• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

First:
I don't have a Priated Copy
23sezyg.jpg

Second:
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
The Game is fucking Amazing!
Since Halo 3 the Best game i played!
Yes I Played Little Big Planet Beta or Resistance 2.
But GoW2 so fucking amazing!
I will give GoW2 the Title: Best Game for the Xbox 360. Yes Really. People over 17 must buy this Game(When they have Xbox 360)
The Soundtrack is amazing, too. I like transformers and i like the OST, too.
So i was really happy, that Steve made the Soundtrack.
So guys. Enjoy this game.

P.s. i have a code for the Golden Hammerbrust, too :) But i cant download this and sorry for my english

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Just had two copy's of Gears of War 2 shipped to me, I forgot I had it orderd on another site, lucky the website I orded a copy from have retail shops I can return the game to for a refund.

Teknoman

Hellraizer said:
The main concern for some people was probably the fact that Riepl isn't doing the OST for Gears 2.

Hope the music ends up being just as good in that case. Gears 1 actually had a pretty nice action packed soundtrack.

Chinner

Banned
Monkeylord said:
Yeah, and it's been listed as "packing" all fucking day now - this doesn't bode well for me getting it by Friday :(
Just to follow up on this post: Check your play orders! Mine has be sent!

El Six

Banned
Horde is crazy played last night with some guys and we made it to level 37 it feels like it get easy but then sometimes it ridiculous how many enemy's come at you. Definitely a fun mode to play with friends. :D

The End

I hope Circuit City doesn't go out of business before saturday, the 1600 point card with Gears 2 is a great deal

Also, are the gears 1 skin unlocks tied to saves or achievements?

MattyH

yea my LE from play.com has been posted today as well
heres hopeing it hits my doormat friday with smackdown

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wooooooo - got me a Golden Hammerburst code today! :D

So I'll be making sure that you see me coming with my HB!

The game is so close now that I can almost taste it!

FinKL

GAF Success Story # 234123412

So today, I headed to school early and decided to grab Mickey D's for breakfast.

Well right across the street is a 7-11 and I've read about them carrying it but didn't want to walk in and out rejected. So I drive right pass the 7-11 then I noticed that they painted their window's Christmas Colors and on their windows, it read:

" BUY YOUR NEW GAMES HERE FOR CHRISTMAS! FALLOUT 3 MADDEN 2008"
And i'm like what about Gears of War 2

"GEARS OF WAR 2 HERE NOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

BINGO!!! Park, walk in, Gears of War 2 Please "What color is it?"
I say "The Green One..." Hands me the copy w/ the Sticker Do Not Sell until 11/7 So I can see it"

I guess she didn't see it and preceded to ring me up. Also the manager comes by and asks me how do I know they have it.
"It's painted on the window"
The manager says "I knew it was a good idea! The cashier painted it yesterday!"
n575711098_1153757_583.jpg

This was across the McD @ UNLV on Maryland 2 more visible copies left.
I have a project due tomorrow.

Frester

FinKL said:
This was across the McD @ UNLV on Maryland 2 more visible copies left.
I have a project due tomorrow.

I go to St. Mary's and I'm not sure if I should go scouting the 7-11's down here (or drive up your way), I have a LE reserved at GameStop but the wait is killing me :(

Blueblur1

I went to one of my local CCity stores in Miami and got some confirmation. I was afraid that the limited/special/whatever-you-call-it edition wouldn't be eligible for the points card because in the CC paper ad the offer is displayed right next to the regular copy of Gears 2.

Well, they confirmed that you get the card if you buy the limited/special/what-I'm-doing-this-again version. Better yet, no pre-orders are required. You can just walk in Friday and buy the game then. I'll be doing just that.

Skilotonn said:
Wooooooo - got me a Golden Hammerburst code today! :D

So I'll be making sure that you see me coming with my HB!

The game is so close now that I can almost taste it!
Wait, what? How??

zaidr

Blueblur1 said:
I went to one of my local CCity stores in Miami and got some confirmation. I was afraid that the limited/special/whatever-you-call-it edition wouldn't be eligible for the points card because in the CC paper ad the offer is displayed right next to the regular copy of Gears 2.

Well, they confirmed that you get the card if you buy the limited/special/what-I'm-doing-this-again version. Better yet, no pre-orders are required. You can just walk in Friday and buy the game then. I'll be doing just that.

Wait, what? How??

Any info on if this offer applies to The Source (by Circuit City), and its games? In Canada, Radio Shack's been bought out by Circuit City, and I don't really know if they carry games or not. Anyone know?

Also, just appealing to the Canadians here, but any deals that ARE offered here in Canada I should be looking out for. I know its kind of late, but its still worth a try...

Blueblur1

Called GameStop and I see myself buying two copies of Gears 2. :p

I'll return one or re-sell it.

Zaidr: I have no idea. I'd try calling them.

