• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

My god, no. Fuck that shit already. I had enought of those stupid underground areas.
I just hope it's a proper underground with a map unlike the other underground Sumeru areas.

Did I miss something? I thought most people in this thread enjoyed Chasm, but apparently not.

7bxl0qua0j1a1.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

I just hope it's a proper underground with a map unlike the other underground Sumeru areas.

Did I miss something? I thought most people in this thread enjoyed Chasm, but apparently not.

7bxl0qua0j1a1.jpg
I enjoyed all the underground content so far, I just hope they improve their map system to account for elevation differences (Chasm) and to actually include the cave systems (Sumeru).

Last edited:

Saber

7bxl0qua0j1a1.jpg

Its not my first time expressing my dislike for Chasm. And its not that I don't like some good caves or underground ruins. Its just that Sumeru underground its a fucking maze that serves no purpose and that Chasm is unnecessary complex to the point even the map doesn't help.
I explore both of them and honestly regret in doing so. Next time I will do just like my brother and pretend they don't exist.

Last edited:

SSfox

I dunno if it's good or bad that the main stat on that weapon is EM.

I think the sandstorm is supposed to have a large underground area, maybe more like Chasm? And the northern most area is more of a rocky cliff area than a desert.

MHY hasn't missed with an area in Sumeru yet, in my opinion. I'm sure they're be significantly different enough.
Sounds cool, don't mind Underground area, but they should make new teleport icon for the underground ones to differentiate rom the normal ones.

Will bet the area will have some type of design that will fit Wanderer playstyle for smoother exploration, like many mini montains or something. Can already hear people scream in 3.4 "When's Wanderer Rerun"

Fuz

Banned

I liked chasm much more than I anticipated. Not a fan of caves/underground, I like the open world. But the chasm was very well made.

Speaking of which.
Have you tried the Confounding Abyss? Man, it sure lives up to his name. I fucking hate it. Also, the enemies' HP are way overtuned.

Last edited:

Pejo

I liked chasm much more than I anticipated. Not a fan of caves/underground, I like the open world. But the chasm was very well made.

Speaking of which.
Have you tried the Confounding Abyss? Man, it sure lives up to his name. I fucking hate it.

haven't had any time to really play yet. Logged in during lunch, got Lin at 80 pulls, put her in my phys team and did a few solo interdimensional rifts just to play with her kit. I have no idea what to do with her, but wow there are a lot of numbers popping up. Not particularly big numbers, but many of them. I only had enough mats to get her to 130, but it's easy to see why she was hyped. I'm going to have to watch a few videos to see what I should be doing with her though. It feels like you want to deploy her field, kick off some attacks, then start swapping out to your debuffer/buffer and then your dps sink until Lin discharge is ready and do it again, but that was just at a glance after 15 mins of playing.

I REALLY hate Claudia's kit. it feels like it has zero synergy with any comp I've put her in. Can't drop her soon enough when Lyra arrives. I was looking at Lin's kit, and apparently if you run 3 different elements, she gives resonance to all of the elements in the party anyways, so I might try Shiro/Lin/Crow or Samir. Claudia sucks at both charge and shatter, and her cooldowns are awkwardly long, her discharge misses often, her attack chain is awkward. The hold AND dash attacks always puts you into the air where her attack string is even worse. My biggest regret was wasting rolls on her banner, which was the last one that didn't have character trials before you roll, go figure.

How are you liking Lin?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
haven't had any time to really play yet. Logged in during lunch, got Lin at 80 pulls, put her in my phys team and did a few solo interdimensional rifts just to play with her kit. I have no idea what to do with her, but wow there are a lot of numbers popping up. Not particularly big numbers, but many of them. I only had enough mats to get her to 130, but it's easy to see why she was hyped. I'm going to have to watch a few videos to see what I should be doing with her though. It feels like you want to deploy her field, kick off some attacks, then start swapping out to your debuffer/buffer and then your dps sink until Lin discharge is ready and do it again, but that was just at a glance after 15 mins of playing.

I REALLY hate Claudia's kit. it feels like it has zero synergy with any comp I've put her in. Can't drop her soon enough when Lyra arrives. I was looking at Lin's kit, and apparently if you run 3 different elements, she gives resonance to all of the elements in the party anyways, so I might try Shiro/Lin/Crow or Samir. Claudia sucks at both charge and shatter, and her cooldowns are awkwardly long, her discharge misses often, her attack chain is awkward. The hold AND dash attacks always puts you into the air where her attack string is even worse. My biggest regret was wasting rolls on her banner, which was the last one that didn't have character trials before you roll, go figure.

