• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

leng jai

Hey can somebody answer this real quick please. Xbox players can play with PC players? I have an Xbox one and my friend on PC wantS to buy it if he can play with me. Are they completely the same servers and everything?

It's Crossplay for Horde and Campaign co-op. Competitive multiplayer isn't though.

Is it because they're both just TPS? I feel like UC4 is way more about movement and it also has the perk/killstreak stuff with the crazy mystic items.

They both have tiny maps littered with cover boxes.

Aside from some modes taking over 5 minutes to search for a match (which I gave up on), I like that they mention the average length of a game. It's nice since some are around 5 minutes while another 45 minutes. It's nice to know what you are getting into.

Ducayne

I'm really surprised my friends list of 100 deep barely has anyone playing this. There's like 7 people max. I was sure this was going to sweep everyone into playing.

Nuke Soda

Got disconnected from Horde mode 2 times in a row just now. Hope it is a screw up on the game side and not my connection lol. Sucks either way.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I wish there was a higher tier than diamond. Even in Diamond, I still feel too far above everyone else I'm currently playing even without a team backing me up. If I'm dropping 20+ steadily even in a game mode like Dodgeball against people that are supposed to be my skill, I find that pretty goofy.

This guy. lol

You playing on PC or console?

EL CUCO

Are people getting their 360 BC codes from MS already? Still haven't seen mine...

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw in the XBL store that it takes up to a month for them.

z4chc3na

I want to love this game so much but the amount of lag and people leaving the game is really putting a damper on it for me. The lag isn't on my end but every game i've joined since launch has had a little lag at minimum.

J4g3r

I beat it last night, insane difficulty for my first playthrough.

Have to admit, that was one of the hardest games I have played in a LOOOOOOOONG time!
That Swarmak tore me apart...

Loved it.

SPOILERS: DON'T YOU DARE CLICK THESE IF YOU HAVEN'T BEAT THE GAME!

I was expecting either Baird or Cole to show up; glad it was both of them, made the game that much sweeter - That entire giant DeeBee section was amazing. Reminded me of the Metal Gear Rex section in MGS4, just done that much better.

As for the twist at the ending... God damn I want more!

They were creating another Locust queen and even honed in on (what was to assume) Myrrah's daughter? That's insane, I must know more.

Hope we get to go deeper with this story.

Did I mention I want more?

JimiNutz

Banned
I wish there was a higher tier than diamond. Even in Diamond, I still feel too far above everyone else I'm currently playing even without a team backing me up. If I'm dropping 20+ steadily even in a game mode like Dodgeball against people that are supposed to be my skill, I find that pretty goofy.

I'm amazed I haven't seen more about this but the ranking system is completely broken.

I have the complete opposite problem. I'm Silver 2 in most modes and can assure you that I am NOT Silver 2.

My win/loss is 0.3 and my K/D is 0.8. That's a sign of bad matchmaking in my opinion. I should definitely be in a Bronze league but it won't rank me down? MP just isn't fun for me anymore as I'm constantly getting stomped on the losing team.

How is this even possible? Even the random
missiles it shoots from its back
would kill me when in complete cover. I hope you took a video because I think that's a pretty rare thing to happen at all let alone on Hardcore.

I died two times during that fight. I found the game to be quite easy on hardcore because the AI will revive you all the time and they can't die.

nOoblet16

Hey can somebody answer this real quick please. Xbox players can play with PC players? I have an Xbox one and my friend on PC wantS to buy it if he can play with me. Are they completely the same servers and everything?
It's also cross play for private versus matches btw.
So if you can get private lobbies going then you can play with your friend who is on PC.

nOoblet16

Honestly I am quite surprised at how little interest people here have shown in playing private matches. This series to me is all about private matches....screw the credits and packs and ranks !! Those are not worth it if it is the reason you avoid private matches :p

Also join the Discord channel for LFG regarding versus, horde etc (quote for link)

Quote for invitation link

Just finished the campaign last evening, really enjoyed the playthrough. Awesome last mission imo. Looking forward to more Gears from Coalition!

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The gameplay in the first few acts is terrible, that's not a revelation.

"Terrible"?

I've played plenty of bad games before. Not one bit of Gears 4's campaign hits anything I would call terrible.

Honestly I am quite surprised at how little interest people here have shown in playing private matches. This series to me is all about private matches....screw the credits and packs and ranks !! Those are not worth it if it is the reason you avoid private matches :p

Also join the Discord channel for LFG regarding versus, horde etc (quote for link)

Quote for invitation link
I made a post earlier in the thread to see if anyone was interested in private matches, got no responses though

JimiNutz

Banned
Well if you got placed in Silver at first there most be some reason that you are in Silver. ;)

Yeah but the stats don't lie...
I'm getting absolutely annihilated in ranked. Also I notice that every game I'm in there are one or two people with 20+ kills while everyone else is struggling on like 8 kills.

That makes me think the matchmaking just isn't working as it should.

Also, not sure if coincidence but I'm always on the team that is getting absolutely stomped - which is probably why my win/loss ratio is 0.3....

I don't have this problem in other games. Just Gears.

Footos22

Man the last few chapters were cool as fuck. Shame it just ended out of nowhere though. Kinda ruined the moment. Was expecting an epic battle.

Rocketz

Finished the story last night. Had a lot of fun with the game. Thumbs up from me and I enjoyed the
twist
at the end.

I continue to be bad at multiplayer but it's been a long time since I really sat down and played Gears multiplayer so it's going to take a minute.

J-Roderton

Well I actually decided to drop $5 on an elite pack and after confirming it just goes to a load screen and then right back to the menu. Then just tells me I have no unopened packs. Anyone else having trouble with the store?

Lclaihe.gif

Tieske

Neo Member
Well if you got placed in Silver at first there most be some reason that you are in Silver. ;)

yes

being placed in 3 2 v 5 matches during placement

not that it matters anyway, considering the non-existent population on pc. But even if there was a population like on X1 i'd consider this ELO system implementation a complete joke

Eanan

Anyone up for doing horde? The amount of times I get to wave 9/10 and team mates start to leave is infuriating as I dont have much time to game on weekdays.

Also I see theres still players who seem to think king of the hill is TDM, and never go to cap a ring or break it. Also infuriating.

Iceman829

20 on casual, 30 on normal. probably got like 90-110 between them both. maybe im looking at the wrong screen post match?

Either way, even 200-300 is insaaaannnely low for 4 hours of play.

Normal would've given you more than casual to begin with. Did you check the store to see how many credits you have? I believe after every 10 waves when you complete the boss the credits are deposited into your wallet, so the tally when you stopped at 20/30 was not for the entire match, but just for that 10 wave chunk you were completing. Also if you were completing the first 20 waves and had a 10k xp horde bounty on your level would've shot up at well. Every 5 levels gets you another 500 credits.

Top Bottom