• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

How long does it take to go 1-50 on Horde? (I know variables are involved, just approx time)

I got to wave 50 on normal after like 2 hours and 45 mins I would say. We were also leaving the last enemy alive at the end of each round though to run around and make sure that we collected all the energy.

J 0 E

Can't play 10-20 horde matches without the game freezing and kick me out of the server, other modes works fine

anyone else is having this?

Grisby

Finally saved enough coins to buy an elite pack

I got 4 different coloured snubs

gzShDSh.gif
It's almost better to try and buy versus/horde booster packs to get rares for scrap.
Why the fuck are country flag emblems not already available for free?
You know why.

Lately whenever I press A on the title screen it takes around 2 MINUTES for that wheel to stop spinning and give me the welcome message of the day. Any idea what could be causing this?

Had a decent horde group earlier which ended up getting to wave 50 without anyone leaving. Get rekt and lost all our turrets instantly pretty much. It was a wrap after that and we couldn't recover especially without a scout. Managed around 270 coins out of it which wasn't bad

nubbe

I got this €90 credit from Microsoft due to Xbone Fitness shutting down
I guess this game would be the best way to spend that money?

Jobbs

Banned
I tend to run hammerburst and enforcer a lot of the time now (depends on map/game mode).

MRmy40d.gif

Enforcer can help you win a shotgun duel.

It just sucks that there are 8,000 color choices for shotgun and lancer but absolutely none for enforcer or hammerburst.

J-Roderton

I suck with the enforcer. It really does have no range. I'd like to be able to use it effectively.

It just sucks that there are 8,000 color choices for shotgun and lancer but absolutely none for enforcer or hammerburst.

I'm sure there will be some added.

Jobbs

Banned
I suck with the enforcer. It really does have no range. I'd like to be able to use it effectively.

I'm sure there will be some added.

Shotgun seems very high risk/rewatrd for me. Yeah, sometimes I get a bunch of splats in a row, but there are so many times when I feel like I shot someone point blank dead on target and tehy don't die (then I do die). I've been going more towards enforcer because it feels like I'm in more control and less at the mercy of what feels like chance.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I tend to run hammerburst and enforcer a lot of the time now (depends on map/game mode).

http://i.imgur.com/MRmy40d.gif[img]

Enforcer can help you win a shotgun duel.

It just sucks that there are 8,000 color choices for shotgun and lancer but absolutely none for enforcer or hammerburst.[/QUOTE]

the enforcer is great. I can't wait for it to get nerfed though when all the gnasher people start whinging. "oh I can't wall bounce 500 times and kill everyone with spinning headshots! this game is broken"

I got this €90 credit from Microsoft due to Xbone Fitness shutting down
I guess this game would be the best way to spend that money?
Do you like racing games? Forza Horizon 3 is fucking amazing, but if not then yes this is a great game. The bullshit economy sucks, but hopefully they will tweak it so more.

Jobbs

Banned
Had no idea about the Enforcer having that type of power, will try it since I rarely use the Lancer.

It doesn't shoot in a very tight spread and its effective range is pretty short. It's pretty much just a counter to gnasher (because it has a longer effective range than gnasher does) and its effectiveness falls off rapidly the further you get from the sort of range shown in that gif.

Bigg_Oggy

No one uses the Enforcer, so after doing well with it there's no ammo to pick up from enemies. :(
I tend to run hammerburst and enforcer a lot of the time now (depends on map/game mode)..

This is an interesting combo. Been running gnasher/enforcer, but I'll give this one a shot.

Graciaus

I've played horde four times and I've enjoyed it. My first ended with everyone quiting by wave 30. The second we beat. The third the game glitched and an enemy got stuck in a wall that we couldn't kill. Everyone quit the game but thankfully it was only the 3rd wave. The fourth time we made it to wave 50 but couldn't beat it. After failing a few times everyone quit. I liked playing the scout getting all the power.

TaterTots

Banned
It doesn't shoot in a very tight spread and its effective range is pretty short. It's pretty much just a counter to gnasher (because it has a longer effective range than gnasher does) and its effectiveness falls off rapidly the further you get from the sort of range shown in that gif.

LOL. Welp, I've been using it wrong. I've been using it as a long ranged weapon haha. Gonna give your loadout a go, but I heard today the hammerburst is getting a nerf.

Hammerburst + Enforcer is definitely one of the more interesting loadouts although I just naturally tend to feel very vulnerable without a Gnasher. I'm going to take some time and experiment with a Gnasherless loadout some more though.

Another very nice thing about the Enforcer is that you can hipfire and spray it at close range and still be pretty accurate with it so if you get surprised while you have it out you're not nearly as vulnerable as you are with other rifles in your hands.

RedSnake

better question is why is the puerto rican flag never available.

this is why rocket league is the GOAT. only game that ever acknowledged us..

