• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

vg260

Does the game poll a KB and mouse simultaneously, so that you can use a controller with the left hand and a mouse with the right? I'm curious to try that.

Edit: sorry meant to say controller and mouse simultaneously

koji

Does the game poll a KB and mouse simultaneously, so that you can use a controller with the left hand and a mouse with the right? I'm curious to try that.

Nope, it's one or the other, UI swaps on the fly to the device you are using.

Anyone? PC player counts? Anti-cheat? Is this worth picking up on PC for MP?

Been playing Horde since Friday and that's fine, but I can't say much for Versus, haven't tried that, Horde is crossplatform btw.

Strider

PC version is amazing so far from my experience and I've had absolutely zero issues matchmaking in versus.... that's really quick for me.

This is my first Gears... Very strong initial impressions.

Nope, it's one or the other, UI swaps on the fly to the device you are using.

Been playing Horde since Friday and that's fine, but I can't say much for Versus, haven't tried that, Horde is crossplatform btw.

Well that IS reassuring since Horde is my fav mode. I like the VS modes too but the toxicity of it was all a bit much for 18 year old me. 28 year old me probably won't last 5 seconds of it. Can't believe it's been a decade now.

koji

Well that IS reassuring since Horde is my fav mode. I like the VS modes too but the toxicity of it was all a bit much for 18 year old me. 28 year old me probably won't last 5 seconds of it. Can't believe it's been a decade now.

In that case yeah it's been pretty good, I joined a game yesterday with 4 xbox players, they invited me in their party voicechat, it all just worked, shit's of the hook.

Call me crazy, but if my copy from Amazon is indeed going to be delivered today, it should've shipped already. What the hell. Anyone else not marked shipped yet?

nOoblet16

So ranks are basically based on win/loss ratio?
In that case why did it take ages for me to get up to Silver? I am in Silver 2 right now and don't seem to be going any further eventhough I won like 6-7 of my previous matches and lost 1.

It's a bit silly though because it depends so much on teammates, if the teammates suck then you can get the most kills and least deaths in the entire game and still lose but if the teammates are good then you can just sit on your ass and rank up.

So ranks are basically based on win/loss ratio?

In that case why did it take ages for me to get up to Silver? I am in Silver 2 right now and don't seem to be going any further eventhough I won like 6-7 of my previous matches and lost 1.

They were but apparently they are also being based on individual performance. Or that was the goal at least.

Beepos

I've been playing on PC with keyb/mouse and controller but I keep going back to keyb/mouse, the movement sucks though but aiming is much, much faster... Disclaimer: I'm not a super pro with controller aiming.

Game plays a lot more fun with the controller... Annoying, been thinking about getting a G13 or something like that.

Yeah.. mouse certainly gives you advantages, even in CQC (though not as much).

It's just relearning to play the game with M + KB because sliding in and out of cover and movement in general doesn't feel as natural like it does with a controller.

I think this is more due to the fact I have been playing Gears on a controller for years and now I have an option to use M + KB, despite advantages, my brain doesn't want to convert over.

It seems that my Gears code on PC has been revoked. I bought a 1080 from Newegg and received the code that way. Who do I call to get a new code issued? Its one shit show after another with the Windows store smh.

Theorry

It seems that my Gears code on PC has been revoked. I bought a 1080 from Newegg and received the code that way. Who do I call to get a new code issued? Its one shit show after another with the Windows store smh.

This has nothing to do with the store. NVIDIA screwed up.

koji

You need to contact NVIDIA for that, they can release the key. (or something)

There was a ton of abuse with those codes a couple weeks ago due to amazon sending the vouchers the moment you ordered a card. (and cancelled the order right after receiving the voucher...)

koji

Do I call NVIDIA?

"We detected some Gears 4 Windows 10 keys were obtained illegitimately via our NVIDIA promotion. We have gone ahead and revoked keys that fell in this bucket. If you believe your key was incorrectly revoked, we highly recommend you contact NVIDIA support with proof of purchase to help out with this."

- The Coalition

Bit the bullet. So that download is gonna be a while, glad I got fiber a few months back. Is there no way to view an ETA on the W10 store? Pretty big oversight if so.

Sevenfold

You could try live chat. I had a favourable experience with them.

my wife just received the package with my regular edition.

does the update download automatically after the disc is placed in??
She does not know how to do anything with videogames, so I just told her to put the disc in the system since it will turn it on automatically and install automatically, but I do not know about t he update.

Anybody knows?

I just got an Xbox One a couple weeks ago and I'm considering getting Gears 4. Is there matchmaking for Horde? It's the main draw for me and I have like... absolutely no one to play with from my real life.

Quick question, is the game worth it for the campaign alone? I have no interest in playing it online.

I loved the campaign, but the $60 package really gets its value from Horde and Versus as well. Alone the campaign will run you less than 10 hours and if you're the type of person that won't replay it then I'd probably say no.

If you're just trying to ask in a roundabout way if it's good, then yes it's very good. Horde is my favorite part though.

MarveI

I like this game a lot but the maps are so bland. Not bad but not great either. I really miss Checkout, Trashball, Trenches.

I like this game a lot but the maps are so bland. Not bad but not great either. I really miss Checkout, Trashball, Trenches.

Yeah the maps play well, but they also mostly play pretty similar. Nothing is really standing out to me. I hope they bring back a bunch of classic maps.

my wife just received the package with my regular edition.

does the update download automatically after the disc is placed in??
She does not know how to do anything with videogames, so I just told her to put the disc in the system since it will turn it on automatically and install automatically, but I do not know about t he update.

Anybody knows?
anyone? I don't want to leave work during lunch and check that

MattDoza

anyone? I don't want to leave work during lunch and check that
I was going to tell you to have her take the system offline for the install but you mentioned she doesn't know anything so would likely have a difficult time doing that. It might not matter if you're not going to be playing until tonight. But installs have been terribly slow when installing online.

Top Bottom