• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Switching between core/competitive tuning really messes with my perception of the flow of the game. I'm not even sure which tuning I prefer, although I hate how long escalation games take.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Anyone having issues with Gears matchmaking right now? Can't load Horde and I keep getting a "cougar error" message every now and again.

Madness

Lol, there was more Gears esports discussion amongst other shooter threads and eSports threads than in here. MLG put on a solid event.

ParityBit

Game saves and progress such as multiplayer cosmetic unlocks are automatically shared and synced between windows 10 and xbox 1.

Crossplay is currently supported for campaign co-op and horde mode. They're going to test versus deathmatch multiplayer crossplay soon, unless it's already started.

Edit: testing of crossplay for versus mode is happening in December, starting with the social quickplay mode.

Oh that is great! I just ordered myself a new SSD and 1070. I am hoping it helps! I can not play on my Xbox as much as I would like (wife/kid)

Got my first ever Legendary from a Versus pack. While it wouldnt have been my first choice (Im still saving for that red robot), its definitely nice to get anyway

t0wIm-YfraLDpEPpgiR5zabdArwjPI0HSCZviDbOZEYwpjuLKIwzj7luyik6lSQ21W_NKs4IwhiILm5E96baaeSBgWgMSThmR8P22FdU8Rwyf984y0094HK4M_XOTdU_Eb-xVJiFXl_4lVbQd8OGIKATRevkDUVrQ50phxOuwZjJrcEaxHK6nG9T34_9lMRDO_sXukqoDQ0n5x8nV28uSc-DoREUTvY4Xz5_rezxQJ1c3H4ugjGejOassncVVtR2i_1fsdN8qCvgczLyafkbPZs6kIG0AullJWDab2j_pB_aw8HuW8JEZnwPMbQ3S56VFDJvBYNbEcwe88Ypv_xqNwXvW8CHXVg8zWnJSc9WVL3GCbU4G76SaXGrf8CFkZitKsRWsREVbz9WQiFSjHhZur_JSg9s05n51I_JegcseIYUL5lR1Bpxf_pnaCFCDsrLyIHN93YxfVAEn9pzxNbZvBzsWaNIf91jH_uNMo_fFEzPaMMcmbRToQNen3reUYcfzQq_ILyXq0zHWpCFolatTW-e3vKnfjIcBTTyNOUfRv5X9S83DOcULn4f80H-Ae1qMHTQxy5hSSNKZhvUWE3lRniXNbWGKbKvSVhl_h-CE1zUqaCY=w615-h346-no

fr0st

Banned
Guys I have a question.

I got a new Xbox one and it came with gears 4 for free (base game) and was wondering if I can download the other gears games too or is that only for the legacy collection?

Theorry

Guys I have a question.

I got a new Xbox one and it came with gears 4 for free (base game) and was wondering if I can download the other gears games too or is that only for the legacy collection?

No the normal version also. If its digital you will get the codes with a message on xbox. If its a disc the codes are in the case with it. :)

Kssio_Aug

Hilarious. Also, I love that person's gamerpic. I normally love to wear that specific gamerpic but now I'm rocking the Cortana pic with the new Halo ones they added.

Didn't know they added new Halo pics, will check that out.

No the normal version also. If its digital you will get the codes with a message on xbox. If its a disc the codes are in the case with it. :)

I bought the game this black friday, played a round of horde mode and am at the end of the 1st act. Still got no code... is this delay normal?

Iceman829

Didn't know they added new Halo pics, will check that out.

I bought the game this black friday, played a round of horde mode and am at the end of the 1st act. Still got no code... is this delay normal?

They could take several weeks to be delivered. You will receive them via XBL message from Xbox.

Ballistik

Crossplay weekend this Friday!

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/coming-this-friday---crossplay-test-weekend-special-event/df2704ee-6d13-4525-87bb-09698c51b3b2/posts

Hello Gears fans!

The time has come for us to run a special test weekend event to trial Crossplay Versus in Gears of War 4. This test is being conducted to evaluate the potential of a more permanent Crossplay solution in the future to allow Windows 10 and Xbox One gamers to play together in Versus outside of Private Matches.

Crossplay is divisive in any Versus experience, and Gears of War 4 is no different. From the beginning, we stated our intention to keep both platforms separate in non-cooperative game modes in order to preserve competitive balance. Conserving a fair, competitive environment remains a top priority for us.

The purpose of this weekend is to give Crossplay a trial run in a public playlist. We care deeply about players on both platforms and we’ve heard you, so our goal is to use this event to bring in a ton of data and listen to feedback from players on both platforms to examine the results.

What comes next after this hasn’t been decided – this weekend is an incredibly important first step in this process. Once we use the combination of our data and your feedback together, we’ll be able to make an informed next step (or not as the case may be). The key thing we want to stress is that we won’t be making any surprise changes all of a sudden based on this weekend.

We need as many of you to participate as possible to make this a truly effective test. As a thank you for participating, we’ve increased the win / loss XP for match completion and allowi squads of up to 5 players into this Social style playlist. Some of you may play this weekend and never match with another PC gamer. Others will. If you do, we’d truly appreciate your feedback.

The settings for this test are as follows:

Playlist Settings
PC and Xbox players can matchmake together in this special Versus Playlist from Friday December 2nd - Monday December 5th.

Playlist Type: Social
Modes: Team Deathmatch, Dodgeball, King of the Hill
Maps: All (including Checkout and Dry Dock)
Win XP: 1500 (up from 600)
Loss XP: 750 (up from 100)
Maximum Squad Size: 5

If you match with players on another platform, please do let us know your feedback by posting in this thread. Please tell us the Platform you play on and how you felt about the gameplay experience.

Even if you haven’t been in a match in Crossplay, we still want to hear your voice. Let us know your concerns or hopes for Crossplay Versus in this thread along with which platform you primarily play on.

Thank you in advance for your feedback and time to help us perform this special test.

The Coalition

Tinúviel

I finally bought the game yesterday for PC.This is one of the best looking game out there since we are almost finished 3rd year of this gen imo Unreal 4 is a bit late to the party more AAA titles needs to use this engine and for Gears 4 maxed out (GTX1070/1440p) settings runs like butter i believe we didn't saw this kind of optimization in quite a long time.In prologue some of the scenes almost looks like pre-rendered and the general atmosphere is so great.

I really love Gears series especially Gears 2 recently finished UE.Prologue brings so many good memories and the new characters are cool.Coalition really knows their stuff.

Volimar

Ignored so much versus stuff that I just recently realized there was a coop vs. AI option. And Bounties work for em! Yay!

Hey guys, I've been trying to play the Campaign co-op (online) with a friend but we couldn't connect to each other match. I can see him on my team (and vice versa), but as soon as the match starts, he is kicked from my game.

We've tried a lot of workarounds (IP6, firewall, DNS, DMZ) but nothing worked for us. Are we missing something?

The spawn camping in this game is the worst I've ever experienced. I didn't think it could get worse than Modern Warfare but it has been topped imo.

I think the sheer fact that they encourage it through the map setups is the biggest head scratcher. Sure, you get spawn protection but it only lasts long enough for you to exit the long narrow corridor of your spawn. So by the time you actually get into the actual main area the other team is already set up and waiting for you and you have zero cover whatsoever.

Smart stuff.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just beat the game last night with my boyfriend (split screen coop on PC, I was logged in as a "guest"). Played on Hardcore.

Sorry if it's been said before as I'm not going to read all 82 pages, but...

- Is there split-screen coop for Horde on PC? Preliminary Google searches indicate that no, but I'm hoping that's wrong and there's some way to make it work. 'Cause seriously, that sucks. I really enjoyed playing Horde with him in Gears 2 and 3 on the 360, and apparently there IS split screen coop for Horde on the XOne? :S Ridiculous. Any plans on a patch for that?

- That ending.... errrrr wut.
Ridiculously anti-climatic + cliffhanger. What total shite. Not that the endings of the past games were all that great but they felt more like actual endings, at least. This is just so abrupt and WTF.

- The campaign overall was fun, but the gimmick sections like windflare etc. are as obnoxious as ever, if not more so. I wish they'd get rid of that. Sure I get trying to mix things up a bit, but they aren't doing it right IMO. The only part I kind of enjoyed was
riding the big mechas
at the end. And some of the checkpoint placement is really annoying. Having to re-do some slow-walk sections (why is this still a thing, grrr) or re-hear dialogue after getting instantly OHKO'd from a dropshot gets old, I tell ya.

since the server update its impossible for me to play. i get kicked out with the 'riad' error after about 3min which says ive been disconnected from xbl. there is nothing wrong with my connection, i used to get this only in social quick match but now i get it in every playlist.

fix this shit

Just found out the hard way that Guardian doesn't have spawn protection. What was the rationale there? The other team just ran to our spawn with their Guardian camped out in theirs so we couldn't switch and they literally stood right behind where we spawn and blew us away every time we spawned.

Volimar

Tinúviel;226120569 said:

Neat.

Added support for First Win of the Day bonuses for Versus. Your first win in Versus Multiplayer will now grant an additional 1000 XP and 100 Credits.

Added support for Daily Rewards, a new system that allows us to grant Bounties or other types of Cards as a gift on login. Daily Rewards will not be available on December 6th when this Title Update launches, but we’re planning to introduce them in the near future. We’ll share details on the Daily Reward system soon.

Loomba

• Audio levels for friendly footsteps have been reduced, and enemy footstep audio levels have been increased to make them slightly louder than friendlies. DeeBee ‘joint’ movement noise has been reduced to make them audibly on par with other characters.
  • Power weapon pickups are now prioritized over ammo pickups
Awesome

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Man, the rankings are very volatile. Maybe it's just me. I went from Bronze 3 to Onyx 3 in a very short time. Now I'm back to Gold 1. My win ratio (~63%) and kdr (~1.35) have stayed relatively constant throughout this period (only play TDM).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wish I was home to put this to download already - so good, especially with them fixing the audio for the footsteps.

That was my single problem with the game, awwwww yes.

malfcn

Grenade sounds and explosion are still random.

Bodied a few peeps with gnasher and no hits rewarded.

On Speyer they fire 3 rockets and get 3 kills. I got someone with 3 rockets and they waltz away.

i can't play the fukin game!!! the update has done fuck all. is there a cog employee here?? fix this shit please, i just get the error saying ive been disconnected from xbl but there is nothing wrong with my connection

In story mode, those pods are more fun to burst than bubble wrap. I waste almost all my ammo on them :D
I like the new maps. Nice and bright. I need practice on them though. Got smashed pretty hard earlier tonight playing them.

my friend was playing yesterday and when he joined a game he was this guy for no reason

15326428_666484996862778_7688784195853633418_n.jpg

is crossplay still on? I'm thinking this was a PC mod skin or something official

my friend was playing yesterday and when he joined a game he was this guy for no reason

15326428_666484996862778_7688784195853633418_n.jpg

is crossplay still on? I'm thinking this was a PC mod skin or something official

Did he happen to nab a few of the new packs before the update hit? Apparently the new card packs ( think they are officially out next week ) hit early, just as the update came out. People managed to nab a few for 100 coins each ( rumours are they will cost 1000 coins ) and people are now rocking the new skins before everyone else. The packs were quickly taken down not long after.

Did he happen to nab a few of the new packs before the update hit? Apparently the new card packs ( think they are officially out next week ) hit early, just as the update came out. People managed to nab a few for 100 coins each ( rumours are they will cost 1000 coins ) and people are now rocking the new skins before everyone else. The packs were quickly taken down not long after.

He didn't, I think it must have been a glitch or something.

Looks like new skins. Thats good news. I wanna see the return of Dizzy, the bearded guy with the cigar in his mouth, young Anya and Sam, Queen Myrrah and the Locust Cyclops.
Hopefully they'll give us a classic skin pack eventually.

My campaign save is lost! Nowhere to be found is this a bug? Just played the other day and all was good :(

Do games automatically save to the cloud as well as on the console? Maybe you can get it from there, if it got deleted locally?

so are going to end up with like 30 COG DLC skins and no Swarm characters to balance it out? the fact that swarm dont have bounties either is dumb.

Top Bottom