fucker went 16-4 one game >.> (execution NOT territories)
Psh, I went 17-4 on Fuel Depot last night (Execution) off host too. You were in there, brah.

edit: that means I got a hold of Third's Gears 2 disc.

Aladuf said:
Seriously, you get that shit all the time now. It used to happen a lot then it stopped but damn, it's come back for you with a fury lately. I don't know why it happens for you and basically nobody else though.
I mean, what kind of company allows a game to be released where you have no weapon? Oh well, I guess four or five times a night isn't too bad when you think about it.

birdman said:
lol @ Midway
Trust me, I know.

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Here's that video I was talking about last night:

Torque Bow Ricochet Montage
So he just fires off Torque Bow shots into crowded areas with people who have taken damage? I mean, I can appreciate the couple of shots that actually do ricochet off of a wall and then stick into a person but otherwise it doesn't seem too impressive.

JB1981 said:
Jesus that's insane. Can you do that in Gears 2?
It's probably easier in Gears 2 since the splash damage has been increased.

Aladuf said:
So he just fires off Torque Bow shots into crowded areas with people who have taken damage? I mean, I can appreciate the couple of shots that actually do ricochet off of a wall and then stick into a person but otherwise it doesn't seem too impressive.
u mad lols

cresto

NubCakes09 said:
I just wish that I could play Warzone/Execution on the new maps when I want to. That way, I never have to play Meatflag again.
same. i cant stand any of the other game types

Shoogoo

I've been playing a lot of Koth/Annex lately. I fell it's going better than before but sometimes (1 out of 10 matches maybe) the lag is awful and people are sliding and warping shit all over the place, and that lag is worse than pre-patch.

Also, sometimes I have infinite ammos with the lancer and it auto-reloads, what the hell with that?

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
u mad lols
Montages don't impress me, we've talked about this. That one actually seemed less impressive then the standard "lol sniper headshot montage" because the dude just killed weakened people with splash damage. :/

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
What about the Boltok one? :eek:
Does it impress you? Seeing people do stuff that I can do but edited all together with some shit-tastic rap song in the background just doesn't do it for me. :lol

draven

Love the new maps, but Courtyard is just too damn big. Especially when playing with randoms, getting them to stay together and coordinate efforts is like pulling teeth. At least on other maps it normally happens randomly.

Shoogoo

Hootie said:
I don't see any option for Public Horde matches only for the Snowblind maps

That sucks. Same goes with the flashback map pack. That pack is free and I never ever played a horde on those maps.

whitehawk

Banned
Aladuf said:
lol You fool. Its damn impressive and you know it.

Shins

Banned
It's not. If he could ricochet the arrow, and stick the arrow into the enemy each time, that would be impressive. This is a montage in which I see three to four truly memorable moments. There is no indication as to the number of discarded attempts. Going by the fluff kills in this already brief vignette, I suspect there were a lot.

Neat? Sure (though the music, as usual, is godawful). Useful? Definitely. Impressive? Nah.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Like I said last night, the Halo plasma grenade vids are better. At least those take planning and strategy. As Duf said, most of these kills are from random shots into a group of already wounded enemies. A few of them are cool (like using the curve of the pipe on Tyro) but I'm sure it took lots of recordings to get these dozen or so kills.

Edit: basically what Shins just said :lol (didn't see your post!)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I had one of the weirdest games earlier...first off there was a rank 100 on my team:)lol), another guy on my team ended up with a score of 0 because he would just hide on the map. He wasn't idle, he would literally just hide in spawn or something(this was in Fuel Depot, he also hid in the one corner covered by the boxes one of the rounds) and plant smoke grenades, a few people would run into it but he would just roll past and run, never firing a shot.

Oh, and speaking of Fuel Depot, what the hell is with the mortar inside? It seems glitchy as hell so I always avoid it, a lot of people shoot it inside and get a few kills, others just kill themself with it and maybe a few enemies along side. It seems obvious to bring it outside, but is using it inside a viable thing to do?

Shins

Banned
Papercuts said:
another guy on my team ended up with a score of 0 because he would just hide on the map. He wasn't idle, he would literally just hide in spawn or something(this was in Fuel Depot, he also hid in the one corner covered by the boxes one of the rounds) and plant smoke grenades, a few people would run into it but he would just roll past and run, never firing a shot.
hm.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The level 100 guys glitched for it - I've yet to see one myself, but apparently there are people going around glitching it for MS points or so - Epic already know about it from the look of things on the forum...

Papercuts said:
another guy on my team ended up with a score of 0 because he would just hide on the map. He wasn't idle, he would literally just hide in spawn or something(this was in Fuel Depot, he also hid in the one corner covered by the boxes one of the rounds) and plant smoke grenades, a few people would run into it but he would just roll past and run, never firing a shot.
did he happen to go by the gamertag of "Aladuf23"?

Top Bottom