• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Dear Coalition,

Wave 10 is some shit. Each wipe brings out a new random boss and his 'fuck you up quick' minions of death. Me and the fellas wiped and wiped. Some threatened to quit. But the "one more run" that popped out my mouth each time was convincing enough to give them the strength to go on. I fought. I sniped. I got tags and fabricated my teammates. We didn't go cheap and have a scout double the points. We struggled through and on the last run....we did it. I could hear the satisfaction in my team as they took in deep breaths and let out sighs of relief. We sweated our asses off and will be back for more tomorrow. Good shit.

Signed,

Panama 'wave 11' Chief

Soulflarz

Banned
I like how there's an unspoken rule among Gears players of not killing a player you didn't down lol

For the most part at least. You'll get people who kill anything they see every now and then

Wait really
I'd say almost no one actually respects it by their own choice, especially since it only shows kd, the most useless stat.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Didn't like the first act whatsoever. Boring combat and crappy dialogue (even for Gears standards). 2nd act has picked up quite a little bit, even though the plot twist--if it can even be called that--seemed abrupt and predictable.

HiiiLife

Wait really
I'd say almost no one actually respects it by their own choice, especially since it only shows kd, the most useless stat.

It's my experience since Gears 1. Not saying kill stealing will never happen because it does But LOTS of times I'll see players just roll away from people I've downed.

Sch1sm

I've asked this before in this thread and still no answer.

Has anyone, playing this game on Xbox One, experienced any audio skipping or hitching during cutscenes? This keeps happening to me since Thursday (I've had the game since Wednesday of last week).

I've the game installed on external 4TB HDD as I do all my games, I've deleted and reinstalled the game again and my next move is going to move it to the internal drive. This is worrisome af since I haven't read of anyone having this issue on Xbox One.

Literally has not happened to me once, in solo or coop campaign. The only issue I ever had is in Act I
when you finally get to that bit where you steal the fabricator, and my coop partner fell off the elevator at the bit where you pick it up
. Aside from that, no hitches up to Act IV for me.

RPS37

Didn't like the first act whatsoever. Boring combat and crappy dialogue (even for Gears standards). 2nd act has picked up quite a little bit, even though the plot twist--if it can even be called that--seemed abrupt and predictable.
But what about that prologue tho????

Literally has not happened to me once, in solo or coop campaign. The only issue I ever had is in Act I
when you finally get to that bit where you steal the fabricator, and my coop partner fell off the elevator at the bit where you pick it up
. Aside from that, no hitches up to Act IV for me.

First play through was with my friend over online co-op and it happened quite a few times but now playing solo it's happening way too often. I don't know why. Shit is bothering me.

JimiNutz

Banned
This game makes me more angry than literally anything else in this entire planet.

Point blanking dudes and only getting 30% apparently. Fucking bullshit.

But I keep playing, because I'm a fucking asshole. I have a problem.

I literally said the exact same thing to a friend today.
Gears is definitely a love/hate relationship for me. When it's good nothing else compares but the lows are the most frustrated, rage inducing moments in gaming.

A lot of the time I feel like I'm chasing a high - like some kind of crack addict and I don't know when to quit!

This game feels so some damn rushed in some areas.

Like, no notification for when spawns flip? Really? It's been in the last three Gears game so why is it missing here?

The first few acts can be a little rinse and repeat but as he said from mid act 2 it goes on a whole other level....this is probably my favourite gears next to the original.

The mp is also tight and i had no issues partying up with xbox players playing on my pc...everything works beautifuly

Grisby

Chapter 4's last boss can suck a nut. I don't know what I was doing so wrong but it took like 20 some minutes to bring it down.
I shot the orange bits and the 4 scions were coming in and ack, hell.

Only bad part of the campaign for me so far.

MP is still good.Hope Core modes will get rolling playlists. Hate going back to the menu after each map. Also, if you guys, coalition, could twee the credits payouts bit more, then it would be set.

Looks like the update messed something up on XB1. The game now freezes/hitches at the begging of every MP round and sometimes during the match itself as well.

You should unmute your TV

I have been playing since Friday and never once heard a character say anything about spawns flipping, nor have I heard an audio queue for anything other than spawns being depleted.

But yeah I'm sure my volume is muted without me realizing or something lol.

Just spent the last 3 hours playing mp with 4 high school friends. Been some time since we all played together and it was a fucking blast. I got my all my controller sensitivities where I want them and I'm back to popping domes with the long shot regularly. The sound of getting a headshot in Gears is the most satisfy sound in all of video games for me. Love that pop.

Sch1sm

First play through was with my friend over online co-op and it happened quite a few times but now playing solo it's happening way too often. I don't know why. Shit is bothering me.

I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing something like that. Since it happens on both, can rule out connectivity issues, but Jesus. Have you reported it anywhere?

2-3
insane solo is zzzz

Solo in general has absolute zzzzz moments, like those Deebees overstayed their welcome.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Leveling classes in Horde seems wayyyyy too slow once you hit level 3. I have 10 hours played as a Scout and I'm only halfway to level 4. At this pace, it seems like it'd take a solid week of gametime to unlock all the equip slots for a single class... That's utterly insane.

BillyJack

Banned
Man I can't get used to this. Going from Uncharted 4 to this is so crazy. Game feels like I'm moving my character through mud. Last Gears I played was 2 and I don't remember it feeling this way

Miker

Does Horde include locust enemies in later waves? I haven't played enough to find out. Judging from the prologue, it seems like they ported over a lot of the Locust enemies, and it'd be a crime if they didn't get blended into Horde.

Does Horde include locust enemies in later waves? I haven't played enough to find out. Judging from the prologue, it seems like they ported over a lot of the Locust enemies, and it'd be a crime if they didn't get blended into Horde.

I believe those enemies are just recycled models from Gears Ultimate, using the pathfinding and AI of the Swarm Drones and Scions seen in the main campaign (Corpser and Reaver notwithstanding).

Top Bottom