• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Ballistik

I am loving the game and I don't have much to complain with the multiplayer. Things that stand out....Hammerburst is really strong and I've been downing people easily long range. Boltok is really fun to get headshots with. Gnasher has felt really consistent, although sometimes I get kills where I don't even feel I deserved. It's kind of insane how fast paced the game is, 1 v 1 shotgun battles don't last at all, it's just too easy to land shots and kill others. I feel it has become a twitch shooter with how quick you have to be.

One thing that I'm concerned about is the ranking system. My friend already hit diamond in King of the hill and I don't think he's played that much or won that many games. I don't think you should rank up if you're not beating those that are higher ranked than you. He said it was too easy to hit the highest rank.

One other thing, is there website to check your MP stats? The Gears stats page is still up and shows you your stats for all the gears games up to Gears: UE, but no Gears 4.

Hardcore was tough enough for me, I can't imagine what insane is like.

You are going to have a bad time, that or I just suck at the campaign. Insane is well... insane. I gave it a go with a friend, it took us like 7 hours to get to Act 2 chapter 3. We took a break, it's ridiculous.

Jesus the team AI in this is just dumb as bricks.
I wish I could just tell them to follow me sometimes, it's making some of these encounters way more difficult than they should be.

Hammerburst is the secret top tier weapon no one uses. I'm picking people off across the map and get assist left and right.

Insane campaign in this game is so much harder than the other gears games because of the lack of down but not out. Took us like an hour and a half to get past act 0.

Where does this campaign rank with past games? Im not much of a competitive player id i love past Gears campaigns.
It's good. I hear it is little shorter than 1-3, but far better than Judgment. I'm about 80% through and am really enjoying it a lot.

My favorite campaigns are 1 and 3, I'd put this one right alongside gears 2 assuming the last 20% holds up.

I had a torrid time to begin with, but I'm starting to get back into the flow of things. I've only played by myself though, so I'm at the mercy of my matchmaking system.

It's tough out there. The standard of play is fairly high too, though I expect it to drop next week as new players get in on the action.

I think the enforcer is absolutely killer when used correctly, particularly with an active.

It's good. I hear it is little shorter than 1-3, but far better than Judgment. I'm about 80% through and am really enjoying it a lot.

My favorite campaigns are 1 and 3, I'd put this one right alongside gears 2 assuming the last 20% holds up.

Thanks. For me personally i don't think there was a bad Gears game, so as long as its up there with the rest or even better than some, i'm perfectly ok with that. Its exciting that this is kicking off a new trilogy too.

Kalentan

Some players are really boneheaded. They had a player clear in their sights to use their Lancer and win the round. Instead they were trying to kill them with the Gnasher at range. Didn't work and they died.

Edit: Had 2 players in my Warzone match never get a single kill. Jesus. Not even downs. Nothing.

xRaizen

Where does this campaign rank with past games? Im not much of a competitive player id i love past Gears campaigns.
Honestly? A MUCH better start to a new trilogy than what Halo 4 did. The story itself is decent enough, and squad banter is pretty good at some parts.

It does drag on a bit though (Act 3 and some of 4). Overall it's pretty good and the final act was great.

I love the lack of respect when I down a guy and we're all alive just for the lowest guy on the scoreboard to take my execution from me. Bravo you filth.

Honestly? A MUCH better start to a new trilogy than what Halo 4 did. The story itself is decent enough, and squad banter is pretty good at some parts.

It does drag on a bit though (Act 3 and some of 4). Overall it's pretty good and the final act was great.

I cant wait. I love that gears is back. I think the 60fps competitive may actually draw me back in, so this is going to be one hell of a package. I played allot of 3 multiplayer and some of 1. Mostly because it was the new hot thing. But 3 really nailed it for me.

DJ Gunner

Where the hell is the option to set your default loadout? I cannot find it and have to remember to switch at the beginning of every match.

A few days ago i bought a msi 1080 on amazon.
They gave a code to redeem on nvidia site.
But it's for paragon, and they said it is for gow4...
Anyone has the same problem?

Grisby

Think I'm just gonna stay in social playlist. Don't really care about rank and being able to move from game to game (and the mode might be different each time) is just too good.

Got it downloading! Can't wait to play it. Question, if I pause it on W10 and turn off my PC, will it resume when I turn it back on in the morning? Or will I have to start again?

Nere

Got it downloading! Can't wait to play it. Question, if I pause it on W10 and turn off my PC, will it resume when I turn it back on in the morning? Or will I have to start again?

When I restarted my computer I got an error and had to download the whole game again I wouldn't suggest you doing that...

nOoblet16

I've set up a discord channel for both xbox and pc players for general discussion and LFG.

How do I post a link that is only visible to members?

So much of this game is on point and great, but man the progression/unlock system is a stinker.

No skins for achievements, beating campaign, etc, and loot boxes are wayyyy too expensive.

On top of that, so many of the unlockable weapon skins are just plain ugly. Certainly not very compelling once you get a couple that you like.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Y'all think this is a good jumping in point for someone gameplay wise who is only familiar with the story?

nOoblet16

Played core TDM and had Gridlock for 4 games in a row, change of map for a game and then it's back to Gridlock. Wut?

I don't like Gridlock, it's over presence in Gears games has saturated the map for me. I'd rather have River, Checkout, Fuel Depot, Pavilion and Hotel.

Top Bottom