• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Soulflarz

Banned
7 man hold in tdm, lose to last 4 lives

loss in rank from that
...im probably going to be like bronze 2 by some twist of fate, I...still hate rank systems based off of w/l and not 80% off player skill

Kordelle

7 man hold in tdm, lose to last 4 lives

loss in rank from that
...im probably going to be like bronze 2 by some twist of fate, I...still hate rank systems based off of w/l and not 80% off player skill
Seems to work different in Gears 4, I am Silver in TDM and Dodgeball and got a W/L of 0.2 because I seem to have no luck with my teammates 😁

Soulflarz

Banned
Seems to work different in Gears 4, I am Silver in TDM and Dodgeball and got a W/L of 0.2 because I seem to have no luck with my teammates ��

Beta was fully w/l I know :v

Not...like I really care? It's gears
No one I know plays it, not like I can get a group together irl to have fun with it besides casual play.
Regardless, 5am play is an awful idea, all my placements were against the same people (full queue?), google tells me their ranks were gold/silver apparently. Placed bronze, only won one.

kek
On that note, oh man, tomorrow 3pm-11pm is going to be scrub hour, isn't it? :p

Nere

Awesome game, especially the horde mode, didn't thought it will be that good. At first I had my scepticism for classes on horde but it is really good and gives great variety. I have played all the gears of war this might be my favourite one yet, will see.

Theorry

Awesome game, especially the horde mode, didn't thought it will be that good. At first I had my scepticism for classes on horde but it is really good and gives great variety. I have played all the gears of war this might be my favourite one yet, will see.

Yeah its fun. Like you play abit of a RPG with upgrades etc.

Xater

That was a quick fix for the credits stuff. Still not the best but i understand they dont want to make crazy jumps. Slowly tune it to the best option. Most of all glad they acted so fast. Wich is very promising.

It definitely seems less shitty now. I'd probably still want it to be tuned up a bit more.

nOoblet16

Funny story, so I live at the docks which means I constantly hear ship horns.

You guys noticed that lever in Harbour pulling which activates the ship's horn? Well I always thought it was a ship at the docks beside me rather than the game....lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
For the horde!
Funny story, so I live at the docks which means I constantly hear ship horns.

You guys noticed that lever in Harbour pulling which activates the ship's horn? Well I always thought it was a ship at the docks beside me rather than the game....lol
I sacrificed myself for the greater good to pull that lever on insane. Worth!

Leyasu

Banned
I made a Discord channel for this very purpose. Quote the original post for the link. It'd be helpful if this could be added in the OP or quoted when needed so that everyone can join it.

Excuse my dumb arse, but what original post dude?

Also, the gearsGAF group should be ok to use and arrange stuff. Get on there people.

I am someone who plays in the UK/EU time zones.

Nere

Game is awesome my only problem though are the graphics. There must be something wrong because the textures are really low res, not my character's but on the world and from the enemies. I am playing on the PC btw, put the textures on ultra on a 970m with 3gb vram. Thought I might had put them too high and didn't had enough vram but when I put them on High they got even worse, so I dunno. Granted I only played Horde so maybe the graphics are lowered there because of many characters on screen? I don't know. Anyone had that issue?

Quoting myself because I still have this issue. Nobody else has encountered this? The textures are really low res but only on horde and on levels with daylight. Pc version ofc.

Oh yeah. First day it was abit wonky. But the last days it has been fine for me. Xbox.

Good to hear. Goddamnit. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a One just for this game.

And I know I'll regress to the angry, adolescent dickbag that I was when Gears 3 was hot, but shit, there's just nothing else like Gears multi.

JimiNutz

Banned
Finally my copy arrived from Amazon! No zombie Dom code though :(
Should it have been included in the box with the Gears 1, 2, 3 and Judgement codes? Or do Amazon email it?

Leyasu

Banned
Good to hear. Goddamnit. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a One just for this game.

And I know I'll regress to the angry, adolescent dickbag that I was when Gears 3 was hot, but shit, there's just nothing else like Gears multi.

Do it. The previous gears online were bad in matchmaking Imo. I didn't buy gears 4 for the versus, but the regional dedicated servers, 60fps and skill rankings have elevated this to one of my all time favs straight away. The game is amazing .

The same post I quoted, if you quote that post it'll reveal a link to a discord group invite

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=219749963

Yeah found it thanks again

Xater

How's all the MP connectivity jazz now, Gaf? Still launch window woes, or has it improved?

I am still getting into matches with no full player count. That really shouldn't happen in the ranked modes.

Also wish there were harsher penalties for leavers in these modes.

nOoblet16

I am still getting into matches with no full player count. That really shouldn't happen in the ranked modes.

Also wish there were harsher penalties for leavers in these modes.
A 5 minute ban from matchmaking should deter anyone who wants to leave just because they are getting killed. For people who have emergencies, well 5 minute ban doesn't really matter in their case and it's ok.

Theorry

From what i read you get a 30 min ban after a couple of times. Not sure how much times. And if you keep doing it it will increase with 30 min.

Xater

A 5 minute ban from matchmaking should deter anyone who wants to leave just because they are getting killed. For people who have emergencies, well 5 minute ban doesn't really matter in their case and it's ok.

I like this. It just sucks when you have a full team and 2 people decide they rather leave because they can't hang. Great now I have to deal with an even worse situation of playing KOTH 3v5.

Yeah too many leavers but I made it to gold which is pretty good I think. I've been playing a lot of social quickplay though. Some guy sent me a message about leaving right in the beginning of the match even though i basically stomped him the previous match. wtf dude i'm getting offline, I have to leave sometime lol.

Xater

Yeah too many leavers but I made it to gold which is pretty good I think. I've been playing a lot of social quickplay though. Some guy sent me a message about leaving right in the beginning of the match even though i basically stomped him the previous match. wtf dude i'm getting offline, I have to leave sometime lol.

The social playlist is something completely different. I would never complain about it there. I am only talking about the ranked modes.

Xyber

Finding games on PC sure isn't the fastest and when you do someone is always super slow on loading the map and you can sit there for minutes until it errors out. :(

The social playlist is something completely different. I would never complain about it there. I am only talking about the ranked modes.

Yeah I know, I don't care about leaving there, I was just commenting on getting flamed for it lol. He said like "Ez game" or something. I was like dude I just beat you handily last game.

I would never leave a ranked match because it's too easy to rally in them and it definitely takes into consideration individual performance.

Xater

Finding games on PC sure isn't the fastest and when you do someone is always super slow on loading the map and you can sit there for minutes until it errors out. :(

I think when that happens it's not actually loading the map, but doing some connection stuff. Usually the map loads are super quick. I bet there something wrong in the matchmaking process.

Yeah I know, I don't care about leaving there, I was just commenting on getting flamed for it lol. He said like "Ez game" or something. I was like dude I just beat you handily last game.

I would never leave a ranked match because it's too easy to rally in them and it definitely takes into consideration individual performance.

Boy do I hate people like that. They are either super salty when they lose or are the worst winners.

Jumeira

Banned
I can't get over how great the guns feel, the feedback from these bullets tearing through flesh and circuitry is so damn satisfying.

Has The Coalition said anything about what maps are on the way? I know many will criticize this but I'd love to see the return of a lot of classic Gears maps.

Theorry

Just got a full refund so that I can buy the game at that price. Support guy tried to state it was because of the 'Vintage Del Pack' that the price was £49.99. Can't see that one somehow...

That would make no sense indeed. The euro price and dollar price are still the same btw.

Just got a full refund so that I can buy the game at that price. Support guy tried to state it was because of the 'Vintage Del Pack' that the price was £49.99. Can't see that one somehow...
Preorder bonus: pay more.

It really annoying seeing controller players argue that PC players won't have an advantage cause " gears is about movement", like they don't realise the movement is less important when you can just track your target with a mouse!

koji

It really annoying seeing controller players argue that PC players won't have an advantage cause " gears is about movement", like they don't realise the movement is less important when you can just track your target with a mouse!

I've been playing on PC with keyb/mouse and controller but I keep going back to keyb/mouse, the movement sucks though but aiming is much, much faster... Disclaimer: I'm not a super pro with controller aiming.

Game plays a lot more fun with the controller... Annoying, been thinking about getting a G13 or something like that.

Xater

Preorder bonus: pay more.

PC players also have other advantages. Someone posted a gif of playing Gears on an extra wide monitor and that also helps a lot.

Top Bottom