• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

I remember seeing it in one of the live shows, but just kinda forgot about it. I recently started thinking how weird it was that Sumeru only had one weekly boss. Then I just happened to do the related quest to clean things up before Fontaine and found out that way.

I liked the music too, but as you said its ass was beat so fast that I didn't catch much of it. Interesting concept for a boss too, with a pretty cool design. One of the better ones I think.
If only it didn't have the busywork phase in the middle just to pad it out. At least those things can be succ'd by Kaz/Faruzan/Sucrose/Venti I guess.

the monetization is not that bad.
eyebrow GIF

Fuz

Banned
If only it didn't have the busywork phase in the middle just to pad it out. At least those things can be succ'd by Kaz/Faruzan/Sucrose/Venti I guess.

eyebrow GIF
I paid nothing and I have everything I want.
D8TTC.gif

Ok, I'm debating with myself if I should skip the current character (who I need, meta-wise) to A3 Zeke.

Last edited:

Pejo

I paid nothing and I have everything I want.
D8TTC.gif

Ok, I'm debating if I should skip the current character (who I need, meta-wise) to A3 Zeke.
Monetization doesn't stop at pulling characters though. Every patch they have like 3 vehicles, 2 passes, 40 limited time packages, skins, skin gachas etc.

If you just mean obtaining characters, then yes, it's not bad.

What Mario Party minigame is it btw? Just saw your edit.

Fuz

Banned
Monetization doesn't stop at pulling characters though. Every patch they have like 3 vehicles, 2 passes, 40 limited time packages, skins, skin gachas etc.
Angry Harrison Ford GIF

The minigame: I don't know which Mario Party game is, never played it but people said that they stole from it, in the subreddit. There's 4 players in a 3x3 checkboard, a random (increasing) number of coconuts spawn on random tiles and you need to jump on the tile (1 jump per turn) to collect them. If you clash with someone you both get zero points. There's also cards that can increase coconuts or change the opponent direction if you collide etc. It's actually fun and quick.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo oh boy, did I talk too soon about ToF.

They fucked up REALLY BAD today. I just logged, they merged servers. Now they changed my name (to "Fuz#a") and issued me a "free name change" ticket. Except when I use it it says it's already taken.

Yeah I'm gonna uninstall if they don't fix this shit.

Fucking amateurs.

Last edited:
Pejo Pejo

Ok so I gave PGR another shot.

For the life of me could not change the controls.
It allows to me to change everything except when I go to set orbs 5-8 it keeps saying there are conflicts. I have 1-4 set on R1,R2, L1, L2
Attack on O, Ultimate on Triangle, dodge on X, interact on Sqaure. Tried so many different combinations and finally gave up and just used the default setting. It’s fine but not ideal.

Played through the entirety of mission 1 and did my first set of pulls on the starter banner. Got an S Rank first try, so it immediately reset the 40 pity value to 60. I got Ninami Starfarer. Also got the main girl in her black skirt, and then used my S Rank selector for Liv since it looked like I already will have a Tank and Attacker, figured a good support would complete my starter team.

What should I do now with my regular tickets? Any tips on pull strategies, or what to look for? Any good guides out there? I did a quick search but there’s lots of conflicting or old info, if you have a trusted /up to date source that would be great. Any help is appreciated as always.

Not sure how good starfarer is but her mech and chainsaw are certainly fun lololol how important is having the strongest characters?

I have to admit the game looks slick for sure, I’ll continue to mess around with it, but I do like the colorful worlds that Mihoyo creates. This game works seems dark and drab (by design of course) and oh ya holy shit there’s Nier characters?!?!? Wtf!!!! I’m guessing there’s no way to get them now. I would love having A2.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

Ok so I gave PGR another shot.

For the life of me could not change the controls.
It allows to me to change everything except when I go to set orbs 5-8 it keeps saying there are conflicts. I have 1-4 set on R1,R2, L1, L2
Attack on O, Ultimate on Triangle, dodge on X, interact on Sqaure. Tried so many different combinations and finally gave up and just used the default setting. It’s fine but not ideal.

Played through the entirety of mission 1 and did my first set of pulls on the starter banner. Got an S Rank first try, so it immediately reset the 40 pity value to 60. I got Ninami Starfarer. Also got the main girl in her black skirt, and then used my S Rank selector for Liv since it looked like I already will have a Tank and Attacker, figured a good support would complete my starter team.

What should I do now with my regular tickets? Any tips on pull strategies, or what to look for? Any good guides out there? I did a quick search but there’s lots of conflicting or old info, if you have a trusted /up to date source that would be great. Any help is appreciated as always.

Not sure how good starfarer is but her mech and chainsaw are certainly fun lololol how important is having the strongest characters?

I have to admit the game looks slick for sure, I’ll continue to mess around with it, but I do like the colorful worlds that Mihoyo creates. This game works seems dark and drab (by design of course) and oh ya holy shit there’s Nier characters?!?!? Wtf!!!! I’m guessing there’s no way to get them now. I would love having A2.
Controller mapping was a real pain. I had to clear all of the buttons and then start from scratch to get the pings mapped correctly to the triggers/bumpers. I think it was a menu mapping that was preventing me from doing some of the combat mappings, but I can't remember the details. I'll have a look later and see if I can figure out what I did.

Each characters has a few different versions or "frames" as they call it in-game. Starfarer is relatively new and one of the strongest currently in Global, so that's a good start. I wouldn't put too much weight into the character classes, Starfarer is currently the best Fire dps despite being marked as a tank, and that happens a lot. Healers are the exception there, since you'll probably want one built until you find yourself not needing heals as much. the A class Liv - Lux - is my favorite of the easily available healers, she's still useful in my lightning team to this day.

One of my issues with PGR is they have crazy shop and currency bloat, it's very tough to get a handle on where to get/use things, especially optimally. Just a quick rundown of what I can think of from the top of my head:
  • Black Cards are like the universal currency, they can be converted into any type of card when you roll various banners.
  • Rainbow Cards are the paid currency, they're like Black Cards but can also be used for stuff like character outfits, battle passes, etc.
  • Orange R&D Tickets are for limited characters, save those for upcoming characters you may want
  • Red R&D Tickets are for weapon gacha. Every character has a 6* signature weapon, mostly unnecessary but with some nice buffs. You can farm 5* iterations of each weapon for free, so don't feel pressured into this. I'd say if you find a character that you really like and gel with, it's a worthwhile investment.
  • Blue R&D Tickets are like the welfare banner cards. They have upgrade materials and rank A and below characters in that banner. Stuff gets added as they add new low rarity characters. You can blow these freely without worrying about it too much.
  • Green R&D Tickets are for the CUBs. They're like accessories/pets that gives your characters small boosts. Mainly whale territory but again some characters will have signature CUBs, so if you're gonna max max a character, it's a consideration.
Shops
  • Cog shop - just sells random stuff with regular cogs currency. refreshes daily. good for the "purchase 1 thing from any shop" daily mission if you need to do it.
  • Supply shop - like a mini cog shop, also refreshes daily
  • Ore shop - i dunno, never used it
  • Coating - you can farm skins from mostly the Dorm feature
  • Exchange - in case you get too much of one material and need another
  • Recycle - comes from trashing memories/weapons in a specific way. Careful how you do it because there's an option besides recycle that just sells it for cogs
  • Shard - get this currency from getting dupes after you ascend a character to SSS+
  • Bureau - like guilds, there's a weekly battle mode that gives currency for this. This shop will allow you to get any Uniframe class character from S to SS
  • Phatom Pain - weekly score grind mode, currency gets any S Omniframe class character to SS
  • War shop - from weekly score grind mode, currency will get you 6* memories and other mats.
And that's the quick rundown. I didn't even touch vouchers and all the other shit. Don't want to overload you worse than I did though.

Great site for builds and info - https://grayravens.com/wiki/GRAY_RAVENS

As far as the Nier collabs, yea, it happened twice already and probably won't rerun again. But we're due for a Black Rock Shooter collab this year.

Controller mapping was a real pain. I had to clear all of the buttons and then start from scratch to get the pings mapped correctly to the triggers/bumpers. I think it was a menu mapping that was preventing me from doing some of the combat mappings, but I can't remember the details. I'll have a look later and see if I can figure out what I did.

Each characters has a few different versions or "frames" as they call it in-game. Starfarer is relatively new and one of the strongest currently in Global, so that's a good start. I wouldn't put too much weight into the character classes, Starfarer is currently the best Fire dps despite being marked as a tank, and that happens a lot. Healers are the exception there, since you'll probably want one built until you find yourself not needing heals as much. the A class Liv - Lux - is my favorite of the easily available healers, she's still useful in my lightning team to this day.

One of my issues with PGR is they have crazy shop and currency bloat, it's very tough to get a handle on where to get/use things, especially optimally. Just a quick rundown of what I can think of from the top of my head:
  • Black Cards are like the universal currency, they can be converted into any type of card when you roll various banners.
  • Rainbow Cards are the paid currency, they're like Black Cards but can also be used for stuff like character outfits, battle passes, etc.
  • Orange R&D Tickets are for limited characters, save those for upcoming characters you may want
  • Red R&D Tickets are for weapon gacha. Every character has a 6* signature weapon, mostly unnecessary but with some nice buffs. You can farm 5* iterations of each weapon for free, so don't feel pressured into this. I'd say if you find a character that you really like and gel with, it's a worthwhile investment.
  • Blue R&D Tickets are like the welfare banner cards. They have upgrade materials and rank A and below characters in that banner. Stuff gets added as they add new low rarity characters. You can blow these freely without worrying about it too much.
  • Green R&D Tickets are for the CUBs. They're like accessories/pets that gives your characters small boosts. Mainly whale territory but again some characters will have signature CUBs, so if you're gonna max max a character, it's a consideration.
Shops
  • Cog shop - just sells random stuff with regular cogs currency. refreshes daily. good for the "purchase 1 thing from any shop" daily mission if you need to do it.
  • Supply shop - like a mini cog shop, also refreshes daily
  • Ore shop - i dunno, never used it
  • Coating - you can farm skins from mostly the Dorm feature
  • Exchange - in case you get too much of one material and need another
  • Recycle - comes from trashing memories/weapons in a specific way. Careful how you do it because there's an option besides recycle that just sells it for cogs
  • Shard - get this currency from getting dupes after you ascend a character to SSS+
  • Bureau - like guilds, there's a weekly battle mode that gives currency for this. This shop will allow you to get any Uniframe class character from S to SS
  • Phatom Pain - weekly score grind mode, currency gets any S Omniframe class character to SS
  • War shop - from weekly score grind mode, currency will get you 6* memories and other mats.
And that's the quick rundown. I didn't even touch vouchers and all the other shit. Don't want to overload you worse than I did though.

