• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf said:
They're definitely available offline but I'm not sure if they're available online. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that you can't fill a match with half bots and half real people over Live.
It would be cool if players who drop get replaced by bots and new players can join matches seamlessly for constant 5v5 if desired.

p3tran

Banned
Aladuf said:
They're definitely available offline but I'm not sure if they're available online. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that you can't fill a match with half bots and half real people over Live.

they are available online, and somehow dynamic.
ex. the host can set 1 bot on insane level if lets say there are 7 people in the lobby, so that teams are kind of even,
and the moment another person drops in, the bot vanishes leaving its place to the player.

Aladuf

Banned
p3tran said:
ex. the host can set 1 bot on insane level if lets say there are 7 people in the lobby, so that teams are kind of even,
and the moment another person drops in, the bot vanishes leaving its place to the player.
Oh shit, I had no idea. So awesome. :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
p3tran said:

Finally, Gears finally implements the feature that UT has enjoyed for, oh I don't know, a decade :D

p3tran said:
My dream becomes a reality in mere seconds.

p3tran

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Finally, Gears finally implements the feature that UT has enjoyed for, oh I don't know, a decade :D

yeah, but since I've played both games, there is really no match whatever for gears2.

there wouldnt be, even if the bot thing was totally absent ;)

all guys waiting for release, you are in for a nice treat.

what MY problem is, is that again for us in Greece I predict that we will have problems with all kinds of dlc.
and that sucks bigtime!

Dirtbag

J2d said:
Just normal so far. I miss the rain on mansion and subway, made them stand out. Cannals make me think the textures havent loaded, would have been cool if they threw in a real snow storm instead of a couple of falling snowflakes.

I've been saying this for a while now... I kind of expect the same impressions when I get my hands on the game.

F#A#Oo

Banned
bigGIRLSblouse said:
We all come to a point in a relationship where you have to make a choice. Your choice is clear, but will you be like Marcus and make the right choice? Looking forward to playing online with you this weekend.

She wears the trousers...thus I will be making the right choice...Belgium chocolates and the use of my credit card by her a'hoy.

Tieno

_dementia said:
Why didn't Halo ever incorporate bots? It isn't like the the AI is horrible.
It requires different AI in Mp than in campaign and AI in MP Halo also has to drive, fly and shit, let alone all those other modes. They rather focus on other stuff.

cybropm

Damn Gamestop screwed up my order! Pre-ordered it months ago and paid for release date delivery and now it's status is back ordered. :(

Sent them some angry emails canceling my order and now going through Amazon. Hopefully it will be here day one.

Look forward to seeing you all online. :D

cybropm said:
Damn Gamestop screwed up my order! Pre-ordered it months ago and paid for release date delivery and now it's status is back ordered. :(

Sent them some angry emails canceling my order and now going through Amazon. Hopefully it will be here day one.

Look forward to seeing you all online. :D
That sucks. I hope everything turns out okay.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Tieno said:
It requires different AI in Mp than in campaign and AI in MP Halo also has to drive, fly and shit, let alone all those other modes. They rather focus on other stuff.

I actually recall a dev talking about it. Apparently, having bots is way way more resource intensive than humans. So, I suspect that, because of Gears 1's crappy netcode, there just weren't enough resources left over to handle the bot AI. Now that the netcode is distributed more evenly, the game can support the feature. However, what I don't get, is that Gears comes from Epic, which has a very strong history of bullet proof netcode, and other UT games have supported bots from day 1.

ShinAmano

Out of the loop...I know Circuit City is giving the 1600 point card with Gears...what are the other offers and or best place to pick up the game? Pre-order or no...

FrankT

nelsonroyale said:
I agree its definitely one of them....but have they played warhead..seriously? Gears 2 looks fantastic, but its a pretty linear game...in Crysis everything looks great and you can explore those distant mountains.

Doesn't really matter that much though...it looks bloody great

I took it more as the best looking console game ever to date. Now if my presumptions are wrong then yea that would be even more so a bold statement as Gamespy says.

RSTEIN said:
I actually recall a dev talking about it. Apparently, having bots is way way more resource intensive than humans. So, I suspect that, because of Gears 1's crappy netcode, there just weren't enough resources left over to handle the bot AI. Now that the netcode is distributed more evenly, the game can support the feature. However, what I don't get, is that Gears comes from Epic, which has a very strong history of bullet proof netcode, and other UT games have supported bots from day 1.
Well, multi in Gears 1 was kind of an afterthought.

WrikaWrek

Banned
That part in the GT review,
when the monster pops his head out of the water
will look like CGi on your HD set, play at night.

Can't wait to get my copy and see what else Epic has in storE!!!!

ShinAmano said:
Out of the loop...I know Circuit City is giving the 1600 point card with Gears...what are the other offers and or best place to pick up the game? Pre-order or no...

I think this is the best deal out there. Actually makes me think twice about my pre order .. may just pick it up there.

unomas

Banned
bigGIRLSblouse said:
I think this is the best deal out there. Actually makes me think twice about my pre order .. may just pick it up there.

