• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Nori Chan

At the end of Act 3 - calling it a night until the morning. Game is fantastic and I can't wait to finished Act 3 and see what the rest of the game has in store. I'm most tinteguied to see if there are any connection to the Locust and the Swarm, I feel there has to be.

Okay I see them now.

Someone said to not look at the customization screen until after finishing the campaign so I was cautious of checking.
Yeah I shouldn't. Had one person spoiled for me which I wouldn't have known that that one person was tbeee because of it lol

I claimed my season pass code (physical copy) but it doesn't show on the list of add-ons on the "manage game" screen the way Titanfall's does. Is that normal or am I fucked?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Seems so far that this game has the same Gear Ultimate problem:

quitters and 4 vs 5 on game start. =/

yep this is basically every game someone will quit. They really need to open up some bot fill playlists for teams bigger than 2 so I don't have to play core modes and put up with this

MarveI

I claimed my season pass code (physical copy) but it doesn't show on the list of add-ons on the "manage game" screen the way Titanfall's does. Is that normal or am I fucked?

That's normal. You have it.
To check, go to game, main menu select store click a couple times on RB you'll see that it says ''you already own the season pass''.

Not sure why the game starts with a team with one or 2 or more less players, they should add a bot at least.

yeah a csgo bot like system where you can take the bot when you die would be nice... I'm doubting that won't ever happen because AI seems to slow the framerate in the game.

My normal edition copy came yesterday. I sold it as I want digital so I can try it on PC tonight. I go to buy it and realize, unless I buy ultimate edition (Might be worth it as game looks awesome), I can't play this weekend. Herp derp I am dumb.

Always the same shit with big multiplayer game launches lol.

Luckily I'm still playing the campaign which so far is fantastic. Hopefully it's settled down by the time I hit multi.

Now If only I could figure out why the game locks up occasionally and I have to force restart. Anyone else had this problem? (on PC)

Dubz

Always the same shit with big multiplayer game launches lol.

Luckily I'm still playing the campaign which so far is fantastic. Hopefully it's settled down by the time I hit multi.

Now If only I could figure out why the game locks up occasionally and I have to force restart. Anyone else had this problem? (on PC)

This game is a big mp game, but there's probably only a tenth of the players playing this early access as compared to what there will be at launch.

I for one am disappointed because I have yet to even connect to a match.

EDIT: connecting to a match now:)

newsguy

So I jumped on the PC version today after kicking off on the console. 2 ovservations: multiplayer on PC is brutal if you are using a controller. Getting raped online there. The other thing is that this game looks beautiful on a good rig. I'm running everything ultra at 1440p and gsync. It runs so well. So I'll need to do horde and campaign on pc and pvp on the xbone.

Bsigg12

What is your issue? Maybe someone around here can help. However, I will say if Gears 4 was on Steam as well....it would of sold like hot cakes imo.

No matter what I try, I can't install games to my non C: drive.

Ever since the Anniversary update it has been broken for me. Quantum Break, Forza Apex and KI installed just fine but with Forza Horizon 3, Halo 5 Forge and now this, I just get errors.

N7.Angel

No, you paid this money for the season pass, mainly. Stop bitching, today is just the first day after release for God's sake.

What the hell do you want for the servers acting up a little on launch day? Free season pass? Don't be so entitled.

Yes, I paid for the Season Pass AND the EARLY ACCESS... I think Coalition should give us some MP packs to compensate the time we have lost.

Then they should really works of what's wrong with the MP, I hope Coalition will talk about why they haven't fixed what they have promised post beta like the shooting delay or the sound problems and about what's wrong with some of their general ideas for the MP like locking Quickplay for 2 people only, the removal of rolling lobbies etc...

Alright, so after 41 matches played and hitting level 28 I finally have enough credits for an elite pack. That's counting all the credit bonuses for leveling up and the 600 they started us with.

It's so bad lol.

oo7

Alright, so after 41 matches played and hitting level 28 I finally have enough credits for an elite pack. That's counting all the credit bonuses for leveling up and the 600 they started us with.

It's so bad lol.

Or they could just make you pay for skins with no other option of unlocking them.

MattyG

Banned
Just finished. It was a very sudden ending when it happened, but I'm kind of okay with it being sudden. The build up to it makes sense when I look back at it, and I should've realized it was about to end. That was a fantastic campaign though, probably my favorite. I need to talk to someone about that final scene though...

IS KAIT THE LOCUST QUEEN'S GRANDDAUGHTER OR SOMETHING? WHY WAS THE LOGO ON THE BACK OF THE PENDANT. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

BajiBoxer

Banned
I truly hate the Windows Store. What a steaming pile of shit.

Agreed 100%. Was never able to preload, and after letting it download for a couple hours I came back and the PC was hardlocked. Had to do a hard reboot, and now it's starting over again. Microsoft store can't handle shit that was perfected ages ago. It's frustrating that Microsoft can be such a garbage company, but not much to do other than keep trying, wait for a fix, or get a refund.

Top Bottom