• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Out of curiosity, should the outer stick deadzone also be set to 0? I have it set to the absolute minimum before zero in Halo 5, and I was curious if I should do the same here. It works really well for me in that game, and I figured it'd help in Gears 4 as well whenever I play versus on Xbox (sticking to PC for the most part). I've turned acceleration down to about 5 as well, and that's helped a lot. Had it set to 0 briefly, but that it was weird playing on a controller with zero aim acceleration.
I have it set to 0, default. For me, I think it would screw with my aim to shorten the distance to outside deadzone. It's great to have these choices as everyone is different. Im very impressed with the elite and these gears controller settings.

Mechazawa

Can anybody chime in on whether or not all the characters are unlocked?

Don't really care how long skin variations take to unlock, as long as I get to play as Carmine/evil robot thing off the bat.

I have it pre-loaded on my PC and X1.

Thanks again to the posters who walked me through the steps on how to achieve this. So cool I can play co-op with one copy on two devices. :D

The campaign has a few derpy moments, but it's always good fun. It's got such a good pace to it. The story is quite enjoyable--possibly the most enjoyable of all of them to me.

This campaign is probably my second favorite next to OG Gears 1.

I'm about ready to say fuck this game.

Every match is a 5-0 or 5-1 blowout.

You are constantly getting shot in the back by shotguns. Everyone makes zero noise when moving around and the maps are designed to pinch players so they get fucked.

Gears 3 was a much better game.

This game is an absolute mess.

Point blanking people multiple times only for it to tell me I'm doing like 3% in 2 shots.

Game is disappointing me more and more at every turn.

Yikes. Very unfortunate

Don't really care how long skin variations take to unlock, as long as I get to play as Carmine/evil robot thing off the bat.

No all characters are not unlocked. You have to roll the dice to see who you get.

scoobs

I'm about ready to say fuck this game.

Every match is a 5-0 or 5-1 blowout.

You are constantly getting shot in the back by shotguns. Everyone makes zero noise when moving around and the maps are designed to pinch players so they get fucked.

Gears 3 was a much better game.

Welcome to Gears multiplayer, its always been like this. Some people like it apparently, but its unplayable garbage to me.

Welcome to Gears multiplayer, its always been like this. Some people like it apparently, but its unplayable garbage to me.

If you are getting shot gunned in the back over and over you aren't playing correctly, are repetitively unaware of your surroundings, and repeatedly not learning from your mistakes.

The things people will say when they suck at a game...It's okay to suck, but it's ridiculous to blame the game for these issues.

Theorry

Credits changes incoming.

SOTkhXi.jpg

Ronny93

After reading some reviews and impressions and watching streams I preordered this game on the Singapore Store for a discount with preorder bonus (skin bundle). My first preorder in a looooong time. Now hyped as fuck for release! Thanks for the great impressions GAF! I wasted my youth with the first parts on XBOX 360.

Theorry

After reading some reviews and impressions and watching streams I preordered this game on the Singapore Store for a discount with preorder bonus (skin bundle). My first preorder in a looooong time. Now hyped as fuck for release! Thanks for the great impressions GAF! I wasted my youth with the first parts on XBOX 360.

And you can play already in 7.5 hours. :p
Singapore store is life.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I fucking love this game. Surprised how much I'm loving the Versus modes, and I'm not too terrible either. I actually get kills/downs, and the games I've played haven't been shotgun fests. Horde feels great too. Fucking keep dying on wave 20 (Hardcore) though! Shit is tough. This game runs like an absolute dream on my rig.

This kinda feels like my surprise hit of the year, did not expect much out of this game at all, but I'm loving it so far after putting close to 8-9 hours on it.

aBarreras

yes please, i love the game but the credits are so freaking messed up, i want my female E'day gear goddammit.

they messed up that, characters should be unlock via leveling up, and the skins should be the ones that you obtain from the packs.

aBarreras

Instead of 1 you get 2!

Can't wait to see what they do.

well since you can get 50 credits if you play good enough, getting 100 per match, wouldnt be that bad.

mmmmm wait... you'll need 40 good matches to buy an elite pack, fuck this shit!

also we need packs for winning a daily match, or getting 100 medals or something, i mean c'mon, halo 5 gives you packs practically for everything

Theorry

well since you can get 50 credits if you play good enough, getting 100 per match, wouldnt be that bad.

mmmmm wait... you'll need 40 good matches to buy an elite pack, fuck this shit!

also we need packs for winning a daily match, or getting 100 medals or something, i mean c'mon, halo 5 gives you packs practically for everything

You get also credits for leveling. Maybe they need to change that you got some from every level instead of 5 levels. Maybe 500 for each level is nice. Or maybe thats abit to much.

Xater

You get also credits for leveling. Maybe they need to change that you got some from every level instead of 5 levels. Maybe 500 for each level is nice. Or maybe thats abit to much.

Which would still mean you only get 5000 after 10 levels. That's a single Elite pack.

