• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Shins said:
2vma745.gif

No no no, if smoke greandes were gone, I would be nowhere. My enviable scouting ability, tactical breakdown of the battlefield, and excellent diction make me a model of efficiency for all to behold.

You're just walking in my shadow. I got the biggest house on the big side of town. I got 600 suits! This ain't no garden party, brother, this is Gears of War, where only the strongest survive. To be the man, you've gotta beat the man! Playing while sipping Cristal in the backseat of my Cadillac. Nobody lives like this!

I'm a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!!

:lol :lol

Rei_Toei said:
Guys, quickie question: 3 of my best mates and me are thinking about digging in Gears 2 coming friday with the four of us. We've got 2 360s, 2 good screens and acces to broadband internet. Is it possible to a) play story mode with 4 guys? If not, versus and horde it is. Is it in this case easier to either b) play/hook up online or c) system link? I've never hooked up 360s before and haven't played GeoW1 online so am kinda oblivious with this stuff.

System link them up.... It is super easy, connect and it will recognize instantly.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Karma Kramer said:
Downright dirty!

did you listen to the new squarepusher? if so whatd u think?

Howdy!

Yes I did. I dunno, he's just noodling around with different sounds, his bass guitar, etc. That seems to be his MO lately. I don't know where the guy who made Big Loada, Rotten Note, Ultravisitor went. Venetian Snare's Detrementalist is amazing tho.

cresto

RSTEIN said:
Howdy!

Yes I did. I dunno, he's just noodling around with different sounds, his bass guitar, etc. That seems to be his MO lately. I don't know where the guy who made Big Loada, Rotten Note, Ultravisitor went. Venetian Snare's Detrementalist is amazing tho.
What does MO mean? I hear it all the time on all crime dramas, but haven't learned what that means... sad i know

RSTEIN said:
Howdy!

Yeah... no longer is he really trying to push himself I feel. Determentalist is damn good though...

Aphex might be releasing something soon under a new alias J.K... ill pm you if I hear more about it.

J2d

At first I was kinda disapointed, I didn't even think the graphics were that good to be honest but the game quickly to a turn to awesome and has stayed there for six hours or so. I checked the unlockables and the Gears 1 stuff haven't been unlocked even though I got those achievements, any one else run into that problem?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Why the stupid comments about the golden weapons anyway? They showed them back when they were both officially announced together over a month or two ago.

cresto

dagZ said:
links to pictures of the golden guns.

image-o-matic.x

image-o-matic.x

haha that really has no point to it. looks pretty sweet though.

i think people are trying to make more out of these than what they are...

RSTEIN said:
modus operandi... method of operation.

THANK YOU!!!! I honestly didnt know it came from latin. Whats new, though. :p

Aladuf

Banned
dagZ said:
links to pictures of the golden guns.

image-o-matic.x

image-o-matic.x
Fuck the haters, those things look fucking tight. I might not use them every time I play some MP but I'll download them and probably use them a lot.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Aladuf said:
Fuck the haters, those things look fucking tight. I might not use them every time I play some MP but I'll download them and probably use them a lot.
Seriously? They look awful, dude. I mean, at least make it TRY to look like a real gold weapon, and not something Dom constructed when they found a candy shop and lined the weapon using hundreds of gold tinfoil wrappers.

Aladuf

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
Seriously? They look awful, dude. I mean, at least make it TRY to look like a real gold weapon, and not something Dom constructed when they found a candy shop and lined the weapon using hundreds of gold tinfoil wrappers.
I think they look out of place as hell but the Gold Lancer especially looks cool to me. I'm not digging the Hammerburst as much... perhaps I should just hold onto that code and sell it on ebay for a few bucks once the game is out and people are desperate (sorry h3ro :lol).

HiResDes

Ken Masters said:
link?

also, I no longer have a gold membership for XBL, so is this game worth the buy? I did play quite a bit of MP and co-op for the last game
no, not really, just rent it...There are a ton of other AAA games being released right now that offer more robust single player experiences.

Dirtbag

Golden guns area among the most hideous weapons I've ever seen.

Wish they would have at least attempted to make it appear like it belongs in the universe, and tricked them out differently. Maybe camo-patterns, or a sexier paint scheme.... but gold? Like that? Yucko

Stantron

Aladuf said:
That's assuming you can switch back and forth.

Aladuf

Banned
Stantron said:
That's assuming you can switch back and forth.
You can, and that'll be happening a lot with me. Having a golden weapon like that in MP matches might be bad because it sticks out so much, but in Horde it won't be a problem. :D

The gold weapons look ok... I was not expecting too much. I wish they had gone the Army of 2 route... those gold / tricked out weapons looked awesome.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
whitehawk said:
At times, the lancer looks hideous :lol :lol

Well, it looks good when you're playing on your Halo 3 Limited Edition Pukefest Xbox 360 System. They're soulmates.

Aladuf said:
You can, and that'll be happening a lot with me. Having a golden weapon like that in MP matches might be bad because it sticks out so much, but in Horde it won't be a problem. :D
Exactly. You can bet your ass I'll be using my gold weapons during Horde, but not so much with regular matchmaking.

whitehawk

Banned
KookyBastard said:
Although I missed out on the LE version by preordering too late, I wish the gold-plated lancer looked like this:

goldlanceryx6.jpg

Totally Sick.
Holy shit yes. I was hoping it would look something like that, but instead they just plastered gold on the thing.

Wizman23

Banned
So apparantly we are now bitching about the color of a gun that we dont even have to use?:lol

Considering the amount of reviews that dropped today that is a good thing since there is nothing game wise we are bitching about!

Friday at 12:01 AM can't get here fast enough!

KookyBastard said:
Although I missed out on the LE version by preordering too late, I wish the gold-plated lancer looked like this:

goldlanceryx6.jpg

Totally Sick.
By preordering too late? You'll be able to find the LE in your local Best Buy, Circuit City, Gamestop, etc.

Dax01 said:
By preordering too late? You'll be able to find the LE in your local Best Buy, Circuit City, Gamestop, etc.

The places around me didn't have anymore. One gamestop had more pre-orders of the LE than they would be getting. Of course, I only checked the two Gamestops near me, and not the circuit cities and stuff, but I've never shopped for games anywhere else. And I got lazy.

Doodis

KookyBastard said:

goldlanceryx6.jpg

Totally Sick.
This would have been totally rad. Right now, the guns look like bronzed baby booties.

LS002125.jpg

Sailor

Aladuf said:
:lol He was talking about the tv show. But there is a King of the Hill gametype in Gears 2.

Oh, my bad xD

And the lancer actually looks good to me. Yeah, it stands out..but it's still smexy. Sucks though because BlockBuster isn't giving away any HammerBurst codes..and they wouldn't let me pre-order the LE version because they're only getting standard.

Looks like no golden guns for me :(

dagZ

Mark V said:
Easy to decision: come to CityWalk. A launch like this only comes once a year, if that. You can get the game anywhere, but you can only be part of the biggest launch experience at CityWalk. Think about it:

*There will be hundreds of fellow Gears fans to experience all the hype with
*Gears swag
*meet Cliff, get your stuff signed
*see the voice actors (who knows what they'll do? if John DiMaggio at ComicCon was any indication...funny stuff!)
*Hammerburst code (can't get it anywhere else besides midnight launches)
*be part of something special

Yes parking at CityWalk is a pain, so organize a GAF carpool to save on gas/parking. :D

is the launch at midnight? or anytime on friday will you get that code?

mileS

Still scratching my head as to why David Ellis said the gore and violence from Fallout 3 bothered him but he doesn't mention it at all in the Gears 2 review crew.

I mean yea Fallout 3 is violent and gory but from what I've seen of Gears 2 i'm pretty sure thats on a completely different level. Not that its a bad thing or anything.

BTW GameTrailers video review is up now. 9.5!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Nobody works at wal mart here? I wonder if they'll have the CE at midnight on thursday. They have it online but I want to get it that night.

Top Bottom