• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

BHK3

Banned
How does the difficulty work in Horde? Is it based on player level/experience? I'm getting total vegetables for teammates but the enemies per wave seems to change everytime I play. I never saw Pouncers till wave 15 one time and this time I got them on wave 8 I believe, with a Brumak as it's boss instead of the helicopter!

JB1981

Had more fun with my second round of Horde but I feel like my team was not banking their cash. Do the deposits from other players boost your total cash as well ?

BizzyBum

Escalation is so much fun having 2 people quit then playing 7 rounds.

Ban these fucks for 24-48 hours on repeat quits, Coalition.

J_Viper

So I'm trying to redeem a code for Gears and I'm getting an error message

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later.

Is there something going on in MSs services?

darksunpr

Oh man. I played 20 min of the campaing and I got dizzy as fuck. The only games that make me feel this way are bioshock and half life 2.

dugdug

Banned
I keep getting messages that the Gears servers are down. Is this legit? Neither the official Gears or Coalition twitter accounts are saying anything.

Darkangel

Played my first match of multiplayer and didn't have a single issue. I didn't have any issues installing the game either.

Maybe I'm lucky.

Escalation is so much fun having 2 people quit then playing 7 rounds.

Ban these fucks for 24-48 hours on repeat quits, Coalition.
Is there no ban system in this game? Coalition need to get crackin ASAP on that.

I want to see severe punishments for quitting in competitive. 12 hour ban, and cut their credits in half.

Duck quitters

I wish the game accounted for individual performances. I have MVPs in over 33% of my matches played, just played a match where I had double the kills of the rest of my team and we still lost.

On one hand I don't care about rank, on the other I do, because I shouldn't be doubling the rest of my team and still losing.

HiiiLife

I wish the game accounted for individual performances. I have MVPs in over 33% of my matches played, just played a match where I had double the kills of the rest of my team and we still lost.

On one hand I don't care about rank, on the other I do, because I shouldn't be doubling the rest of my team and still losing.

Got put in silver and have been getting dragged down even further in TD by other so called silvers.

BizzyBum

Is there no ban system in this game? Coalition need to get crackin ASAP on that.

I want to see severe punishments for quitting in competitive. 12 hour ban, and cut their credits in half.

Duck quitters

These is but just like Halo 5 it seems to do jack shit. lol

RoKKeR

Settling into MP a bit with som KOTH, feels great. Love having roll/dodge on a back paddle, honestly makes it so much easier to play, I feel better than I ever have before playing Gears.

What's the situation with uneven teams in Ranked? SOL if somebody quits?

Sch1sm

Oh man. I played 20 min of the campaing and I got dizzy as fuck. The only games that make me feel this way are bioshock and half life 2.

It passes, TBH. You'll manage.

Played my first match of multiplayer and didn't have a single issue. I didn't have any issues installing the game either.

Maybe I'm lucky.

Don't jinx yourself. Same for me, but I assume something will break to destroy the streak we're on. One rogue update or encountered game breaking bug.

---

I reckon with quitters, it'll take a lot of complaining before they implement something like MOBAs do, or SFV did after ages of complaints of disconnected ranked matches.

Nirran

So would anyone know why when I go into the xbox app on Windows 10 my achievements are appearing in japanese? When I unlock them in game they're in English, but when I go into my app to see what I have they're all in japanese lol. Only game to do it too. Just when I thought things couldn't be any buggier with the store.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Has anyone else not received their preorder Gears 1-Judgment keys?

Preordered digitally a week before launch, still no codes.

Soulflarz

Banned
continuing my how to cheese solo insane as I play it guide

for 3-6's boss
let teammate go down
frag tag him once, hid across pillar, right hand advantage shoot him till he downs another teammate, refragtag

if you time it right you can do it while he's absorbing your teammate

easiest boss ever when cheesed
:V

Grazzt

Finished first 2 acts. Loving it so far. Wish I have more time to play it. Fucking exams :(
The game is great in every way, so I don't understand why would some reviewers give scores below 8.

BizzyBum

Yikes, going from 60fps in Versus to 30fps in Horde is jarring. Thank god Horde is cross play on PC.

Also had a bunch of quitters in the first few rounds until it was just me and another guy. Quitters are ruining this game right now. Halo has a problem with quitters too but this game takes it to another level.

etta

my hard graphic balls
"Gears 4 graphics don't pack the punch and wow that Gears 1 did in its day"

HAHAHAHAH my fucking ass. Easily the best visuals on Xbox, and insanely close to Uncharted 4.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Are most of these cutscenes real time or fmv?

I ask because it always seems to switch my weapons back to lancer/gnasher combo for cutscenes, making me think they are not real time.

If they are though, they are quite impressive.

Also, bummer about the Gears codes.

RoKKeR

Uh, excuse me? Haha

EZy55vH.gif

BizzyBum

If anyone wants to see how pros play this watch Optic Xplosive on twitch right now.

His wall bouncing and movement is unreal. It's like watching a different game at 20x fast forward speed.

Had a super weird bug, join in progress to Foundation and for whatever reason the volume of the background noise (wind, construction) just shot up hundred fold. Never fixed itself until we went to a new map.

Also, I hate how the respawning in Guardian works now. If your leader dies while you're waiting to respawn it just denies you the respawn. I really dislike it and I hope they change it to how it was in Gears 2/3.

aBarreras

Had a super weird bug, join in progress to Foundation and for whatever reason the volume of the background noise (wind, construction) just shot up hundred fold. Never fixed itself until we went to a new map.

Also, I hate how the respawning in Guardian works now. If your leader dies while you're waiting to respawn it just denies you the respawn. I really dislike it and I hope they change it to how it was in Gears 2/3.

i havent confirmed in this game but on gears 3 if your leader dies while you are waiting to respawn, you dont respawn,

you did respawn on gears 2 tho.

Soulflarz

Banned
and I was just about to post my "when does insane actually get hard?" cause I'm on 4-3 or something and most of the difficulty has been in lol ways

TheXbox

Finished the game. First impressions, no real spoilers:
Ending is among the worst I've ever seen in a game, if you can even call it an ending. It's worse than Halo 2. Hell, it's worse than Halo 5. Microsoft should know better. It's especially frustrating because Act V was so strong up until that point.

Otherwise a solid campaign. I wish they'd done more to flesh out these new characters, though. Del seemed to exist solely for the purpose of delivering quips.

i havent confirmed in this game but on gears 3 if your leader dies while you are waiting to respawn, you dont respawn,

you did respawn on gears 2 tho.

Ah yeah, you're right. Guess I didn't play enough Guardian in Gears 3.

Definitely prefer the Gears 2 version though. Hope they consider a change there.

Top Bottom