People absolutely do not respect the Hammerburst enough. I suspect that will change pretty soon though once people catch on to how powerful it really is.

Also pretty good in Horde, if you wan to hang back but not snipe.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's good that changes are coming, but I am also not super optimistic. We will see I guess. It's the only major issue I have with the game.
Well yes. They said bounties are your friend and 1-50 any difficulty gives what, 200 creds >.>
I think 200 or something each level would be nice. 500 is not much when you talk 5 levels later on...

It's going to be interesting to see how they fix it, as there clearly was some fee to play taken into consideration placing it there to begin with.

aBarreras

it depends if we can restart the level, i think 500 for 5 levels, and 1000 for 10 levels would be nice, in total you would receive 1500 credits every ten levels.

Theorry

it depends if we can restart the level, i think 500 for 5 levels, and 1000 for 10 levels would be nice, in total you would receive 1500 credits every ten levels.

There is prestige yeah. 10 times. And leveling goes faster everytime. So they need to think about that to. If they overdue it people wll get crazy credits then later in the game.

Xater

Another good solution would be to just hand out a pack in addition to the 500 credits you get every 5 levels. Doesn't have to be an Elite pack but at least an Operations one.

There is prestige yeah. 10 times. And leveling goes faster everytime. So they need to think about that to. If they overdue it people wll get crazy credits then later in the game.

How does leveling accelerate? Is it not the same curve after you prestige?

I guess a lot don't know this yet, but you can deconstruct any skins, characters, bounties that are not pre-order bonuses or exclusives and build any character, skin, or bounty you want. I figured this out on day 1 and have been constructing the verses bounty cards for 3000 XP per match that I get 1500 XP in. I'm at 37, almost 38 level because of those. I got lucky with my previous order packs and got 2 characters I'm happy with, Ninja DB and Armored Cole train. I constructed the swarm pod gnasher because it looks sooooooooooo hott! That highway Lancer, been eyeballing. :)

Also, regarding the credit amounts, you get 500 credits from ranking up after a while. I got 500 at 30 and 500 at ?35, I believe. Glad they are going to award more per match, but I think the idea was to get people to keep trying to rank to make it relevant for those that don't care, at least you'll get 500 credits put of it.

It better be a serious change. Halo 5's current rate of buying a gold pack every 3-4 games is perfect. I played Gears 4 all weekend and still can't buy one of the packs that's all customizations. A minor bump won't cut it, I just don't understand who thought the existing system would be fine.

Theorry

Another good solution would be to just hand out a pack in addition to the 500 credits you get every 5 levels. Doesn't have to be an Elite pack but at least an Operations one.

How does leveling accelerate? Is it not the same curve after you prestige?

No its faster. Like every prestige kind of thing in games. Not sure how much faster.

Xater

Does anyone know what the max level is for these skill cards?

I guess a lot don't know this yet, but you can deconstruct any skins, characters, bounties that are not pre-order bonuses or exclusives and build any character, skin, or bounty you want. I figured this out on day 1 and have been constructing the verses bounty cards for 3000 XP per match that I get 1500 XP in. I'm at 37, almost 38 level because of those. I got lucky with my previous order packs and got 2 characters I'm happy with, Ninja DB and Armored Cole train. I constructed the swarm pod gnasher because it looks sooooooooooo hott! That highway Lancer, been eyeballing. :)

I know, but deconstructing garbage cards nets you like 5 scrap. Wow so generous. Giving you a fifth of it's actual value is also garbage.

Man, this hit detection is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm a KOTH player, and gnasher duels are the name of the game. But when I'm firing blanks at point blank and then getting pasted, the only thing going through my head is "I won that fight, but because the devs fucked up, my opponent won, too."

This isn't Gears Ultimate levels of bad, but it's still extremely frustrating. I shot a guy I downed twice with a gnasher aimed right at his head, and he just sat there. I felt embarrassed for TC.

Kordelle

It happens in the other modes sometimes, even if you join before the match starts. Dunno why.
only one Social playlist still makes no sense to me.

Why do I sometimes get a random character and not the one I actually chose in multi?
I've had the same thing happen a couple times. Those are usually the matches where I'm shooting blanks. I imagine they are still adjusting servers and such. I kind of expected early access folks would be test mice. I'm giving them a week after official launch before I start posting on official forums with complaints. Everything works great for me 85% of the time. That 15% will test patients, however.

Anyone notice that it seems it falls back to an alternate p2p host based system once in a while? There's been a couple times I've seen gamertag names listed in the background, behind the blue/red tag score lists. Gears1UE would show same thing when using p2p instead of dedicated. Funny thing was my gnasher only worked every other round like it was switching host side every round. 1st round, my team ran through the other like butter. 2nd round they ran through us like butter and our gnashers stopped working. 3rd round, our gnashers was butter again and we wiped the floor with them.

Changing the camera speed to 20 or higher levels up your skill tremendously. I almost look pro doing some wall bouncing into some quick 180 camera turn gnasher kills. I left aiming speed at default but I recommend messing with camera speed.

Top Bottom