• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

She isn't changed on global yet, only on the cn server, but if you look at her profile illustration you can see the cn changes; they added some fabric to her chest/belly.
Hope it stays that way.
Feedback time. Feel my wrath.
I gave a.... thorough... explanation of my distaste for Theater McAnus. I've also consistently been asking for a few characters buffs (Amber, Sara, Qiqi, Xinyan) and more team slots for a while. I can never remember what else I want to add to the open ended question while I'm filling it out.

Pejo

God damn.... things sure sound bad for Shangai still. This video is a high class apartment complex. They entered a dude's home, sprayed his shit down and are trying to take him (by force) to a COVID detention center. He's got a knife and is trying to fight back.

This is an example of the food that the government is giving out since people aren't allowed out to do shopping and no businesses are open:

qimt5o8j43v81.jpg

To think, this is one of the most populous cities in the world. Crazy.

I don't see how we don't get content delays out of this.

Fake

Gold Member
I gave a.... thorough... explanation of my distaste for Theater McAnus. I've also consistently been asking for a few characters buffs (Amber, Sara, Qiqi, Xinyan) and more team slots for a while. I can never remember what else I want to add to the open ended question while I'm filling it out.

I asked for buffs since I was pick up for playing the beta.

Those days I give them nothing. Still mad about all this time for a teapot maintenance. The game have so many many problems, auto camera, slowdown, inconsistences here and there, bugs with elemental reaction and kits... but they're using all their resources for cover ladies in this game.

They got different priorities, so I no longer part of feedback. Just random clicks and I got my mora. Good luck trying to extract feedback from those reddits freaks.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I had some time to kill today at lunch and needed to farm some Mora leylines since I've been leveling talents a lot lately. I figured since Sara is too limited as a buffer, I'd try her as a physical main dps. Shuffled some artifacts over from Rosaria (2pc Pale Flame, 2pc Bloodstained with Phys dmg goblet), maxed out my R1 Mittershitterz Waltz, leveled her talents as far as I could with the books I had available (7/9/6) and tried running her as a phys DPS carry.

Holy FUCK was it bad. I tried a few teams including a super conduct, perma-freeze and an overload comp. Just awful. 1-2k crits, awful animations, the elemental skill doesn't flow well with auto attacks, and bow's usual weakness of not hitting what the fuck you want it to in auto-attack combos. There really is no way to save that character. If her elemental burst was 40 or even 60 energy - maybe. As is, she's awful at role other than buffing a burst-focused Shogun. What a waste of a top tier visual design. I actually still like her visuals better than Yelan.

Fake

Gold Member
Bows auto attack are waste of fucking time.

Reddit users took a huge L after hypping Yoimiya.

Last edited:
i'm at adventure rank 16 now. ascended 4 characters to phase 1. lumine, amber, kaeya, and lisa. my other two characters are Xinyan and Ningguang, they are lvl 20 still.

i was overwhelmed at first but settling in. probably still doing a lot of things wrong! still can't figure out how artifacts work. managed to get 8 wishes today but was mostly junk. i got the two characters from the wishes the other day (xinyan + ningguang). the characters i really want are keqing, raiden shogun, and mona. not sure if i can get the first 2 but i think i can get mona. i'm tempted to spend real money for wishes but i don't want to start that lol.

Fuz

Banned
the characters i really want are keqing
Extremely low chance from any banner, she's on the pool of "consolation prizes" in special banners and part of the pool in the standard banner. Be warned that standard banner has a 50% chance to draw a weapon instead of a character.
Same.
raiden shogun
Can't get her until she has a rerun on special banners, which I'm afraid won't happen soon because we had one recently.
tempted to spend real money for wishes
Nah.
i'm at adventure rank 16 now. ascended 4 characters to phase 1. lumine, amber, kaeya, and lisa. my other two characters are Xinyan and Ningguang, they are lvl 20 still.
You can safely get to lvl 50 pretty much anyone (you also get a bonus free blue wish from doing so). Ningg is the strongest of the ones you mentioned, the others are "meh" at best.
still can't figure out how artifacts work
Don't worry too much about that. Just equip anything until you get to AR45 and can start farming the 5 star ones.

