• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Looks great

Not pulling, if anything i do a multi to try snipe Fremilet, but still hesitating cause i don't want Childe and i already have the Z.
This is the thing. The trend with the X.0 patches are always like this, and the reasoning behind why they hold the more "hype" characters to later versions is that players will be occupied with learning the new mechanics and exploring the new locals in the X.0 version (and they need to give reasons to hype players for later versions, character are one of them). Even the story is generally the weakest in the X.0 version of a new region. There is always a major cliffhanger endpoint for the launch version of every new region. I didn't expect anything less from the characters in version 4.0.

Lyney, Lynette seem pretty standard/average, although Pyro already makes Lyney more interesting, then there's a dogshit character like Dehya... So I'm not holding my breath. Zhongli and Childe are really good characters overall, but they are here since version 1.1 so what will carry sales is Freminet being new and Childe having a role in the Archon Quest. I really wish they released a Delusion Childe, that would sell A LOT and could open up the opportunity for most Harbingers to turn out to be playable.

What will probably sell a lot in 4.0 is the weapon banner because Lyney's weapon gives 66% C.Dmg, and Yelan's bow is basically Staff of Homa bow version with 88% C.Dmg. The only other EXTREMELY good DPS bow is Thundering Pulse but that will probably only get a rerun with Yoimiya.

Idk, 4.0 will probably make people spend more than intended because it's a new region. However, I expect a good portion of the players learned their lesson about waiting/saving enough for when the Archon drops. Only thing I know for sure is that Fontaine seems more promising than Sumeru. Sumeru characters are so hit or miss like Dehya, Tighnari, Dori, Collei, Candace, or, even interchangeable with already existing characters like Al-Haitham (who is really good)/Cyno with a character like Keqing who got buffed by Dendro reactions. Only unit I felt was a must pull was Nahida, she is miles above any other Dendro unit.

Let's hope Fontaine brings more interesting team comps and gameplay options. And for the love of all elements, make the Geo lady not be hot garbo like most Geo characters that aren't Zhongli.

Last edited:

SSfox

Yes i'm having my eyes of demoiselle Navia especially as a Geo main, hopefully she bring something legit to the Geo

Best case scenario would be she Shield and can buff CA. She make Itto even more stronger.

Last edited:
I’ll only be pulling for yelan and zhongli
Don’t care for any of the new characters so far.

Edit.
How do we get the free character?

Last edited:
I'm torn between pulling for kokomi, waiting for yelan or zhongli, or waiting for the Archon. Right now my on field DPS is a C6 Razor. My healer is Qiqi, who barely does any damage, and I also have a Venti who gets plenty of use. I wouldn't mind eventually getting another main DPS.

Zhongli seems boring, though, and yelan seems like a five star Xingqiu (plus I'm not really a big fan of bows). I guess kokomi is pretty much a five star barbra, but she seems like she'd be a lot more useful, do more damage, and apply status a lot more effectively, so I'm still leaning towards her.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Also, kind of lame how they don't have the voice actors doing the presentation for the special programs anymore. When did that end? Is that a result of the actor's strike?

Last edited:

Pejo

3BRLL59ZCZKD

WA845MQHUHKH

ZT8MLL8GCYKM

New areas are always exciting though. Visually and thematically Fontaine seems appealing enough. Looking forward to it.
I just watched the trailer, I'll have to watch the special program later when I have more time. But yea, the areas and atmosphere are gorgeous.

