• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

MattyH

So just received my Gears 1 and 2 codes via message. Redeemed code one on the Xbox, and went to redeem code 2 but it said the code was already redeemed, and doesn't show up in my games?

Also no Codes for 3 and Judgment yet.

i just received codes for 1 and 2 but i brought disc not digital

Dileas

So just received my Gears 1 and 2 codes via message. Redeemed code one on the Xbox, and went to redeem code 2 but it said the code was already redeemed, and doesn't show up in my games?

Same thing just happened to me.

Input the second code manually and it should work.

Using the "redeem code 2" button just used the same code as "redeem code 1" for me.

They really need to add crossplay.

PC players are garbage anyway, I've run into better bronze players on Xbox than diamonds on PC. Even if kb/m does give an advantage, 99% of the people won't be able to benefit from it anyway

Nere

Guys I also got my gears of war and gears of war 2 codes. Since I have no xboxone though will just pm them to the first people who ask me in this thread.

EDIT: just got gear of war 3 and judgement codes so ask those too if you want them.

Quikies83

Who wants to horde? Ds3 dlc is too tough for me right now ;)
And I need this engineer bounty.. to wave 50!
Need to be able to dedicate at least 2 hours.
Who wants to roll?

PC players are garbage anyway, I've run into better bronze players on Xbox than diamonds on PC. Even if kb/m does give an advantage, 99% of the people won't be able to benefit from it anyway

Have you actually been able to find ranked games on PC? If so, what time and server?

leng jai

My trick to beat this section is to run past all juvies as soon as the first scream happens and camp out at the beginning of the level. Let the computer try to kill most of the drones and corridor the juvies. Occasionally a drone will bum rush you so grenades, a boomshot are recommended.

This was literally the hardest part of the game except the act iv boss and the act 5 chap 2 horde section.

go back to that stair case where you arrived from and kill stuff that rounds the corner of the house. a few juvies will chase you and then some drones afterwards. once it quiets down you can come out a bit and take potshots at the enemies at the museum. your allies can't get wiped, if they both get downed they'll crawl towards you (very slowly). if you have a long range weapon it doesn't take that long though

Thanks, finished it pretty easy with your cheese method. Team mates didn't even get downed. I can't imagine how you would be able to do that section legitimately. I'll be back to rage at the
swarmak
fight later.

Thanks, finished it pretty easy with your cheese method. Team mates didn't even get downed. I can't imagine how you would be able to do that section legitimately. I'll be back to rage at the
swarmak
fight later.

It was tough, particularly the last phase when you have a batch of juvies and grenadiers storming the museum.

You have to have eyes in the back of you head. It's a nightmare.

I actually didn't find the
swarmak
too tough. I thought the
final boss
tougher.

I had a fairly mixed night, performing well invididually but struggling to pick up as many wins as I felt I deserved.

It's a bit of a lottery playing alone.

I'm at Onyx 3 but am struggling to make the step up. If someone quits (and they always do), it's a nightmare.

I've played the series from day one and have never felt as powerless to turn a match around as I do in this game when someone leaves and you're getting spawn camped. The latter feels worse in this game than any of the others.

Maps like Impact are begging for it to happen. Win the torque bow and you can basically kill them as they come out of spawn.

It's no different than previous games I suppose, but something about it here just makes me feel extra despondent.

I also feel like teams aren't quite as even as they should be. You're either trashing a team or on the receiving end of a battering.

I'm consistently on teams where I'm the only one going positive.

I know this all sounds like everyone is the problem but me (lol) but honestly, it's a topsy-turvy experience and I can't quite put my finger on why. It's definitely a number of issues working in tandem though.

Bought Gears 4 physically. Got the Gears games codes, now I just got a message from xbox with codes for all the games. Just how many times can they give these games away???

lol, I just got the same messages. At first I thought my account was hacked. Glad to see others got the messages too.

xion4360

more codes for gears 1-J BC please let someone who doesnt own them have these. thanks.

Untitled.png

you're welcome.

Golmon97

Neo Member
I had a fairly mixed night, performing well invididually but struggling to pick up as many wins as I felt I deserved.

It's a bit of a lottery playing alone.

I'm at Onyx 3 but am struggling to make the step up. If someone quits (and they always do), it's a nightmare.

I've played the series from day one and have never felt as powerless to turn a match around as I do in this game when someone leaves and you're getting spawn camped. The latter feels worse in this game than any of the others.

Maps like Impact are begging for it to happen. Win the torque bow and you can basically kill them as they come out of spawn.

It's no different than previous games I suppose, but something about it here just makes me feel extra despondent.

I also feel like teams aren't quite as even as they should be. You're either trashing a team or on the receiving end of a battering.

I'm consistently on teams where I'm the only one going positive.

I know this all sounds like everyone is the problem but me (lol) but honestly, it's a topsy-turvy experience and I can't quite put my finger on why. It's definitely a number of issues working in tandem though.
Try warzone. No spawn = no spawn kill. Personnally i love dodgeball.

It's not a problem that's exclusive to Gears, but quitting in this game is rife across all game modes.

I'm essentially forced to play Ranked to play the mode I want all the time and still, despite apparently playing in a more competitive setting, I'm forced to deal with crybabies who quit after a bad start to the round.

This is fucking game breaking. I just had 2 guys leave after the third round and we were only down 2-1. It's fucking ridiculous.

Either give these people a ban for a few hours or take away all their credits. It has to be something severe enough to make them think twice before doing it again.

Composer

Looking for people to do a horde mode run tonight. I've already gone wave 1-50 twice now on Normal, would love to make a third run. XboxTag: Megadeth6806

I guess the level up 5 skills to max is bugged because mine still shows 0% even though I have 5 of them leveled up and have the achievement for leveling up one card to the max

Just finished the campaign. It was good seeing delta squad again, along with the new team. I've always loved how intense the Gears franchise has been and this game didn't disappoint, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done, Rod and The Coalition, can't wait for Gears 5!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
they really should let you build lower level fortifications all the time. Got to wave 40 and the game just imploded because everyone was broke. A basic fence is like 5,000 at that point.

Iceman829

Yea I'm quitting this game after 10 rounds. No one wanted to be engineer so I figured I'll level it up. I ask on the mic if anyone has a preference on the fabricator... no reply so I say I'll put it in a spot that worked for me in the past. 3 rounds in someone takes the fabricator from a nice safe spot and walks it across the map to the middle of the shit. A soldier starts buying fortifications and I tell him not to waste money as I get a discount and my fortifications have extra health. No response, no fucks given, I'm out. I don't need my time wasted by assholes.

Allforce

Jumped into Horde for the first time tonight, yeesh. First match, 3 people quit on Round 3...THREE. I just said fuck it and quit out. 2nd attempt everyone except me quit during the loading screen. 3rd attempt got a decent group. played until Round 19 and then 2 people dropped.

There has to be a fix coming to just add people looking to jump in and fill slots right? This is ridiculous.

TaterTots

Banned

How in the world have you played competitive on PC? It's a wasteland. I've searched 7x in a row before which is 35 mins. I gave up. Anyway, The Coalition said they are going to test vs crossplay on social for a weekend coming up. If you check my post history you'll see I provided a link and etc.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yea I'm quitting this game after 10 rounds. No one wanted to be engineer so I figured I'll level it up. I ask on the mic if anyone has a preference on the fabricator... no reply so I say I'll put it in a spot that worked for me in the past. 3 rounds in someone takes the fabricator from a nice safe spot and walks it across the map to the middle of the shit. A soldier starts buying fortifications and I tell him not to waste money as I get a discount and my fortifications have extra health. No response, no fucks given, I'm out. I don't need my time wasted by assholes.

Play with friends. Only game that works with randoms.
Is pew pew everyone in your screen must die mode.

TaterTots

Banned
Have you actually been able to find ranked games on PC? If so, what time and server?

I live in the U.S. and have searched and searched. Everyone on Social via PC claims to never find a game. I'm doubtful of the honesty of that post. It's completely dead for competitive on PC.

How in the world have you played competitive on PC? It's a wasteland. I've searched 7x in a row before which is 35 mins. I gave up. Anyway, The Coalition said they are going to test vs crossplay on social for a weekend coming up. If you check my post history you'll see I provided a link and etc.

idk. I just played execution for the past 4 hours, usually found a match in 20-30 seconds. Longest was like 3 minutes but restarted the search and found a match instantly.

I've posted before that I can usually play TDM with no problems and Execution around 8-9PM eastern time. It's every other playlist that's the problem

I live in the U.S. and have searched and searched. Everyone on Social via PC claims to never find a game. I'm doubtful of the honesty of that post. It's completely dead for competitive on PC.

lmao why would I lie about such an insignificant thing? whatever makes you happy I guess

H816glp.png

I play on both Xbox and PC so I have friends on both platforms. Everyone in that picture plays on PC. but sure, it's dead and I'm making this up

I recieved codes for 1&2 then a day later 3 & Judgement codes came through.

Did they enable crossplay for ranked? Someone was text chatting.

It's weird, I've seen that pop up since shortly after release. But I thought ranked wasn't crossplay.

Maybe The Coalition rep could confirm. I've seen on the forums saying the mp is not crossplay save for private matches, co-op and horde.

emrober5

I finished the campaign a few days ago and have moved onto the MP. Prior to starting Act 4 I said the campaign was a 6/10 for me but after completing the game I'd give it an 8/10. Really great first attempt for the coalition. If Act 1 and 2 were more like the rest of the game I would have given it a higher score.

MP is great too, I am loving dodgeball

I just beat the campaign on Insane Co-op, but I didn't get the achievements. I was playing on my PC splitscreen and neither the "Complete all Campaign Acts in Co-op" or the "Complete the Campaign on Insane" achievement unlocked. Every chapter in the menu says that its been completed on insane co-op, so I don't know what went wrong. Has anyone else had this issue?

This campaign was mediocre, Act IV was a damn chore to get through. Who thought that
wind section with the catapult was a good idea? My friend and I have hit the stupid turret several times
to no avail, so it felt random as to what worked; there was no consistency whatsoever.

And that
Swarmak fight
was poorly designed. I don't even want to get into it.. I just need to rest after that nonsense.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Such a stupid little thing, but I really feel great about seeing the little PC icon on players who have joined the same Horde match while I'm on Xbox. It feels like it's the way it should be.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I just love the consistency and robustness of movement with heavy supplemental weapons. Being able to roadie run (albeit slowly), not having it drop on the floor just because someone sneezed, still holding it in campaign after opening doors, being able to heft it when you jump up a step. It feels good.

tuna_love

Banned
This campaign was mediocre, Act IV was a damn chore to get through. Who thought that
wind section with the catapult was a good idea? My friend and I have hit the stupid turret several times
to no avail, so it felt random as to what worked; there was no consistency whatsoever.

And that
Swarmak fight
was poorly designed. I don't even want to get into it.. I just need to rest after that nonsense.
dont you have to shoot the thing while its in the air?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
dont you have to shoot the thing while its in the air?

When youre playing coop you do. That caught me out because I'd done it on my own and when I played it again I wasn't listening to what the other characters were saying so we kept hitting it and nothing seemed to work

tuna_love

Banned
When youre playing coop you do. That caught me out because I'd done it on mu own and when I played it again I wasn't listening to what the other characters were saying so we kept hitting it and nothing seemed to work
i did it in co op and we were there for like 10 mins having no idea what the fuck was going on, nearly quit. they do say
pull
or something like that so maybe its obvious
also I ordered from the Microsoft store to get the $10 gift code and they gave me Microsoft reward points instead, pretty pissed off as it will transfer to aud instead of having use, ive never bought anything from au store and didnt even know I was a rewards member thing, support said its system level and cant be changed. bless the store

J-Roderton

Internet was out yesterday so I jumped in campaign for a bit. Really not enjoying it at all. I'm at the
catacombs/underground/chasing the snatcher thing
part. What a snoozefest.

Hell I've played GoW 1-3 story modes so many times I could do it with my eyes closed but this is rough. Does it pick up any?

I liked the campaign. We played through on insane blind and it took us 33 hours. The only bs parts are the drones that charge you and a full mag doesn't stop them.

We also got stuck on the catapult bit for a while.

Top Bottom