• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Theorry

"While you collect all the content on offer in the Tenth Anniversary Pack, enjoy brand new ways to play with returning fan-favorite playlists:

Gnashers-Only King Of The Hill returns to Gears of War, bringing with it a gib-filled carnage of objective-driven, close-quarters combat. Your trusty Gnasher is your only friend as you battle to control the hill.
Available from 11/8 - 11/10

One Shot, One Kill is the ultimate fan-favorite special event with a new Gears of War 4 twist. This sniping-focused mode spawns you only with a Longshot – but now the EMBAR is available for pickup on the battlefield to change the game. Now is the time to go for those collateral headshots!

Available from 11/10 - 11/14
There's also one more special treat in store! To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the first Gears of War, we're bringing the visage of the iconic Gears of War hero and villain of the game that started it all to Gears of War 4. For this week only, all COG team characters are equipped with a Marcus Fenix 'Big Head' mask while all Swarm team characters get to rock the General RAAM 'Big Head' mask! These special Anniversary Celebration masks are enabled in the following playlists:

Social Quickplay
Co-Op Vs Bots
Gnashers-Only King of the Hill

Note: Big Head masks are not active in the One Shot One Kill playlist due to having a noticable impact on gameplay."

Ushay

Anyone here playing on a Samsung KS8000? The game is beautiful but I'm not sure I'm getting the full effect of HDR, or if the HDR implementation in the game just isn't that great to begin with.

Any particular settings you guys are using?

I'd imagine the effect is much more noticeable in 4k.

OT - Just started Horde mode after finishing what I thought was the best Gears campaign yet. This game is sooo damn good.

Took me 20 packs to get the Gary skin. They need to do more 200 credit packs. It is nice to be able to open a pack like every other match.

Theorry

Link to all 10th anniversary skins?

1d800a94ae9a4b2abba2471sax.jpg

Moofers

I got the Gary skin twice in just 3 packs. I figure its payback for all the times I've opened other packs and gotten emblems and ugly weapons but never any characters.

Gotta say, the packs seem much better when you can afford them more frequently. I am maxing out horde skills left and right now which feels good and keeps that mode going. They really need to add Locust to it though because the gameplay is getting kind of samey after so many runs. I've got around 60 hours into Horde and the waves start feeling the same.

I have the KS8000 and I played through the campaign in HDR. The effect is more subtle than I expected, but overall I thought the picture had a nice richness to it and the lighting does stand out in certain scenes.

As for the settings: First off, select "Game" under special viewing mode. Then, the important part is to set the backlight to MAX. Make sure color space is set to Native (it should already be set that way) and set the Smart LED to "High".
Thanks, all of those are ticked off on my end. I'll turn HDR on and off in the console's settings and see if I can notice a difference.

Not sure where you are yet in the game? But later when its night the HDR effect is way more imo.
Just finished Act 1. Hope it's more noticeable later.

Iceman829

Anyone interested in a horde run tonight in the evening EST? I need some more coins to throw at Carmine packs. I've bought 11 so far and still need the Hammerburst Skin, Ben Carmine Shotgun and Anthony Carmine Sniper

Dear Coalition:

-RTJ back in the store please.
-You guys suck at allowing people to have fun. 3 day midweek playlist? The fuck man.
-2v2 gnasher in a confined space was great. How did it not make it into 4 with more maps?

Loomba

Played Drydock before. As good as I remembered it to be.

I've had 5 Gary Carmines tonight, scrapped em all and bought the DR-1 DeeBee finally some luck in this game.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Is no one playing this game online or what?

taking me while to connect to a game, and sometimes I get put into a game with 2 player. wtf?

Its has not even been a month

BHK3

Banned
Played Drydock before. As good as I remembered it to be.

I've had 5 Gary Carmines tonight, scrapped em all and bought the DR-1 DeeBee finally some luck in this game.

Pay2lose character, they have the loudest footsteps/sfx to their characters.

AXE

Oh you silly people who insist on setting the fabricator so that we have more than 1 direction from where the enemies will be rollin'

People playing on Insane should know better.

The servers for Xbox one running good right now?

On PC I seem to be having problems getting a full group for Horde

blakep267

Finally got my carmine, maybe 6-7 packs in. I think I'm gonna keep going with the 200 Cred packs and just start breaking everything else down to scrap for another character

When did the new maps release? Didnt see a post or a tweet about it?
I think they already released. I played a game on dry dock last night. I'm assuming it happened on Monday

ManUtd78

Neo Member
Hi guys

Keep forgetting to post I have the codes for the original Gears games in my message box give me a DM which one you want . I'll update as they go. Thanks (XB1)

Chris

The Flash

Banned
Coalition Army Update

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/tca-nov16update

During the Gears of War 4 Beta, we launched the first phase of The Coalition Army. The Coalition Army is a program that is built to give back to our creators - whether you’re a veteran of your craft, or just starting out, signing up lets us know you create in the Gears of War community and gives you the tools to take your content even further. In the past six months, we've released customizable intros for YouTube, stream overlays and 4K Cosplay Guides for the community to use to fuel their own creations.

Today, we are excited to share the next update to The Coalition Army! This new update features a whole host of new resources and brand new rewards for our creators. Whether you’re bringing our characters to life through cosplay, streaming to an audience while playing Gears or drawing your own take on our universe via fan-art, this program is our commitment to our fans to support your work and help take it to the next level.

More at the link

EL CUCO

Anybody else's game hitching? Kinda like what was happening as a match started before (after the first update), only now it happens through out the entire match.

When did you get it and where was it sent to?

Thanks! Kind of annoyed that I haven't gotten mine yet.
Received it in a message on my Xbox the day I purchased it. Did you check there? It was a message from XBL saying "Your pre-order of Gears of War 4 with PayPal includes a $10 code . . ." etc.

enemy2k

Received it in a message on my Xbox the day I purchased it. Did you check there? It was a message from XBL saying "Your pre-order of Gears of War 4 with PayPal includes a $10 code . . ." etc.
Well the fine print says it can be sent up to 30 days later. I guess I'll have to email support. Thanks for the information.

Ok I know I have to be missing something obvious here but where do I access/delete my bounty cards? The only time I see them is before a match and you can't delete them there can you? It seems like I've looked everywhere in the Customization panel and War Journal. How do I delete some of these?

Ok I know I have to be missing something obvious here but where do I access/delete my bounty cards? The only time I see them is before a match and you can't delete them there can you? It seems like I've looked everywhere in the Customization panel and War Journal. How do I delete some of these?

Manage bounties and then press X on the card you want to scrap.
You need to choose Horde or Versus to get to Manage Bounties.

Top Bottom