• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

I had a strange problem with the preload on Windows 10.

Yesterday it said the GOW4 size was 73 GB and it had download 40 GB of it.
Then I turn off the PC for the night and I resume the download again.
Now it says that the size is 41 GB and it says it has downloaded 16 GB of it.

Did I mess up anything ? Did it happen to anybody else ?

nOoblet16

Stop using Lancer, switch to Hammerburst instead.

Also start using the enforcer for taking out enemies just outside shotgun range.

Stop using Lancer, it's trash.

Taurus

Question about the nVidia Gears of War 4 code campaign:

If I get the code for PC, does it mean I can play on Xbox One too? Play Anywhere etc.?

Stop using Lancer, switch to Hammer burst instead.

Also start using the enforcer for taking out enemies just outside shotgun range.

Yeah this. I hate the Burst but I had to switch to it to save my ass a lot of times since the damn Lancers just seem to give the enemies a massage.

nOoblet16

The EMBAR is basically a tougher Longshot, only headshots can kill from full health, no actual scope, strict time restriction on shot, a charge delay.

But it's a lot of fun to use still.

pitchfork

The EMBAR is basically a tougher Longshot, only headshots can kill from full health, no actual scope, strict time restriction on shot, a charge delay.

Took me a while to get used to it - kept overcharging - but really like it now

Good to hear they're upping the credit payout. Maybe they could give UE owners a double boost for a week or something?

Raxus

Stop using Lancer, switch to Hammerburst instead.

Is there a way to change default weapons? I am usually stuck with the garbage that is the Lancer and have to respawn to change it.

nOoblet16

I kinda wish there were more maps with two longshots. In maps with one Longshot I never really bother to try for it because I know everyone from my team and enemy team will go there and the weapon becomes a waste more often than not, so I go for a heavy weapon or grenade instead.

Spenny

The EMBAR projectile also continues on after killing the first person. I've had some sick double headshots/gibs. It's a fun gun.

I see why this game has 24 maps incoming, the ones in the retail version aren't bad but they're just boring and most of the environments feel similar. Still enjoying the shit out of it though.

nOoblet16

I see why this game has 24 maps incoming, the ones in the retail version aren't bad but they're just boring and most of the environments feel similar. Still enjoying the shit out of it though.
I don't understand why they will have the maps on rotation though. What purpose does it serve to only have a limited number of those maps in the playlist at a given time?

nowarning

Finished campaign last night, I thought it was really good. I had a big grin on my face all the way through! Wooo!

Do achievements not work on PC or something? I have 0 unlocked. I noticed none of my stats per class in Horde are showing, apart from score, and none of the ribbons I have earned in multi are showing up as earned?

Mesharey

I shouldn't pre-order a game I'm excited for because it'll probably be released before street date here lol.

How many hours until we can play it (US stote)? XD

kodecraft

Finished campaign last night, I thought it was really good. I had a big grin on my face all the way through! Wooo!

Do achievements not work on PC or something? I have 0 unlocked. I noticed none of my stats per class in Horde are showing, apart from score, and none of the ribbons I have earned in multi are showing up as earned?

I've found achievements work when you have the Xbox App open while playing a Win10 game. Achievements will pop-up like the Win10 default system notifications.

That's the only I don't like about...that Xbox/PC aren't as streamlined as it should be.

Still want an Xbox Big Picture Mode on PC !!

I don't understand why they will have the maps on rotation though. What purpose does it serve to only have a limited number of those maps in the playlist at a given time?
I can see them going back on this dumb idea with enough complaints,theyre already changing the credits payout thanks to people being vocal.

Theorry

I can see them going back on this dumb idea with enough complaints,theyre already changing the credits payout thanks to people being vocal.

Thats something different and a little tweak. Changing the whole rotation thing means people with season pass getting screwed. So thats not gonna happen.

I am happy with the rotation btw. Just happy that we dont have dlc maps. That plits up the userbase. Everything is better then that.

nOoblet16

Thats something different and a little tweak. Changing the whole rotation thing means people with season pass getting screwed. So thats not gonna happen.

I am happy with the rotation btw. Just happy that we dont have dlc maps. That plits up the userbase. Everything is better then that.
How about....having all the maps for free for everyone? Halo 5 does it at the expense of the rec pack system...why can't this game with its even worse rec system?

The season pass holders don't get screwed even if they have all maps in rotation because the advantage season pass holders have is that they can host the matches with those maps in private. It doesn't changes a thing for them even if all maps are in rotation in public matches.

nOoblet16

Because people paid 50 bucks for a season pass. The map cycle is here to stay, period.
That makes no sense.
People, including myself, paid 50 bucks so that they can host those maps in private. It doesn't changes a thing for them if all maps are in rotation in public games.

How about this...even with the season pass I have to suffer from limited rotation in public matches. Where is this season pass benefit that I'll be be supposedly screwed over if all maps are in public rotation?

Ronny93

• Be at work
  • Live in Germany
  • Buy the game for cheap in the Singapore store
  • Instruct the girlfriend at home to switch the system region and start the preload on my PC
  • Preload runs
  • Download is gun' be finished when I come home
  • Play 6 hours early to German time
  • I am a wizard

my order still has no shipped, fuck this shit. I will buy at bestbuy store and return the online order. God damn it

Careful if you received the pre-order gift already. I received the mug when I canceled my regular edition to change it to the ultimate edition in store pickup. Needless to say they charged me $20 for the mug, but they show it on their online orders as $0 and when you click more information it brings you to an "Error for this order screen." Then I returned the mug in-store and they said it's showing up as $0 but "hopefully" it will get refunded on my card. The return just showed up yesterday on the Best Buy website as $0 and surprise surprise, the $20 charge is still on my card with no credit. This was on Thursday as well. Going to have to head back to the store again today to see what's up. Just a warning that it may be a pain in the ass if you did receive the Mug, and Best Buy customer support has been giving me the run-around lol

The Hammerburst has been a beast in all the Gears games.

Y'all don't know this?

Hammerburst was trash in Gears 1 lol. It was a bit better in Gears 2 and 3, but with some of the TU changes it was a bit harder to follow then just rolling with the Lancer IMO.

MarveI

I kinda wish more devs with a credits system would put up more daily, weekly challenges. Halo 5s was also bad just play and win a match and you'll get a pack. No variety, versatility. Why not put all kinds of fun challenges with credit rewards (kill x enemies with x weapon, revive x teammates, survive 10, 20, 30, 40 even 50 waves without dying I mean you can get as creative as you want. Even fifa 17 ultimate team has these challenges and they are super fun.

Theorry

How about....having all the maps for free?
Halo 5 does it at the expense of the rec pack system...why can't this game with its even worse rec system?

All maps are free?
Dont think Halo 5 system of maps isnt the best also. Alot of it you dont really play alot.
With a rotation and new maps its keeping it abit more fresh. Think MS is trying to figure out was is best for now and the future. As it seems the are active staying away from paid dlc maps wich plits the userbase. Wich i am happy about.

nOoblet16

All maps are free?
Dont think Halo 5 system of maps isnt the best also. Alot of it you dont really play alot.
With a rotation and new maps its keeping it abit more fresh. Think MS is trying to figure out was is best for now and the future. As it seems the are active staying away from paid dlc maps wich plits the userbase. Wich i am happy about.

My response was to your statement that the only other way than what we have here is to have paid maps...which is not true. You can have all the maps in rotation and have them for free...and it won't change a thing for me as a season pass holder because even with season pass I have to suffer from rotation.

I never said Halo 5 system is the best but it is better than here, it's almost the same thing...except the rotation is limited.

The season pass entitled users to host private matches with the maps, keeping the rotation shenanigans will only be screwing themselves. If they do change their minds I'll be happy if they give me elite packs as compensation.

Ronny93

I don't get the Season Pass at all. Apart from this cosmetic skin shit, do you pay 50 bucks only to be able to host a private lobby with the maps out of rotation or what? Is there only one map rotation which is the same online, SP or no SP? Can a SP owner play in the Ranked mode online other maps? All the time? No clue, I think this is communicated really badly.

Careful if you received the pre-order gift already. I received the mug when I canceled my regular edition to change it to the ultimate edition in store pickup. Needless to say they charged me $20 for the mug, but they show it on their online orders as $0 and when you click more information it brings you to an "Error for this order screen." Then I returned the mug in-store and they said it's showing up as $0 but "hopefully" it will get refunded on my card. The return just showed up yesterday on the Best Buy website as $0 and surprise surprise, the $20 charge is still on my card with no credit. This was on Thursday as well. Going to have to head back to the store again today to see what's up. Just a warning that it may be a pain in the ass if you did receive the Mug, and Best Buy customer support has been giving me the run-around lol

Hammerburst was trash in Gears 1 lol. It was a bit better in Gears 2 and 3, but with some of the TU changes it was a bit harder to follow then just rolling with the Lancer IMO.

I will return the in store purchase once I get my online order,so I don't have the issues you had

Xater

I don't get the Season Pass at all. Apart from this cosmetic skin shit, do you pay 50 bucks only to be able to host a private lobby with the maps out of rotation or what? Is there only one map rotation which is the same online, SP or no SP? Can a SP owner play in the Ranked mode online other maps? All the time? No clue, I think this is communicated really badly.

It's not communicated badly at all. The playlists have a limited pool of maps. When they add new ones old ones will be left out. If you own the season pass you can create private matches with all maps every created for the game. Pretty easy.

nOoblet16

Yes pretty much.

Even if you have season pass you have to experience the limited rotation in public games. Hence the statement that by making all the maps available in public they are season pass holders...is not true.

I am a season pass holder and In won't be bothered.

Sane_Man

How does this game handle with mouse and keyboard? I'm getting it for pc and don't really want to buy an xbox controller. I guess I could download stuff to make my dual shock work on it but would rather not bother.

Theorry

My response was to your statement that the only other way than what we have here is to have paid maps...which is not true. You can have all the maps in rotation and have them for free...and it won't change a thing for me as a season pass holder because even with season pass I have to suffer from rotation.

I never said Halo 5 system is the best but it is better than here, it's almost the same thing...except the rotation is limited.

Not really following it. Sorry. Never said the only other option is paid maps. Just saying that i think this rotation stuff isnt that bad. And that the Halo version isnt the best solution also.

The season pass entitled users to host private matches with the maps, keeping the rotation shenanigans will only be screwing themselves. If they do change their minds I'll be happy if they give me elite packs as compensation.

But everyone can host private matches wich are in the rotation. The maps that arent in the rotation you can still play in private with the season pass. So killing the rotation makes the season pass worth less. Because thats on of the benefits.

How does this game handle with mouse and keyboard? I'm getting it for pc and don't really want to buy an xbox controller. I guess I could download stuff to make my dual shock work on it but would rather not bother.

Easier to aim with a mouse and keyboard, but harder to wallbounce. You'll be fine.

Top Bottom