Damn, nearest Circuity City to me is 25 minutes away, but it still might be worth it for the points card. It's a $20 value right?

unomas

Banned
_dementia said:
Only if you were already planning to directly invest $20 into XBL marketplace content.

I'd definitely use the points sometime, either an arcade game or movies. If you order online is it guaranteed to be delivered on 11/7 without extra shipping charges?

ShinAmano

_dementia said:
Only if you were already planning to directly invest $20 into XBL marketplace content.
Super Turbo HD is supposed to hit this month :)

Is there any content diffrences between pre order and not or regular vs limited?

soldat7

F#A#Oo said:
Have sympathy for me...I cannot play this till Monday evening as my GF booked up a trip to Belgium on Thursday to go Christmas shopping and buy lots of chocolate to give away as gifts to family and friends.

Not happy...

Man, I could sure use a trip to Belgium....but alas, I'll have to settle for Gears... ;)

ShinAmano said:

I think this is only offered through the mail (you have to call them on the phone). Shipping kills this deal for me (not offered in stores according to my local CCs).

Wizman23

Banned
J-Rzez said:
You've been Killzoned?

I'm just gameflying this. The first one ended fast (outside on the train looked great), and it's MP was shallow. Thus I'm not putting much faith into this. Also, I think a lot has to do that it doesn't have that zomg-graphical edge anymore. Along with what looks like more of the same sluggish gameplay. We'll see if they fixed it up. Co-op was a good time though.

Nice troll post considering you have posted about 3,000 times in all the KZ2 threads. None of us 360 owners give a fuck about a sony game that is coming out 5 months from now.

My faith is with EPIC who has a track record of releasing GREAT games including Gears 1 then Guerilla who has released nothing even in the same ballpark as Epic.

unomas

Banned
soldat7 said:
Man, I could sure use a trip to Belgium....but alas, I'll have to settle for Gears... ;)

I think this is only offered through the mail (you have to call them on the phone). Shipping kills this deal for me (not offered in stores according to my local CCs).

Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna call to see about the shipping.

ShinAmano

soldat7 said:
Your local CC is wrong...it is in the ad that you get the free points card...you can check as well at their website.

unomas

Banned
Just ordered from Circuit City online. $62.50 with tax and the free points card, and they said the game wouldn't arrive until 2-3 business days after launch day, but I'll just buy the game from somewhere else this Friday keep my receipt and return the sealed Circuit City game to them when it comes in next week and I still get the free points card!

ShinAmano

unomas said:
Just ordered from Circuit City online. $62.50 with tax and the free points card, and they said the game wouldn't arrive until 2-3 business days after launch day, but I'll just buy the game from somewhere else this Friday keep my receipt and return the sealed Circuit City game to them when it comes in next week and I still get the free points card!
They will make you return the points card most likely.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Aladuf said:

Dammit, now I have to get this game.

unomas

Banned
ShinAmano said:
They will make you return the points card most likely.

No no, I'll buy the game this Friday from wherever (Gamestop etc.) and when my sealed Circuit City game comes in I'll take that copy to Gamestop next week and return it for a refund. That way I can play the game this Friday but still get the points card from Circuit City. The best of both worlds, I've done it before.

ShinAmano

unomas said:
No no, I'll buy the game this Friday from wherever (Gamestop etc.) and when my sealed Circuit City game comes in I'll take that copy to Gamestop next week and return it for a refund. That way I can play the game this Friday but still get the points card from Circuit City. The best of both worlds, I've done it before.
OIC...good call ;)

Treo360

WrikaWrek said:
That part in the GT review,
when the monster pops his head out of the water
will look like CGi on your HD set, play at night.

Can't wait to get my copy and see what else Epic has in storE!!!!

yes that's a good scene, as is then ending (and several others) , but let's not get too carried away there!:lol

Wizman23 said:
Nice troll post considering you have posted about 3,000 times in all the KZ2 threads. None of us 360 owners give a fuck about a sony game that is coming out 5 months from now.

My faith is with EPIC who has a track record of releasing GREAT games including Gears 1 then Guerilla how has released nothing even in the same ballpark as Epic.

Well written.

mittelos

Wizman23 said:

My faith is with EPIC who has a track record of releasing GREAT games including Gears 1 then Guerilla how has released nothing even in the same ballpark as Epic.
Well said. There are some folks here who apparenly bought the "opposing" console just so they can troll in "good faith". Pathetic.

Xyphie said:
Does anyone know if the code for the classic map pack will work on my PAL account if I import the game from NA?
It should. Most DLC works without region locks. I have redeemed so many PAL codes / downloaded so many DLC on my US account, and every single one worked with my PAL games. (Fable II le bonus, Ninja Gaiden II preorder costumes, Mass Effect DLC, IU preorder bonus etc.)

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Dirtbag said:
I wonder if any of the mom and pops around LA are selling it yet... Might be worth a few phonecalls.

My guy who is supposedly getting it today is in the valley.

I know of a few places in LA who have said they'd start selling it, and they're likely to start getting it today.

Dirtbag

DKo5 said:
My guy who is supposedly getting it today is in the valley.

I know of a few places in LA who have said they'd start selling it, and they're likely to start getting it today.

pm please

Top Bottom