• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

pizzacat

Banned
Not the Halloween Elite Pack though, that's only available for real money.

And yeah, while Day of the Dead Kait is available in normal packs, the Halloween Elite Pack is going to increase the likelihood of obtaining it by a hell of a lot.

It's just another all around shitty move by TC.
Yeah I saw that and I was in the game and literally couldn't find it?

Where is it

Vorheez

It really is impossible to not have atleast one person bail on horde after wave 20, isn't it.
As much as this bothers me too, it is also unreasonable to expect someone to dedicate 2-3 hours of their time uninterrupted. TC needs to allow people to join in.

who plays hoard and doesn't quit? this week i've been playing before/after 3pm-midnight work shift (EST), next week i'll be playing in the range of 4pm - midnight

gt: sonicxxtreme , been maining engineer but will swap as appropriate

Man I love Dodgeball, feels like this is what Gears 3 should have introduced instead of TDM to appease the masses who couldn't take Execution.

You still can get punished for your mistakes but it isn't a hopeless waiting room experience if you die early in a round.

Really wish it was in comp, feel like it slots in well with the other modes though I guess it would take Execution's shine too much.

J-Roderton

It really is impossible to not have atleast one person bail on horde after wave 20, isn't it.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case for me. Every. Single. Time.

With that happening I figured, fuck it, I'm not getting passed 20 with a group anyway so I bumped from normal to insane and that group wrecked shit. Straight up.

I may just stick with playing on insane diff since it seems like the players in those lobbies take it more seriously, if that makes any sense.

Maybe a dumb question, but do we get more credits on insane in horde as opposed to the lower difficulties? I've been using bounties so I haven't tracked how much I was racking in.

Iceman829

who plays hoard and doesn't quit? this week i've been playing before/after 3pm-midnight work shift (EST), next week i'll be playing in the range of 4pm - midnight

gt: sonicxxtreme , been maining engineer but will swap as appropriate

I can add you to my list. I only quit when I'm playing solo and with a bunch of terrible randoms. My gt is the same as my gaf name. I play in the evenings 8/9pm - till about 12:30 on work nights and the weekends I play more often depending on the weather and my schedule.

I had some nice drops in card packs the last few days. Hammer of Dawn strike for Soldier is lvl 2 now, I also unlocked Explosive Headshots and upgraded Sniper Strike to lvl 2. Now I need to get around to continue leveling up all my classes.

BHK3

Banned
y5GKqwU.gif

TC on seeing the Microtransactions dosh roll in

gcn0IW.gif

A successful match will take much longer then that. I think that is more of the average match time since so many people quit and then the people that dont just give up once it becomes hopeless.

Yeah I know they take longer, that's what I'm saying.

I don't see how one could complete Horde in 45 minutes, even on casual with fully leveled up classes.

Yeah I know they take longer, that's what I'm saying.

I don't see how one could complete Horde in 45 minutes, even on casual with fully leveled up classes.

Oh I see, yeah it is impossible. You would need to average less then 1 minute per wave, and a lot of waves the enemies do not all spawn in at the start. I keep hoping that they will say/do something to address the quitting but still nothing. My wife and I love playing horde but it is so hard to find a good group.

Oh I see, yeah it is impossible. You would need to average less then 1 minute per wave, and a lot of waves the enemies do not all spawn in at the start. I keep hoping that they will say/do something to address the quitting but still nothing. My wife and I love playing horde but it is so hard to find a good group.

I really don't understand why drop-in/drop-out doesn't exist. It should be standard by this point.

I run into post-wave 20 quitter all the time. I usually don't leave until it's down to just two people. By that point, we're both getting destroyed and our equipment is gone, so it's pointless to stick around.

I'm not about to lose my shit over some cosmetic microtransactions (though I do love collecting skins in games), but yeah, it's a little ridiculous for those who actually want to buy into them, and more when they seem so receptive to the community yet are completely tone-deaf on this matter. Oh well, maybe the feedback survey makes them change something.

I'm not about to lose my shit over some cosmetic microtransactions (though I do love collecting skins in games), but yeah, it's a little ridiculous for those who actually want to buy into them, and more when they seem so receptive to the community yet are completely tone-deaf on this matter. Oh well, maybe the feedback survey makes them change something.

They're not tone-deaf on it, they know people aren't happy, but they're raking in money doing it so honestly why would they stop?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is anyone else having an insanely hard time killing someone in Competitive Escalation? So fucking weird.

Yeah, I noticed that when I first started playing Escalation. I couldn't kill anyone. My k/d ratio of 1.2 or whatever in Social Versus translated to a 0.35 k/d ratio in Escalation after a few games. Since then I've altered my strategy in Escalation to be even MORE aggressive, and so far I've won many more games and have gotten my k/d ratio up to 0.95.

Still unimpressive but I'm getting used to it.

Averaging less than a minute per wave is actually impossible, the elapsed time at the end of each wave takes into account the 30 second preparation time at the beginning.

So you would need to complete each wave in like 15 seconds to be able to meet that 45 minute estimation

blakep267

I think they should have different queues for horde. 10 waves, 20 waves, 49 waves etc. sometimes I don't mind playing for 2.5 hours and other times I just want to do a 10 or so waves on insane and then leave

Brakara

I think they should have different queues for horde. 10 waves, 20 waves, 49 waves etc. sometimes I don't mind playing for 2.5 hours and other times I just want to do a 10 or so waves on insane and then leave

I basically only have time to play horde a couple of times during the weekends now, if even that. It sucks.

Angel_DvA

Any ETA for the patch ? The more I played the game, the more the issues are blatant, Epic was too slow on fixing their Gears game, I hope the support will be better for Coalition.

There should be a mini-horde mode for those of us who can't play for 2 hours at a time. Have it go to wave 25 with bosses at 10, 20, and 25. It gives you an hour or so of gameplay and the ability to win if 1-2 people drop assuming you're on normal.

Keep regular horde up but have players be able to drop in whenever you lose a player.

pizzacat

Banned
Instead of splitting horde up like that, just do join in progress

Also there's not much characters in this game, I should be able to join a game and play as my character, not JD

It made sense for 3 and only 3 but now it's getting annoying

jackdoe

Fuck Snatchers and fuck whoever designed their encounters. Need to take a break before I smash my controller into the floor.

Jesus, watching some tourney play of some team on YT and these guys are obnoxious as fuck. Nothing but repeatedly screaming out call outs, marking guys who have been hit by 4 lancer bullets as "one shot", referring to the other team as "kids" who suck after winning a few rounds despite looking barely over 16 themselves, just lmao.

3DShovel

Done with the game for now. No reason to play a terrible online experience when you have Battlefield 1 that has very smooth online, and Titanfall 2 coming out.

GG TC.

Finished the campaign.

Somewhat disappointed with what the swarm turned out to be, but given that's the direction they chose, the ending is a GREAT tease.

Hated pretty much all the weather sections. Never found them thrilling, only annoying. Felt like the best part was environmental interaction, but they could have afforded that without all the wind, lightning traps, etc.

Also, is it just me, or did they cut the damage output of the Lancer in half? I was playing Hardcore.

Dell was annoying. Loved him to start, wanted to kill him by the end.

So, just played a Guardian round to a stalemate and for some reason it just said the COG won even though both leaders were alive.

How the hell does it just decide that?

So, just played a Guardian round to a stalemate and for some reason it just said the COG won even though both leaders were alive.

How the hell does it just decide that?

It's dumb, but it is how many people on your team are currently dead compared to the other team the moment the time is up...

Worst fight since
Paul
at the end of
Quantum Break
I know the OT thread for Quantum Break had this as a rather polarizing topic matter, but I had little trouble with that final boss fight. And once you know how he telegraphs his moves, it becomes much easier. Also, I loved that game.

Another GAFfer recommended restarting that chapter in Act 4 in Gears. I think I am going to do that and go the methodical route. I just haven't had much time for gaming this week. :-/

Top Bottom