• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Grisby

I like buying packs for 200. Getting 70 or so credits per game is nice too. GG Coalition.

Checkout is still good. Hoping for some original maps too down the line. Oh, and got Armor Sam out of a 1000 packet, that was neat.
Ok I know I have to be missing something obvious here but where do I access/delete my bounty cards? The only time I see them is before a match and you can't delete them there can you? It seems like I've looked everywhere in the Customization panel and War Journal. How do I delete some of these?
Versus and manage bounties. You can create/decraft them there.

aBarreras

Ok I know I have to be missing something obvious here but where do I access/delete my bounty cards? The only time I see them is before a match and you can't delete them there can you? It seems like I've looked everywhere in the Customization panel and War Journal. How do I delete some of these?

enter to the matchmaking menu, and there should be the "manage bounties" or something

TRios Zen

So...once each of the last two nights while queuing for a game Gears 4 has completely shut-down my xbox and the xbox of everyone in my party - this happened to anyone else?

So strange, one minute match is loading, next xbox one is off. Wtf?

Ballistik

So...once each of the last two nights while queuing for a game Gears 4 has completely shut-down my xbox and the xbox of everyone in my party - this happened to anyone else?

So strange, one minute match is loading, next xbox one is off. Wtf?

It happened to me once when the update first came out.

So there's some bug in this update. I was with 4 friends loading up an escalation match and my Xbox turned off. Thought it was just me but nope, all of my friends Xbox's turned off.

noomi

If I buy Gears of War on on xbox one.... there will be good deals on Black Friday... I can then play the game on PC?

What if I don't actually have an xbox one though.... lol

Iceman829

If I buy Gears of War on on xbox one.... there will be good deals on Black Friday... I can then play the game on PC?

What if I don't actually have an xbox one though.... lol

If you buy it digitally you can download on both an xbox and your pc. If you buy the retail copy of the xbox version you would need an xbox one to play. Digital is cross-buy, cross-play, cross-save. Retail is cross-play, cross-save

noomi

If you buy it digitally you can download on both an xbox and your pc. If you buy the retail copy of the xbox version you would need an xbox one to play. Digital is cross-buy, cross-play, cross-save. Retail is cross-play, cross-save

Gotcha, thanks.

Well I guess there goes that idea.

Manage bounties and then press X on the card you want to scrap.
You need to choose Horde or Versus to get to Manage Bounties.

I like buying packs for 200. Getting 70 or so credits per game is nice too. GG Coalition.

Checkout is still good. Hoping for some original maps too down the line. Oh, and got Armor Sam out of a 1000 packet, that was neat.

Versus and manage bounties. You can create/decraft them there.

enter to the matchmaking menu, and there should be the "manage bounties" or something

Fuuuu not sure how I missed that. Thanks fellas.

Gnashers only KOTH is the best thing ever. You get so many credits comapered to any other mode, plus it is crazy fun. I hope they keep a one round KOTH option going forward.

Iceman829

I was hoping to join the GearsGaf club on Xbox. Is there someone I should talk to in this thread about that?

My GT is: The Papasmurf

Thanks!

From the xbox clubs thread

GearsGAF
Info: Connect with other NeoGAF members to explore, destroy or dominate on the planet Sera.

TRios Zen

It happened to me once when the update first came out.

Sorry for late response, damn work getting in the way - doesn't look like anybody else replied so maybe a fairly uncommon thing, but still very weird.

I wonder if it has happened to anyone playing solo or if it related to being in a party (both times I was in a party of 4 or more).

You can text chat by connecting a keyboard to your Xbox or chatpad for the controller. Press "U" to start typing.

I'd like more games to include this.
Well the fine print says it can be sent up to 30 days later. I guess I'll have to email support. Thanks for the information.
No problem, I hope it works out.

Ballistik

Why do you sometimes see a [GLOBAL] message thing on Xbox?

Plug in your PC keyboard to your Xbox. Press U

It'll let you switch between [GLOBAL] or [TEAM]

Type a message, and hit send. Everyone in the game sees it.

Kind of useful for those random teammates that may be in a party chat.. you can communicate and for sure they'll see your message.

Xater

Is the current credits payout the new standard? Seems way more manageable now. I tried the game again yesterday. If it is I might play again.

Roboculus

whats up with Checkout/Drydock now? are they in the regular playlists and what two maps did TC remove?

Yes, they are now a part of the matchmaking rotation.

TC has not taken any maps out yet. I believe they have mentioned in interviews that 12-16 maps was around the size they were shooting for in the rotation. So I'm guessing it'll be at least a couple more months before any maps get rotated out.

Roboculus

Is the current credits payout the new standard? Seems way more manageable now. I tried the game again yesterday. If it is I might play again.

Yeah they had an update last Friday which increased the payout in Versus matches. The booster packs now also come with 1 guaranteed customization item, which basically makes them a cheaper and better version of what the Operations pack used to be.

Xater

Yeah they had an update last Friday which increased the payout in Versus matches. The booster packs now also come with 1 guaranteed customization item, which basically makes them a cheaper and better version of what the Operations pack used to be.

Cool, seems way better now. Gonna play more Gears again then.

Theorry

I've opened so many damn 10th anni packs and still no Clayton Carmine lancer skin

Pray for me.

tumblr_inline_mx9jqbB1NY1rwdb6t.gif

Iceman829

I think I've bought about 6k worth of crates so far and picked up all the carmine exclusive skins. I still need that damn hammerburst. I've received about 15 enforcer skins, which is a complete joke considering it's a brand new weapon and has nothing to do with the 10th anniversary.

blakep267

This carmine stuff has been a blessing in disguise. Instead of taking a chance at a 1000 credit pack I can just keep buying 200 credit packs and breaking down stuff for scrap. I have like 500 scrap now. Almost at a new character

J-Roderton

This carmine stuff has been a blessing in disguise. Instead of taking a chance at a 1000 credit pack I can just keep buying 200 credit packs and breaking down stuff for scrap. I have like 500 scrap now. Almost at a new character

Yeah I'm pretty close to 600 scrap after blowing through those Carmine packs. Not bad.

I think I've bought about 6k worth of crates so far and picked up all the carmine exclusive skins. I still need that damn hammerburst. I've received about 15 enforcer skins, which is a complete joke considering it's a brand new weapon and has nothing to do with the 10th anniversary.

That's the only skin it won't give me

Recreat3

so im almost through the campaign on solo hardcore and i have one burning question. why dont the gears boys and girls wear helmets. so much emphasis on the chest armour etc but they leave their massive heads unarmoured for headshots.

Edit: also how long did it take everyone to finish the campaign. Stats on the game tell me exactly 10 hours on hardcore.Thats including using a guide to grab all the collectibles. Seems like a good length.

Whizkid7

I'll say. I got enough scrap to finally make my favorite character, Hoffman! Now I can work on those rare horde skills.

Plus, after 10 anniversary packs last night alone I finally got Carmine on the 10th. There were at least 15 purchased before that.

WTF?! I pick a character and the game keeps giving me someone different. Is this ever gonna get fixed? Am I the only one with this issue?

Are you joining a match in progress and have you picked your character for the right game mode? You can have different ones for Horde and Vs.

Top Bottom