Battlefield 4 (and 3 maybe) also have our flag ;)

So it's better to buy lots of cheap packs and create what you relly want right?
I just want carmine.

Jobbs

Banned
Hammerburst is arguable. I think at range it's significantly more effective than lancer but it lacks the instant execute melee.

Enforcer I just don't see why it'd need a nerf. It has a very specific role -- close range damage support / counter gnasher, but while it can contain a gnasher user if you can see them coming, if they catch you out of position you're still fucking dead. Any nerf would result in this gun being useless.

Just beat the game.
That final boss came out of nowhere. What the fuck? It feels like there should have at least been another chapter or something. That ending though lol. Pretty good cliffhanger for Gears 5.

Overall I'd say I liked it a lot. I actualy enjoyed the DeeBees and thought it was a genius idea to have the enemy types switch mid-game, definitely helped with the variety after fighting the locust for 1-3. Boss encounters were also really well done. Characters and cameos were fantastic as well. Only real complaint is that the ending felt a bit rushed and as the start of a new trilogy it wasn't super-satisfying to finish.

Might jump into MP at a later time, idk though.

Jobbs

Banned
When you exit to main menu thinking you had 3,500 credits and you only have 3,495...

Am I just tragically missing something or is it impossible to see your credits from the regular screens before quitting out of a match?

Xyber

When you exit to main menu thinking you had 3,500 credits and you only have 3,495...

Am I just tragically missing something or is it impossible to see your credits from the regular screens before quitting out of a match?

The fact that it's impossible to see your rank anywhere but after a game if you are not the party leader is also weird.

Enilced2

Anyone else having trouble playing Co op online? My buddy and I were able to do it last week no problem but now since Sunday it just says connection to game timed out anytime we try to load into the campaign. Doesn't matter who starts it.

Anyone else having trouble playing Co op online? My buddy and I were able to do it last week no problem but now since Sunday it just says connection to game timed out anytime we try to load into the campaign. Doesn't matter who starts it.

I'm playing campaign right now with my brother with no issues. He's on Xbox, I'm on PC if that matters

MarveI

What were they thinking when they implemented these 20.000 xp bounty cards that only required you to finish wave 1-20. Everyone quits after exactly wave 20. They should've made it wave 1-50 not 1-20. They literally promoted quitting.

Acrylic7

1st time owning an xbox but not my first time handing out ass whoopings in Gears.

In multiplayer is there a way to stay with the same group of people after a round ends? I just keep getting booted back to the main menu and I refuse to believe that this is how it is now.

edit- nevermind. I'm in ranked not social.

Grisby

painey

I feel like they are REALLY missing the boat when it comes to daily log in bonuses. The whole point of the card system in this game is to keep people playing and not trading the game in. Having an incremental reward, or even a week streak award like MLB the Show would not only keep people playing, but make people happier.

I feel like they are REALLY missing the boat when it comes to daily log in bonuses. The whole point of the card system in this game is to keep people playing and not trading the game in. Having an incremental reward, or even a week streak award like MLB the Show would not only keep people playing, but make people happier.
I haven't played Warframe in months but I log in every single day for my log in bonus.

What were they thinking when they implemented these 20.000 xp bounty cards that only required you to finish wave 1-20. Everyone quits after exactly wave 20. They should've made it wave 1-50 not 1-20. They literally promoted quitting.

All the horde bounties are unbelievably stupid, with some making it unplayable with randoms.

Completed 1-50 on Insane gives like 200cr, but completing 1-20 on Insane gives you 20,000 EXP. I got 120cr completing 19 waves of Normal earlier. I would imagine Insane gives a bigger payout, and even if it doesn't, if you manage to complete all 50 waves you'll get more than 200 anyway.

and that''s a fucking rare bounty.

Then there's shit like "build 50 fortifications" where I've had people build like 20 decoys because I assume they were going for that bounty. Then they leave because who cares? I got my bounty fuck you guys

outsida

I think the problem is more so you can only load one bounty per go. If people could knock out a couple bounties by doing successive waves I think the quitting would be less prevalent. If I could load up a 20 wave, 30 wave and 40 wave bounty all at once (Or maybe after every 10 waves load a new one) I'd be more inclined to stay because its worth my time. You couple the 1-20 bounties plus the low pay outs and you have a recipe for quitting because people want to rank up their characters faster.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell do people move around like this?

I do alright on Social Versus, but as soon as I join Ranked I'm matched against dudes like this and get WALLOPED. How in the hell do you compete against these guys? Any tips?

Stand far enough away from them that they can't do it? Honestly I've been playing Gears for about ten years now and I've learned you don't compete against these guys. It's not that they're amazing or anything it's that they're playing a totally different game and just exploiting the mechanics to such a degree that it's borderline cheating. I mean just watching the video was giving me a headache. I don't know how someone can even play a game like that or what enjoyment they get out of it. Each to their own I guess.

Top Bottom