Last edited:
Extremely low chance from any banner, she's on the pool of "consolation prizes" in special banners and part of the pool in the standard banner. Be warned that standard banner has a 50% chance to draw a weapon instead of a character.

Same.

Can't get her until she has a rerun on special banners, which I'm afraid won't happen soon because we had one recently.

Nah.

You can safely get to lvl 50 pretty much anyone (you also get a bonus free blue wish from doing so). Ningg is the stronges of the ones you mentioned, the others are "meh" at best.

Don't worry too much about that. Just equip anything until you get to AR45 and can start farming the 5 star ones.
i guess i'll just keep doing the standard wishes and keep praying lol. i have Lisa and electro is my favourite so far so that's why i want another one.

i'm not going to buy wishes. i looked and apparently i'd need to buy ~4x $99 packs to get enough wishes to have a realisitic chance of a 5 star character. sack that! i didn't know there is a battle pass so i will probably just do that (and maybe the other item in the store that gives you crystals/primogems over 30 days).

as far artifacts that's what i've been doing. i've upgraded some to +4 just to do the adventure book rewards.

i know the characters i have are not anything special but i quite like them. i don't really like xinyan. haven't played much with ningguang. should i always be trying to level my characters up as much as possible (all 6 of them) or can i focus on just building a team of 4?

thanks! :D

Again, don't buy blue wishes with primogems.
You may want to focus on a single team for now, it's no big deal, it will all come later naturally.
that's what i've been doing :messenger_grinning_sweat: . how am i meant to get wishes? i got some from levelling up but not a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's what i've been doing :messenger_grinning_sweat: . how am i meant to get wishes? i got some from levelling up but not a lot.
That's the funny thing. You just don't. You'll get five from the battle pass (even the free one) every patch, occasionally some more from events and stuff... You mostly just hoard primogems until there's a limited character on the banner that you want. Then you spend them. That's it.

Pejo

i was overwhelmed at first but settling in. probably still doing a lot of things wrong! still can't figure out how artifacts work. managed to get 8 wishes today but was mostly junk. i got the two characters from the wishes the other day (xinyan + ningguang). the characters i really want are keqing, raiden shogun, and mona. not sure if i can get the first 2 but i think i can get mona. i'm tempted to spend real money for wishes but i don't want to start that lol.
People in the thread will tell you it's not worth it doing the beginner banner, but I sorta disagree. You are guaranteed to get Noelle from said banner, and she helps a LOT for new players. She's kinda an ultry-tanky party healer that can dish out some decent damage during her elemental burst. Since you don't mention having Barbara yet, you still don't have a dedicated healer, which can be a little rough once you start leveling your world level (makes all the enemies harder and higher level). The beginner banner uses blue wishes anyways, if I recall, so go ahead and exhaust your blue wishes there and get your Noelle. You might luck out and get something else too.

Artifacts you get a few different ways. You get "trash" artifacts, which are blue/green/white quality, from random drops from tougher enemies in the world, and from shiny "investigate" prompts on stuff like barrells and boxes and shelves. Then, as you climb your Adventurer Rank (AR) level and explore more into the game you will eventually unlock "domains" which are like repeatable single-room dungeons that let you farm specific artifact sets. Artifact sets are split into 5 pieces, the "flower" (always gives HP as main stat), "feather" (always gives flat ATK), "sands" (multiple main stats), "goblet" (multiple main stats), and "circlet" (multiple main stats). From those main stats, every artifact always has 1-4 substats that is really what makes them good or makes them (usually) suck. This is the main endgame farm, and you will replace your artifacts as you level quite a bit, so don't worry too much about them. That said, a few things to consider:

Artifacts work in "sets". Each set has a 2 piece and a 4 piece passive, that gives different effects. Sometimes it's worth going for the 4 piece set, sometimes it's better to get 2 two-piece sets. There will always be 1 "odd" piece out that doesn't contribute to a set bonus. While you're leveling, you get circlets that drop from the elemental bosses that have a single "set" bonus, so consider those but don't waste time on them. Artifacts really depends on the character and the passive. Absolutely do not worry about this until you're nearing "endgame" though. You will replace these countless times until you hit the level that you need to be to guarantee 5* artifact drops while farming for them. Goblet slot artifacts are the only place you get bonus "type" damage. In other words, physical damage, pyro damage, electro damage, etc. This slot is usually the odd one out of the "set" since it's very hard to match the relevant character's "type" damage with a specific set you want for that character due to RNG.

That was a lot of information to say - just wear whatever you get that has the best stats until you can start acquiring the gold-tier (5*) artifacts. The rest is just fodder. They can also be leveled up to increase the stats, and every 4 levels they'll either gain a new stat or increase an existing stat out of the 1-4 substats. This XP isn't wasted as you can use old enhanced artifacts as fodder for new ones, albeit at a bit of a cost.

Mona and Keqing (as others have said) can be pulled from any banner at a low chance. You'll likely get one or both just by "losing" the 50/50 chance to get a character from a limited banner. Keqing had her own banner like 8 months ago, and was the only "standard" character to get her own banner. No idea if we'll ever see something like that again. They're both kinda outdated in current meta, Mona less so, but she needs a specific team to work - note, i'm not advocating following meta, but if you're staying F2P you should consider which characters will improve your account. Or, just pick waifu because that's how real men play this game.

UpEslRa.jpg

i'm not going to buy wishes. i looked and apparently i'd need to buy ~4x $99 packs to get enough wishes to have a realisitic chance of a 5 star character. sack that! i didn't know there is a battle pass so i will probably just do that (and maybe the other item in the store that gives you crystals/primogems over 30 days).
Yea that 30 days primogems pack(known as the Welkin moon) is the best value to pay to get primogems. Recommended if you want to support the game and get an edge on Primos. Though, I'm not strictly F2P like a lot in this thread. BP is worth it for new players too, IMO. It falls off once you have a fully refined Black Sword and don't have an issue farming the resources anymore.
i know the characters i have are not anything special but i quite like them. i don't really like xinyan. haven't played much with ningguang. should i always be trying to level my characters up as much as possible (all 6 of them) or can i focus on just building a team of 4?
I personally do a lot of lateral progression, leveling and building a lot of characters at once, but I can't recommend it. It's better to have a strong party with good synergy at max strength than a bunch of middling characters, especially until you hit a point that you can comfortably farm resources for yourself. After that, you will want at least 2 really strong teams for endgame content and battle events. That's a long way off for now, so you're fine just concentrating on 1-5 characters. I would recommend having at least 1 character built of every element for various reasons though. And don't sleep on Amber, whether you like her or not. She's necessary for pyro puzzles for the first 2 areas of the game, and if you don't want her in your party, you're going to waste a lot of time swapping characters back and forth.

Also, regarding buying wishes - You can buy them in 3 different ways.
  • Every month, we get 5 of each type to buy in the "shop" in the menu with startdust. If you have enough dust, absolutely get these each month, even the blues. This is essentially considered "freebies".
  • Using Masterless Starglitter, you can purchase each type without limit. You only get this glitter from pulling 4* or above weapons and characters that you already have. Once you have more characters and you start to max them out, you will see more of this naturally come in, but it's exceedingly rare in the beginning. This is also the currency used to buy the "shop only" weapons like the Blackcliff weapons, and the shop characters that change every month (you can literally just buy characters or constellations outright in the shop). I wouldn't recommend buying these at first unless you're only a few wishes from hitting pity on a limited banner, and never buy the blue wishes as Fuz Fuz mentioned
  • In the last page of the shop, there's a place you can convert primogems into wishes. Never do this. The banner will automatically do this conversion for you when you try to roll on it. Doing it manually never makes sense and quite a few people have purchased the wrong type of wishes doing it this way.