Great site for builds and info - https://grayravens.com/wiki/GRAY_RAVENS

As far as the Nier collabs, yea, it happened twice already and probably won't rerun again. But we're due for a Black Rock Shooter collab this year.
Thanks again for the link, the detailed response, and generally always just being a helpful dude.
I genuinely appreciate it! You’ve been a big help in Genshin, and other games. You Rock!
🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Pejo

Finally got Kirara to max friendship, and that brings me back to all characters that I have at friendship 10. Now I can do dailies/domains/leylines quick and dirty with whatever team I want. I like Kirara, I just wish her shield lasted a bit longer. 15 seconds would be perfect. I am pushing 60k HP on her, so it never breaks due to damage, which is nice. She works well for me in a team of Alfred J. Haitham/Kirara/Yae/Kokomi. Alhaitham is really strong now that I built out his artifacts and talents, even though I still don't really "get" his kit. Seemingly randomly when I have one of those little floating shards, it will rain down Dendro for 20-40k damage depending on crit or not during normal attacks. His combo feels pretty bad to use despite it looking cool, and he really needs a shielder because the animations don't do him any favors.

I wouldn't main that team or anything, but it does a good job vs. Signora and in a few other situations.

Looking forward to trying out Lynette. We should be getting 4.0 drip feeds from MHY in the next week or 2.

*edit*

Klee and Shinobu official birthday art:

F2A8JsVakAE9tR4

F2A9S8TacAIWHQA

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Alhaitham is really strong now that I built out his artifacts and talents, even though I still don't really "get" his kit. Seemingly randomly when I have one of those little floating shards, it will rain down Dendro for 20-40k damage depending on crit or not during normal attacks. His combo feels pretty bad to use despite it looking cool, and he really needs a shielder because the animations don't do him any favors.
Yeah, he's kind of weird to play and the downtime on his shards really damages him.

Ok, one thing that’s been bugging me…

I wish Eula would shut up. I like her design, she’s powerful, her moves are cool, animations are great but… if I have to hear about the aristocracy or learning favonius bladework one time I’m gonna lose it. I just instantly smash the character switch buttons now. I feel like she talks way more often than other characters.

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Yeah, he's kind of weird to play and the downtime on his shards really damages him.
It's also counter intuitive for me to start out with his burst every time instead of his skill, so I mess that up quite a bit.

Ok, one thing that’s been bugging me…

I wish Eula would shut up. I like her design, she’s powerful, her moves are cool, animations are great but… if I have to hear about the aristocracy or learning favonius bladework one time I’m gonna lose it. I just instantly smash the character switch buttons now. I feel like she talks way more often than other characters.
Well well well, look who doesn't have Keqing yet. The queen of annoying idle lines. We've all wished that MHY would tone those down a bit by now, but they ain't changing shit.

*edit*

Dregnel Dregnel R Reizo Ryuu -
Well one of the worst kept secrets in the game, but 6.9 new character leak. She looks pretty good, kinda bummed they went for the younger version. I guess this is captainverse though and not the evil one. Another fucking white prom gown.

dvrl3195pheb1.png

mywe10x13heb1.jpg

Promare collab skins and Rita swimsuit/Bronya OL skin
6auf4zt13heb1.jpg

Last edited:

Dregnel

It's also counter intuitive for me to start out with his burst every time instead of his skill, so I mess that up quite a bit.

Well well well, look who doesn't have Keqing yet. The queen of annoying idle lines. We've all wished that MHY would tone those down a bit by now, but they ain't changing shit.

*edit*

Dregnel Dregnel R Reizo Ryuu -
Well one of the worst kept secrets in the game, but 6.9 new character leak. She looks pretty good, kinda bummed they went for the younger version. I guess this is captainverse though and not the evil one. Another fucking white prom gown.

dvrl3195pheb1.png

mywe10x13heb1.jpg

6auf4zt13heb1.jpg
I liked the character I have a lot of resources to buy her if she is sp, i'm waiting for part 2 of the story, I'm not very active playing these days.

Pejo

I liked the character I have a lot of resources to buy her if she is sp, i'm waiting for part 2 of the story, I'm not very active playing these days.
She's farmable S like Sushang. Promare collab still pisses me off, terrible fit for HI3, in my opinion.

The scissors in that HI3 image just made me realize that a Kill La Kill collab would be amazing. I’d put money in for Satsuki.

On Genshin, just met Dainsleif after wrapping up most of Liyue …. Ok he needs to be a playable character. Immediately checked the character data base in game and didn’t see him. How cool would that be? They gotta out him on a banner at some point.