J2d

zewone said:
The music is way better in Gears 2.
It's solid no doubt but I didn't hear anything that's in the same class as the Train wreck -Locust theme.
Darkone said:
People who have the game allready, can you play On live with it now? since the offical release is on the 7th
Yes.

zaidr

Blueblur1 said:
Called GameStop and I see myself buying two copies of Gears 2. :p

I'll return one or re-sell it.

Zaidr: I have no idea. I'd try calling them.

Thanks. I think I'll do a little digging around in the CAG forums.
Are you calling up The Source? I have one pretty close to me, I think I might drop by today. I'll wait or your confirmation though...

Oh, why two copies?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Blueblur1 said:

Wait, what? How??

Places in Europe got them in today by email - I guess they're giving them out whenever they plan to sell the game since some places in Europe won't have midnight releases...

I'm really happy to get it, regardless of how much I use it since I know neither the Golden HB or Lancer will be unlockable in the game otherwise... and whenever I have an obsession with a game, I HAVE to have the best version of it and whatever extras are out there for it...

Strangely enough, Play.co.uk doesn't have them, and I was tempted months ago to order from them again after their excellent service with Ninja Gaiden II plus the early DLC costume for free, but I held out in case local stores sold early...

For those of you that have the game, what do you think of the living flag varient? This gametype I don't think I am sold on. I think it might just be more annoying than interesting gameplay.

Dirtbag

Hellraizer said:
Even better? The first one was already one of my favorite soundtracks of all time.

I totally disagree. It's a much more understated and complimentary soundtrack then Gears1.
It does a better job of setting the mood or building tensions, but it is not as standout to me.

Of course, I've only played about of a third of the way through the game so far... so who's to say it doesn't improve to my liking.

Blueblur1

zaidr said:
Thanks. I think I'll do a little digging around in the CAG forums.
Are you calling up The Source? I have one pretty close to me, I think I might drop by today. I'll wait or your confirmation though...

Oh, why two copies?
I meant that I'd try calling them if I were you. Sorry about my wording.

As for two copies, I could only pre-order the standard edition from GameStop and I want the LE stuff.

Skilotonn said:
I'm really happy to get it, regardless of how much I use it since I know neither the Golden HB or Lancer will be unlockable in the game otherwise... and whenever I have an obsession with a game, I HAVE to have the best version of it and whatever extras are out there for it...
I'm just like you. :D

zaidr

Well, Toys R Us is offering a $15 gift card for every Gears 2 purchase. So...how much is a 1600points card? $15 bucks?

DeadGzuz

Banned
zaidr said:
Well, Toys R Us is offering a $15 gift card for every Gears 2 purchase. So...how much is a 1600points card? $15 bucks?

Three years after launch and the points system is still confusing people. Way to go MS.

zaidr

Just confirmed, the Circuit City deal is only in the States. :(

Just called a nearby Toys R Us, and they're saying that they don't know of a $15 Gift Card deal from them, but they may have it when you come in...wtf? Does that make sense to anyone?

Wizman23

Banned
Dirtbag said:
I totally disagree. It's a much more understated and complimentary soundtrack then Gears1.
It does a better job of setting the mood or building tensions, but it is not as standout to me.

Of course, I've only played about of a third of the way through the game so far... so who's to say it doesn't improve to my liking.

How is the campaign so far without spoiling anything?

The sound effects (guns especially) sound 10,000 times better then the first from the few vids I have watched.

Kydd BlaZe

Absolutely hated the soundtrack in the original Gears. I juist didn't think the orchestrated music fit the mood of the game. Thought it was pretty terrible to be honest.

DarkJC

Kydd BlaZe said:
Absolutely hated the soundtrack in the original Gears. I juist didn't think the orchestrated music fit the mood of the game. Thought it was pretty terrible to be honest.

I thought it was OK at some parts but I found it got repetitive fast.

Doodis

Kydd BlaZe said:
Needz moar deth metulz!

Dahbomb

Tomcat said:
Only on casual/normal
AI partners revive you on Hardcore when you are playing co-op. I should've made that clear before. :D

It's pretty good thus far. It has the solid pacing of the first game, the great visuals and some neat surprises in store. So far I have encountered one chapter that I could've done without but other than that one chapter the rest of the game has been stellar. There is also a form of stat tracking for the campaign, I am thinking it's for achievements (like there is something called "Variety is the Spice of Life" which tracks different types of kills).

Dirtbag

Wizman23 said:

The sound effects (guns especially) sound 10,000 times better then the first from the few vids I have watched.

Campaign is pretty damn awesome.. and yes the sound design is top notch, even a step above Gears1. So far the only part in the campaign I haven't liked is the derrick ride through the woods level (the on rails part that was first shown). The campaign has tons of variety so far.... some really neat twists to the play mechanic, and some of the blur effects are really topnotch... what those blur effects are used for? Well you'll have to wait and see (and I'm pretty confident you'd have an near impossible time guessing).

Some of the achievement names are downright hilarious.

Bagh the stupid Target I work at put the LE out on the shelves yesterday. Hopefully they pulled them because if they don't have any when I get paid on Friday I'll be pissed.

Top Bottom