• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Caayn

Just got an "Operations Gear Pack" code from XBL. Any idea why MS is sending these? Not that I'm complaining :p

For people having issues with people leaving Horde and trying to find a squad, definitely go check out the LFG feature in XBL. Lots of great people there wanting to stick it out to wave 50.

Evo X

Question for online co-op.

I want to play through the whole game with a friend. How is progress saved? On host machine or both players.

Is co-op also synced with single player progress or are those 2 separate things?

nOoblet16

If they absolutely have to break lobbies then the least they could do regarding ranked matches is to automatically search for a game after one ends. It's annoying to basically quit to menu and search again.

Thanks for being a loyal Gears of War fan! Here's a code to unlock an Operations Gear Pack in Gears of War 4, out 10/11/2016. Redeem on Xbox One or Xbox.com/redeemcode by 12/31/2016.
Code:
P63FM-X776Q-CGTP2-GTDRQ-HJ3JZ

Question for online co-op.

I want to play through the whole game with a friend. How is progress saved? On host machine or both players.

Is co-op also synced with single player progress or are those 2 separate things?

All progress is cloud saved, but if your player 2, youll need to restart from the beginning of the last chapter.

Nere

Wait. Thought you were talking about Gears 4 UE? Otherwise my bad.
GOW 1 UE isnt crossbuy indeed.

Already bought Gears 4 was asking if the windows store on PC ever has sales so I buy Gears 1 aswell or I should just go for full price.

is there a TLDR on playing the Windows version early?

You need to buy the digital version of the ultimate edition. The code works on both Xbox and Windows since it's Play Anywhere.

However, at this point, unless you're interested in the DLC, you might as well wait for the regular version release tonight.

Caayn

Don't know. But if you need help opening it, I'll do it :3

Winkyface
It was hard, I had to press all kind of buttons. Yet I somehow managed.

giphy.gif

Daximuss

I've been asking multiple times but my posts got lost in all the craziness: could someone who also has the physical copy of the ultimate edition tell me if you have issues with the Brothers To The End pack?

The 3 skins and gold lancer and gnasher didn't unlock for me, although the pack is installed from the marketplace and it shows up on my HDD with the icon of Adam Fenix. Spent almost 1 hour with the absolutely useless Microsoft support on chat and they kept telling me that the skins should only unlock on the 11th, the official release date. I find that very hard to believe since my other bonuses worked, including the 17 loot crates. Any answer is appreciated.

Also, was I supposed to receive a separate code for BTTE? Because all I got was the season pass code and the codes for older Gears games.

Which retailer did you purchase your Ultimate Edition from? I bought mine from Amazon and I received my code for the Gnasher Warbird skin and Vintage Del DLC Friday night from them. My Ultimate Edition did not include the Brothers to the End codes either.

Solution for uneven teams in competitive-

When one team drops a player, the game kicks the other team's lowest scoring player.

Alternatively the game abandons the match for ranks when someone drops and offers the other players to quit without penalty.

TheTurboFD

You need to buy the digital version of the ultimate edition. The code works on both Xbox and Windows since it's Play Anywhere.

However, at this point, unless you're interested in the DLC, you might as well wait for the regular version release tonight.

Ah ok I thought there was a way similar to steam where you can use a VPN to unlock the game early.

nOoblet16

I've created a discord server open to both xbox and pc players for general stuff and LFG.

Quote for invitation link

Edit: Updated to make the invitation infinite use with no expiry.

Hale_C

Is there a place to share Gaf gamertags? Don't have anyone on XBL (if it's even referred to as that any more), never really played multi on an xbox title before.

Which retailer did you purchase your Ultimate Edition from? I bought mine from Amazon and I received my code for the Gnasher Warbird skin and Vintage Del DLC Friday night from them. My Ultimate Edition did not include the Brothers to the End codes either.

It's a local retailer from Romania. So weren't we supposed to receive the BTTE pack or a code for it?

Leyasu

Banned
So, I got this game for horde and a couple of play throughs. After playing the other gears games online, I wasn't really planning on playing this one online much either. But the 60fps, dedicated servers and ranking has got me hooked like a crackhead. The most satisfying PvP that I have played to date.

Chuck in the campaign which is the best in the series so far for me and I have hardly touched horde. This game is so fucking good.

I also want to say that we need to get some sort of horde player list going. Horde is now a challenge that needs a good two hour plus investment plus good communication. Playing with randoms that dont have much is impossible.

Totally addicted to this game. Great job TC... Oh yeah, get the payout sorted please lol. Its a joke at the moment. Plus, release a black steel cog soldier please!!

Sean

Banned
Might be a dumb question, but is the game officially on shelves now?

I pre-ordered standard edition from Best Buy a few days ago and they're telling me that I can pick it up now. Don't wanna drive over there for nothing though. I thought it came out tomorrow?

Was it ever explained why they didn't limit competitive to controller only so that people can play on PC?

From what I understand, even if they included a crossplay hopper that forced PC players to use a controller, people can still find a way around it and use a mouse or other aiming device.

Basically there isn't a great way to restrict controller only use on PC. It definitely sucks.

SlickVic

Is the difficulty of this comparable to Gears 3? I play most games on normal but Gears 3 was one of the few games I bumped up to Hardcore since Normal felt a bit too easy even for me. I'll probably start this one on Hardcore and see how it goes.

Is the difficulty of this comparable to Gears 3? I play most games on normal but Gears 3 was one of the few games I bumped up to Hardcore since Normal felt a bit too easy even for me. I'll probably start this one on Hardcore and see how it goes.

I went with Hardcore as I usually do on my first playthrough. I've died more than usual but it seems like the best choice if you've played the others. If it's any indication, Insane is going to be tough.

Are you sure? As another poster said before it isn't cross buy and on cd keys there is only this one http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-xbox-one but lists it for xbox one. I really wouldn't want to get a code that doesn't work for pc since I have no xbox one.

I bought Gears 4 from CDKeys a few days ago. It's the regular not deluxe version.

Got the codes from them today. Have downloaded the game to my XB1S. And now downloading the PC version.

Top Bottom