A few thoughts:

• Turns out banner leaks were right on. Sk-sk-sk-skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppp for me. I'm actually sitting on an all time high of primogems and wishes right now, just saving the day away, probably for Focalors since they haven't missed with an Archon yet as far as being unique/useful.
  • Areas look great. Lots of atmosphere and the various sealife underwater looks fantastic to add ambiance.
  • I hate every single Fontaine character that they've shown so far. Even GEO girl who will probably have an awful kit like every other non-Zhong GEO. I'm still mad that they chose the absolute worst iteration of Chlorinde (Bloodborne girl). Fuck the character designers for 4.X, they can eat an underwater dick.
  • I like the automatons just walking around as part of Fontaine daily life. Gives it a unique vibe.
  • I'm one of the few in this thread that's hype for Childe to be back in the story. Hope he doesn't job to dandyman Neuvelette.
  • "Killing" Lynette and putting us on trial seems to be the first part of the Fontaine archon story, based on that trailer?
  • I hope Focalors ends up being evil or downright unlikeable without a redemption arc. Much more interesting that way. I am fully aware she won't be.
  • That "flying machine" rumor from forever ago turned out to be true. Looks like our new vehicle might be that flying whale car. Hope you guys have been practicing with Sorush/Wanderer for controlling it.
  • "events' are mostly lame this time, but there will be so much content, I'm kinda glad.
  • Overall, the least excited I've been for a new nation, which sucks. Back in 1.X I was most excited to see Fontaine, but that's when I expected it to be more of a Phantom Thief/Noire setting than dandy France and The Little Mermaid.

Yes i'm having my eyes of demoiselle Navia especially as a Geo main, hopefully she bring something legit to the Geo

Best case scenario would be she Shield and can buff CA. She make Itto even more stronger.
For your sake, I hope you're right and she's good. I still wonder if the game is going to actually let us choose which side of the story we want to be on for Fontaine like the old rumors said. I'm gonna be on the more evil side if so just because it'd be more interesting. Like if I could have picked the Shogunate in Inazuma, I'd have wiped Gorou and Watatsumi Island off the map.

They're both must haves, in my opinion. Zhongli is like turning on the "easy mode" for 90% of content. Even if you don't like playing like that long term, it's nice to have him. I myself only use him when I'm bored of a combat event or something that I don't feel like messing around with the mechanics. Yelan is just a lot of fun and insanely strong on her own or with any other element as a DPS carry for insane supplemental damage. And she's the fastest traversal character in the game.

How do we get the free character?
Yeah, it says you can claim her from some kind of event page. I guess that could be in-game too. The AR25 requirement doesn't matter much for most players. I think you can easily achieve that within a patch.
It's gonna be just like how we got Collei in 3.0. There will be a quest and you can claim her from in the game after doing it, just like a usual event character.

I'm torn between pulling for kokomi, waiting for yelan or zhongli, or waiting for the Archon. Right now my on field DPS is a C6 Razor. My healer is Qiqi, who barely does any damage, and I also have a Venti who gets plenty of use. I wouldn't mind eventually getting another main DPS.
Yea you could use all sorts of characters tbh. If you want damage, out of the new lineup, Childe or Yelan is your best bet. They both work as both on-field DPS and off-field, but Yelan is decidedly built better to be used alongside another DPS. Zhongli is arguably the best QoL you can get in the game to make general content easier if you are having a tough time in challenges or just world quest stuff. If you only care about on-field DPS, it may be better to skip this patch as none of them are top tier DPS carries. I'd argue both Yelan and Zhongli are good pickups that you want to have in your account though. Also, since Dendro, reaction based DPS teams have gotten a lot better where you just swap around and let the passive reactions do the real damage instead of a single character, if you'd prefer to play that way. In that case, Zhongli, Childe, and Yelan are all still good.
I guess kokomi is pretty much a five star barbra, but she seems like she'd be a lot more useful, do more damage, and apply status a lot more effectively, so I'm still leaning towards her.
Kokomi's damage is nothing to talk about on its own, her utility comes from the heals and the wide area, somewhat long lasting AoE Hydro application for reaction based teams as I mentioned above. If you want to use the Clam artifact set, her overheals get added to a bubble that does extra damage when it pops, but I find some of the utility artifact sets more useful than that, personally. The Clam set also works on Qiqi to give her a little more upside and damage.
Also, kind of lame how they don't have the voice actors doing the presentation for the special programs anymore. When did that end? Is that a result of the actor's strike?
I think you're the only one in the thread that wants to see more of them. Its "trust us it's not scripted guys LMAO" "AHAHAHAHA ZACK YOU SUCK AT THE GAME HAHAHAA" script is ultra cringe and makes the whole thing more painful to watch in my opinion.