Pejo

The scissors in that HI3 image just made me realize that a Kill La Kill collab would be amazing. I’d put money in for Satsuki.
Mihoyo would literally never ever. The only collab they had so far, outside of real life fast food, was an Evangelion collab with a playable Asuka. They frankly don't have the balls anymore to release truly scantily clad characters ever since Arknights unhinged fanbase and one of their own fans mass reported them to the CCP ethics committee. It's been downhill ever since.
On Genshin, just met Dainsleif after wrapping up most of Liyue …. Ok he needs to be a playable character. Immediately checked the character data base in game and didn’t see him. How cool would that be? They gotta out him on a banner at some point.
Everyone thought the same thing back in those days.

He's still in "main story" quests these days even into Sumeru, but he's got a number of death flags in the more recent story chapters as we learn more about the past and his history. Still, he always seemed to have a playable character model, so we'll see how the story goes.

*edit*

Honkai x Promare trailer. The animation part was well done but the entire collab seems to consist of just 2 costumes. One will probably be free and the other will likely be expensive.

My live reaction:
seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:
What happened with Arknights? I’m assuming that’s another one of their games? Prudes got so angry they reported them? How does that even work, can’t they just do whatever they want as long as they are not breaking the law? I would imagine there must have been at least some support lol

Last edited:

Pejo

What happened with Arknights? I’m assuming that’s another one of their games? Prudes got so angry they reported them? How does that even work, can’t they just do whatever they want as long as they are not breaking the law? I would imagine there must have been at least some support lol
Arknights fans bring it upon themselves to report other gacha games that show a racy amount of skin because they consider themselves purists or crusaders or some stupid nonsense. They also mass reported Girls Frontline, another CN gacha (which basically killed the game in CN) and a few others. Then there was a Honkai player that went totally looney off the deep end and made a huge fuss because he had been saving for one of the swimsuit outfits for a character he liked and then MHY gave it away for free. So, he flipped out and filed all sorts of stuff about the game and pretty much killed actual swimsuits in any MHY game. It's been a while, so I don't remember all of the details, but some other fans found out who he was and they doxxed him and he had some people giving him death threats and stuff for ruining the game.

Then a few years ago MHY made a bunny girl video for the Global version of the game for an anniversary and the CN fans got unhinged, mass reported the game. Something major happened behind the scenes because MHY cancelled the video and the event related rewards for global, sent all of the CN players an apology with a ton of compensation, then told Global players to suck it up and gave us like 200 gems. Even after that, the CN fans were mad that Global got any compensation whatsoever and continued to be dickheads, despite our entire anniversary getting cancelled. Then a particularly mentally unstable CN fan hid out in the bushes at MHY headquarters in Shanghai with a knife with intentions to stab the CEO of MHY. He was arrested before he had the chance. The back and forth between the GLB/CN community was pretty funny in those days. They said that MHY had "pimped out their wives" to the global audience so artists outside of China drew a bunch of NTR art of guys in american flag shirts throwing dollar bills at the character that's canonically from China in a bunny suit.

Here's what they got worked up over:

Last edited:

dvrl3195pheb1.png

mywe10x13heb1.jpg

6auf4zt13heb1.jpg

I guess they went for the younger version to make her somewhat different from the original, but it's pretty lame tbh.
The cabbage promare outfit is pretty dope ngl.

Fuz

Banned
Man, lots of birthdays over the past few days. This time Yanfei's official birthday art.

fk7mbefoemeb1.jpg
They fuck a lot in October in Teyvat.

First world problems: I now have the "artifact issue" with weapon XP materials.
Sad America GIF

Ah, the new arena event is a giant load of shit, probably the worst one we've ever had - AND IT WASN'T EASY.

The scissors* in that HI3 image just made me realize that a Kill La Kill collab would be amazing.
Not gonna happen.
f881118bba5e3335560770c8abfc691b8bd48392_hq.gif

*nice

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
They frankly don't have the balls anymore to release truly scantily clad characters ever since Arknights unhinged fanbase and one of their own fans mass reported them to the CCP ethics committee
94c2ee92e6c1676f38e9ccf1d01e2210.jpg

Honkai x Promare trailer. The animation part was well done but the entire collab seems to consist of just 2 costumes. One will probably be free and the other will likely be expensive.

My live reaction:
seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
At least the colors are pretty cool.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Arknights fans bring it upon themselves to report other gacha games that show a racy amount of skin because they consider themselves purists or crusaders or some stupid nonsense. They also mass reported Girls Frontline, another CN gacha (which basically killed the game in CN) and a few others. Then there was a Honkai player that went totally looney off the deep end and made a huge fuss because he had been saving for one of the swimsuit outfits for a character he liked and then MHY gave it away for free. So, he flipped out and filed all sorts of stuff about the game and pretty much killed actual swimsuits in any MHY game. It's been a while, so I don't remember all of the details, but some other fans found out who he was and they doxxed him and he had some people giving him death threats and stuff for ruining the game.
You're spectating the woke wars, laid down in your beach chair, sunglasses on, sipping a mojito and thinking, "man, people can't ever get more retarded".

Enter weebs.

Pejo Pejo
Dude that story sounds insane. Clearly a bunch of dudes who don’t get laid enough. If you’re getting THAT attached to digital images of animated women, my money is on the fact that you haven’t had sex in over a decade, maybe longer.

What a sad state of affairs. It’s crazy that these companies bend the knee. I’m guessing these “ethics committees” must have some major legal/governmental backing or else the companies wouldn’t even bat an eye.

Hiding in bushes waiting to try and hurt someone? Unhinged is putting it lightly. Batshit insane subhuman whose irl dreams have died is more like it. Wow. It’s a game… I mean I guess I’m not *that* surprised if there’s one thing the internet has shown me is that there is no bar too low for humans, the world is filled with disgusting uneducated uncivilized degenerates that would eat their own shit if someone gave them a few dollars.

I think this topic could make for a really interesting documentary though. Would be fascinating to interview some of these players and hear the mental gymnastics they go through to justify what they are doing.

Pejo

Whew boy, it's funny that we were talking about unhinged CN fans. I just read this post on reddit from a CN player about how bad they hate Scaradouche in China. I didn't even know that they had a problem with him. Can't wait to see the reaction to Lyney/Femininet. Here's a great example of the fanbase being absolute lunatics straight from the horse's mouth. (quoting because it's long as fuck)

Fuz

Banned
Whew boy, it's funny that we were talking about unhinged CN fans. I just read this post on reddit from a CN player about how bad they hate Scaradouche in China. I didn't even know that they had a problem with him. Can't wait to see the reaction to Lyney/Femininet. Here's a great example of the fanbase being absolute lunatics straight from the horse's mouth. (quoting because it's long as fuck)
uncomfortable-awkward.gif

Ok, this is where i draw the line and I will stop commenting here before writing something stupid.
1) killing cats

Scara is depicted as a cat in version 3.3, so some people used him as an excuse to kill cats. A teenager killed a cat in his living district. He said that cat looked like Scarameow. Another man killed cats with a brick and he shared killing videos in a Telegram group.

Pejo

uncomfortable-awkward.gif

Ok, this is where i draw the line and I will stop commenting here before writing something stupid.
Yea, it gets pretty fucking weird and extreme. Man, people in the US complain that someone on Call of Duty tells them to "fuck off", CN takes it up a whole tier.

I was kinda with them until that extreme stuff happened. Don't get me wrong, these people are insanely obsessed, but MHY makes it extremely hard to like certain characters so I don't want to engage with them in any way either. And since the amount of content per update is quite limited, anything I dislike takes away from something I might have liked.

It's gotta be hellish to write for this game. Any minor interaction could blow up with dedicated fans who feel slighted in some way. That too is kind of a result of how they made this though. I suppose polarization was inevitable for a game that tries to appeal to everyone.

I wonder what'll happen when Alice releases since she canonically had sex with a guy. Well, unless they turn Klee into a magical baby born from pure elemental power like Anakin or something. Wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Anyway, it seems unlikely to me that people'd be dissuaded from pulling for a character they want due to online outrage. If you like little edgy twinks, who cares what a bunch of nerds think of him? So although parts of that reddit post might be true, I don't think the conclusion he came to is supported by any evidence. It's likely a combination of factors.

Still nice to see his banner fail though.

Dude I read that post, those people are fucking unhinged lunatics. Insane isn’t even enough to describe them.

Makes me want to become a Scara fan now lol
I really hope Hoyo just ignores them.

Pejo

I was kinda with them until that extreme stuff happened. Don't get me wrong, these people are insanely obsessed, but MHY makes it extremely hard to like certain characters so I don't want to engage with them in any way either. And since the amount of content per update is quite limited, anything I dislike takes away from something I might have liked.
(spoilering for Icymanipulator Icymanipulator )

I genuinely don't like Scaramouche, but mostly because I don't think they wrote his redemption in a believable or satisfying way. You have to ignore too many things and the reasoning behind Nahida's heel-turn either makes no sense, or they're purposefully keeping it hidden from us. Not only that, but we were forced to actively remove the bit of a redemption that he actually had in that he became a pleasant person mostly unaware of his shitty past at the expense of losing all of his memories and past and essentially hit a reset button. Look at how they did Theon Greyjoy's redemption arc in Game of Thrones. Literally put him through hell, slowly, over a period of time and actually caused you to gain some empathy for the character before saying "look he's a good guy now", and by that point it felt deserved. Like Scara could have gone through a lot of terrible shit and then tries to sacrifice himself to save the Traveler or something, that would have been a much better redemption arc. But no, we got what we got.

Actually, the whole scene with Dottore also made no sense from Nahida's perspective and they just wrote it away "just because". Scara's design kinda sucks, but it's 99% that they put him in shorts. If they would have gone full length pants with the exact same design for the rest of him, I'd have no problem with it. But yea, a whole story arc for him, followed by his own personal story quest being the main event of that patch, it does take away from character stories that might have been good or from characters you might have liked. I agree with that.

