• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

cresto

whitehawk said:
I'm going to get it directly after school, and will be playing it until late in the night :)
Same here, unfortunately that means after 6 PM on FRIDAY. :mad:

Oh well, the extra bit of wait will make it that much more sweeter! :)

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
+1 Valvoga love.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING? HE'S JUST STANDING THERE WITH THE SHOTGUN??

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH HE'S RUNNING TOWARDS US!! FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

mattso

I am so tempted to buy an xbox 360 and this game this weekend.

I must wait. My grades this semester depend on it.

AHHH

mattso said:
I am so tempted to buy an xbox 360 and this game this weekend.

I must wait. My grades this semester depend on it.

AHHH
Takes me back to when Call of Duty 2 pretty much ruined my first semester of college. :lol

Just make sure all your shit is done and ready to go, then have fun with the game. Know your limits and you'll be fine.

mattso

ThirdEngine said:
Takes me back to when Call of Duty 2 pretty much ruined my first semester of college. :lol

Just make sure all your shit is done and ready to go, then have fun with the game. Know your limits and you'll be fine.

This semester is just really busy. GRE, grad school apps, lots of work, and I already have enough distractions with friends and my wii/ds.

Probably would be smartest to just wait til after finals (or at least until after I'm done with grad school apps) to buy an xbox360 and this.. but gosh.. I'm going to see all you guys having fun without me!

I can't stop watching videos of this. Horde looks like a blast.

*sigh*

My 360 froze again. I tried it again WITHOUT the harddrive which I thought was causing the problem.

I've gotta laugh to keep from crying man. Words cannot describe my frustration. This will be my 4th xbox and it couldn't have come at a worse time. I've been waiting for this launch more than any other game I can think of. More than Halo 3.

I've been doing literally nothing for the last 2 months as far as gaming. I would have fucking wished for this thing to fail on me then. But it fails on me now and I have no choice but to ship it in because I don't have the money to get a new box right now.

Ohh...my heart. Help gaf...my rage...help.

Aladuf

Banned
Your box is acting sketchy as hell FaZe, worst case scenario hopefully it'll last long enough to get in a little bit of good playtime before you might have to send it off. Not having a working 360 on Gears 2 launch day would fucking suuuuuuuuck.

Dark FaZe said:
*sigh*

My 360 froze again. I tried it again WITHOUT the harddrive which I thought was causing the problem.

I've gotta laugh to keep from crying man. Words cannot describe my frustration. This will be my 4th xbox and it couldn't have come at a worse time. I've been waiting for this launch more than any other game I can think of. More than Halo 3.

I've been doing literally nothing for the last 2 months as far as gaming. I would have fucking wished for this thing to fail on me then. But it fails on me now and I have no choice but to ship it in because I don't have the money to get a new box right now.

Ohh...my heart. Help gaf...my rage...help.
Dude that really, really sucks. Hopefully they'll get that shit back to you ASAP. I feel for you man.

Nah....I'm not going to even try to play. All it will do is just give me a tease and then fuck up.

Its also freezing frequently now. You know how the 360 is. Loves to give you hope when it fails. My guess is that initially a few days ago it went through the beginning stages, and now its basically just full on done.

All I can do is suck it in and shake my head.

Tell me how good the game is though guys! I want to have a good game to come back to :lol

Aladuf

Banned
FaZe, of all people I didn't expect you to pack it in without a fight man! It's still working, just try to give it a shot on Friday. :(

BRING OUT THE TOWELS

whitehawk

Banned
Dark FaZe said:
Nah....I'm not going to even try to play. All it will do is just give me a tease and then fuck up.

Its also freezing frequently now. You know how the 360 is. Loves to give you hope when it fails. My guess is that initially a few days ago it went through the beginning stages, and now its basically just full on done.

All I can do is suck it in and shake my head.

Tell me how good the game is though guys! I want to have a good game to come back to :lol
Dude, send that 360 to Microsoft. Then in the meantime, buy a new system from bestbuy, play gears for about 3 weeks, and return the system within a month :)

Aladuf said:
FaZe, of all people I didn't expect you to pack it in without a fight man! It's still working, just try to give it a shot on Friday. :(

BRING OUT THE TOWELS

3 Red Lights now...its official. No money to try the replacement plan thing. I'm not quite so desperate anyway.

I should have known this would happen. Its the same 360 I had before when my 360 had a video out problem where it didn't display any video and the gpu basically failed.

I should have known they probably just did some temporary bullshit to fix it and eventually whatever fix they did would fall apart at the last minute.

*shrug*

It is what it is. The funny thing is that the bastards will probably give me some shittacular lder model when they have these newer models out anyway. I'll ask for a manager in the morning about this shit and make sure I get a decent box this time.

whitehawk

Banned
Damn that sucks :( I have a pretty recent model (spring this year) so I don't think it will crap out, but hey you never know.

TRY THE TOWEL TRICK FIRST!

Aladuf

Banned
whitehawk said:
Damn that sucks :( I have a pretty recent model (spring this year) so I don't think it will crap out, but hey you never know.
Yeah I have a fall 2007 model because I decided to update my box last year and I feel optimistic that it should have no problems but you never know. What I do know is that if something does happen... lets just say I'm glad that I have a paycheck coming on Wednesday.

Treo360

J-Rzez said:
You've been Killzoned?

I'm just gameflying this. The first one ended fast (outside on the train looked great), and it's MP was shallow. Thus I'm not putting much faith into this. Also, I think a lot has to do that it doesn't have that zomg-graphical edge anymore. Along with what looks like more of the same sluggish gameplay. We'll see if they fixed it up. Co-op was a good time though.

Too bad for you then (at the least you are renting it) So far the story has been great with some unexpected twists (really unexpected twists) The story is that much better than the first.

Graphically it's great and smooth. Sluggish? Nah not this time around.

FrankT

J-Rzez said:
You've been Killzoned?

I'm just gameflying this. The first one ended fast (outside on the train looked great), and it's MP was shallow. Thus I'm not putting much faith into this. Also, I think a lot has to do that it doesn't have that zomg-graphical edge anymore. Along with what looks like more of the same sluggish gameplay. We'll see if they fixed it up. Co-op was a good time though.

GameSpy
While it's certainly open to debate, we're going to go out on a limb and call Gears of War 2 the most visually impressive game of all-time.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/gearsofwar2

Woopsy

Hawk269

Dark FaZe said:
I don't even count Thursday. If I can just get through tomorrow and Wednesday I'm ready to go.

I'll probably stay up all Wednesday night and morning and sleep until launch...its as close as I can get to freezing myself.

Why do I get a feeling that if freezing yourself was a valid option that you would of done it??? :lol :lol :lol

Hawk269 said:
Why do I get a feeling that if freezing yourself was a valid option that you would of done it??? :lol :lol :lol

People are freezing themselves to instantly wake up and play gears? I was thinking about a coma but this is much more interesting :)

minx

Not sure if this has been posted yet but tonight i saw the "last day" trailer on t.v as a 360 ad. I wasn't really paying attention but I think they might have split it up into a 30 commercial. Of course they advertised the 360 starting at $199 at the end of the commercial.

Tieno

Se Gears of War 2 US version will likely be region free, but are the download codes for the map pack also region free?

Tieno said:
Se Gears of War 2 US version will likely be region free, but are the download codes for the map pack also region free?
Aren't download codes always region free? I downloaded so many extra stuff with my US account while using codes from pal games...

tiong_fi

gears2get.jpg

Yay :D

Sorry for the horrible image quality, my camera is broken.

Someone confirm that the Asian version is region free so I can order it already...

Just watched the Gametrailers review and my 360's repair status is now at stage 4: "Shipped to customer"

I might just buy it locally rather than waiting for the Asian version. The game looks like everything I could've hoped for, and I don't play online.

J2d

Horde is a letdown, I thought every level was gonna get harder and harder but it's mostly just 9, 10, 19, 20 and so on that pose a threat with every thing else feeling like filler =/

edit: And I don't really fancy the new look on the classic maps, hope there are some new maps with rain coming.

J2d said:
Horde is a letdown, I thought every level was gonna get harder and harder but it's mostly just 9, 10, 19, 20 and so on that pose a threat with every thing else feeling like filler =/

edit: And I don't really fancy the new look on the classic maps, hope there are some new maps with rain coming.[/QUOTE

What level you playing on??? the revamp of the maps looks great imho,

J2d

Just normal so far. I miss the rain on mansion and subway, made them stand out. Cannals make me think the textures havent loaded, would have been cool if they threw in a real snow storm instead of a couple of falling snowflakes.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Have sympathy for me...I cannot play this till Monday evening as my GF booked up a trip to Belgium on Thursday to go Christmas shopping and buy lots of chocolate to give away as gifts to family and friends.

Not happy...

F#A#Oo said:
Have sympathy for me...I cannot play this till Monday evening as my GF booked up a trip to Belgium on Thursday to go Christmas shopping and buy lots of chocolate to give away as gifts to family and friends.

Not happy...

We all come to a point in a relationship where you have to make a choice. Your choice is clear, but will you be like Marcus and make the right choice? Looking forward to playing online with you this weekend.

Aladuf

Banned
sionyboy said:
I understand the game has bots, will these be available both online and offline?
They're definitely available offline but I'm not sure if they're available online. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that you can't fill a match with half bots and half real people over Live.

Top Bottom