I really wish they released a Delusion Childe, that would sell A LOT and could open up the opportunity for most Harbingers to turn out to be playable.
Just do it yourself since miHoYon't:

Idk, 4.0 will probably make people spend more than intended because it's a new region. However, I expect a good portion of the players learned their lesson about waiting/saving enough for when the Archon drops. Only thing I know for sure is that Fontaine seems more promising than Sumeru. Sumeru characters are so hit or miss like Dehya, Tighnari, Dori, Collei, Candace, or, even interchangeable with already existing characters like Al-Haitham (who is really good)/Cyno with a character like Keqing who got buffed by Dendro reactions. Only unit I felt was a must pull was Nahida, she is miles above any other Dendro unit.
Wish I could say I felt the same, but I think things are about to get even worse with Fontaine. They were so unconfident in their own abilities to make new character kits that they added this positive/negative mechanic to JUST Fontaine characters because without it they think nobody will pull the awfully designed shit.
Let's hope Fontaine brings more interesting team comps and gameplay options. And for the love of all elements, make the Geo lady not be hot garbo like most Geo characters that aren't Zhongli.
I have suspicions that the entire 4.X is gonna be more of the tired same shit from gameplay, but I'm in for the top class exploration/world quest story and seeing the new areas. Plus if leaks are true and we get Skirk and Cloud Retainer, that's enough to keep me happy until Natlan character wise.

*edit*

Here's just the 4.0 trailer without the Special Program if anybody is interested.

Last edited:
Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?
Kokomi is strong in healing, hydro application and buffing. She works best for freeze and (hyper)bloom teams. It doesn't sound like these are teams you can build right now.

Zhongli is a strong and universal character that brings great comfort, but I agree he's boring. Some people swear by him. You'll never get smacked around anymore and can play like enemies don't exist. I personally prefer running a healer since some enemies bypass shields and I hate using food for healing. I don't think it'd be worth it to run both in one team.

Yelan is fun to play and really strong, but she is basically an alternative to Xingqiu. If you're lacking primos this may be one to skip. For now.

I'd just save for the hydro archon. She's a safe investment and will likely thrive in pretty much any team. Beyond that you can go for any DPS you like and maybe start saving a bit for Nahida for whenever she gets a rerun so you can benefit from her busted kit and dendro reactions.

Also, kind of lame how they don't have the voice actors doing the presentation for the special programs anymore. When did that end?
They only do these Chinese streams when a new nation is released. And maybe with Lunar new year. The rest of the time they get the VAs to do the stream.

Pejo

Neat, hope it's not PS5 exclusive like that volumetric fog:

e33zq1mdw5gb1.png

Last edited:
Was this dev diary shared by the way?

There isn't too much info in there, but this one's pretty important:

"The dev team has also noticed that the current Daily Commission mechanics are not flexible enough [...] the relevant optimizations are currently in the pipeline. When the time comes, Travelers will be able to obtain daily rewards in a new format."

Huge if true, but a shame it's not happening immediately with 4.0.

I'm just happy we're getting in-game multi-layered maps. Anyone who explored King Deshret tomb without any guides on interactive map knows the pain it is to get lost in the same-looking corridors (which I still think was part of the fun of exploration for me).

Pejo

I'm just happy we're getting in-game multi-layered maps. Anyone who explored King Deshret tomb without any guides on interactive map knows the pain it is to get lost in the same-looking corridors (which I still think was part of the fun of exploration for me).
Yea the underground maps are sorely needed for Sumeru. Big QoL for sure, and I'm a little peeved it took them this long to implement it.

Banners are shaping up for 4.1:

Wriothesley, Venti, Neuvillette so far

Wriothesley will go to Standard after his run like Dehya/Tighnari, so if you want to guarantee him, this is your only chance. No word on 4*s yet.

Pejo

b69.jpg

At least I get to save up some more.
Looks like Hu Tao is the last banner of 4.1.

Icymanipulator Icymanipulator I encourage you to spend some time in Hu Tao's trials before blindly pulling her around the hype. She's one of my three 5* regrets from pulling that I just don't enjoy playing at all. Her whole deal is managing her HP to stay low but not dying to do good damage. It's extremely annoying to balance for general content, Abyss not withstanding. I'm not saying don't pull her, because she's still one of the strongest in the game (I think?), but it's a very specific playstyle and I NEVER see anybody use her in co-op or just doing exploration.

Looks like Hu Tao is the last banner of 4.1.

Icymanipulator Icymanipulator I encourage you to spend some time in Hu Tao's trials before blindly pulling her around the hype. She's one of my three 5* regrets from pulling that I just don't enjoy playing at all. Her whole deal is managing her HP to stay low but not dying to do good damage. It's extremely annoying to balance for general content, Abyss not withstanding. I'm not saying don't pull her, because she's still one of the strongest in the game (I think?), but it's a very specific playstyle and I NEVER see anybody use her in co-op or just doing exploration.

Nice heads up, I looked her up, I’m not the biggest fan of her design anyway, so I think it’s a safe pass for me then lol. I know everyone says Dehya isn’t good, but I’d rather have her then Tao just based on design alone.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'm way behind quest wise and only now I did the Caribert story line...

So Kaiya has some sort of connection to the Abyss Order founder family? Any idea who this Sinner might be?

Had a blue wish from something and let it rip and got Heizou, tbh he looks kind of plain, but better then another 3* weapon.

My gf just did a random pull and got Bennett. I hear his name all the time in team comps. Of course she gets all the luck lol

Pejo

I'm way behind quest wise and only now I did the Caribert story line...

So Kaiya has some sort of connection to the Abyss Order founder family? Any idea who this Sinner might be?
There are a few theories floating around on the sinner, but it's safe to say that he's one of the descenders like us - someone not from Teyvat and not written in Irminsul. It's been a minute since I did that quest so I don't remember it very well.

Also, as far as K, yea. The last name is the same but it's undetermined if it's a branch family or how they even structured their families. Have you seen the entrance to Khaenri'ah under the desert yet? Kaeya mentions that he had only been to Sumeru once before that story quest and that was when he was a child and he went to the desert. I'm guessing it will be connected somehow.

Man they really need to speed up the "main" story quest. It's always so long between chapters that I forget everything that already happened.

Had a blue wish from something and let it rip and got Heizou, tbh he looks kind of plain, but better then another 3* weapon.

My gf just did a random pull and got Bennett. I hear his name all the time in team comps. Of course she gets all the luck lol
I don't personally like Heizou's playstyle. Feels weak and messy, but some people like him. I feel like Wanderer ate his lunch though.

Don't worry about Bennett, we're all getting a free copy in 4.0 in Fontaine from the event. He's the best buffer in the entire game and you'll almost always see him in e-peen showoff videos on YouTube and reddit. A tryhard meta slave's darling character. I personally can't stand him and only recently built him to try to make Dehya do.... something. (spoiler, it didn't work).

*edit*

xpi3905smggb1.jpg

(bottom right is Da Wei - CEO of MHY, for those not in the know)

Last edited:

deanote666

Read up on Bennett's constellation 6. C6 completely changes how he buffs and many choose to not activate his C6.

Bennett C5 boosts everyone's attack.
Bennett C6 turns everyone's attack to pyro, which can actually lower damage, depending on the character.

This has to be one of the worst-timed events in Genshin. Apart from newcomers, who the fuck is farming for old talent books when Fontaine is a week away?

BJK

Zhongli is a strong and universal character that brings great comfort, but I agree he's boring. Some people swear by him. You'll never get smacked around anymore and can play like enemies don't exist. I personally prefer running a healer since some enemies bypass shields and I hate using food for healing. I don't think it'd be worth it to run both in one team..

