• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

puffzor

Banned
As for min-maxing, I appreciate the insight but this game has no PvP or any competitive aspect whatsoever so I couldn't possibly care less about that. Edit: And don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be rude. I just don't find fun in following 'optimal' strategies on the internet when it comes to singleplayer games. I find fun in formulating my own strategies and having them succeed (or fail), no matter how broken or inefficient they may be.

I totally get it, I whale so I have most of the 5* yet I run around with Noelle most of the time just because her giant sword is so fun to use. I'm just saying that arguably the "funnest" part of characters is spamming the special abilities.

Dregnel

Xingqui plus machine-gun Fischl is a pretty sick combo, especially if you have Fischl's c6 that deals 33% elemental per shot.
i was thinking to get my fischl to c6 but damn i want the cocogoat i must be strong and keep farming i was lucky to get the geo daddy with only 10 pulls.

Zenaku

Yeah, looks like I also stuck with a door and 3 treasure keys. Have only one (middle one). Have no idea where I got it too lmao.

Anyway, I already lvl 8 on bloodborne tree, did my first 5 sacrifices. I genuinely liked idea of my innocent red riding hood feeding bloodthirsty alien with a blood crystals. Sometimes GI story can go into pretty dark places hah
Can't remember where the other two were found, but one of the chests is on a small island east of the red tree. Checking an unmarked sword triggers a 60 second challenge with 2 ice magicians and 1 water magician.

The door has 3 chests, 1 light up tombstone and an achievement in the room.

Fake

Gold Member
I recommend get the red stone first and forge the fire bottle to deal with the ice storm. Some challenges force you to face ice storm.

Pejo

i never saw xingqiu in a dominion and i am lv 47 i wonder why the most people are ignoring him, i mean he looks like trap but he is good 4 star lol.
I'd use him if he just had some pants instead of those girly shorts. Costumes can't come soon enough.

So who wants this new Festering Desire sword? Obviously the MC can make good use of it if you play as them, but anybody else? Energy recharge with crit on ele skill....It's not better than the Black Sword for Keqing, Qiqi's attack hits too infrequently for the crits to matter, Maybe Benny?

puffzor

Banned
So who wants this new Festering Desire sword? Obviously the MC can make good use of it if you play as them, but anybody else? Energy recharge with crit on ele skill....It's not better than the Black Sword for Keqing, Qiqi's attack hits too infrequently for the crits to matter, Maybe Benny?
Jean probably loves that sword

puffzor

Banned
Xiangling and Fischl is a really good combo as well. Having two turrets down.
It's not that great because oz and guoba constantly overload things and they get blasted out of range unless you have them pinned against a wall or obstacle. Xiangling is good with c6 oz though because of her fast attack speed. Barbara+fischl is also memeable cause her normal attacks are very fast

Rikku-X

It's not that great because oz and guoba constantly overload things and they get blasted out of range unless you have them pinned against a wall or obstacle. Xiangling is good with c6 oz though because of her fast attack speed. Barbara+fischl is also memeable cause her normal attacks are very fast
I use Venti to suck them all in :messenger_winking: With Viridescent Venerer it's over kill.

Fuz

Banned
Yeah, looks like I also stuck with a door and 3 treasure keys. Have only one (middle one). Have no idea where I got it too lmao.

Anyway, I already lvl 8 on bloodborne tree, did my first 5 sacrifices. I genuinely liked idea of my innocent red riding hood feeding bloodthirsty alien with a blood crystals. Sometimes GI story can go into pretty dark places hah
Genshin-Impact-secret-door-box-1-750x422.jpg

Xanine

Neo Member
i never saw xingqiu in a dominion and i am lv 47 i wonder why the most people are ignoring him, i mean he looks like trap but he is good 4 star lol.
If you are talking about co-op, Xingqiu's a great support, but he's more of a swap in and swap out to another character like your main damage dealer since he has a long cooldown between skills.

Last edited:

puffzor

Banned
Just got my first 5-star anything through wish and it’s Albedo! Should I feel lucky? 0$ spent on the game so far btw.
He's fine. Doesn't seem like the kind of character to be in the meta but he has some fun mechanics and flashy skills. Geo as a whole is a bit underpowered rn but in this game you can clear everything with starter units so it's not a big deal. Use him, no reason not to.

Pejo

So fun little thing I read yesterday, Albedo is the only character in the game that doesn't breathe. When you look at a character idling in Dragonspine, every other character creates little puffs of hot air except him.

So he's a doll then?

puffzor

Banned
So fun little thing I read yesterday, Albedo is the only character in the game that doesn't breathe. When you look at a character idling in Dragonspine, every other character creates little puffs of hot air except him.

So he's a doll then?
Homunculus.

Fuz

Banned
How I hate that quest/challenge enemies don't give any fucking XP. It's already extremely low and they even deny it. How I bloody hate it.

Pejo

How I hate that quest/challenge enemies don't give any fucking XP. It's already extremely low and they even deny it. How I bloody hate it.
I'm sure they're scared that some spaz would probably find a way to despawn and farm them or something.

deanote666

Me trying to get 1 more copy of Fischl and it gives me Albedo. :/

Don't know when I'll use him but at least he has a crafting 10% chance of refund or extra (don't remember which) on weapon ascension materials.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Jean probably loves that sword

Mihoyo gave me a xmas gift by giving me a Jean on the standard banner. She definitely loves FD. Turns her Gale Thrust into Shotgun Thrust pretty much(if you have C1 and a max refined FD you're looking at a 72%(32%+40%) buffed thrust? Unless it stacks multiplicatively maybe a little less) . Jean gameplay is so fun and engaging between knockups, self/party healing off of normals an AoE heal and regen circle as well as using her Thrust to lift fools and yeet them off a cliff or drown them in the sea.

VERY SATISFYING.

I was thinking the Black Sword for more heals might be the go to but I am definitely loving Festering Desire more for the increased Crit and Ele damage on the thrust.

This character has decent damage, great utility and can function in all roles. Kind of what I expect out of a 5 star character.

Only have her at 60 but she rips up Lvl 70 trash no problem and doesn't have much trouble with bosses either.

Plays great with no constellations. If I ever get them she is going to be a absolute monster. Which I don't expect to happen for a long time.

-----------------
I'd do the event for the rewards too. Especially the sword and new F2P weapons which will be very good for Cryo comps.

Last edited:

Zenaku

Mihoyo gave me a xmas gift by giving me a Jean on the standard banner. She definitely loves FD. Turns her Gale Thrust into Shotgun Thrust pretty much(if you have C1 and a max refined FD you're looking at a 72%(32%+40%) buffed thrust? Unless it stacks multiplicatively maybe a little less) . Jean gameplay is so fun and engaging between knockups, self/party healing off of normals an AoE heal and regen circle as well as using her Thrust to lift fools and yeet them off a cliff or drown them in the sea.

VERY SATISFYING.

I was thinking the Black Sword for more heals might be the go to but I am definitely loving Festering Desire more for the increased Crit and Ele damage on the thrust.

This character has decent damage, great utility and can function in all roles. Kind of what I expect out of a 5 star character.

Only have her at 60 but she rips up Lvl 70 trash no problem and doesn't have much trouble with bosses either.

Plays great with no constellations. If I ever get them she is going to be a absolute monster. Which I don't expect to happen for a long time.

-----------------
I'd do the event for the rewards too. Especially the sword and new F2P weapons which will be very good for Cryo comps.
Jean was my first 5 star, and I love her survivability, from her passive team healing, knockback for crowd control and her healing air special. I scored the best sword for her too, one that releases a gust of wind once every 15 seconds of damage, that heals 100% attack stat of hp, and does 200% attack damage to surrounding enemies.

Pumped some wishes last night to see if I could fill out my team, and got Albedo on his banner and Diluc on the normal. Would've liked Klee since people are raving about her, but now I feel set to save until a character I really like comes out.

Pejo

Whew, had a lot of time to play today, did all of the available event stuff, got my tree to level 8 for the crimson wishes, and did every world quest released until now. Great patch, but holy shit that fight in the very very bottom of the caves was hard as balls. Also that dragon tooth revitalization quest fight by the dragon heart with all the fatui. I have all the new free weapons now except the catalyst that I think is tree rank 10, that claymore basically has Razor's name on it. Tons of free wishes and primos, good shit. I really like the planning ahead that the new zone makes you do, and usually I don't like that kind of mechanic. There's always strategically a fire or hearth stone nearby though, so it's not overly punishing. Also, I saw some people are just going into the Albedo trial to remove their cold buildup and then exiting. Only wusses do that though.

BlackM1st

Banned
Jean was my first 5 star, and I love her survivability, from her passive team healing, knockback for crowd control and her healing air special. I scored the best sword for her too, one that releases a gust of wind once every 15 seconds of damage, that heals 100% attack stat of hp, and does 200% attack damage to surrounding enemies.

Pumped some wishes last night to see if I could fill out my team, and got Albedo on his banner and Diluc on the normal. Would've liked Klee since people are raving about her, but now I feel set to save until a character I really like comes out.
Klee is unobtainable anyway. Just like all previous characters from limited banners. So don't waste your wishes trying to get her/other limited chars.

Doing these event quests is kinda funny when you don't actually use the Event Sword lol.

"As I thought, this sword gets stronger in battle"

Uhh yeah about that...

Fake

Gold Member
'Hey here is a new sword. All your weapons are at lvl 90. Yeah, here another one to you level up, don't mind this is a low level weapon plus your AR'.

My ass.

The inconsistencies inside this game are embarrassing.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my first 5-star anything through wish and it’s Albedo! Should I feel lucky? 0$ spent on the game so far btw.
RIP Goat.

'Hey here is a new sword. All your weapons are at lvl 90. Yeah, here another one to you level up, don't mind this is a low level weapon plus your AR'.

My ass.

The inconsistencies inside this game are embarrassing.

Paimon is the final boss.

Xanine

Neo Member
I assume because it spawns a new location immediately after beating one, it would lead to a great source of farming in a short amount of time otherwise since it costs nothing to redeem stuff from it. Kind of like how you can do as many overworld bosses and domains as much as you want, but you won’t get any rewards or xp until you spend resin on it.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Anyone already beat that challenge inside the montain?
Nope. Looks worse than the one with the three+one ruins guards at Guyun village.

Spent last night thinking of tactics. I was wondering Anemo protag + new sword + elemental / ultimate might keep them out of action and kill them. In reality I'll probably end up sandbagging..

btw what happened in the Guyun village quest - I find a chamber with tons of ruin guards/treasure .. then go back to see the old lady village chief at the village and tell here @we didn't see/find anything@ . I think I missed something

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Nope. Looks worse than the one with the three+one ruins guards at Guyun village.

Spent last night thinking of tactics. I was wondering Anemo protag + new sword + elemental / ultimate might keep them out of action and kill them. In reality I'll probably end up sandbagging..

btw what happened in the Guyun village quest - I find a chamber with tons of ruin guards/treasure .. then go back to see the old lady village chief at the village and tell here @we didn't see/find anything@ . I think I missed something

IDK if I talking about the same challenge.

Is the challenge red totem inside the cave rounded by water. Can be pretty annoying if you don't have good pyro chars.

x@3f*oo_e!

btw there's mini version of the last three mages in the challenged .. turn right (left) outside encampment along the river - there's an unmarked sword on a little island with a time trial .. still have finished that either .
IDK if I talking about the same challenge.

Is the challenge red totem inside the cave rounded by water. Can be pretty annoying if you don't have good pyro chars.
yep - three waves of ice archers then 2+1 ice+hydro mages + everywhere ice somewhere to fall in water ..

Just me and Xiangling. Not even got Bennet. Got 30,000 primogems though - maybe I should spend them..

Last edited:
Top Bottom