Last edited:

Pejo

Boy this web event sucks. They make it take so long that you can't just wait on the page for it to complete, then I forget all about it.

*edit*

Woo boy, presenting Dendro.

uas7k3jw8gv81.jpg

Wonder why on earth Cryo got shafted? Huge buff to Electro if this is true. Dust off your Keqings!
b4O7WFX.png

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Strange about cryo don't getting reaction with dendro, taking into consideration pyro+dendro just like fire and plant/wood in real life.

About electro, electro indeed is very bad at meta, litelary getting carry by Shogun herself.

Pejo

Strange about cryo don't getting reaction with dendro, taking into consideration pyro+dendro just like fire and plant/wood in real life.

About electro, electro indeed is very bad at meta, litelary getting carry by Shogun herself.
Apparently the Hydro/Dendro reaction buffs up the more times it's applied, so the explosion is delayed. Like the mushroom appears at the first Hydro/Dendro reaction, then it grows each time there's another one until it explodes and does AoE Damage based on the size of the 'shroom.

crumbs

Boy this web event sucks. They make it take so long that you can't just wait on the page for it to complete, then I forget all about it.

*edit*

uas7k3jw8gv81.jpg

Wonder why on earth Cryo got shafted? Huge buff to Electro if this is true. Dust off your Keqings!
b4O7WFX.png
Hmm, if I'm understanding this correctly, it would be weird that you can't swirl dendro with anemo.

Electro getting a buff would be fine, but dendro not reacting with multiple elements would be disappointing.

Pejo

Hmm, if I'm understanding this correctly, it would be weird that you can't swirl dendro with anemo.

Electro getting a buff would be fine, but dendro not reacting with multiple elements would be disappointing.
Yea i wonder if the Dendro application is an AoE Circle, if Swirling hydro will cause it to react with the Dendro? Lots of questions still.

Saber

*edit*

uas7k3jw8gv81.jpg

b4O7WFX.png

Seems stupid to make ER absent to some other elements, except perhaps with geo.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Apparently the Hydro/Dendro reaction buffs up the more times it's applied, so the explosion is delayed. Like the mushroom appears at the first Hydro/Dendro reaction, then it grows each time there's another one until it explodes and does AoE Damage based on the size of the 'shroom.

IMO Dendro + Cryo should be as destructive as Dendro + Pyro.

Geo and anemo not reacting makes sense, but they really couldn't come up with anything for dendro + cryo or anemo?

Don't agree. They could use a bit of imagination over Geo reactions. Like Geo + Hydro would create mud effect (low damage and reduce movement speed?), or Geo + Pyro would inflich glass damage.

All the geo concept is a bit of lazy mechanics with involves 'duh create a shield' boring stuff. The shield could get you bonus, not just protection. Would vary depends of the element.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz
Don't agree. They could use a bit of imagination over Geo reactions. Like Geo + Hydro would create mud effect (low damage and reduce movement speed?), or Geo + Pyro would inflich glass damage.

All the geo concept is a bit of lazy mechanics with involves 'duh create a shield' boring stuff. The shield could get you bonus, not just protection. Would vary depends of the element.
That's not what I meant. I just thought it was logical that anemo couldn't swirl geo. But dendro is an entirely new element, and it not reacting with half the elements feels even more unfinished than geo (which as you point out was already the laziest and frankly unfinished element).

I agree geo reactions are lazy. It's why I never bothered with that element. Doesn't help that all the geo characters are boring ass dudes with a furry for a crutch.

Pejo

Doesn't help that all the geo characters are boring ass dudes with a furry for a crutch.
YEEEOOOOOOUUUEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEOOOOOOOOUUUUUUEEEEEE

Gad56Cm.jpg

Not to mention

p1RiZ6V.jpg
5gHp7Fv.jpg

I agree though, if the Geo crystallized shields gave special effects based on the element absorbed, that'd be really cool. Even if they were small bonuses, it'd be a lot more fun than just a weak ass 1 hit shield.

