• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Man...it is taking so long to download this game onto my Xbox LOL

I have an 80Mbps internet speed, but it's been an hour and a 40 minutes and it's only at 30%.

Anyone have any idea if a friend and I will be able to play this tonight off one digital Ultimate Edition? I'm out of town visiting him and brought my Xbox. Me on his Xbox and him on mine, both connected to the internet.

I'm pretty sure that will work, but only after the game is officially released on the 10th.

Anyone have any idea if a friend and I will be able to play this tonight off one digital Ultimate Edition? I'm out of town visiting him and brought my Xbox. Me on his Xbox and him on mine, both connected to the internet.

I'm pretty sure that will work, but only after the game is officially released on the 10th.

I'm planning on doing this exact method tomorrow. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but who knows.

I'm planning on doing this exact method tomorrow. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but who knows.

Well the only things on the HDD are the game itself and the preorder skin pack. If the season pass and early access are flags applied to the account, those things probably won't extend to me playing on his Xbox without owning the game myself.

I am planning on buying my own copy, but I'm a bit short on being able to get the Ultimate Edition and want to avoid having to contact support to cancel and re-purchase later.

tuna_love

Banned
Well the only things on the HDD are the game itself and the preorder skin pack. If the season pass and early access are flags applied to the account, those things probably won't extend to me playing on his Xbox without owning the game myself.

I am planning on buying my own copy, but I'm a bit short on being able to get the Ultimate Edition and want to avoid having to contact support to cancel and re-purchase later.
if you do the home console thing it should work, it worked for forza

Peterthumpa

Can I somehow share this game with another Microsoft account as a "family member", and ask for a friend of mine owner of this other account to download it so we can play the campaign together by purchasing it only once?

I think I read that the UE comes with all the previous Gears games if you preordered it.

Is that right? I pre-ordered the game on Tuesday night and got a code for an Operations Gear Pack, but haven't received any codes for the other games.

Are the codes sent after release or should I contact MS support?

I pre-ordered the UE last night through the Windows 10 Store and I don't think I'm getting it.

How does mulitplayer progression work? Are you unlocking new weapon skins, weapons, character skins, clothing, weapon mods, perks, what is it?
I haven't played Gears multi since GoW1 and I think I remember it was very limited, you probably didn't even get to choose your loadout and had to find weapons on the map? Just wondering how this one works.

If the season pass had any single player content then I probably would have upgraded so I could play this weekend. Instead I'll stick to the normal version and spend the £30 on Recore. I just never enjoyed Gears multiplayer enough to pay that much for some maps.

Do we know if they intend to do story content dlc further down the line? I liked the Gears 3 extra missions.

I think I read that the UE comes with all the previous Gears games if you preordered it.

Is that right? I pre-ordered the game on Tuesday night and got a code for an Operations Gear Pack, but haven't received any codes for the other games.

All copies purchased before the end of the year come with the previous games, not just the UE. Unfortunately it can take up to a month for codes to be issued after purchase so it's not a good tactic for those who want to catch up on the series first.

I pre-ordered the UE last night through the Windows 10 Store and I don't think I'm getting it.

Seems odd that you wouldn't with the play anywhere business. I'm pretty certain I preordered it from xbox.com.

Guess I'll send them a note to see if I can get them to send me some codes.

All copies purchased before the end of the year come with the previous games, not just the UE. Unfortunately it can take up to a month for codes to be issued after purchase so it's not a good tactic for those who want to catch up on the series first.

Ah, good to know. Crazy that it can take so long.

I've played all the old games, but I'd like to have them in my library anyway.

Thanks for the responses.

Well I think I'm done tinkering with the benchmark. Off to bed to get ready for the campaign tomorrow.

Runs great on my 980Ti though. Locked 60fps at 1600p with 10% dynamic scaling. We will see how it performs in game!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
How does mulitplayer progression work? Are you unlocking new weapon skins, weapons, character skins, clothing, weapon mods, perks, what is it?
I haven't played Gears multi since GoW1 and I think I remember it was very limited, you probably didn't even get to choose your loadout and had to find weapons on the map? Just wondering how this one works.

same thing really. you can choose between a few different weapons at the start of the round but you'll still need to pick up the power weapons like snipers.

As far as progression goes you have xp and a rank and you get points that you buy card packs with. You can destroy cards for scrap and use that to buy a specific things if you want so it's not all just random bs you can work towards something you want.

The codes come out before the game is released as I received mine a few days ago.

From my past experience with Gears codes for both the Ultimate Editions of Gears 1 and 4 it took 3 - 5 days after buying the game to get the codes. I wouldn't contact them quite yet as I might take a few more days. If you don't get them by Monday or Tuesday then I would consider it.

Moofers

The little bit of the game I've played has been AWESOME so far. But....

I'm really not a fan of getting kicked out of my paused, solo, Private Match Horde game because I was "idling" while I took a short break to eat. Not looking forward to having to babysit a 50-round Horde game lest I be kicked out of it by a fucking machine.
Whooaaaa that really sucks. Not a fan of this at all.

Same for me I might not even finish before midnight

Yeah, I'm on 43%. I calculated that at the rate I'm going, it'll be 1am before it's done.

Yeesh, I thought Microsoft could have bolstered their server performance. It's been a year since I've used their servers for downloading a game.

Do you get codes for the BC collection or do they appear in your queue? Pre-ordered last week and haven't seen or gotten anything. Thank you

If you bought it on Xbox One, they will give you codes in your messages from Xbox Live. Gears 1 & 2 in message #1 and Gears 3 and Judgment in message #2.

Gibran7

So when it says get started and it's still downloading, does anyone know if it's multi that's available to play or part of campaign?

Yeah, I'm on 43%. I calculated that at the rate I'm going, it'll be 1am before it's done.

Yeesh, I thought Microsoft could have bolstered their server performance. It's been a year since I've used their servers for downloading a game.

Mine just jumped to full speed and has been there for 5 minutes now. Fingers crossed

Hawk269

Any impressions of HDR in Gears 4? Just got a new HDR 4k Set and just started unpacking the TV, so would like to hear any impressions in how the HDR is implemented in this game.

Top Bottom