• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Man, this is pathetic.

Mihoyo-Infami.jpg
Not a single primo?

Fuz

Banned
Not a single primo?
They're in the challenges.

But the store, like this, is pathetic. Better not to have a store at all.

SO MUCH FUN fighting the cubes anyway. Fucking invulnerabilty mechanics. Not hard but annoying.

EDIT: The final challenge has no reward at all. Well, good mihoyo. I like this. Let the showoffs have their fun while I scooch away with my satchel of primos.

Last edited:

Saber

Not a single primo?

As Fuz Fuz said, its on the tab of challenges. You have to do the standart challenge so it opens the normal and other difficulties, with exception of extreme.
At least the challenge isn't annoying. No stupid mechanics or handicaps, just enemies with more hp and auras.

Fuz

Banned
Gave it a go to the challenge stage, anyway.

Pretty easy tbh... until the regenerating phase with 2 sets of walls, biting cold and the moving seelie. Nah, I'm not dealing with that shit.

Saber

Gave it a go to the challenge stage, anyway.

Pretty easy tbh... until the regenerating phase with 2 sets of walls, biting cold and the moving seelie. Nah, I'm not dealing with that shit.

I pretty much like that ice wall. Could be an interesting idea for a character kit.

Saber

No, the wall in itself is ok. The combo double wall+cold+moving seelie+regeneration is not. Give it a try.

Nope. Too old for this shit, I'm ok with hard challenge though. Also, I saw my brother got an ik from the cube, so thats a no no lmao

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Fuz
I did clear the highest difficulty with Yoimiya (in one go btw). It's pretty tough but not impossible. It's nice to have a challenge, but we're not even getting mora or anything as a reward. This event reminds me of the stuff we used to get in the 1.X updates. Pretty fun.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo
Codes:

F2BTW
GAU205GL
soccerfan

Also, twitch drops are active if you're interested.
Boy their redemption codes make Genshin's look like Christmas morning. 8k gold and some fish? Fuck off Hotta. Still, one purple nucleus is better than a kick to the nuts I guess.

Also, I looked up the Twitch Drops, Genshin actually has some too. Genshin's is like 4 hours of watching streamers *pukes* for 30 primogems.

ToF's is 8 hours for 100 Dark Crystals and an avatar frame or something. Fucking cheapasses. I would never stoop that low.

So Honkai Impact's relatively successful clone Punishing Gray Raven just released a PC Beta client, and I was lucky enough to get in on it. The visuals, gameplay, and performance at 4k on my current rig is really impressive. Full disclosure I already play this on mobile, but it's tough to recommend on there due to control/input issues and the text/UI being TINY on a phone screen. I heard it plays well on an emulator but I couldn't get it working in a satisfactory way.

Anyways, the native PC client for PGR bodes well for their follow-up game, the clone of Genshin called Wuthering Waves which has been talked about in this thread before, which is why I'm bringing it up here. I hope it does well if for no other reason than to keep Genshin and MHY from being complacent, as several things in PGR were later adopted into Honkai Impact by MHY. Kind of a symbiotic relationship between the two games. I expect WW/Genshin to be similar.

Saber

There's also a new webevent going live today. Perfect for players who just cannot get enough of the Koroks Aranara.

I did though, its not bad actually. Just doing a few simple things in game and on the event and its done(not 100% though). It doesn't even push my phone, like some absurd web events they were doing.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
3411 Hero's Wit?

Level your characters!
N E V E R !

So, yesterday night I got some free red matrix pulls from laby exploration (it actually wasn't that bad, when you understand how things work it became enjoyable. Still not great toh) and decided to pull for Saki matrixes. First pull gave me a Saki matrix! Nice. Then I got a King (which is very welcome, I got a full set and some are upgraded so I have the first 2nd bonus active) and Saki at pity... but it was the same type as the first one -_- no problem anyway, I bought another in the store and also managed to get Saki to A2 with her pity tokens. All in all a good haul.
Funny thing, I also had tremendous luck in pulling in DFFOO, got a new character full kit with very low resources spending! Yesterday was a really good gacha day for me.
Then I went to bed and I realized I should have pulled on Genshin too, GODDAMMIT!

Edit: New codes:
  1. VERASTRONG: Gold nucleus
  2. HA43L8FK: 150 DC
  3. TOFXMAS: 150 DC
  4. TOFXANYC

Also, I looked up the Twitch Drops, Genshin actually has some too. Genshin's is like 4 hours of watching streamers *pukes* for 30 primogems.
30 Primos is pathetic and I'm not gonna do it as a protest, but those twitch prizes are no big deal... just leave a muted window open and you're set. I'm doing ToF's.

Last edited:
Thoughts on what they've shown for 3.3?

We're back to the six week cycle. I have mixed feelings on this. It's good for saving freemos(?), but three week banners just drag a lot, and updates such as this lack the content to sustain interest otherwise. I feel like we're reverting back to "normal" Genshin where there isn't much to do most of the time. I've been playing from the start and it's somehow still a shock when we return to this phase.

Don't give a damn about Scara, so I'm not looking forward to his quest, and have no reason to run the new domain. The events seem okay. More mini-games, but the theming is pretty fun. Otherwise it's mostly repeats of older stuff like Windtrace. Virtually no combat events. The TCG is a big addition but not everyone's gonna be into it. For me it depends on how fun the actual rule set is.

So overall 3.3 seems okay but not great. They obviously can't always release new areas, but this feels somewhat light for the end of the year when many people hunker down inside and play some games.

Pejo

Confirmed 3.3 is the Fujo patch. I ain't spending a single primo this time.
N E V E R !

So, yesterday night I got some free red matrix pulls from laby exploration (it actually wasn't that bad, when you understand how things work it became enjoyable. Still not great toh) and decided to pull for Saki matrixes. First pull gave me a Saki matrix! Nice. Then I got a King (which is very welcome, I got a full set and some are upgraded so I have the first 2nd bonus active) and Saki at pity... but it was the same type as the first one -_- no problem anyway, I bought another in the store and also managed to get Saki to A2 with her pity tokens. All in all a good haul.
Funny thing, I also had tremendous luck in pulling in DFFOO, got a new character full kit with very low resources spending! Yesterday was a really good gacha day for me.
Then I went to bed and I realized I should have pulled on Genshin too, GODDAMMIT!

Edit: New codes:
  1. VERASTRONG: Gold nucleus
  2. HA43L8FK: 150 DC
  3. TOFXMAS: 150 DC
  4. TOFXANYC

30 Primos is pathetic and I'm not gonna do it as a protest, but those twitch prizes are no big deal... just leave a muted window open and you're set. I'm doing ToF's.
Damn, quite a haul. I had surprisingly great gacha luck yesterday in other gachas I play too. It was our time.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

We're back to the six week cycle. I have mixed feelings on this. It's good for saving freemos(?), but three week banners just drag a lot, and updates such as this lack the content to sustain interest otherwise. I feel like we're reverting back to "normal" Genshin where there isn't much to do most of the time. I've been playing from the start and it's somehow still a shock when we return to this phase.

Don't give a damn about Scara, so I'm not looking forward to his quest, and have no reason to run the new domain. The events seem okay. More mini-games, but the theming is pretty fun. Otherwise it's mostly repeats of older stuff like Windtrace. Virtually no combat events. The TCG is a big addition but not everyone's gonna be into it. For me it depends on how fun the actual rule set is.

So overall 3.3 seems okay but not great. They obviously can't always release new areas, but this feels somewhat light for the end of the year when many people hunker down inside and play some games.

Unfortunatelly is very bad for me.
Even ignoring 3.3, the next area update is yet another part of desert full of underground areas that I find detestable. And given that the other next new characters I have interest are nowhere to be found, I'm really not looking foward to this. Just remember that next year a lot of big titles will be launched almost at the same time. No way I will keep chewing this game until the next area appears, by the time something interesting happens I will be gone from this game once again.

I'm totally with you. Never have any interest on Scara and the leaks, in conjuction with the massive dick sucking for this character, really makes me want to take a step away from this game. Probably will not even touch Scara quest either, and like you I have zero reason to run new domains thanks to the absurd amount of Faruzan nerfs, which made me give up on her completelly.

Overall for me 3.3 is terrible and basically dead. I'm not the type of person that look to versions just looking for events, and one of the most boring events for me is coming back. It's like they want me to quit playing their game as sooner as I predicted.

Last edited:

ssringo

Gold Member
Just recently got enough primo to hit pity so looking forward to obtaining Raiden (still working on Inazuma and haven't met her though). How is her banner-mate Ayato? Barbara is my only Hydro atm but I've also not started building a second team yet.

Saber

Just recently got enough primo to hit pity so looking forward to obtaining Raiden (still working on Inazuma and haven't met her though). How is her banner-mate Ayato? Barbara is my only Hydro atm but I've also not started building a second team yet.

Can't say much since I don't play him, but I often see him on perma-frost builds so I believe he handle pretty well in combat.
Note that my only hydros are Barbara and Candance, and both work well as perma-frost maidens.

Pejo

I haven't seen almost anybody use Ayato in the co-op stuff I've ever done. You'll get to play him in his trial and check him out during his banner, so just do that and see if you like him. Shogun is infinitely more useful out of the two though.

Jez this new event get 2 days delay? wtf
Speaking of - just tried it today for the first time. Is there literally any reason at all to do Extreme, or just for e-peen?

Fake

Gold Member
Speaking of - just tried it today for the first time. Is there literally any reason at all to do Extreme, or just for e-peen?

No reason at all. Remember that those events get a bad reputation of being meta players target, so now they don't give rewards anymore.

crumbs

Agreed.

v3.3 enjoyment will boil down to one's interest in the TCG and more Scaramouche content. Everything else looks underwhelming. Reminds me of v1.5 when they introduced the Teapot. If you weren't into that, the rest of the patch was really light on content.

Personally, I'm also disappointed that we don't get Dragonspine content in December. I know MiHoYo doesn't care about western holidays, but it worked out the last couple of years. Plus the Albedo character stories were actually interesting compared to most of the other character story quests. I'm also guessing that we won't see any Dragonspire in the near future since v3.4 will probably be another Lantern Rite festival + the rumored release of another Sumeru region.

SSfox

Agreed.

v3.3 enjoyment will boil down to one's interest in the TCG and more Scaramouche content. Everything else looks underwhelming. Reminds me of v1.5 when they introduced the Teapot. If you weren't into that, the rest of the patch was really light on content.

Personally, I'm also disappointed that we don't get Dragonspine content in December. I know MiHoYo doesn't care about western holidays, but it worked out the last couple of years. Plus the Albedo character stories were actually interesting compared to most of the other character story quests. I'm also guessing that we won't see any Dragonspire in the near future since v3.4 will probably be another Lantern Rite festival + the rumored release of another Sumeru region.
Yeah Dragonspine was one of the best event and one of my favorite region. It was a nice patch too since it gives the Albedo BiS (my favorite character), feel lucky i started the game right before this patch.

Fake

Gold Member
If I would guess, people complain about Dragonspine mechanic.

I particully hate the cold mechanic, but is about the lack of counter measures all this stupid cold feel.

- They should make any 'warm' food decrease or stop the cold gauge. Warm food stop the gauge, spicy food decrease the gauge.
- Even so there is a commission that you simple give the NPC 'food' for his cold LOL
- You need to stay near to the fire to warm up, but molotov from Treasure hunters or Fatuis pyro damage don't decrease the cold?

As I said, is just annoying that they could simple give you a couple of methods to litelary make the cold mechanic not so annyoing. They just don't want and thats what people want to avoid Dragonspine.

In fact, if wasn't the Mondstad commission I would never put a step into Dragonspine ever. I like the OST, but they keep vary between the Dragonspine music and that terrible Mondstad music.

Is that legit?

Whats is this about? And Alhaitham rerun without he even release?

Last edited:

SSfox

I particully hate the cold mechanic, but is about the lack of counter measures all this stupid cold feel.

- They should make any 'warm' food decrease or stop the cold gauge. Warm food stop the gauge, spicy food decrease the gauge.
- Even so there is a commission that you simple give the NPC 'food' for his cold LOL
- You need to stay near to the fire to warm up, but molotov from Treasure hunters or Fatuis pyro damage don't decrease the cold?

As I said, is just annoying that they could simple give you a couple of methods to litelary make the cold mechanic not so annyoing. They just don't want and thats what people want to avoid Dragonspine.

In fact, if wasn't the Mondstad commission I would never put a step into Dragonspine ever. I like the OST, but they keep vary between the Dragonspine music and that terrible Mondstad music.

No Yelan in 3.4 based on an Uncle, but could find the source.

Pejo

Is that legit?

This is just usual baseless clickbait youtuber trash. Yelan and Hu Tao were never rumored to run in 3.4 with any of the leaks as far as I know, that's just this particular youtuber coping. If we want to talk about rerun deficit, Shenhe has NEVER had a rerun and it's been like 8 patches since she released, making her one of the longest 5*s without a rerun in the game.

Everybody is using the exact same leak resources which are twitter/reddit usually translated from a post on Bilibili.

Saber

Did Shenhe even got solid numbers? Just a question, but maybe they aren't rerunning her because they know it won't give them enought profit.

Pejo

Did Shenhe even got solid numbers? Just a question, but maybe they aren't rerunning her because they know it won't give them enought profit.
She did middling numbers, but she premiered at the same time as the first Xiao rerun, so who knows what the split actually was. It's entirely their fault for releasing a 5* support heavy character with only 1 DPS that can really take advantage of her (Ayaka). None of that has really changed yet, so I assumed they would rerun her after the next big Cryo DPS carry, but well...

Ganyu can use her a bit, but the positioning is awkward and Ganyu doens't attack quickly enough to make it really work.

rVZq1yD.jpg

I think Hu Tao is the one who's waited the longest. Her last banner was a year ago, right after Halloween.

As for Shenhe, I assume she'll do a bit better now because more people will have access to Ganyu and Ayaka. Shenhe came out before either of them could have their first rerun.

Have any of you tried the pyro cube on extreme? Borderline impossible for me. I just can't apply enough hydro to keep his shield down, not even with three hydro characters. This is extremely tough without Ayato.

Saber

Have any of you tried the pyro cube on extreme? Borderline impossible for me. I just can't apply enough hydro to keep his shield down, not even with three hydro characters. This is extremely tough without Ayato.

I already knew it would be complicated. World boss Pyro cube its one of worst cubes to deal so far because of the amount of hp, weird shield mechanic and that using hydro isn't enought to deal with it.

deanote666

Wasn't there the warming potion?

Never used it so I don't know the effects.

Annoying that Diluc is holding a burning sword and still freezes to death.

Fake

Gold Member
Wasn't there the warming potion?

Never used it so I don't know the effects.

Annoying that Diluc is holding a burning sword and still freezes to death.

There is one food exclusive to Dragonspine cold mechanic and have an absurd delay to reuse.

ssringo

Gold Member
I think the crafted potion mentioned was just a bottle you could place that acted as a heat source. Seemed largely a waste to me since it wasn't a reusable gadget. I just used natural sources and cleared the zone fairly easily other than super boar.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
There's also a crafted item you could place that acted as a heat source. Seemed largely a waste to me since it wasn't a reusable gadget. I just used natural sources and cleared the zone fairly easily other than super boar.

Will vary between playerstyle.

I remember when Dragonspine release people are not at their max level/max talent at final level, not even 4* with full cons.

People don't usually take that into consideration. Some just jump into Dragonspine, one hit kill everyone and say its fine.

I'm now at late game. The cold mechanic is just annyoing, but nothing there inside Dragonspine scary me anymore.

Pejo

C6 Childe (well really C4 or above would be fine) made easy work of the Pyro Cube boss in the event. The fact that he tags the enemy with Hydro and it automatically erupts every few seconds took away a lot of the concern with keeping the shields down etc.

I'm ready for 3.3 to be over already, and it hasn't even dropped yet. I am not confident I'm going to enjoy the card game, and the rest of the content seems just like normal primogem dressing. Even if I enjoy Scara in the trial, I'm skipping him to send a message and I'll pick him up on a rerun or something down the line.

Really hoping we get Dehya's kit verification leaks soon.

Top Bottom