• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Novocaine

Does Horde mode scale in difficulty depending on how many players are playing?

Damn, my friend from China has nearly finished the campaign while I'm still waiting for my peasant version to be unlocked...

I feel your pain.

Mine unlocked last night. I finished work at 2am, then started at 1pm today. I finish at 10pm and I'm back in at 10am tomorrow.

Might as well have not bought the UE because I can't even play it :(

I got a couple of hours in last night, I'm paying for it today though.

Mifec

Failed to retrieve players customization.

m8 I didn't just spend 10 million years opening your slow boxes for this T_T

dreamfall

So are customization options stored on the cloud or something? Can't pick my characters or load outs because it's failing to retrieve the setting.

THESE WAIT TIMES! JUST WANT TO DODGEBALL

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hey, at least you guys are playing. Mine just launches and I get a black screen.

Edit: Just came up. That was a long load to the title screen.

Anyone have any idea if a friend and I will be able to play this tonight off one digital Ultimate Edition? I'm out of town visiting him and brought my Xbox. Me on his Xbox and him on mine, both connected to the internet.

I'm pretty sure that will work, but only after the game is officially released on the 10th.

I'm planning on doing this exact method tomorrow. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but who knows.

if you do the home console thing it should work, it worked for forza

It works. Got both consoles running the game, with us playing on eachother's machine's, and only he owns the game.

Kinda don't feel so bad about downloading so late with all the connection issues. My main group is sitting in the menus hoping to connect to a game lmao.

"WHOO! DIG IN BABY', GOIN' INTO OVERTIME"

Since Xbox One controller works natively on PC, I tried the X360 controller but it isn't getting recognized. Any of you facing this issue? Will connect DS4 later to try it out as well. Guys, also check out whether it's unlocked on X1 too.

Also, if I'm understanding this right, we can boot up both versions (just not simultaneously) and our stats/rank progression will be the same right? I mean, for MP you'd obviously HAVE to play on X1 due to the playerbase.

RedStep

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog/8/gearsofwar4perfguide

If you are on PC, check out our PC performance guide built by our PC team here at The Coalition. They really killed it on the PC version. Super proud of how awesome these guys.

PezRadar - Can you explain why Private Matches in Horde both require a connection to a server and kick you out if you pause/idle for too long? We keep getting responses that it uses dedicated servers, but why? It's a single-player mode.

"Oh, you can invite friends/switch party leaders/etc" is not a good reason, especially when we want to play offline without those features. I don't think I've ever seen a single-player mode that kicks you out of your game (and presumably loses your bounties/etc) for pausing to take a break.

daman824

Does anyone know if I could head over to Walmart at midnight and buy a physical copy of the ultimate edition? Or am I sol unless I go digital?

Was hoping to hold out till Tuesday. But seeing everyone else here talking about playing early is making me cave

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
PezRadar - Can you explain why Private Matches in Horde both require a connection to a server and kick you out if you pause/idle for too long? We keep getting responses that it uses dedicated servers, but why? It's a single-player mode.

"Oh, you can invite friends/switch party leaders/etc" is not a good reason, especially when we want to play offline without those features. I don't think I've ever seen a single-player mode that kicks you out of your game (and presumably loses your bounties/etc) for pausing to take a break.

Horde is online through dedicated servers. If a host player leaves, this allows for players to continue and for others to jump in if needed.

The break time may be adjusted in the future. We are gathering feedback on that. We can't people on forever as they would weigh down on servers with forever idles but I believe we were already talking internally on kicking that up in the future.

Does the Season Pass not show up if you check "Manage Game" under "My games and apps" on Xbone? Just want to make sure it actually accepted my code lol

Edit: If you check in the Store it says "Owned" so that is a way to confirm!

JambiBum

Horde is online through dedicated servers. If a host player leaves, this allows for players to continue and for others to jump in if needed.

The break time may be adjusted in the future. We are gathering feedback on that. We can't people on forever as they would weigh down on servers with forever idles but I believe we were already talking internally on kicking that up in the future.
Hey, do you have any word about customization not working correctly right now? My friend and I (and others) just get an error.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Been looking at a few MP streams and man, some of these skins...what the hell. The weapons are so ugly, lol.

Xamdou

Gears got dedicated servers?

Also got a freebie Gears 4 beanie and bag from my local Bestbuy midnight release launch!

Top Bottom