• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Willeth hooked me up a couple of weeks ago, I felt like I should help someone else out. I got my hands on an extra Com Dom code today and someone can have it just PM me. Please don't clutter the thread. Oh I also have a Griffin code if someone doesn't have a facebook account and would like it.

EDIT: Com Dom gone

The new locust faces look weird.
Yeah a little, but at least we're getting new Locusts. Where's my boy Cyclops though? :(((

Impossible Mission is, apparently, another US only promotion. How surprising... not. In any case, I've already seen what the skin looks like (as has everyone else I assume) and it's dull, dull, dull. No big loss.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
2 more maps on disc: Academy and Artillery

Again, all these new stuff can't on disc - if they were, they would have been shown with the rest of the stuff in the beginning. This guy seems to be getting them from Partnernet or some other way, or else that would be a perfect coincidence that things get leaked whenever a DLC period gets close. Plus he never actually showed the new maps beyond their menu pics, because they probably aren't even done yet.

Read the Impossible Mission details yesterday and although I was disappointed, at least I don't have to do a thing, since that was handled in the second week, with no mutators even.

The new Locust characters looks sick - man, I've always loved Gears' art, have gotten the art books for Gears 1 & 2 (why wasn't there one for Gears 3?), and the art change in this one is incredible, namely the character & armor/clothing design - whoever made the change deserves a raise. Especially the guy who designed the Savage Grenadier Elite, my favorite Gears character.

And when this is all said and done, and they keep adding so many characters per DLC pack, we're probably gonna be looking at 75-80 characters, which is an insane improvement over the handfuls in Gears 1 & 2 - nice!

Since Willeth hooked me up a couple of weeks ago, I felt like I should help someone else out. I got my hands on an extra Com Dom code today and someone can have it just PM me. Please don't clutter the thread. Oh I also have a Griffin code if someone doesn't have a facebook account and would like it.

EDIT: Com Dom gone

Can I has Griffin code, please?

USD

Just got Gears in the mail, started playing last night. So good. The Hammerburst is just as good as it was in the beta.

Still haven't tried the single player yet, maybe I'll get into that later.

LosDaddie

Banned
Gears-GAF: Let's do some Horde Mode tonight. Insane difficulty with mutators. And I'm talking about doing Waves 1-50, however long it takes.

I'm thinking around 10pm EST I should be free. (Have to do some family stuff first) I have the Super Reload and Instagib Melee mutators.

Let me know if you want to join. I hope we can get a group of 5 GAFers together. I'll check back here about 20min before I get on XBL.

GT: LosDaddie

BrokenBox

Is there anyone still needing a person for a four-player Insane run? If not, anyone want to start a new group? Probably won't be playing until Sunday due to visiting family.

GT: ColdSystem

Is there anyone still needing a person for a four-player Insane run? If not, anyone want to start a new group? Probably won't be playing until Sunday due to visiting family.

GT: ColdSystem

I still need to complete my Insane campaign run. I think i got up to Act 2 - Trench Run. I wouldn't mind redoing the entire thing if you still need it.

Anyone know if we can get Impossible Mission skin through Arcade? I mean the chapter select pages still display the Insane icons.

update:
@HammerOfWynn Chris Wynn
Confirmed the requirement. Complete each chapter on insane (solo, co-op, arcade, doesn't matter) and you will earn the skin.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
There isn't anything like the rush of being the last man out and your whole team is watching you go one on one with the last guy on their team and you come out on top - oh what a rush.

And then there's five new maps to hit Versus coming in like 12 hours from now, along with new Campaign DLC - shit yeah. I gotta force myself to be productive tomorrow because of the whole lotta nothing I did today, it's gonna be hard, but I have to.

There was, but it was exclusive to the Epic Edition.

Ah yeah, forgot about that - but it was a small book wasn't it? The Gears 1 & 2 artbooks were full-sized and hardcovered...

Just got Gears in the mail, started playing last night. So good. The Hammerburst is just as good as it was in the beta.

Still haven't tried the single player yet, maybe I'll get into that later.

Man, you hook us up with the Japanese Capcom tournament news and translations AND you're a Hammerburst fan? It's like there's nothing about you to dislike.

LosDaddie

Banned
Gears-GAF: Let's do some Horde Mode tonight. Insane difficulty with mutators. And I'm talking about doing Waves 1-50, however long it takes.

I'm thinking around 10pm EST I should be free. (Have to do some family stuff first) I have the Super Reload and Instagib Melee mutators.

Let me know if you want to join. I hope we can get a group of 5 GAFers together. I'll check back here about 20min before I get on XBL.

GT: LosDaddie

Anybody?

I'm going to get on XBL in about 30min

2th

Banned
1 person besides me is playing the on the Gears GAF tag. Ya'll suck. And alpha sucks when your team doesn't talk.

DoomGyver

I haven't had much time to play the past couple of weeks, I'm going to try and play an hour a day this weekend. Looking forward to the new maps.

screencapture4p.png

RAAM you so big!

Addnan

Well I guess today I will put down Skyrim and return to Gears 3. Hoping they make a playlist for the new maps for a few days. Really don't want to play on any of the old maps at all.

or make the DLC maps come up a bit more than the others.

downloading the booster map pack now. go hit it up

EDIT: I went into add-ons->Gears3->newest. the DLC was there. no big advert for them on the dashboard yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom