• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

I'm a bit disappointed they hired Ramin Djawadi for the soundtrack and he just got fucking wasted. Gears 1 had a memorable theme, Gears 2/3 had a memorable theme, and Gears 4 gets nothing.

I was surprised to see they got him as a composer. I thought the music in the main theme reminded me a bit of 'Light of the Seven' from GoT season 6 when I started playing, then I see it's by the same guy.

My biggest disappointment as well... There is 0 inspiration in the music with gears 4. Just a droning on generic menu theme and nothing at all memorable -.-

Moofers

I'm a bit disappointed they hired Ramin Djawadi for the soundtrack and he just got fucking wasted. Gears 1 had a memorable theme, Gears 2/3 had a memorable theme, and Gears 4 gets nothing.

I was surprised to see they got him as a composer. I thought the music in the main theme reminded me a bit of 'Light of the Seven' from GoT season 6 when I started playing, then I see it's by the same guy.

My biggest disappointment as well... There is 0 inspiration in the music with gears 4. Just a droning on generic menu theme and nothing at all memorable -.-

Yup. The menu music kind of sucks and there's nothing in the entire campaign that compares to this:

https://youtu.be/OAtftZLNj_U

The music at the beginning of the last chapter of Act 4 is really the only music that stood out to me. Quite disappointing overall indeed.

Soulflarz

Banned
if you get grenade tagged you were dead anyways, I solely do it as a disrespect to my opponents who are blind to me coming up from behind

also, tip for insane
getting charged? You'll probably never have a gnasher on you due to the lethality of longshot+lancer and how scary close range fights are- what you want to do is take out your boltok and spam blind fire- it still only takes a few shots to shred your charging foe. It's basically the only way you can save yourself, until middle of act 3 I was either praying I got a blindfire longshot headshot or that the AI got targeted instead.

if you get grenade tagged you were dead anyways, I solely do it as a disrespect to my opponents who are blind to me coming up from behind

I'm assuming he means tagging to walls and such

I've never seen anyone complain about actually tagging the person. If you let them get that close, like you said, you were dead anyway.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm assuming he means tagging to walls and such

I've never seen anyone complain about actually tagging the person. If you let them get that close, like you said, you were dead anyway.

ohh
...that's killed me once I think, lol
Grenade tagging is a godsend and grenades are a semi-power weapon. People just forget that grenades are OP and end up hating them, even though plenty of the other weps are OP too. It's why KD in gears is a meh stat unless you're crazy at clutching stuff- a lot of that number relies and your ability to use power weapons effectively. IE- my 2.3kd in gears 3 was only a 1.4 with the gnasher, it's offset heavily by 20+ killstreaks in tdm with power weapons as a primary source of those.

Natiko

Banned
I see servers are still fucked. First attempted match of the day and while it was running fine halfway through it disconnected everyone. Cool.

Beepos

Loving Versus more and more. I am in Australia get into full social matches instantly on PC. I find the more I play, the more important hip-firing becomes and lining up your shots, it's a blast.

I wonder if Coalition will eventually add a versus playlist for PC and XB1... My fear that competitive multiplayer will be more or less dead by Christmas is making me leery of purchasing.

So here's a thought:

I wonder if they couldn't just do cross-platform competitive multiplayer and just have it be that PC players grade much higher due to using KBM?

I'm just not sure why integrating KBM players with controller players is any more imbalanced than integrating controller players of differing skill levels.

GreyWind

Sadly the music wasn't that great. I love Ramin's work but if you ask me which track was the most memorable during the campaign, I wouldn't know.

aBarreras

So here's a thought:

I wonder if they couldn't just do cross-platform competitive multiplayer and just have it be that PC players grade much higher due to using KBM?

I'm just not sure why integrating KBM players with controller players is any more imbalanced than integrating controller players of differing skill levels.

they could just open a social playlist with crossplay and thats it, ranked and such should be still be platform specific

MCD

Jesus Christ what is wrong with Insane difficulty? Did the Gears Judgement team do this? Fuck DEEBEES

Fuck Act 1-4. Fuck it up the Deebee.

KDC720

First act was pretty mediocre after a rather neat prologue. I just
escaped from the mansion with Marcus
though and things have already begun to pick up considerably.

I just think the DeeBees are not fun to fight at all, but appreciate that the game is taking it's time introducing the swarm.

The upgrade for amount of credits earned per game is still painfully low. It would take around 50 games to unlock one of those customization packs, depending on which game types you're playing and how many wins vs losses.

2 whole chapters wasted on the deebees. God they are fucking awful. So glad chapter 3 changed it up. Note to anyone reading fromt he coalition: the deebees are shit and suck dicks and please never let them in a gears game again

aBarreras

2 whole chapters wasted on the deebees. God they are fucking awful. So glad chapter 3 changed it up. Note to anyone reading fromt he coalition: the deebees are shit and suck dicks and please never let them in a gears game again

i hope they return to gears 5 just to piss you off

thats not my experience at all, and i was playing co op, enemies totally go for the kill, especially the juvies

Agreed. The AI is very good, I've been downed and have seen an enemy make a beeline towards me and finish the job. It was impressive to watch. Played co-op on hardcore btw.

sam777

Jesus Christ what is wrong with Insane difficulty? Did the Gears Judgement team do this? Fuck DEEBEES

Fuck Act 1-4. Fuck it up the Deebee.

Turrets were a great help in that mission. Just place them in the most effective places and the mission should not be too difficult.

React to the noise

Haha, good luck every getting out of a frag's radius. You need to react to the bounce of a frag to be safe, not the beep. And half the time, I've noticed the frags flat out don't make a sound when they hit the ground, just like in the beta.

Tagging walls is stupid though, I agree. I love meatshield tags and just running up to someone whose head is in cloud cuckoo land and smacking a frag onto their face. That's timeless hilarity that only Gears provides.

I haven't seen any of it?

Ditto. You can actually punish melee spammers really hard in Gears 4, which is completely unlike how it was in Gears Ultimate.

I like the hammerburst, it's way better than the beta HB.

It might be a little too good. Especially on maps like Gridlock, which I've seen become a hammerburst campfest on modes like TDM and Warzone. But I'm not a weapon balancer; I just think the "three burst to down, and the active boosts the fire rate" thing was a mistake.

I got some kind of purple legendary torque skin from my first card pack I opened. Is that a good thing? I can't remember the name.

Go to customization to equip it.

UberLevi

Currently in the midst of the campaign and I'm enjoying it a lot, but I feel like the first two Acts were setup for the real Gears 4 to start, because Act 3 (currently at the end of it) has been the highlight of the campaign compared to everything before it.

Three social matches in a row now I'm getting horrible lag spikes.

Are the servers chugging or is it me? I've been running speed tests and I'm hovering around 30 down and 12 up for my slowest speeds of all the time I checked. Not sure what's up but it's super annoying.

dab0ne

Ok just finished the first two acts of fighting only robots. Glad that's starting to come to an end so I can fight the real enemy.

Jumeira

Banned
Holy shit this game doesn't stop with the incredible visuals. Just started Act 3, god damn. Easily one of the best looking games I've played.

If it keeps up this level of quality (the mechanics are so damn right) this could be GOTY for me.

Ushay

Holy shit this game doesn't stop with the incredible visuals. Just started Act 3, god damn. Easily one of the best looking games I've played.

If it keeps up this level of quality (the mechanics are so damn right) this could be GOTY for me.
Really not making it easy to resist buying this game.

Everyone I know its getting it :(

0racle

I need clarification on the story, only at act 2.

I know the general gears story but please elaborate.

I'm good up until the end of 3, I know feliz married that comm girl and had James. Everything else is over my head.

Top Bottom