Zhongli is one of two 5* characters that I’m committed to going “all in” for despite my f2p approach to the game (Miko will be my target after ZL). Currently C2, with nearly 140 pulls saved up, so I’m hoping for at least 2 Constellations this time around. There is just something about seeing his ult take a chunk off a boss’s health bar that just feels good, plus the massive shield that prevents interrupts (which works really well with a main DPS who strings together rapid attacks like Yoimiya or Ganyu) and that spreads to your teammates when doing multis. Badly want to see what his healing is like, which is why his C6 is my top priority.

I always run a healer, but not always a shield generator. There’s something to be said for nigh-invulnerable characters. Main DPS (Yoimiya, Childe, Eula, Ganyu, Nilou) + healer (Jean, Barbara, Qiqi, Bennett, Yaoyao) + off-field sub-DPS (Yae Miko, Raiden Shogun, Mona, Fischl, Xiangling, Venti) + Shielder (ZL, Kirara, Noelle, Yanfei…I could include Thoma, but then I’d have to remember him) -or- 2nd sub-DPS. I rarely feel like I “need” the second sub-DPS for reactions, so being able to pop a shield actually makes the 4th spot useful.

Almost completely missed doing an event, until I noticed. Last night that it was ending in a few hours. Perfect fit for my account, being able to cycle different combinations based on the enemy list. This approach even gives me a reason to work on talent books for some of the tertiary characters that I don’t have up to 9/9/9 or better, especially since I already finished the battle pass.

Last edited:

deanote666

Zhongli is one of two 5* characters that I’m committed to going “all in” for despite my f2p approach to the game (Miko will be my target after ZL). Currently C2, with nearly 140 pulls saved up, so I’m hoping for at least 2 Constellations this time around. There is just something about seeing his ult take a chunk off a boss’s health bar that just feels good, plus the massive shield that prevents interrupts (which works really well with a main DPS who strings together rapid attacks like Yoimiya or Ganyu) and that spreads to your teammates when doing multis. Badly want to see what his healing is like, which is why his C6 is my top priority.

I always run a healer, but not always a shield generator. There’s something to be said for nigh-invulnerable characters. Main DPS (Yoimiya, Childe, Eula, Ganyu, Nilou) + healer (Jean, Barbara, Qiqi, Bennett, Yaoyao) + off-field sub-DPS (Yae Miko, Raiden Shogun, Mona, Fischl, Xiangling, Venti) + Shielder (ZL, Kirara, Noelle, Yanfei…I could include Thoma, but then I’d have to remember him) -or- 2nd sub-DPS. I rarely feel like I “need” the second sub-DPS for reactions, so being able to pop a shield actually makes the 4th spot useful.

Almost completely missed doing an event, until I noticed. Last night that it was ending in a few hours. Perfect fit for my account, being able to cycle different combinations based on the enemy list. This approach even gives me a reason to work on talent books for some of the tertiary characters that I don’t have up to 9/9/9 or better, especially since I already finished the battle pass.
I'll vouch for C6 Miko. She annihilates everything by herself.

C4 Zhongli haver here. Hoping for C6 eventually too.

Reactions: BJK

Pejo

This has to be one of the worst-timed events in Genshin. Apart from newcomers, who the fuck is farming for old talent books when Fontaine is a week away?
Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad

I just recently started building my Nilou. Now that I have a glut of Dendro/Hydro characters to make her team comps work, I gotta say her bountiful core setup is the most insane passive damage I've ever seen. Nilou + Nahida + a healer or shielder is all you need. I've been doing Nilou/Nahida/Candace (not that she's good but I want to use her somewhere)/Yaoyao, and stuff just dies. I gotta say it's pretty hilarious using Yaoyao's ult and just zooming around in circles while shit explodes and heals explode and enemies die. 40k damage explosion on bountiful cores, and that's on completely wrong set/unleveled artifacts. Still wish Candace was a proper shielder character instead of what we got though.

It's a shame that his healing isn't until c6, but really considering how insane Zhongli's kit is, it's like icing on the cake. The only downsides I see to it are that you actually have to get hit to trigger the healing, so no out of battle top-ups, and that if you use him for low HP character shenanigans like Hu Tao/Xiao with that newish artifact set, you can't play longer at max damage. But for the vast majority of players that doesn't matter. Still, I wish they'd add that constellation toggle that people have been requesting since they started c6'ing their Bennetts. Why not just give the option, it seems silly.

I just recently started building my Nilou.
Only now?! What have you been up to all this time man? I thought you didn't even farm artifacts. I'll forgive you since you use the same team as I do.

I remembered just in time that I could pre-farm a bit for the eventual Kirara so I guess the event is not entirely pointless to me.

Pejo

Only now?! What have you been up to all this time man? I thought you didn't even farm artifacts. I'll forgive you since you use the same team as I do.

I remembered just in time that I could pre-farm a bit for the eventual Kirara so I guess the event is not entirely pointless to me.
I don't understand how you guys build characters so quickly if I'm being honest. Do you guys use moons when you get a new character? I've been saving my moons (have like 200 now I think?) for when I need them, otherwise I just do daily resin burns once a day and call it. And I don't even farm artifacts. It just takes a crazy amount of time to max talents, weapons, and levels. I find talents being the longest grind outside of artifacts, and it can get even worse if you run out of Mora since the high levels are so expensive. Then again, I also don't overlap weapons, so I built a level 90 weapon for every character I use.

Still, I'm surprised that I'm the only daily player here that is still building characters. Maybe you guys don't 9/9/9 level 90/weapon level 90 a character, but that's what I consider them being "built". I even level useless talents like Zhongli/Diona's basic attack.

By the way InterMusketeer InterMusketeer , have you ever looked into the modding scene? I was frankly shocked at how huge it is. There 's some crazy stuff out there. Things that fix a lot of the problems you and I have with the game too.
64ad2b58c98a2.jpg

I don't understand how you guys build characters so quickly if I'm being honest. Do you guys use moons when you get a new character? I've been saving my moons (have like 200 now I think?) for when I need them, otherwise I just do daily resin burns once a day and call it. And I don't even farm artifacts. It just takes a crazy amount of time to max talents, weapons, and levels. I find talents being the longest grind outside of artifacts, and it can get even worse if you run out of Mora since the high levels are so expensive. Then again, I also don't overlap weapons, so I built a level 90 weapon for every character I use.

Still, I'm surprised that I'm the only daily player here that is still building characters. Maybe you guys don't 9/9/9 level 90/weapon level 90 a character, but that's what I consider them being "built". I even level useless talents like Zhongli/Diona's basic attack.

By the way InterMusketeer InterMusketeer , have you ever looked into the modding scene? I was frankly shocked at how huge it is. There 's some crazy stuff out there. Things that fix a lot of the problems you and I have with the game too.
64ad2b58c98a2.jpg
What have you been doing since you get her with your resin? I anticipated her re-run for weeks and wanted to use her immediately after pulling. I pre-farmed everything I could and prepared everything for the rest of the team too. I don't just swap artifacts and weapons between characters either so it's starting from scratch every time I get someone new.

How much I invest in them depends on the character. Someone like Dori is left at lvl 80 with 6/8/8, but Nilou is at lvl 90 with 9/9/9 talents and so is Dehya. Most 5-stars have at least one crowned talent too. Then I invest thousands more to get them good artifacts. Weapons are all at 90 too, but I don't get too many of those. I usually decide on the level of investment based on whether I plan to use them in the Abyss.

Maybe I just don't get that many characters. I haven't been low on mora or exp mats for probably two years, and I have a bunch of talent books from events, chests, etc lying around. When I do decide to pull for someone it might take a week or two to level the talents and such. When I get a character unexpectedly I sometimes use moons to quickly get boss materials and such, but I still have 100 of them left. Maybe you should consider using some of those to get through your backlog.

