• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Shout out to Quikie for the awesome Horde session.

We beat round 50 on normal with only 3 people playing. Had an amazing set up with tons of turrets locked in a corner. Fun times!

tuna_love

Banned
I've got a comfy couch setup so I can't use monitors anyway. Boltek was kinda hard to use at 30fps in the old games but in this it's much easier easier even with a pad.

have you had any luck in versus finding a match in anything other than social? think the game is dead here already

Dubz

What's the quit penalty in Core? Because it seems like everyone fucking quits. Whatever it is, it needs to be way more severe

Madness

Amazon Canada are so incompetent. Don't even have any knowledge of brothers to the end codes or zombie dom, future marcus etc. But then Coalition keeps saying to contact retailers, they don't control preorder. Maybe include the DLC cards in the cases again so we don't have these issues everytime.

Kordelle

I think this is what happens if you get joined in after the match has started. If you stay until the next match you'll be switched to your chosen skin. I agree it's annoying af though.
I forgot to say that this happens on ranked (Core) where ther is no join in progress and no possibility to game on without having to search gor a new match after its over.

vac

Neo Member
The zombie noises are annoying as fuck.

Also is it possible to turn off the medal banners in the lower right corner? Having an almost constant stream of 2 or 3 UI elements sliding in and out of the screen is really distracting and unnecessary.

Edit: off-topic, but is neogaf really slow for anybody else?

i never said the game is gonna be garbage, i said it won't be as good as people think, and i was right, but honestly i'm really glad that Gears 4 has surpassed my expectations. even though it didn't do much new, but it was still fun

i was never a fan of Multiplayer since Gears 1, it's just a shotguns game based on luck

never liked Horde, probably because there is a far much better co-op game exist, Cod Zombies

I don't think I've seen any one post be so wrong yet actually believes they're right. CoD Zombies better than Gears horde lol. Amazing obliviousness.

What's the quit penalty in Core? Because it seems like everyone fucking quits. Whatever it is, it needs to be way more severe

So this.... every game ive been in there are at least a few quitters, and the game doesn't replace them with new players. I had a TDM match where 3 players quit on my team during the first round. So I'm either forced to also take the penalty, or just lose really badly for 10 minutes. Plot twist - I had the highest score of the game, but me and my teammate still lost against the full team of 5.

They need to figure out something to mitigate the quitting going on in these matches.

The zombie noises are annoying as fuck.

Also is it possible to turn off the medal banners in the lower right corner? Having an almost constant stream of 2 or 3 UI elements sliding in and out of the screen is really distracting and unnecessary.

Edit: off-topic, but is neogaf really slow for anybody else?
Brains. Brains. BRAINS.

Looking for one for Horde, mic preferred. Not sure if we're willing to go all the way to 50, but we do intend to play for a couple hours. Two of us have been to 50 before.

send a message to superNESjoe.

Sooo should I save my credits for a price drop or d you all think that's wishful thinking?

You should save them

Most of the skins are awful anyway, wait for better ones to release. As a bonus maybe they put some reasonable prices on the cases or increase earnings

Sounds like a stretch. Didn't they just lower the cost vs pre-launch?

It's still shit though, especially since I didn't realize that Horde stuff needs to be purchased in it's own cases. So you basically have to choose whether you want to focus on customization or leveling up your Horde classes which is basically mandatory if you want to play on Insane. Hell, even on hardcore I don't think you'll be able to have much success without leveling up classes

I've only gone and bought the Ultimate Edition again lol after getting a refund. It seems I have some system issues and Gears is something good to test against as it was crashing for me before. Plus the game is great as well which is nice!

Now I only hope the damn store downloads it this time. I got a free £10 from MS I think too for something. Also, I wonder if I will get some more free card packs? :)

Moaradin

Just finished the campaign. It's really fun but man it ends abruptly. I thought we were headed towards the final mission and then bam it's over lol.

Jumeira

Banned
i never said the game is gonna be garbage, i said it won't be as good as people think, and i was right, but honestly i'm really glad that Gears 4 has surpassed my expectations. even though it didn't do much new, but it was still fun

i was never a fan of Multiplayer since Gears 1, it's just a shotguns game based on luck

never liked Horde, probably because there is a far much better co-op game exist, Cod Zombies

Like how you were right with below 80 metacritic. You doughnut.

Finished the Campaign earlier in Solo Hardcore. I thought it was really good. Some many portions of the Campaign looked fantastic visually. Can't wait to see where the Story heads in Gears 5.

Also, The Coalition is currently investigating a Gnasher bug. The bug causes the Gnasher to not fire despite showing the animation and sound, so it looks like the other player just eats a shot (though technically you didn't fire shot): https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...ng/fa691da5-1e44-48ca-8d6f-e3cb1ea6482e/posts

Hopefully this can get resolved quickly.

Velikost

Campaign on Insane in this game is fucking dick. The no down thing just makes it absolute butt. Reminds me of Halo 2 Legendary, except even less fun. Probably just gonna bump it down, cause I'm not even through Act 1 and I'm already getting tired of these awful characters.

JimiNutz

Banned
Classic Gears.
I absolutely LOVE it and absolutely HATE it at the same time.

Im so bad at the MP but I can't stop myself playing it. Despite my absolute rage and fury at the game 90% of the time, I keep on playing for those adrenaline pumping highs that no other game can give me.

Fuck, I wish I was good at this game...gonna keep on plugging away until I'm bald and/or grey.

Vico

Good god Horde is hard. For the second time, we went all the way up to 50 on normal pretty easily, but the last wave destroyed us. Stuff like Boomshot or Dropshot Scion are a nightmare. I hope we don't have to level up our classes too much time to start winning.

Iceman829

Anyone want to get some horde going? Probably not going to be anything too serious. I just want to level up some of my classes and relax for the night shooting some grubs

J_Viper

>leaving Horde on a Boss Wave
7nhd3Z5.png

Tried Horde on the Xbox One version. I had forgotten how awful Gears is in 30 fps. Never touching Horde or campaign on anything but PC from now on.

Take the fucking L and move on buddy.

Dubz

Let's get a Gears GAF party going for some Core modes. Send me an invite or FR....GT is dubz on3. Please have a mic.

I'm a mediocre player.

Xbox One.

Good god Horde is hard. For the second time, we went all the way up to 50 on normal pretty easily, but the last wave destroyed us. Stuff like Boomshot or Dropshot Scion are a nightmare. I hope we don't have to level up our classes too much time to start winning.
I finished 59 on normal earlier today. You really need at least 2 manned turrets and a few auto sentries in order to beat it easily. We did it with only 3 people.

Classic Gears.
I absolutely LOVE it and absolutely HATE it at the same time.

Im so bad at the MP but I can't stop myself playing it. Despite my absolute rage and fury at the game 90% of the time, I keep on playing for those adrenaline pumping highs that no other game can give me.

Fuck, I wish I was good at this game...gonna keep on plugging away until I'm bald and/or grey.

It's tough out there.

I think the new ranking system is actually doing its job. I'm always playing against good players, I'm not steamrolling anyone and I'm struggling to raise my K/D ratio.

I'm having to work really hard to get kills and players are smart.

Admittedly, I think things might be different if I wasn't a solo player but the point still stands - it's bloody hard. lol

My biggest issue is spawn swaps. I brought it up earlier and I know some don't agree, but I'm often caught with my pants down because I don't know they've switched.

There's plenty of flanking options in most maps too, so I never really feel safe (not that I should).

Speaking generally, most matches feel more open that the previous games. I'd like to see, in comparison to all the other games, how many maps have boom on them.

I don't know if I'm just playing with odd players but most people I'm playing with don't seem too bothered about a boom or dropshot on the map either. They'd rather go for the high ground and surrender the best power weapon.

The flow of the game feels a little alien to me.

GWX

Contacted support regarding the classic Gears codes. My code was from the Nvidia promotion, and according to him it's eligible to receive the Gears of War Collection codes. He did say it would take 7 to 10 business days after the game's release, but since tons of people already got theirs, I'm left wondering if that's true at all. I'll keep waiting, but I really wanted to try 2 and 3 out before advancing too much into 4's campaign :(

JimiNutz

Banned
It's tough out there.

I think the new ranking system is actually doing its job. I'm always playing against good players, I'm not steamrolling anyone and I'm struggling to raise my K/D ratio.

I'm having to work really hard to get kills and players are smart.

Admittedly, I think things might be different if I wasn't a solo player but the point still stands - it's bloody hard. lol

My biggest issue is spawn swaps. I brought it up earlier and I know some don't agree, but I'm often caught with my pants down because I don't know they've switched.

There's plenty of flanking options in most maps too, so I never really feel safe (not that I should).

Speaking generally, most matches feel more open that the previous games. I'd like to see, in comparison to all the other games, how many maps have boom on them.

I don't know if I'm just playing with odd players but most people I'm playing with don't seem too bothered about a boom or dropshot on the map either. They'd rather go for the high ground and surrender the best power weapon.

The flow of the game feels a little alien to me.

Personally I'm really struggling.
It's put me in Silver 2 for most modes and I'm getting absolutely demolished.

I've come to the realisation that I'm actually terrible at Gears. I'm not great at shooters but generally have a K/D above 1.0

Currently sitting at 0.88 for ranked and consistently bottom of the board... Hoping it drops me down to bronze where I belong soon because I'm not having fun constantly losing and letting my team down.

Top Bottom