How are you liking Lin?
I thought you skipped Claudia.
scratch.gif

I have no idea of what I'm doing with Lin. I just drop her field then DPS with the other characters (or with her, floating, which is fun). This game has way too many moving parts for me to make sense of them. For now I left her weapon at 100 with some bad matrices... I'm to lazy to swap them around. No idea how much my DPS improved, especially because I was spending time in the abyss and they're bullet sponges in there.
The new main quest is pretty cool by the way, finally some decent -if not that original- story. Although I haven't finished it yet because, well, it makes you explore the abyss and it's pretty huge and complex.

Fake

Gold Member
I'm not a huge fan of hasm to be honest. Not the interior at least. Outside is super nice.

Last edited:
I thought the Chasm was just barely okay. Caves don't allow for much variety or interesting exploration IMO. Lot's of height differences that don't show up on the mini-map well. The lantern item is an interesting idea, but it really hurts that it's equipped to the only item slot we have. The outside was slightly better, but little more than a giant hole in the ground with annoying cliffs on the side.

Fake

Gold Member
My problem with Chasm are those terrible light mechanics, horrible OST (besides the more deep zone).

The Chasm part outside of the cave near to Lyue is a good stuff.

Pejo

Is there a part 3 of the ongoing antics with Yoimiya/Childe, or was the bit about him not being able to afford gifts for his siblings the end of it? I just finished up the camera event today and didn't see them anywhere this time.

Is there a part 3 of the ongoing antics with Yoimiya/Childe, or was the bit about him not being able to afford gifts for his siblings the end of it? I just finished up the camera event today and didn't see them anywhere this time.
Far as I know that's it. He said he was going home soon and just wanted to get some gifts. Apparently people are livid that their waifu/husbando interacts with someone else, so I doubt we'll see much of these interactions again.

Now I thought it was pretty lazy and random to begin with (What's Childe still doing in Inazuma? He'd rather hang out with random foreign kids than his own family? What an asshole.) but at least it's something in terms of character interaction. Some parts of the community are too easily triggered. They either feel cucked because Yoi talks to a guy, or think their gay ship is ruined. It's not just western fans either. What a shitshow.

So, being poor is a hydro related thing?
Zhongli is also broke.

Pejo

Ahahahahaha.

We need to sterylize all the weeaboos.
Surprisingly this one seems to be mostly women that self insert as Lumine and ship themselves with Childe that seem to be the cause of this controversy. Not that there probably aren't a bunch of incels crying about Yoimiya too.

I thought it was a fun little side story, and wish it would have been more involved. Like the kids get attacked and Yoi/Childe help save them and we join in at the end to fight a dickwolf or something like that.

crumbs

I thought it was a fun little side story, and wish it would have been more involved. Like the kids get attacked and Yoi/Childe help save them and we join in at the end to fight a dickwolf or something like that.
Adding in characters like this is a good way to keep these small, recycled events semi-fresh. Also nice to see characters that don't appear in the main story get some screen time, although it was a bit awkward using a current banner character rather than someone more organic to the region.

IMO it would have made more sense for Childe to be part of the fungi event, what with the Fatui involvement and all, and include Yae and Yoimiya in the photo event. Childe could've aided in the dismantling of the fungi scheme to show what a good boy he is now, and Yae could've done something with the novel illustrations. A much better fit if you ask me.

Like I said, I thought it was rather lazily implemented, but I'd rather have a small appearance of the banner characters than none at all.

deanote666

I just pulled the first fortune slip ever on my 2nd account and got the great slip achievement.

Went back on my main account and got it on my main account too.

Those that still need it might want to pull a bamboo strip today.

Pejo

Well, I finally have some playtime tonight, going to try and finally finish collecting all of the Aranara. Got a glass of whiskey and a dream.

Fuz Fuz
Trailer for CN version 2.4. Looks like we get a bunch of new characters and some new areas (inside a volcano?). Underbooba girl looks pretty fun, like what Nilou should have been. I thought the pink haired girl was finally playable Aegis, but apparently they're still denying me. I need those bayonetta gun boots. Zeke gets an upgrade at the end too.

Fuz

Banned
Well, I finally have some playtime tonight, going to try and finally finish collecting all of the Aranara. Got a glass of whiskey and a dream.

Fuz Fuz
Trailer for CN version 2.4. Looks like we get a bunch of new characters and some new areas (inside a volcano?). Underbooba girl looks pretty fun, like what Nilou should have been. I thought the pink haired girl was finally playable Aegis, but apparently they're still denying me. I need those bayonetta gun boots. Zeke gets an upgrade at the end too.

Man I hate that music and Cetus Island.
I hope the underwater area isn't as counfounding as the labyrinth. On one hand it's pretty cool, interesting and original in its design, but on the other it's a fucking pain to get the POIs and it's plagued by group-only battles tied to exploration% points, good luck doing those in a month when no one will be looking for them anymore.
Not really interested in those new characters. Their design does nothing for me. Right now I only want Marcus/Lyra/Frigg and Ruby (or a cool fire weapon alternative for fire team), the rest is kinda pointless to me.
In any case, despite all the ranting, I'm having a lof of fun with the game. It's really good but needs some tweaks, sometimes it's very apparent that it's their first game.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I made it approximately 1 Aranara in before passing out sitting on the couch with my whiskey basically untouched
Man I hate that music and Cetus Island.
I hope the underwater area isn't as counfounding as the labyrinth. On one hand it's pretty cool, interesting and original in its design, but on the other it's a fucking pain to get the POIs and it's plagued by group-only battles tied to exploration% points, good luck doing those in a month when no one will be looking for them anymore.
Not really interested in those new characters. Their design does nothing for me. Right now I only want Marcus/Lyra/Frigg and Ruby (or a cool fire weapon alternative for fire team), the rest is kinda pointless to me.
In any case, despite all the ranting, I'm having a lof of fun with the game. It's really good but needs some tweaks, sometimes it's very apparent that it's their first game.
Man I dunno, the jank and the bugs are just getting worse with each new content revision added. There's so much daily grind if you want to stay competitive. I think maybe ToF just isn't for me. I really enjoy the combat but everything else just feels so amateur, and GL version is getting absolutely screwed with free currency, event rewards, etc. There's definitely a good game in here, but the banner/content acceleration without consideration or additional rewards to make up for the schedule is just leaving the most sour taste in my mouth. The lack of any action on major bugs, and the general distaste of the GL playerbase by the devs (or more likely Tencent) isn't helping either. Maybe if they could merge servers, it would help, but I'm already having problems finding people to co-op for anything in the overworld, and I'm only a few days behind the zeitgeist. Like I just wandered into Greyspace for the first time yesterday on accident (I haven't done the Vera story yet), and had no fucking clue what to do there, and couldn't find a way to exit so I just had to waste my time running around collecting orbs until I timed out. I'm sure that gets explained in the story, but it was absolutely barren inside there, even on channel 1 in my server.

I don't even have the fun that I used to have in 1.x running around and collecting chests/POIs because there's no dark crystal reward and the increased verticality and multiple levels of the map made them an absolute chore to find. It just makes me appreciate all of the player friendly things that Genshin actually does and how much more respectful of player time and relatively bug free Genshin is.

Pejo Pejo SSfox SSfox

Love the look and the combat style, but something just isn't doing it for me about her. Has it been announced how she'll be obtainable yet? I was hoping that it was some sort of augment system to their original Herrscher forms, even if the item to augment them is gacha only. Hitting us with 3 meta gacha Herrschers in 6 months is gonna be rough for most people.

Probably an undercover MHY official video still trying to get everyone to roll on Scara. They must be terrified that his banner is going to underperform because I have never seen them wank a character so much in the life of the game.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
There's so much daily grind if you want to stay competitive.
Yeah, this is an issue. There's too much to do daily and the routing is tiring me up too - I do the trainings and get the free gifts, then the dailies and dungeons/raid/etc. It really is too much, and resources are fucking scarce.

Greyspace isn't really explained, you just enter there and explore like an extra map, there's energy balls to collect here and there, and your goal is to find portals and close them by beating the guarding boss. There are 3 of them that you better leave alone toh - the whale, the singer in Rudolf's arena and I don't remember the third. Time is limited, you can also exit Gayspace by teleporting anywere (you can't teleport inside Gayspace) or dying. I don't think you're supposed to see anyone inside there.

I haven't tried the red portals yet, WAY too much to do now, but I've seen a video, it's just another map to explore like the green portals, but with crystals that give a different set of bonuses etc. Seems more interesting than green portals.

I don't even have the fun that I used to have in 1.x running around and collecting chests/POIs because there's no dark crystal reward and the increased verticality and multiple levels of the map made them an absolute chore to find.

Oh boy, you're gonna hate the labyrinth.

Anyway, I'm still having tons of fun. I don't care about server population, I rather play these games solo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom