• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

H94N2mb.jpg

My second 10 pull in the Yelan banner… insane
First 10 pull was nothing and a copy of Barbara. Wanted Bennett so that’s nice. Mona is a good get too just as a personal pick. Can put her with Lisa for a witch team lol.

Took a break from pulling to look at the new characters, my gf is losing her mind lol she can’t believe someone can get 4 characters in 1 pull. Still have 5k+ wish me luck 🍀 😎

Edit
Rest of gem just got me another copy of Bennett (C1) and the bow “Rust”
So I have 20 days and 19 hours to grind out enough gems for Yelan. Nice. Overall I’m happy with how this turned out. Don’t foresee any issues getting enough gems/wishes with the amount of content I have left. Ezpz

Last edited:

Pejo

I really like Lynette but it annoys the shit out of me that they added the HP loss mechanic "just because lol". It's obvious it's gonna tie in to some other character(s) where you need to lose HP, but they need to stop releasing shit like that before the "reason" for it exists. Probably ties into Dehya too and why she was released in such a sad fucking state.

Haven't really done much yet, just logged in and checked out the new UI stuff and finished my dailies. Plan on doing a late nighter tonight, with a goal of at least getting to Fontaine. It'd be nice if I could open up commissions before daily reset but I'm not gonna get too bothered by it. I would like to make sure I have Fontaine bounties/requests open before weekly reset though.

Lyney's gameplay in the trial felt like ass. Doubly so because I don't like "mono" flavored teams in a game that's all about reactions from differing elements.

Pejo Pejo Agreed. The new party screen is super nice. Love the different personalities of all the characters. Some of the new intro animations are amazing too. Very nice touch and makes the game feel extra premium.

Also didn’t care for the new fire boy, his rabbit box burst was… dumb imo.
Lynette however seems interesting and her character design is nice.

Anyone familiar with Mona? Is she still worth investing heavily into? I like her from a looks perspective and getting get to at least 60 or so isn’t a problem, but pushing her to 80 and getting her artifacts and stuff might be a bit much since I’ve already got Kokomi to work on and plan on getting Yelan. Also now that I have Bennet (C1) I gotta build him up too… Jesus so much stuff to do now lol

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo Agreed. The new party screen is super nice. Love the different personalities of all the characters. Some of the new intro animations are amazing too. Very nice touch and makes the game feel extra premium.
I think it's funny that Alhaitham and Qiqi just use their old boring poses. It actually fits their characters though, which gave me a chuckle.
Anyone familiar with Mona? Is she still worth investing heavily into? I like her from a looks perspective and getting get to at least 60 or so isn’t a problem, but pushing her to 80 and getting her artifacts and stuff might be a bit much since I’ve already got Kokomi to work on and plan on getting Yelan. Also now that I have Bennet (C1) I gotta build him up too… Jesus so much stuff to do now lol
So Mona as MHY originally designed her based on her constellations is... okay. I built her as a Hydro carry for an Electro/Hydro "taser" team, the community dubbed it. It's fun enough and since I had her at C6 it was nice trying something new.

The vast majority of players build her as a elemental burst support though. She's got a fairly low cost (by today's standards) Burst that is unique in that it multiplies the damage coming in with the damage going out, creating some really big numbers. The downside is that it requires specific skill orders and timing and can get messed up by burning grass and other shit. You don't see her much currently because the age of Pyro ended right about when Dendro released, and with how easy and carefree Dendro/Hydro/Electro teams are, almost nobody builds 1HKO Vape teams anymore.

Anyways, if you want to build her as a burst support, you want ideally the Widsth (4* gacha book) and either Emblem of Severed Fate artifacts (Inazuma) or Noblesse Oblge artifacts (Liyue). To actually do the correct order, you want to make sure whatever you're fighting has Pyro applied to them (most people doing this use Bennett's Burst to apply the initial Pyro since it's just a single hit and not a pulse and will give you a huge attack buff), then use Mona's burst to get your first Vaporize reaction. This first reaction does zero damage but adds a huge chunk of damage to the next step. Then you bring in your big dick single hit Pyro damage and it does a reverse vape, multiplying the damage from Mona's burst and also applying the "enemy takes more damage" effect from her burst, and you get a single REALLY strong hit.

If you get fancy, you can add an Anemo character in there with Viridescent Venerer artifacts to get extra resistance shred for even more damage, ideally of the Pyro if you can, but this is where it gets more difficult. It's a lot easier to do on solid ground like in Abyss or trials or domains or whatever, because there's no grass to accidentally set off the 2nd part of Mona's burst and make the thing fizzle out.

Anyways, that's how the community generally uses Mona. She also has a Taunt which some enemies just ignore the fuck out of and she can glide underground with her dash. It's both faster than normal dash and can glide right over top off water, so it's pretty great for traversal while exploring.

Ok, that’s a lot to take in! She she’s fairly complicated 😅 but that’s good, better then an overly simple character. I’ll have to consider things after I get Kokomi built (maybe reread your post 3 or 4 times too)

Dang , this game really is the gift that keeps on giving

Nankatsu

Gold Member
PS5 users, do you guys often get your exchanged character to face the wrong way, after they enter the battlefield?

Quite a decent number of times when I'm fighting mobs, I switch to a character and he/she simply goes into battlefield facing the opposite way where the enemies are.

Last edited:

Pejo

Just made it into Fontaine proper after doing the new archon quest. Good production values so far, the area is visually interesting, Furina I can't figure out entirely from the first time seeing her talk. Not bad. Shame that we're introduced to the nation with Lyney and Charlotte, with some better characters involved this could have been great.

Hydro Traveler seems like he could be fun for a few days until I never use him again like usual.
Fight Fun GIF by ZDF Magazin Royale

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played for a couple of hours on PC this morning to get back into the groove of the game.

I guess you cannot lower the world level until you reach level 5. So again, I realize that I fucked myself royally when I played a few years ago and raised it to 3. At level 3, most of the enemies are level 50-60, and I only have three characters in that range, so I'm kinda stuck with them as I have to try and level up the rest of my crew. I have that one guy you all said was the best one, but he's capped out at level 20. I did prioritize finding the needed materials to uncap him, so he's now level 40 after a few hours. To uncap him again up to 60 is going to take a hell of a lot of grinding.

I did two 10x gatcha pulls and got... a new 3-star weapon. Cool. Everything else was repeats, and only one repeat character (Lisa).

I have a 5-star weapon, but it's a book. I don't have any good characters that use books. Is it worth trying to build one up?

Game runs great on PC, but took me a while to get it set up to use the controller and to swap the confirm/cancel buttons.

deanote666

Not a fan of the underwater combat.

Did one of the mini bosses underwater and was underwhelmed. They dialed the def/hp of these bosses up to 11. There's nothing (that I'm aware up) to raise your attack under water other than the special abilities you can get. They made the boss impossible to dodge and there was a hp restore node that respawns nearby. Just sat next to the boss for 15 minutes spamming the attack and healing on occasion. Who thought that was fun? They give you the ability to aim your attack but it's short range so what's the point? Sniping from a distance would have actually taken skill and would discourage just sitting next to them and tanking everything till they die...

Mini bosses give achievements for beating them, fyi.

Crimsondusk

PS5 users, do you guys often get your exchanged character to face the wrong way, after they enter the battlefield?

Quite a decent number of times when I'm fighting mobs, I switch to a character and he/she simply goes into battlefield facing the opposite way where the enemies are.
Na, haven't had this happen to me recently.

Pejo

Man I just spent the last 6 hours going through the archon quest and a world quest I found just swimming around underwater. Good shit. The underwater stuff is breathtakingly gorgeous at times. They really nailed the atmosphere and effects to make it feel like you're swimming under water. Good mobility too which is one of the things I was worried about from previews. Underwater combat is "ehhhh" but everything else about it, I love.

Fontaine is actually way cooler looking than I was expecting. Visually distinct too, whereas I was worried it would all look like wet Mondstadt. When those god rays shine underwater and light up the area to an emerald green, it's really something visually. Also, jumping upward from an underwater air pocket and then emerging in swimmable water with a custom animation was just totally unexpected and very cool to see.

So I need sleep since I powered straight through all night, but I just wanted to get a few things out while I still remembered:

So Neuvilette is definitely the Hydro dragon right? He's been alive for "hundreds of years" with the Melusines (other elemental lifeforms instead of human lifeforms), has the dragon ears like the vishaps, vertical pupils, etc. Doesn't have a Vision but can use Hydro powers. On equal/similar footing as the Archon. There's no way he's not the Hydro dragon.

- It's really kinda something watching the animations of the dancing robot bosses, not even fighting them, just watching them dance around the arena. They either did mocap or they have some ridiculously talented animators.

- Pneuma/Ousia isn't THAT annoying. If you have sufficiently strong teams you can ignore it completely and just fight things normally. Puzzles always have "blocks" nearby that imbue you with the correct polarity to solve them. If you are using a native Fontaine character though, you can skip looking for the "blocks" and if you hit the Meka enemies with opposing polarity, it disables their strongest attacks and probably lowers their defense or something. Overall it can be forgotten about for the vast majority of players.

- Scene quality has gone up considerably for the main archon quest. More character animations, interesting camera cuts and fades. Definitely a huge step up from *puts hand over heart* being the only animation while everyone stands around in a circle and talks.

- Regarding characters, I really liked Furina. She's a lot brattier than I was expecting, which is pretty cool honestly. We need more of those characters. Has a bit too much "Fischl" in her, but I am happy to see more. Neuvilette wasn't nearly as bad as I expected either. Navia also surprised me in a good way. They're all written much better than just their designs let on. I also enjoyed that you could tell Lyney to go fuck off at the end of the quest after proving him innocent, and they didn't retcon it like "aw shucks it's no big deal, we're besties now" I chose that option and Traveler turns his back on him and walks away, leaving Paimon to say "uhhh sorry" and then she jets too. Wonder how that scene ends if you pick the more friendly option?

- Regarding archon quest part 1 I don't really get why Traveler was so pissy about Lyney/Lynette being part of the Fatui. This was AFTER defending him and 1 day after running into Childe, a known Harbinger who tried to destroy a whole nation and fought us several times, and treating him like a homie no problem. Tonally it just felt weird to get so hung up on Lyney/Lynette being Fatui.

Ok that's it for now, but I'm extremely pleased with Fontaine so far.

Last edited:
I did two 10x gatcha pulls and got... a new 3-star weapon. Cool. Everything else was repeats, and only one repeat character (Lisa).
If you got Lisa, you're pulling on the standard banner. You should never pull on the standard banner. The only exception is if you have free standard banner wishes from completing quests and such. Never spend your primogems on it.

Reactions: BJK

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you got Lisa, you're pulling on the standard banner. You should never pull on the standard banner. The only exception is if you have free standard banner wishes from completing quests and such. Never spend your primogems on it.
I did one 10x pull on the main banner, got nothing, so tried the standard (and again got almost nothing). But yeah, not doing the standard again lol

I did one 10x pull on the main banner, got nothing, so tried the standard (and again got almost nothing). But yeah, not doing the standard again lol
Every 10 pulls on the promo banner will result in either one of the three featured four star characters, a four star weapon, or a five star character. It usually takes between 70 to 90 pulls to get a five star character. "Got nothing" isn't really possible with a 10 pull. Did you get a weapon you don't care to use or something?

jshackles

Every 10 pulls on the promo banner will result in either one of the three featured four star characters, a four star weapon, or a five star character. It usually takes between 70 to 90 pulls to get a five star character. "Got nothing" isn't really possible with a 10 pull. Did you get a weapon you don't care to use or something?
When I did the promo banner, I got a 4-star weapon that was a duplicate of one I already had, so it got converted to digital slag instantly. So I guess "got nothing" should really be "got nothing new"? I gave me some sort of crystal thing I have a few hundred of and don't remember how to use haha

For anyone lurking:

Just wanted to say, seeing as the thread is currently in the gaming section and has a lot more visibility, feel free to ask any questions if you're interested. Even if they might be answered in the first post and you just don't want to read all that, if there's anything you'd like to know about the game, just ask. The people who frequent this thread are pretty chill.

When I did the promo banner, I got a 4-star weapon that was a duplicate of one I already had, so it got converted to digital slag instantly. So I guess "got nothing" should really be "got nothing new"? I gave me some sort of crystal thing I have a few hundred of and don't remember how to use haha
If you get extra copies of four star weapons, it's best to either use them on another character, or refine your existing weapon to make it stronger. Note that I don't mean use it as weapon XP. When you refine a weapon, you take the bonus ability it gives and make it even better, and you can only do that with copies of the exact same weapon.

Last edited:

jshackles

If you get extra copies of weapons, it's best to either use them on another character, or refine your existing weapon to make it stronger. Note that I don't mean use it as weapon XP. When you refine a weapon, you take the bonus ability gives and make it even better, and you can only do that with copies of the exact same weapon.
Interesting, I must have read it wrong on the screen then - I thought since it was a duplicate it didn't give me another copy of that weapon, just the gem thingy. OK, I guess that's better than nothing then, thanks.

SSfox

Don't pull on Standard, and suggest Yelan if you get her it's a big W, one of the best character in the game.

Fuz

Banned
So Neuvilette is definitely the Hydro dragon right? He's been alive for "hundreds of years" with the Melusines (other elemental lifeforms instead of human lifeforms), has the dragon ears like the vishaps, vertical pupils, etc. Doesn't have a Vision but can use Hydro powers. On equal/similar footing as the Archon. There's no way he's not the Hydro dragon.

It's been known for a while.

Edit: maybe just speculated, not sure.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Na, haven't had this happen to me recently.
Hmm weird. I know for a fact it's not my dualsense having issues, because I've tried with another one and the problem persists. And both my dualsenses work flawlessly in any other game.

Example: when I switch to Yao Yao and use her ability, if I'm not extra careful she positions herself looking in the opposite direction of enemies, throwing the rabbit away from mobs.

This Is Fine GIF

Also I knew Lyney reminded me someone:

sailormoon-sailor.gif

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Am I imagining things or is Lynette W slower than Yelan?

Edit: what about the rumor they were removing the party screen loading time? Was it fake?

Last edited:
Am I imagining things or is Lynette W slower than Yelan?
Maybe it's just because she's shorter than Yelan? Those are always slower in Genshin, so perhaps in their abilities too.

Been having a pretty good time in Fontaine. Once again I was too excited to notice that there was a new quest, so I just ran over and explored before I did any kind of story stuff. I think I'll do it pretty quickly before I get spoiled.

By the way, there's also a Twitch streaming event going on where you can get some primos and other goodies from watching streams:

Take part in the Genshin Impact Twitch Livestream Event to win Primogems and great rewards!

Just link your accounts, go to the linked page to find some streamers that have drops enabled, and watch for a couple of hours. You can claim the rewards in your Twitch account under "drops" as they unlock. Might not be worth the hassle for everyone, but thought I'd share anyway.

Fuz

Banned

For fuck's sake, he has cat ears like Dehya? They really did everything in their power to ruin a decent starting design. Unbelievable. At this point it must be deliberate.

[Also Neuvillette with those stupid antennas - "funny", 2 male characters, 2 catalysts]

Edit: funny how mihoyo "casually forgot
07wnr.gif
07wnr.gif
07wnr.gif
" again to put some POIs in the interactive map.

Last edited:

Pejo

Edit: funny how mihoyo "casually forgot
07wnr.gif
07wnr.gif
07wnr.gif
" again to put some POIs in the interactive map.
Those are community submitted, no?

Both look pretty decent. Not sure about Wriothesley's cooldown of 16 fucking seconds though. That means you get one chance to use him per encounter more or less. Kinda bullshit.

Also I get the impression that neither of these guys are gonna have a "good" 4* weapon option, much less a free good option. What's the over/under that their 5* weapons are gonna be hyper specialized and only good for them, similar to Kokomi's donut.

Fuz

Banned
Those are community submitted, no?
Aren't just the pictures and description? Because they're all there from minute 1, and many lack a picture and description.
And the missing ones I've found were extremely obvious.
To me feels like just yet another excuse to hinder exploration and making you go back, generating fake engagement.
What's the over/under that their 5* weapons are gonna be hyper specialized and only good for them, similar to Kokomi's donut.

Pejo

Aren't just the pictures and description? Because they're all there from minute 1, and many lack a picture and description.
And the missing ones I've found were extremely obvious.
To me feels like just yet another excuse to hinder exploration and making you go back, generating fake engagement.
You could be right, I almost never use those maps to find world exploration stuff. It's the one part of the game I generally enjoy without fail, so I just like combing the land for stuff and exploring. I just remember when I was trying to find some of those aranara that they had user submitted pictures and comments.

So yep.

This HP gain/loss thing really chaps my ass. They made an entire nation like this just because they over-buffed Zhongli in version 1.

Fuz

Banned
This HP gain/loss thing really chaps my ass. They made an entire nation like this just because they over-buffed Zhongli in version 1.
Between this and the diving (surprise surprise! I hate it) this is looking worse & more annoying than Sumeru.

Pejo

Between this and the diving (surprise surprise! I hate it) this is looking worse & more annoying than Sumeru.
Really? I am having a blast with the diving. Except the underwater combat which is middling to bad.

Still, just zipping around underwater and finding stuff/doing puzzles has been a great time for me. I'm really impressed with the mobility they gave us. The leaker videos showed them all going super slowly through the water and it felt like a chore. Are you playing with KB+M or controller? I recommend controller for underwater because the 2 analog sticks really make the movement feel fluid.

Fuz

Banned
Really? I am having a blast with the diving. Except the underwater combat which is middling to bad.
There's an issue that I've pointed out in the far past.
If you play with M+K, the Y axis has a much lower sensitivity than the X axis. They're not 1:1 and it's not customizable; this bothers me to no end. It's barely tolerable in the overworld, but when diving it's a giant pain.
Also swimming around to collect loot is slow AF and I can't even use Nahida to gather items.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
OMAGGAD they put Steve Fox in Genshin

His burst is kind of lackluster animation wise.

If they had given this catman a "Ora Ora" burst it would have been really cool.

star-platinum-punching.gif

Still I hope he turns out good, because so far he is the fontaine character I'm saving my pity for (in case he ends up not going into standard banner).

Last edited:
You guys like Lynette? I tried her out and...

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

On the other hand I found Lynet fun to use.
She's fine, nothing amazing but useful enough. She can sprint and recovers stamina. All is well.

I though Lyney was pretty fun in his trial. What can I say, I like the charged shot FPS gameplay. Then he has a cool taunt that you can explode whenever you like. Pretty neat. No way I'm pulling for that though.

it's too quick to come to a conclusion but yesterday this was the worst launch banner even tighnari sold double
Wow. I guess the community has spoken.

SSfox

mIZavVP.png

viyetyI.png

it's too quick to come to a conclusion but yesterday this was the worst launch banner even tighnari sold double
That's too low for new region isn't it? And with 2 banners, one new character and other one if the best character in the game.

jshackles

Played for another couple of hours this morning, getting back in this game's rhythm. Dailies, adventures guild stuff, ley lines, BP quests... I forgot that this game had so much busy work.

I did advance the story a bit, and spent a while just making a beeline between area map unlock / fast travel points to uncover more of the map.

Dregnel

That's too low for new region isn't it? And with 2 banners, one new character and other one if the best character in the game.
yeah it's very low, even tighnari sold 2.417.109 when the version of 3.0 arrived, tighnari is not limited.
but this can change because we are talking about the first day, but i don't think he will sell alot even more after seeing the new characters.

Dregnel

Played for another couple of hours this morning, getting back in this game's rhythm. Dailies, adventures guild stuff, ley lines, BP quests... I forgot that this game had so much busy work.

I did advance the story a bit, and spent a while just making a beeline between area map unlock / fast travel points to uncover more of the map.
You shouldn't play it as a job, the free battle pass gives very little interest. I've never gone above level 20, in fact, I don't usually do BP missions, I don't do world bosses either. My characters have talent level 7 and it's enough for me to kill
everything.
The daily missions don't give you the greatest amount of crystals, the events and the abyss are your main source, beware I don't play the abyss either, it's been 4 months since I did daily missions I wasn't playing either and I have 140 wishes i'm not playing alot but i'm not using my wishes everywhere, i don't pull for weapons either.

i can still find chests around mondstadt.

deanote666

You shouldn't play it as a job, the free battle pass gives very little interest. I've never gone above level 20, in fact, I don't usually do BP missions, I don't do world bosses either. My characters have talent level 7 and it's enough for me to kill
everything.
The daily missions don't give you the greatest amount of crystals, the events and the abyss are your main source, beware I don't play the abyss either, it's been 4 months since I did daily missions I wasn't playing either and I have 140 wishes i'm not playing alot but i'm not using my wishes everywhere, i don't pull for weapons either.

i can still find chests around mondstadt.
Something is better than nothing for dailies and takes 5 min.

Free battle pass still gives blue wishes. Should get a chunk of the weeklies done in 10 min.

Can feed a dog. Could be an achievement. Could help save the world. Could be nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom