• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Tecnniqe

Banned
I didn't even know they were doing retailer exclusives again. Eh.

Got my standard edition this morning in the post from Simply Games. Four days early isn't too shabby.

Eh the only ones worth that's exclusive that I want is Rockstar stuff, but I don't drink Rockstar and I won't purchase them just for a skin. Sends the wrong message :D

WHY IS THIS NOT A RED BULL THING!?

splattered

Are the retailer "exclusives" even full on exclusive or just early unlocks? I've unwrapped black walnut skins for other weapons for example... Because I got the best buy code does that really mean I'll have this skin and others that didn't buy from Amazon will never be able to obtain it?

3DShovel

That shitty feeling when you play a bunch, build up credits with this abysmal 10% XP -> Credit ratio, you buy an elite pack, and you get...

1 purple and the rest green.

What. The. Fuck.

Nokterian

Just played Horde 3.0 and i had a blast with a team did good sometimes but overal it is awesome also playing with xbox people is really cool.

Bought and preloaded for W10. Had some trouble starting the download, though.

Resetting the Windows store by executing "wsreset" in the command window did the trick.

3DShovel

WHAT.

"ERROR

You have been returned to the menu.

You have been kicked from the game."

SECOND ROUND KOTH. I HAD 60 KILLS.

Fuck this shit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hmm... Got kicked out of a Versus match with an error that I needed an active Xbox Live Gold sub to play online
on PC
. Mmmkay..

Kurumi

u0exSat.gif

Never gonna happen with this abysmal credits system

Oh no. Is the credits system that bad?

Installing now on XB1. When these 43.57 GB's are installed, can I play Campaign while I download this 11 gig patch? Or do I need that done too before I start?

Love the game.

My only disappointment is that you have to back out to the main menu after every game. I'm pretty sure before you could just stay in and the next game would load with the same players on a different map, filling in the gaps for anyone that left.

A tad frustrating considering the time it takes to get into a new game.

Raxus

Pretty bad if you want to earn skins.

The credits they give you is really meager.

To add insult to injury you get nothing for completing challenges (hard ones!) and the skin packs are worth 1k credits. The rare packs (aka the good ones) are 4k and have no bounties shitting things up either.

I have played horde (waves 1-50) and I only got 1k credits. Yeah you have to play a loooong time.

Did I mention the campaign does nothing to level you up and earn credits?

Their fee to pay model is pretty balls. AND ONE MORE THING. If you play horde the horde packs give you boosters to give you an advantage so you have to spend money on that as well.

Caayn

Wow, Horde gives next to no credits to use in the store. It's going to take ages to get enough for a single pack. I hope that the current payout system is bugged and gives players an incorrect low amount, because the current amount of credits that you get might as well be nothing.

Also I came across this in Horde on Reclaim. A care package dropped in the map but on a position where we couldn't access it.

Theorry

Love the game.

My only disappointment is that you have to back out to the main menu after every game. I'm pretty sure before you could just stay in and the next game would load with the same players on a different map, filling in the gaps for anyone that left.

A tad frustrating considering the time it takes to get into a new game.

Its because its ranked with ranking placement. You cant keep the server rolling because people get a different ranking after every game. In social play its keeps rolling.

Raxus

Wow, Horde gives next to no credits to use in the store. It's going to take ages to get enough for a single pack.

Also I came across this in Horde on Reclaim. A care package dropped in the map but on a position where we couldn't access it.

Isn't versus just as bad?

Theorry

Gears of War ‏@GearsofWar
We are currently deploying a services update to improve Gears of War 4 matchmaking. There may be brief disruptions as we deploy.

JB1981

Any PC players here have a tip for getting this file to downloaded thru Windows 10? I have been trying since last night in vain to get this to download. The file size keeps changing, or the download resets. Can't seem to get it to work and I'm getting frustrated. I've probably downloaded the whole game three times now

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Had just beat about 2 acts co-op in the campaign, made it all the way to 5-2, then got booted out. I actually thought the host booted me until I saw everyone was kicked from their games :p

Anyone else have crazy long load times on Horde mode?

I can play multiplayer no problem and campaign, but every time I load horde mode it takes 5 minutes or so to load. Then when it finally comes up someone has already quit.

Yes same here. It loads fine until the 'loading map' part and then just sits there for several minutes before it's done or either quits back to the main menu. Don't know if this is a cross play issue or not, I play on PC.

But what I've played of it is really cool. Played the previous Horde modes too death and this one improves on almost every aspect. Also cool to play with the XBO folks, this ensures the game won't die fast on PC.

MarveI

It's not bad. It's beyond bad. It's so bad I have no words other than ''welp guess I'll just have to forget about them''. To put it into perspective..to be able to get 5 cards and you're not even guaranteed a weapon skin mostly 4 lame xp boost cards (come on 2k xp ? XP boost cards are useless since you already get a fair amount playing) so you can open a dozen packs and barely get a weapon skin. To open the best pack in gears you would need to play at least 50 hours at the start and this will get progressively worse so after level 40 or something you're looking at at least 100 hours JUST TO OPEN 1 LAME PACK. Usually when I see microtransactions I go ''yeah not a fan but whatever doesn't bother me or anger me'' but Gears 4's credit system legit makes me pissed off. It's basically a ''F U'' to the gamers.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's not bad. It's beyond bad. It's so bad I have no words other than ''welp guess I'll just have to forget about them''. To put it into perspective..to be able to get 5 cards and you're not even guaranteed a weapon skin mostly 4 lame xp boost cards (come on 2k xp ? XP boost cards are useless since you already get a fair amount playing) so you can open a dozen packs and barely get a weapon skin. To open the best pack in gears you would need to play at least 50 hours at the start and this will get progressively worse so after level 40 or something you're looking at at least 100 hours JUST TO OPEN 1 LAME PACK. Usually when I see microtransactions I go ''yeah not a fan but whatever doesn't bother me or anger me'' but Gears 4's credit system legit makes me pissed off. It's basically a ''F U'' to the gamers.

angry-joe-give-me-mon66zid.gif

Anybody else with a launch xb1 having general performance issues? In campaign I'm getting 15-20 fps most of the time, and in MP it takes FOREVER when it gets to that "loading map" section of matchmaking. Like a solid minute just to load the map.

Probably gunna go upgrade to a One S today and hope it solves it.

Sorry if this has been asked before but is anyone else having trouble redeeming the 4 older Gears games? I've managed to get 2 and Judgement to work but I just get errors for 1 and 3. It can see what games they are and doesn't say that the codes have already been used.

Theorry

And if no one complains then the coalition is going to think this shit is acceptable. Keep bitching up a storm till they hear. Unacceptable in its current form.

I agree. People are adressing it. Here, Reddit and on the forums. I am sure they really know already what people think. But some are also abit overreacting in their posts. Wich doesnt really help.

Kurumi

WOW. Yeah that does sound terrible. Wth TC?

Santar

So apparently you can't play horde offline anymore, really disappointed by this :(
Why take away features from the previous games?

Xater

Not just that. Even if you want to pay real money (please don't support this) the prices are insane.

Yeah I was on board with the Gears Packs to fund the maps and stuff, but other games have done this without feeling this greedy. Overwatch would be my prime example. That game is balanced in the right way for it to be a nice progression, while making paying for something still desireable.

Even if they do balance the credit system, it most likely won't be retroactive. Going to be a bit tougher for people that already ranked up fast in the first place to earn credits than newcomers.

Theorry

Yeah I was on board with the Gears Packs to fund the maps and stuff, but other games have done this without feeling this greedy. Overwatch would be my prime example. That game is balanced in the right way for it to be a nice progression, while making paying for something still desireable.

I am sure they tweak it. Halo 5 was abit iffy also in the beginning. They tweaked some stuff and now people say its really good.

Even if they do balance the credit system, it most likely won't be retroactive. Going to be a bit tougher for people that already ranked up fast in the first place to earn credits than newcomers.

Well there is prestige. And with every prestige the ranking goes faster.

Spasm

You mean a list like this?

* All pre-orders come with the Brothers to the End Elite Gear Pack which includes: Tomorrow Anya, Old Man Marcus, Zombie Dom and Gold Wave Lancer and Gnasher
I couldn't find a Brothers to the End pack. My Amazon preorder code redeemed the "Warbird Gnasher Pre-Order Gear Pack" But it has everything from the BttE pack. Just fyi.

Theorry

Gears of War ‏@GearsofWar
Gears of War 4 services are rolling back online following our server side update. Thanks for your patience.

malfcn

I agree the credit system could use a little work. Getting 1 credit after a game stings.

Suggestions? I forget right now how much an elite pack costs, $4-5? So if minimum wage could afford one about once an hour, use some reasonable multiple. Say, every 5-10 hours enough credits should be earned.

Top Bottom