• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hypertrooper said:
First:
I don't have a Priated Copy
23sezyg.jpg

Second:
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
The Game is fucking Amazing!
Since Halo 3 the Best game i played!
Yes I Played Little Big Planet Beta or Resistance 2.
But GoW2 so fucking amazing!
I will give GoW2 the Title: Best Game for the Xbox 360. Yes Really. People over 17 must buy this Game(When they have Xbox 360)
The Soundtrack is amazing, too. I like transformers and i like the OST, too.
So i was really happy, that Steve made the Soundtrack.
So guys. Enjoy this game.

P.s. i have a code for the Golden Hammerbrust, too :) But i cant download this and sorry for my english

Wait a sec - where'd you get that Marcus gamerpic? I've never seen it before - did it come with the LE game/unlockable within the game?

Blueblur1 said:
I'm just like you. :D

*high-fives*

dork said:
I have my gold hammerburst code but no game :(

You and me both - but if all goes well, that might change for me tomorrow!

And seriously, doesn't anyone at 7-11 read? So far, everyone that I have read that went to one got the game - and there's that sticker on the top edge saying that it shouldn't be sold till Friday...

Why it's not bright orange anymore I don't know... :lol

FrankT

When in doubt, 7-11. Still haven't recieved my call from Ashley yet. Tonight if I had to guess or perhaps tomorrow.

Dirtbag

Ok, just got to my first extremely frustrating, broken moment of the campaign... such a shame as it starts off so damn cool to.

So the Centaur tank scene while inside the mountain... make this jump / power goes out. Corpsers surround the tank, and there is this 30 seconds sequence of darkness an bullshit before you get 1 second to react, or die. Totally fucked, horrible execution... of such a memorable moment. What would have been one of those awesome take-aways, you're left with a terribly frustrating scene. Still haven't figured which one to shoot first.. this is bullshit

p3tran

Banned
Captain Blood said:
For those of you that have the game, what do you think of the living flag varient? This gametype I don't think I am sold on. I think it might just be more annoying than interesting gameplay.

if it is the one with the human that you have to take as hostage back to a weapon spawn place,
its exhausting!

the human kicks ass, if you go easy or have a fight with someone from the opposing team while you are near him, he will kill you.

the place to take the hostage I think is visible only to the guy who carries him, so that adds up to interesting gameplay.

I think its not possible to like this mode in a random game with random players, but if you've got some mates and have a team, I bet you will have great time.

zewone

Is the Flashback Map Pack working for any of you? I tried the code two days ago and it wasn't up yet, I'm wondering if that's the case now.

Aladuf

Banned
So many success stories for people who have tried at 7/11's.. I went to 7 more 7/11's today (we have a ton of them near me) and every one of them either didn't have them yet or couldn't sell them yet. This wait is killing me.

Wizman23

Banned
Dirtbag said:
Ok, just got to my first extremely frustrating, broken moment of the campaign... such a shame as it starts off so damn cool to.

So the Centaur tank scene while inside the mountain... make this jump / power goes out. Corpsers surround the tank, and there is this 30 seconds sequence of darkness an bullshit before you get 1 second to react, or die. Totally fucked, horrible execution... of such a memorable moment. What would have been one of those awesome take-aways, you're left with a terribly frustrating scene. Still haven't figured which one to shoot first.. this is bullshit

Any driving part of the game Ive already written off so nothing surprising here. As long as the meat and potatoes (the shooting encounters on foot) are awesome that is all I care about.

Aladuf said:
So many success stories for people who have tried at 7/11's.. I went to 7 more 7/11's today (we have a ton of them near me) and every one of them either didn't have them yet or couldn't sell them yet. This wait is killing me.
Its close man, I'm just going to do the midnight thing.

cresto

zewone said:
Is the Flashback Map Pack working for any of you? I tried the code two days ago and it wasn't up yet, I'm wondering if that's the case now.
I've seen vids of people playing on them. i would give it another shot, hopefully you're codes are valid.

zewone

Dirtbag said:

That part is really simple...

Only shoot the one who's arms are up and not covering it's face. They only raise their arms one at a time and it takes one shot to kill.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
_dementia said:

I'm super tempted to go after some of my 7-11s today and buy a copy, but I don't want to end up spending $140 dollars on one game since I already have the LE paid off at GameStop. :/

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
I know it, I'll be there tomorrow night at midnight. That's why I'm all excited to think that I'll finally get to play it "tomorrow" night.

It's hard to believe that tomorrow night, most of us will finally it. But all these success stories are making the wait fucking unbearable.

WrikaWrek

Banned
zewone said:
That part is really simple...

Only shoot the one who's arms are up and not covering it's face. They only raise their arms one at a time and it takes one shot to kill.

You would think that was obvious. But it's clear that it's the game's shitty design fault. :lol

you guys that are just recieving your copys,,, you got one hell of a ride infront of you!!
wish I could enjoy that all over again.

Gears 2 is one awesome game

Aladuf

Banned
To the couple of you who have received your Hammerburst codes, how did you get them? Not that it really matters since nothing can be done with the codes yet I'd imagine but I'm just curious.

Dirtbag

WrikaWrek said:
You would think that was obvious. But it's clear that it's the game's shitty design fault. :lol

well there is a visual cue from the corpser on the far left and the timing of your demise is in sync with his movements, only its actually the corpser on the far right that snakes you. I'm also playing on hardcore, so there may be different timing on the other difficulties.

robertsan21 said:
you guys that are just recieving your copys,,, you got one hell of a ride infront of you!!
wish I could enjoy that all over again.

Gears 2 is one awesome game
Seriously, there are parts of the game that feel like you are riding something like straight out of Disney land, only like a Disney land dreamed up in hell.

Some really well orchestrated action pacing.

zewone

Dirtbag said:
I'm also playing on hardcore, so there may be different timing on the other difficulties.
I've beat the game twice. Once on hardcore, than on insane. Timings were the same for me. I actually had an easier time on that part during insane since I knew what to expect.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Pai Pai Master said:
Bagh the stupid Target I work at put the LE out on the shelves yesterday. Hopefully they pulled them because if they don't have any when I get paid on Friday I'll be pissed.

You live in Atlanta right dude? What target and where? And the game is for sale already?

ha! I'm in milwaukee too and just saw no 7-11's here.

I remember about 4 years ago around now trying to find one to buy Halo 2 early! :lol Those were the days...

I love bees..

Man seeing yall getting it early makes me so frustrated. Im free till friday, but then I have work all day and then all weekend. I won't be able to touch it till Sunday night =(

AirBrian

For those who have the game...can you have multiple saves? For example, one save for single-player and a second save for co-op?

(Sorry if this has been asked already, but I did a search and didn't find anything.)

bumpkin

For those who have it and have given the campaign a whirl playing co-op, how exactly does the different difficulty thing work? I keep trying to tell the wife she should play it with me when I get it, but she's not very good at shooters and doesn't want to. Her excuse is something like "I'll get blown away in like ten seconds because you play it on the hardest difficulty settings." :lol

Top Bottom