• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistik

So the leaked maps and skins aren't part of the DLC for December huh? Probably coming out until 2012...

This game needs a bigger population! Maybe they should have a weekend playlist that's not just weapon swaps..

LosDaddie

Banned
I'd love to take part in some Horde this weekend! I haven't had the chance to play any of the new content.

Message me if I'm on, LosDaddie!

Do you mean the map pack that's already out?

But yeah, I'm thinking of trying to get a Insane Horde going soon. Maybe on Wedn and Friday. I have family coming in town, so Sat. is out for me.

MjFrancis

Random Q: did people who enjoyed Gears 3 like Bulletstorm as well? Thinking about picking that up at some point. IIRC it unlocks a weapon skin in Gears 3 as well.
I thought Bulletstorm was fairly awesome. It had a concise action-packed campaign that doesn't wear it's welcome, and prepared players for the meat of the experience, score attack mode. The campaign's accessibility on the Hard difficulty level is a testament to that! Bulletstorm wasn't about survival, but outright dominance and mastery of the scoring system. You weren't supposed to headshot your way through the game, you were supposed to come up with the most creative ways of killing your enemies for the highest score. You kicked a guy in the balls and took a humiliating headshot while he was on the ground. You shot someone in the face until they cowered and then you ripped the armor off his pants with your whip and fired a rocket up his ass. That's how the game was designed to be played.

I didn't think it was a worthwhile proposition to add any MP; the included Horde mode wasn't very good, for one. Anything more than that would be poorly implemented, rarely played and quite superfluous.

I didn't mind the crude, juvenile humor, either. It played like a 13 year old's vision of an 80's action movie.

What the hell would possess someone to write that?

Yeah, like you wouldn't fuck the regular grenadier, _dementia

89010_T_CharPortraits_LOC_hunter_normal.png

What a beast of a man. No wonder Ballistik picks him all the time.

Ballistik

Yeah I'll stick with the regular grenadier, just as I always have.

No whining queen or any of the locusts with abnormally large hit boxes for me.

Montresor

Is that the chapter where you just reload the last checkpoint and you basically climb the hill and repeat?

I'm at level 35, how long would it take to get to 50 you think?

First question: you're correct. Second question: I don't know exactly how long it would take.

Anyway, remember that ribbons, difficulty and mutators affect the experience you earn. So if you play on a harder difficulty and do really well (i.e. you don't die) in just that one session of 2-2, then when you keep reloading the last checkpoint and run up the hill your experience earned will be higher.

2th

Banned
Yeah I'll stick with the regular grenadier, just as I always have.

No whining queen or any of the locusts with abnormally large hit boxes for me.

i prefer my ultra rare Savage Grenadier Elite

also a new wave of leaked footage came out showing a new map and some new locust MP characters. I do not get how there have been so many leaks for this game. it is crazy.

i prefer my ultra rare Savage Grenadier Elite

also a new wave of leaked footage came out showing a new map and some new locust MP characters. I do not get how there have been so many leaks for this game. it is crazy.

More leaks than a Capcom fighter, lol.

2th

Banned
cause its all on the disc lololololol
just kidding. or is it?

Also, where are the vidz of said leakz?
working ones.

nah, if the stuff for Raam's shadow was on the disc we would have seen it before now. and i wont post links out of respect for the people i do know at Epic. I will say there is stuff all over youtube, as always, if you know how to look.

Maddog

We're going to be tackling Chapter 5 of Act 4 and as much of Act 5 on Insane tonight at 9PM EST if anyone wants to join us. GT: Mad Haxor.

Impossible mission details:

http://www.examiner.com/console-gam...-mission-impossible-for-an-impossible-mission

The Gears of War 3 Versus Booster Map Pack hits the Xbox 360 on Thanksgiving Day for free. Not only will players be getting five free maps but also a challenge from Paramount Pictures and the upcoming Tom Cruise movie, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

Complete Gears of War 3 on Insane Difficulty by December 25, 2011 either in single or multiplayer mode and unlock exclusive Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Weapon Skin Pack. This pack comes with weapon skins for the Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Gnasher and Sawed-off Shotgun. Those that have already completed the game on Insane will automatically receive the pack on December 31.

Also, Xbox LIVE users can head to the Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol experience and enter a contest to win an ultimate home theater package include a custom Mission Impossible Xbox 360 with Kinect, 5-" HDTV, 5.1 digital HD home theater system, and the complete Mission: Impossible DVD series.

Total fucking bummer. Assuming this means mutators are usable. I've already cleared it on Insane with mutators and friends, so this promotion is really lost on me.

Could have been much cooler....oh well, looking forward to the new DLC anyways.

2th

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom