• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

MarveI

Cosmetics are yours forever if you have it. You can obtain them from packs, and you can craft individual card you want with scraps (not the gold icon credits), which you can get by dismantling other cards you don't want. Think Hearthstone card disenchanting and crafting if you played that before. The only things that are consumed on use are bounty cards.

So if I understand this correctly I can discard the cards I got from the packs and I'll get scrap points for it which I can use to get these skins without having to open packs ? Did I get that right ?

Montresor

My Gears S console pre-ordered from microsoftstore.ca isn't arriving until end of day tomorrow.

Come on Microsoft, you're better than this.

The console comes with an EARLY ACCESS version of the game. The console releases October 6th. It shouldn't come on October 7th.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

iFirez

Got to go to sleep... knowing it unlocks in 20mins is tough, but full work day ahead of me tomorrow before I can play.

TaterTots

Banned
My Gears S console pre-ordered from microsoftstore.ca isn't arriving until end of day tomorrow.

Come on Microsoft, you're better than this.

The console comes with an EARLY ACCESS version of the game. The console releases October 6th. It shouldn't come on October 7th.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you live in the states, the game releases for the Ultimate Edition on the 7th.

mernst23

Ugh, I hate myself for this since I was able to avoid the temptation of gears ultimate edition, but considering I don't own an Xbox one; and have kind of tuned out, which xbox type and where should I buy it from I order to play gears 4? I don't have a 4k tv but will own one before the end of the year.

Pay $100 to play it 4 days early. What a shady business practice. But of course people will get it and more publishers will start doing it...

Yep, I can see this happening with more and more AAA titles, which is way lame. If I were still a teen and played video games constantly, I would probably be one of those suckers.

EDIT: I was unaware it also included the season pass. That's not terrible, but still... $40 bucks more is a bit too much for me.

Majine

Banned
Anyone else on the PC that can't start the game (past midnight in my region)? It just flashes the Gears logo, then crashed back to the desktop.

Montresor

If you live in the states, the game releases for the Ultimate Edition on the 7th.

I live in Canada.

I know the Ultimate edition doesn't unlock until October 7th. The Gears S console is supposed to have a release date one day early to help people preload in time for release.
Which I won't be able to do since the console will arrive end of day October 7th.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Is the Ulrimate Edition worth it?

It depends on you. Personally I think it's worth it and I bought it specifically for PC (season pass, early access) but I don't think I get the Gears of War collection or the Steel Book. If I'm not mistaken you get that if you buy it on Xbox on disc.

MarveI

Oh wow just played 10 rounds on the easiest difficulty and even that isn't easy lol can't imagine insane difficulty. It's really rewarding when it's difficult.

lol at the rare achievement
''At first I was afraid, I was petrified :).

Wow, these graphics settings are impressive.

I hope the matchmaking population on PC isn't too bad. I haven't played Gears multiplayer in so damn long.

UK signing in, hoping to get at least an hour before I go to bed. Damn you work, damn you to Hell!
I'm regretting jumping in right now so badly. I need to sleep eventually within the next 3 hours.

Wow, these graphics settings are impressive.

I hope the matchmaking population on PC isn't too bad. I haven't played Gears multiplayer in so damn long.

I haven't played Gears MP since Gears 2 and I kinda miss it. Gears 1 was my first game for the PS3 / 360 generation and it was incredible at the time. The MP experience for me was awesome.

Madness

I never even realized. These bastards have in essence just delayed the launch of the game 4 days to make money. The game is done and good to go for the 7th, but the rest of us have to wait 4 days if we got the standard. Mine was preordered almost 1.5 years ago before there even was an ultimate edition. I hate this modern gaming cash grab stuff. Is the ultimate edition physically available on the 7th?

malfcn

I never even realized. These bastards have in essence just delayed the launch of the game 4 days to make money. The game is done and good to go for the 7th, but the rest of us have to wait 4 days if we got the standard. Mine was preordered almost 1.5 years ago before there even was an ultimate edition. I hate this modern gaming cash grab stuff. Is the ultimate edition physically available on the 7th?

Yes it is.

giphy.gif

Caayn

You know what's funny. In Europe release day used to be friday but for FH3 and Gears 4, both early access for more expensive editions, the release day is tuesday. Recore, FM6, etc launched on a friday in Europe.

Ugh, I hate myself for this since I was able to avoid the temptation of gears ultimate edition, but considering I don't own an Xbox one; and have kind of tuned out, which xbox type and where should I buy it from I order to play gears 4? I don't have a 4k tv but will own one before the end of the year.

If you're going to have a 4K TV, then you definitely want to pick up an Xbox One S.

Microsoft Stores and GameStop have a Special Edition blue Xbox One S that comes with Gears of War 4 for $299.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...0?vid=5065782300/?WT.mc_id=X1701cam-WW-100416

That's probably your best bet right now.

spannicus

Get your money right you broke bastard!

just kiddding lmao

Where is toggle sprint on PC.

This is an absolutely incredible PC version. It runs so damn well.

Though I think I recall the action reload thing appearing closer to your character in previous games, unless I'm mistaken. Right now in GoW 4, it's up in the top right corner beneath your weapon, and it kind of doesn't make any sense to have to look up there and away from the action when reloading.

Edit: Scratch toggle-sprint, probably wouldn't make sense with single tap being roll.

Picking up my Ultimate Edition tomorrow as long as my BB is open, stupid hurricane. This up-charge thing for basically getting it a few days early is definitely bullshit but this is when it pays to have GCU. I only paid $80 with GCU and it also came with a $10 RZC for pre-ordering so you're basically only paying $10 more to get it early. The steelbook also helps justify the extra $10.

Fuck! I'm more pumped than a gnasher!

Edit- Forgot you get a free Gears Mug and Coaster set at BB as well.

Dubz

Caved and bought. Bring it in on, Gears!

If anyone wants to play on PC this weekend send me a FR.

GT is dubz on3

You could say it's ... Madness :D

Top Bottom