This puts Cryo in a weird spot in that it's the only 4 reactive element that doesn't do anything with Dendro. Cryo characters are indeed powerful, but so are Pyro, and they still get an amazing DoT with "burning".

I've always wanted to invest in Noelle a bit more, but I just can't justify the resin when I could use it on 5 stars that are easier to get to a usable level. I had to use Yunjin in the Abyss to kill the wolf boss...

I hope those leaks about dendro are just wrong. Its introduction would have been a great opportunity to shake things up, and it's not really sounding like that'll be the case. They really should stop focusing on new areas and characters for a while, and improve the mechanics and systems.

Fake

Gold Member
That's not what I meant. I just thought it was logical that anemo couldn't swirl geo. But dendro is an entirely new element, and it not reacting with half the elements feels even more unfinished than geo (which as you point out was already the laziest and frankly unfinished element).

I agree geo reactions are lazy. It's why I never bothered with that element. Doesn't help that all the geo characters are boring ass dudes with a furry for a crutch.

Anemo is by far the best and is not even 'different' reaction mechanics. Geo is hyper boring at the point I not even have a geo char myself. Some chars like Noelle are cool, but no way I gonna use geo.

Pejo

I can't believe you guys aren't Zhongli-pilled. Regardless of his attack strength, he's a one-stop shop for party buffs. He has an insane amount of role compression in his kit and is truly only less effective vs. 3 enemy types in the whole game. Even then if you outfit him with Milllelith 4pc, he gives a nearly 100% uptime ATK buff and phys/all element resistance shred to any enemy near you. Insanely good character that fits almost any team and makes them better. If we had a 2nd character with his exact kit at half the strength, I would still roll for them just to have 2 of him.

Noelle falls off a good bit when you get past world level 6, IMO. She CAN technically still do it all, but she's outperformed by several different characters in each aspect (healing/DEF Scaling GEO dmg). She's still probably the best tank in the whole game, but unfortunately there's zero content where a tank is useful, currently. If we ever got a proper 4 person raid and a provoke mechanic, I could see her being insanely popular.

Ning can put up nice numbers, but without reactions, she'll never be top DPS. She does work as a pseudo healer, but people probably don't need that role, especially from a non-reactive element like GEO.

I hear that Yun Jin is good for Auto attacker characters like Yoimiya, but my Yunjin isn't built out at all, so I haven't tested her yet. Regardless, GEO is a hindrance to her kit instead of a benefit, unless you're running a team of Itto/Gorou/*random GEO*/Yun Jin, AKA the most boring team.

Anyways, Zhongli is good enough to justifty a spot in any team, but the rest of GEO is too specialized or not strong enough to carry them being in such a bad element. In my opinion of course.

Please don't bring up Zhongli again. I'll start ranting about how boring his character is, how boring his kit is, how he ruined the game for a solid few patches and how I want him and his C1 removed from my account permanently.

Pejo

Please don't bring up Zhongli again. I'll start ranting about how boring his character is, how boring his kit is, how he ruined the game for a solid few patches and how I want him and his C1 removed from my account permanently.
Well now I'm curious, what's your beef with him?

Fuz

Banned
Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Yeah, tank is useless on a singleplayer game. Not even in co-op make much sense.

I mean, yeah DOTA types of game, but if your friend die in the co-op there is nothing you can do besides keeping tank? Absorv damage is just one step of being tank, the other is calling enemy attention to make them hit you instead of your ally. GI don't have nothing of this.

Only when 'tanks' have their damage based on max hp or def. Otherwise every member of your team will be death besides the tank.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Irodori Festival was kind of a let down. I like light novels so that was cool and I get it was about showing the Sakoku Decree was abolished, but wasn't too keen on having it be an international event. If you wanted to do that there were better characters than shota and albedo to get involved. I was hoping it would be a more historical and exclusive so maybe the 2nd annual festival will do that.

Kazuha bits were nice though. If only the history of the sword art was what the entire festival was based around.

Zhongli is great. Always will be.

Pejo

What's good about a tank that got no one to protect?
I literally agree with you in the very next part of the sentence lol.

Irodori Festival was kind of a let down. I like light novels so that was cool and I get it was about showing the Sakoku Decree was abolished, but wasn't too keen on having it be an international event. If you wanted to do that there were better characters than shota and albedo to get involved. I was hoping it would be a more historical and exclusive so maybe the 2nd annual festival will do that.

Kazuha bits were nice though. If only the history of the sword art was what the entire festival was based around.

Zhongli is great. Always will be.
I'm still disappointed that Venti was in Inazuma and there was ZERO interaction between he and Ei. He even talked to Yae a little, but come on man.

There were old unused voice lines that hints that he's terrified of her, it would have been a fun interaction.

But yea, kind of a let down for the first major Inazuma event. At least the Kaz part was interesting and the parry gameplay was fun.

Saber

I for one think the parry mini game was pretty lame.
As a user of Beidou, one her main characteristics is the counter skill. But its not like she is just about that. You have her kit, burst and even a constelation that gives electro dmg bonus.

The parry system acts as if the only way to deal damage is to parry. If you don't, you will be hitting like a retard and dealing very low ass damage.

YukiOnna

I'm still disappointed that Venti was in Inazuma and there was ZERO interaction between he and Ei. He even talked to Yae a little, but come on man.

There were old unused voice lines that hints that he's terrified of her, it would have been a fun interaction.

But yea, kind of a let down for the first major Inazuma event. At least the Kaz part was interesting and the parry gameplay was fun.

Missed opportunity to have the archons interact. Need parry in the main game so I can become Sekiro.

Oh well, always chance for next year and 2nd annual Inazuma event. Hopefully that one's set in the city or Watatsumi

Pejo

Is that Scaramouche screen paint for something or what?
It's tied in to the story of both the 5 Kasen and the story of Kaz's family history. I'm not sure what you're asking to be honest.
I for one think the parry mini game was pretty lame.
As a user of Beidou, one her main characteristics is the counter skill. But its not like she is just about that. You have her kit, burst and even a constelation that gives electro dmg bonus.

The parry system acts as if the only way to deal damage is to parry. If you don't, you will be hitting like a retard and dealing very low ass damage.
Well obviously it's not a replacement for an entire kit, but I like the timing element being added, and doing perfect parries felt really satisfying. Especially when you parried all the electro slashes back at them. I use Beidou too, and I still have fun with parries. It was more exciting than "just normal battle but with 1-10 debuffs to make it harder" events, at least.

Also, I remembered last night that Ningguang got a story quest. I was groaning at first because it seemed like they were doing another dialogue heavy "hard worker doing hard work" angles, but at least 3 of the paths were genuinely good. I especially like the branch where you talk to Ying'er and she goes in on both the Traveler and Ning. She's still the best NPC by a country mile.

I still have YEEOOOEOOOWOOOOEEEOO and the dudes to do, but man they take a long time to get all the endings, even skipping text that you've already seen. Out of all of them, I'd say top ranking hangouts are
  1. Beidou - great depth added to the character, branches were all unique
  2. Ningguang - same as above, just slightly more "one note" about being a Mora digger.
  3. Noelle - cute, but just reinforced her main character traits instead of giving us something else
  4. Barbara - same as Noelle but I find her boring as a character. They should have gone more into her family history and situation with Jean.
The rest were unmemorable or dudes. The only male one I tried was Chongus, and it wasn't very good.

Fake

Gold Member
It's tied in to the story of both the 5 Kasen and the story of Kaz's family history. I'm not sure what you're asking to be honest.

week boss ? Looks like that screen paint in the event panel can be eventualy selected, maybe someday.

Also ENOUGH of Theater Mechanicus. Dev team is too attached to that game.

I still trying to understand 'why' they keep pushing this shit. I was asking for the first event of the game from ages.

Last edited:
Top Bottom