I also am not a fool and don't think that everything has to be catered to my tastes, so it is what it is. Now the entirety of post-chapter 2 Inazuma being all about Light Novels, that's something I can't forgive or ignore.
It's gotta be hellish to write for this game. Any minor interaction could blow up with dedicated fans who feel slighted in some way. That too is kind of a result of how they made this though. I suppose polarization was inevitable for a game that tries to appeal to everyone.
Look at how reddit flipped and lost their minds during that Halloween event where Childe was talking to Yoimiya without the Traveler being the center of the convo. I think that was mostly female Childe fans, but people really get attached to the characters.
I wonder what'll happen when Alice releases since she canonically had sex with a guy. Well, unless they turn Klee into a magical baby born from pure elemental power like Anakin or something. Wouldn't be surprised if they did.
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I have 3 theories.
  • Alice "made" Klee, through magic or science or some combination.
  • Klee IS Alice. Either she knows it and is playing the long game with us, or she reverted/rebirthed back and all of the stuff we've interacted with was set up before she did it. I mean to my memory, every interaction we've had with Alice so far has either been just a voice or an actual recording (like the record player thing on the island and in the tea table). There are a handful of NPCs/Characters that have met Alice, which is the only detractor of this theory.
  • Klee is actually a different lifeform, whether from another planet like the Traveler, or from another time, or whatever. Alice is the adopted mom.
I think it's a near zero percent chance that Alice canonically had sex and birthed Klee, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. Also as you mentioned, the Alice simps would be less likely to roll for her, and not only is Alice appealing because of her lore strength in-game, but also that she has a quirky and mischievous personality which is something to look forward to in a world full of one-dimensional cardboard cutout characters like we mostly have. They know an Alice banner would make CASH.
Still nice to see his banner fail though.
Yea, I was sad to see Eula's do so terrible, but Physical is in a bad state right now and most of the people that were committed to saving for her had 2 years between reruns to do so. Glad to see Klee was on the other side of that failure of a banner though, maybe they'll stop shoving her in events. I can't stand the baby talk.

I genuinely don't like Scaramouche, but mostly because I don't think they wrote his redemption in a believable or satisfying way. You have to ignore too many things and the reasoning behind Nahida's heel-turn either makes no sense, or they're purposefully keeping it hidden from us. Not only that, but we were forced to actively remove the bit of a redemption that he actually had in that he became a pleasant person mostly unaware of his shitty past at the expense of losing all of his memories and past and essentially hit a reset button. Look at how they did Theon Greyjoy's redemption arc in Game of Thrones. Literally put him through hell, slowly, over a period of time and actually caused you to gain some empathy for the character before saying "look he's a good guy now", and by that point it felt deserved. Like Scara could have gone through a lot of terrible shit and then tries to sacrifice himself to save the Traveler or something, that would have been a much better redemption arc. But no, we got what we got.

Actually, the whole scene with Dottore also made no sense from Nahida's perspective and they just wrote it away "just because". Scara's design kinda sucks, but it's 99% that they put him in shorts. If they would have gone full length pants with the exact same design for the rest of him, I'd have no problem with it. But yea, a whole story arc for him, followed by his own personal story quest being the main event of that patch, it does take away from character stories that might have been good or from characters you might have liked. I agree with that.

I also am not a fool and don't think that everything has to be catered to my tastes, so it is what it is. Now the entirety of post-chapter 2 Inazuma being all about Light Novels, that's something I can't forgive or ignore.
I thought he had some potential when he first appeared, with how he tried to deceive our heroes. His backstory, motivations, actions and his 'redemption' all ended up sucking and his annoying demeanor and design certainly don't help.

I'm not happy he's linked to Nahida because now he might pop up anytime she's on screen, but coming up with creepy NTR conspiracies is insane.

Like you said it's unreasonable to expect everything to appeal to one's subjective tastes, but that's why it's important to maintain balance. They haven't been doing a very good job of that for a while now, what with the mistreatment of Dehya and lack of female 5-stars for a year. Might be why some are feeling particularly angry now.

By the way, according to other posts in that reddit thread, CN Scara fans aren't just victims either. People started hating them (and Scara himself) due to their toxic behavior which resulted in threats, doxxing etc. They might have had a hand in that negativity themselves.
Look at how reddit flipped and lost their minds during that Halloween event where Childe was talking to Yoimiya
I thought that was poorly handled too, but it's easily ignored. I'm not gonna throw a hissy fit every time something I don't like happens. I haven't done the latest Yoimiya quest yet, but it apparently features a lot of fanservice. Probably to make up for this situation.

Communities will come up with their own headcanon anyway. Yoi is often referred to as a "town bicycle" because she mentions how she can't say no to people who ask her for help. We all know about Yandere Ayaka. It's hard to anticipate these things. Maybe fans come up with this stuff because the characters themselves are same-y and sterile. Funny how the community might be directly responsible for that in the first place.
I think it's a near zero percent chance that Alice canonically had sex and birthed Klee, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. Also as you mentioned, the Alice simps would be less likely to roll for her, and not only is Alice appealing because of her lore strength in-game, but also that she has a quirky and mischievous personality which is something to look forward to in a world full of one-dimensional cardboard cutout characters like we mostly have. They know an Alice banner would make CASH.
Some people might enjoy her being a MILF. Still, I think you're right. It's the safer choice. It'd be stupid for them to get mad over something we've known for years though.
Yea, I was sad to see Eula's do so terrible, but Physical is in a bad state right now and most of the people that were committed to saving for her had 2 years between reruns to do so. Glad to see Klee was on the other side of that failure of a banner though, maybe they'll stop shoving her in events. I can't stand the baby talk.
Yeah, it's to be expected that people spend less with how lackluster the past couple of updates have been. I have 350 wishes saved up now since I last wished for Nilou.

Klee wasn't featured too heavily this time, so it was tolerable IMO.

Pejo

In a surprise twist, the girl that made that reddit post about the Scaramouche drama got found out and doxxed by people on a CN gaming forum.

emk3fhs25veb1.jpg

I thought he had some potential when he first appeared, with how he tried to deceive our heroes. His backstory, motivations, actions and his 'redemption' all ended up sucking and his annoying demeanor and design certainly don't help.

I'm not happy he's linked to Nahida because now he might pop up anytime she's on screen, but coming up with creepy NTR conspiracies is insane.
Agree on both points completely. Nahida's post-archon quest stories have all been mostly shit thanks to it too. At least we had the one with the fungi critters. I considered her one of the best written characters in Sumeru up until that point.
Like you said it's unreasonable to expect everything to appeal to one's subjective tastes, but that's why it's important to maintain balance. They haven't been doing a very good job of that for a while now, what with the mistreatment of Dehya and lack of female 5-stars for a year. Might be why some are feeling particularly angry now.
The Dehya thing still chaps my ass to this very day. I use her in my strongest team, but she's actively worse than Xiangling in every single way. There is no reason that her numbers have to be so incredibly shit. Even if they were too lazy to fix the kit, they could have at least pumped her up or hell, even just reverted her back to her original Beta status when people just said she was "unimpressive" instead of "bad".
By the way, according to other posts in that reddit thread, CN Scara fans aren't just victims either. People started hating them (and Scara himself) due to their toxic behavior which resulted in threats, doxxing etc. They might have had a hand in that negativity themselves.
Oh yea, CN feminists are supposedly HIGH OCTANE, according to some stuff I've read. I can't verify any of it of course, but there's a lot of stuff out there painting them in a horrible light, if true.
I thought that was poorly handled too, but it's easily ignored. I'm not gonna throw a hissy fit every time something I don't like happens. I haven't done the latest Yoimiya quest yet, but it apparently features a lot of fanservice. Probably to make up for this situation.
Yea, the Yoimiya story quest puts her firmly into the "Travelersexual" camp along with Ayaka and Kokomi. You even princess carry her through the sky in a cutscene at the end. I detest "shipper" people that worry about that kind of stuff, so I ignore it whenever possible. Mihoyo related Reddit has the most irritating "shippers" in any community that I've ever seen, whether for Genshin or Honkai. I avoid all of those topics like the plague.
Communities will come up with their own headcanon anyway. Yoi is often referred to as a "town bicycle" because she mentions how she can't say no to people who ask her for help. We all know about Yandere Ayaka. It's hard to anticipate these things. Maybe fans come up with this stuff because the characters themselves are same-y and sterile. Funny how the community might be directly responsible for that in the first place.
I wish Ayaka was officially yandere for the Traveler, that would at least make her somewhat interesting. Like I mentioned above, I don't care what a person's personal opinion is on that kind of shit, but I don't worry about it and I absolutely hate people that try to force some sort of narrative with it. Like go on Reddit and just say "Beidou and Ningguang aren't gay" and watch the 29823 downvotes pile up.
Some people might enjoy her being a MILF. Still, I think you're right. It's the safer choice. It'd be stupid for them to get mad over something we've known for years though.
There's always a chance she just gets the Signora treatment and is never playable, too. I think they're leaving cash on the table with both of those characters, but MHY has shown that they don't always think things through.

After reading the last page, I think I now understand why the characters in need of large buffs are never improved upon. If the developers start doing a lot of that, the anger about "MY character is still too weak" will never end.

Don’t understand how that person is a traitor to China when all she did was expose some shitty people in a community. That’s not betraying your country, that’s attempting to make it a a better place by shinning a light on some absolutely disgusting subhuman behavior. Hope she’s OK.

PGR post

Pejo Pejo
With the rest of my standard tickets the game gave me a copy of Lee Palefire, and from the bit of research I did on the gray ravens site and Reddit it seems like I was basically on track to have a great fire team, since I pulled Starfarer on my very first pull in the game lol) so even though I really like the new hammer girl (she is super fun to play) I spent all the tickets I had on the S Rank Anniversary banner and selected Empyrea, took me the full 60 pulls but I got her. So now I have the makings of good fire team. Also ended up getting another copy of Lee along the way and upgraded him to S Rank lol.

I’ve just been burning through the story and all the content I can get my hands on. Skipping all the story since chapter 1 lolol they load you up with serum that will expire so I figured why not.

oPjZQUc.jpg
gsHgZku.jpg
hrDUoXr.jpg

Clearly I’m hurting for weapons (among other things. Are weapon banners the only source of new weapons? It seems like this team is good to go for at least until December, maybe longer, so I won’t really need anyone else right? Of course there’s other characters I’d like to have but that’s always the case in every game. I’m quite satisfied with this team considering I’ve spent nothing. Also I’m focusing my memories on things that reduce enemy def and elemental res, seems like the way to go. Anything else I should know? How long have you been playing ? What teams do you use? Lighting, Dark, physical, ect?

I also wanted Crimson Abyss because she looks amazing, but I wasn’t the biggest fan of how she plays and also like I mentioned I figured having a good semi future proof team would benefit me more in the long run.

Last edited:

deanote666

PGR post

Pejo Pejo
With the rest of my standard tickets the game gave me a copy of Lee Palefire, and from the bit of research I did on the gray ravens site and Reddit it seems like I was basically on track to have a great fire team, since I pulled Starfarer on my very first pull in the game lol) so even though I really like the new hammer girl (she is super fun to play) I spent all the tickets I had on the S Rank Anniversary banner and selected Empyrea, took me the full 60 pulls but I got her. So now I have the makings of good fire team. Also ended up getting another copy of Lee along the way and upgraded him to S Rank lol.

I’ve just been burning through the story and all the content I can get my hands on. Skipping all the story since chapter 1 lolol they load you up with serum that will expire so I figured why not.

oPjZQUc.jpg
gsHgZku.jpg
hrDUoXr.jpg

Clearly I’m hurting for weapons (among other things. Are weapon banners the only source of new weapons? It seems like this team is good to go for at least until December, maybe longer, so I won’t really need anyone else right? Of course there’s other characters I’d like to have but that’s always the case in every game. I’m quite satisfied with this team considering I’ve spent nothing. Also I’m focusing my memories on things that reduce enemy def and elemental res, seems like the way to go. Anything else I should know? How long have you been playing ? What teams do you use? Lighting, Dark, physical, ect?

I also wanted Crimson Abyss because she looks amazing, but I wasn’t the biggest fan of how she plays and also like I mentioned I figured having a good semi future proof team would benefit me more in the long run.
Chests only drop 1^-3* weapons.

Only free 4* weapons are the ones given from events and craft able ones from billets.

Some 4* weapons are in the character banners I think.

5* weapons only exist on the standard banner and weapon banner.

Paimon's bargains has some 4* weapons that rotate for the better stardust from the gatcha but there's better out there than those but they'll do if you're in a pinch.

Last edited:
Chests only drop 1^-3* weapons.

Only free 4* weapons are the ones given from events and craft able ones from billets.

Some 4* weapons are in the character banners I think.

5* weapons only exist on the standard banner and weapon banner.

Paimon's bargains has some 4* weapons that rotate for the better stardust from the gatcha but there's better out there than those but they'll do if you're in a pinch.
Paimon is in PGR? Lolol

Sorry, that post was just about Punishing Gray Raven, tried to label it at the top. 😅

Pejo

Wake up babe, the new Genshin collab just dropped.
ni1ra0bq9veb1.jpg

Congrats! That's a super solid team for just starting out. In my opinion, it's an easy team to score well on but is kinda difficult to master. I have had Empyria since her featured patch and I still don't understand her mechanics well.

I've been playing the game since Global launch, but only very casually. Only recently have I started ultima awakening my teams which has improved my score on score modes tremendously. It'll be a while until you get to that point. Remember to look at the recommended Memory sets on that site I linked you before (https://grayravens.com/wiki/GRAY_RAVENS) . Mathematically there's very little wiggle room for alt sets so you're just handicapping yourself if you don't use the recommended stuff. Since Memories are free/grinded, there's no reason to not go with the best. It's also worth noting that the slots you have the memories equipped in will eventually matter, so make sure you do that as the guides suggest too. The RNG in character builds happens at the Resonance level which is where it gets kinda grindy, but that's all optional and min/max-type stuff. To get 5* weapons, you will want to start grinding the Co-Op mode. I haven't done it in months, but I think it still gives you 5* weapon shop currency for completing all the weekly challenges. It's only open during certain hours so I never bother with it, and I don't need any more 5* weapons.

I have at least one team for every element and I enjoy several of the uniframes too. Uniframes are kinda in a shit situation in that if you mix them with Omniframes, they get hit with big stat debuffs. Also some content will hit them with debuffs if you use them, but their multipliers are usually crazy high to somewhat offset that. Some people run full teams of Uniframes even though they don't reallymesh together well, or some people will run them solo for max stats. Again, not something to really invest in at this time unless you really like one of the characters. My favorite elements to play are Lightning and Dark, but I also really like Qu and Haicma (Uniframes)

Alpha is all about her core passive, which some people love and some don't. I'm with you in that I like her design but her gameplay is "meh" for me. She is getting an alt in a few months that's Lightning DPS and plays like Virgil from DMC.

Here's the old CN trailer for the new version of Alpha coming out eventually:

Here's the old CN trailer for the next character I'm really excited about, Physical version of Bianca:

Here are my teams if you're interested. Nier team I rolled for limited availability but haven't even started building them yet. I also just realized that I forgot to turn the data on when I was screenshotting so it has none of the combat power data in these screenshots. Meh, it took a while so I'm not gonna do it again. Average strength is in the 5900s with my strongest characters around 6700~

Lightning
1IGjjEj.jpg

Dark
8XZVNUB.jpg

Fire
fZQvpuB.jpg

Physical
pm4eKOc.jpg

Ice
u9x8uC2.jpg

Uniframes
Bh2SMas.jpg

Nier team
9h48GQC.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I'm doing pretty good if Fontaine is gonna give us the ability to use Pneuma/Ousia on Fontaine weapons and not exclusively with characters. I'm still waiting for a reliable leak to tell us how that's gonna play out. The original leak said either weapons OR characters, so I'm hoping that remains the case.

HEMs52e.jpg

Top Bottom