Upgrading everyone to 90 and 9/9/9 seems excessive to me. Most characters don't benefit that much from those last few expensive upgrades, whereas artifact stats and passives will help them out tremendously.

I haven't looked that much into modding, but I've heard and seen some stuff. I'm too chicken to actually try it myself. Don't want to risk them closing my account if they somehow found out. I'd also prefer it if they just fixed the game and their designs themselves, but that goes without saying.

Pejo

What have you been doing since you get her with your resin?
U4JrrSt.png
and Mora. That's pretty much it. So many characters I needed to build need these damn books. Yaoyao/Xiangling/Chongus/etc
How much I invest in them depends on the character. Someone like Dori is left at lvl 80 with 6/8/8, but Nilou is at lvl 90 with 9/9/9 talents and so is Dehya. Most 5-stars have at least one crowned talent too. Then I invest thousands more to get them good artifacts. Weapons are all at 90 too, but I don't get too many of those. I usually decide on the level of investment based on whether I plan to use them in the Abyss.
I either go all or nothing with my characters. If I build them at all, I do 90 - 9/9/9. Just a personal preference thing. I know at high levels it gets less worth it, but it's just how I do.
Maybe I just don't get that many characters. I haven't been low on mora or exp mats for probably two years, and I have a bunch of talent books from events, chests, etc lying around. When I do decide to pull for someone it might take a week or two to level the talents and such. When I get a character unexpectedly I sometimes use moons to quickly get boss materials and such, but I still have 100 of them left. Maybe you should consider using some of those to get through your backlog.
I just don't find the resin gated content particularly fun, that's why I've amassed and not used moons. If a character drops that I'm really into, I won't hesitate to spend them to raise the character quickly. Usually there's no rush though and lots of other passive hurdles preventing me from doing it quickly, the least of which is game time. I tend to play genshin for like ~10 mins a day for months, then when a new area comes out I will no-life it for like 2-3 days and 100% it.
I haven't looked that much into modding, but I've heard and seen some stuff. I'm too chicken to actually try it myself. Don't want to risk them closing my account if they somehow found out. I'd also prefer it if they just fixed the game and their designs themselves, but that goes without saying.
Understandable. I just didn't realize the depth that mods went into. It's a lot more these days than just changing outfit colors and stuff. I saw a mod to make both Dottore and Signora playable, overtop other characters of course. Also a modder improved Hat Guy's outfit immeasurably just by giving him pants. If I played him I would consider modding just for that lol. Lots of Traveler alts too, some that get rid of the midriff and rat tail.

64bfe7c861614.jpg

I’ve been using resin lately just to speed things up. what’s the use in hoarding it? Either I build up characters slowly or get artifacts slowly, either way it’s the same difference in the end. Speed up one grind and another gets slower. So it’s just a wash in end anyway.

Say hello to half of the Fontaine banner characters for the 4.x versions.

po2vwu.jpg

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

Man I am so incredibly disappointed with Chlorinde's playable model. The bloodborne version was just so much better...
The blonde girl looks cool, but that’s it for me. 😬

Edit.
Started tower of fantasy last night and barely made it out of the character editor ( one of my main weaknesses in any game that has it) 3 hours later I made a character that I’m instantly in love with, will post pictures later.
Uh, can’t wait to try this out some more.

Last edited:
I either go all or nothing with my characters. If I build them at all, I do 90 - 9/9/9. Just a personal preference thing.

I just don't find the resin gated content particularly fun
chris jericho what GIF by CBC

So when you said you built Bennett for Dehya, you mean you leveled him to 90 with 9/9/9 talents? For that piece of shit? Man, I pity you. It's like a self-inflicted wound. I think it'd be better if you let go of that play style, but you do you.

I tend to play genshin for like ~10 mins a day
Yeah I wouldn't have the motivation to do much else either if I had to spend thousands of resin on Bennett of all people.

Understandable. I just didn't realize the depth that mods went into. It's a lot more these days than just changing outfit colors and stuff. I saw a mod to make both Dottore and Signora playable, overtop other characters of course.
I didn't know about that either. Pretty interesting. But good mods would just ruin the actual game for me. It's like a lose/lose situation.

Man I am so incredibly disappointed with Chlorinde's playable model. The bloodborne version was just so much better...
Consider this:
NXGytUO.png

Seriously, Genshin fans are so starved that they'll get all hot and bothered from a little gap in a shirt. It's sad, really. But even if they picked the worst design, it's still the worst out of a couple of good ones. Still pulling for her.

Pejo

chris jericho what GIF by CBC

So when you said you built Bennett for Dehya, you mean you leveled him to 90 with 9/9/9 talents? For that piece of shit? Man, I pity you. It's like a self-inflicted wound. I think it'd be better if you let go of that play style, but you do you.
Well no. I took Bennett to 80 1/7/7, but I did the forbidden move of C6'ing him because I wanted to try out Pyro infused Dehya carry DPS. It was awful. I threw him back into the trash and haven't touched him since.
Consider this:
NXGytUO.png

Seriously, Genshin fans are so starved that they'll get all hot and bothered from a little gap in a shirt. It's sad, really. But even if they picked the worst design, it's still the worst out of a couple of good ones. Still pulling for her.
Yea it's awful. I'm hoping it's just a Fontaine thing and that we'll recover a bit in Natlan, but, well....

Anyways, Genshin and Star Rail making MHY crazy amounts of money. Here's July's gacha spreadsheet numbers:
Basically miHoYo made ~120 million dollars from 3 games in the month of July (Genshin/Star Rail/Honkai Impact).

Damn they make so much money. Well, at least we know the games won’t be going any where any time soon !

Also Kafka banner drops in a few hours , I’ll be dumping everything into it.

Edit
YOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
15 tickets and ~12,000 jade and I got her!
Also got Welt along the way lol
Still have 4,000+ jade left over 😎

Last edited:
Fuz Fuz Icymanipulator Icymanipulator

Thought this was a very ToF video:

I’ll check this out later today.

So far, on Tower of Fantasy. The character models are fine for the most part, and the designs are nice, but the world is generally worse looking than Genshin. Also there is a fair amount of jank throughout the entire game- characters sliding around during cutscenes, climbing animations look wack, some attacks animations seem really stilted, character mouths will abruptly stop moving, the story seems to a little more disconnected then Genshin too, after the first area there is a shift that’s not fully explained, and more.

It’s still a fun little time waster,
But I don’t see myself playing this seriously or long term.

Edit.
Yup that video just about sums it up lmfao lololololololol

Last edited:
Interesting....

Current leak rumors are that we're only in Fontaine until 4.6 then off to Natlan, then back to Fontaine at a later date.
That would mix things up a bit. The formula of going somewhere, helping the archon and then waiting 8 months was getting a bit stale. Guess we'll have to wait for some Natlan character leaks.

New web event by the way: here. Just a one and done for 40 primos.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Interesting....

Current leak rumors are that we're only in Fontaine until 4.6 then off to Natlan, then back to Fontaine at a later date.
Good. Nothing of what I saw about Fontaine interested me, from character designs to mechanics.

Diving will be a huge, pointless annoyance.
New web event by the way: here. Just a one and done for 40 primos.
Who the fuck cares for this shit?
Those pieces of crap need to get fucked.

Last edited:

Pejo

Apparently he's not a physical focused polearm anymore and is now Cryo Catalyst, depending on when reporter girl releases, he may be the first one?

Splash art:
6tvfdb.jpg

Apparently he's not a physical focused polearm anymore and is now Cryo Catalyst, depending on when reporter girl releases, he may be the first one?

Splash art:
6tvfdb.jpg
Kinda looks like he might have a Heizou-esque melee move set.

Waifus when though...

Tired Looney Tunes GIF by Salih Kizilkaya

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member

Splash art:
6tvfdb.jpg
This is the dude I'm aiming to get when Fontaine arc roles out. He managed to escape the visual aesthetic most Fontaine characters got treated with.

Hope he turns out decent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom