• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Is there a story quest that takes you to the top of the mountain? I was just going around at lunch to collect all the teleport points, but I couldn't find a way up to the summit that didn't involve my character freezing to death while scaling the walls.
I was trying to climb, got kinda high, then Paimon said something like "let's find another way to ascend the mountain" and teleported me to the nearst waypoint.

Fuz

Banned
Just a friendly warning for you guys.
Theres a challenge inside the mountain that is very very cheesy, in a very bad way. It requires you to face a groups of enemies, 3 to 4 at time in different sectors of the area in a limited time.

The challenge it self is not hard, but the developers turn on the cheap death mode on this one. The challenge is near water, there are several ice archers, ice mages and ice abysm mages. All this followed by dropping ice shards that not only damages you but increases your chilling bar by a good amount. To make matters worse, the ice barrier can knock you out during the event.

I feel like instead of making challening, this area is nothing but cheap deaths all over the place.
Done that.
What I'm really HATING is the mobs resetting very easily. 3 ruin graders and 2 ice trolls so far resetted when almost dead. Infuriating.

Pejo

I was trying to climb, got kinda high, then Paimon said something like "let's find another way to ascend the mountain" and teleported me to the nearst waypoint.
Yea I had that happen once too when I got the highest. Ok, I guess the game will just take me there when I'm supposed to be there. That waypoint in the water was tough to get to as well. Cold accumulates fast out there in the blizzard.

BlackM1st

Banned
C6 Noelle is so much fun, it really makes her burst spike her damage while she's healing or eating hard-to-avoid hits. Also does a nice bit of damage to all non-fatui shields (seriously fuck those guys). I barely have her artifacts or weapon leveled, but I do have a great set (substats wise) for her, and she's already doing 3-4k per non-crit. Can't wait for those future Geo buffs. I didn't get a chance to play much yet since I'm working today, but I'm enjoying my time in the cold area. There are plenty of heat sources around, so it's not impossible to travel around. It definitely helps to have a main fire character though, I don't think it's possible to play in this area without one.

Story hints are pretty interestin' too that Albedo is hinting that he's also not from this world. Somehing definitely seems off about him.
C6 Iron Maiden is incredibly OP. You should invest in her heavily, she's effectively a 6☆ character now. Grats on getting her constellations.
maxresdefault.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Rosaria should be a Water mage. Because water magic is also a blood magic...

marcel-mercado-marcel-mercado-d-d-blood.jpg

And blood magic is the best magic.
blood_magic____ooor___so_i_started_drawing_a_head__by_nebezial_d68ad7c-fullview.jpg

I mean if you wasn't a blood mage in Dragon's Age Origins you played it wrong and missed all the fun...

deanote666

Theres a challenge inside the mountain that is very very cheesy, in a very bad way. It requires you to face a groups of enemies, 3 to 4 at time in different sectors of the area in a limited time.

The challenge it self is not hard, but the developers turn on the cheap death mode on this one. The challenge is near water, there are several ice archers, ice mages and ice abysm mages. All this followed by dropping ice shards that not only damages you but increases your chilling bar by a good amount. To make matters worse, the ice barrier can knock you out during the event.

I feel like instead of making challening, this area is nothing but cheap deaths all over the place.
Yeah... Found that one... Didn't go well...

psorcerer

Banned
Yeah yeah, she's bae and a good support, but electric raven... ELECTRIC RAVEN MAN!

RU6iF5X.jpg

It also helps that I can farm electro cube to rise my 2 electric characters and not bother with other more annoying bosses like wind/geo/hydro.
Ehm, geo cube is stupidly easy actually.
But electro cube us easy too.

puffzor

Banned
Anyone else annoyed that dragonspine is anemo and not cryo attuned? Need traveler to be an actually good element pls

i like the encounter because the fight needs a bit prep.

some general tips for others:

the key is to make sure you have three warming seelies settled before the fight so that you will keep warm all time. if you can only find two, remember there is one hiding behind the rock.
avoid the water as much as possible. obviously.
the hardest part is the last one with three ice mages. if you have xiangling, save the ulti for the last phase. what you want to do is to pick a warm spot and wait for mages to telepart near you. then ulti and clean the rest up. as long as you have three seelies unlocked, the fight is a lot simpler.

Zenaku

Is there a story quest that takes you to the top of the mountain? I was just going around at lunch to collect all the teleport points, but I couldn't find a way up to the summit that didn't involve my character freezing to death while scaling the walls.
You need to collect 3 ice orbs to unlock the path to the summit, may need to trigger a quest north of the mountain too, can't remember if that was automatic or if I found it after a suggestion from Paimon.

deanote666

Anyone else following the ragged notebooks in the new mountain area?

I'm on the one where you need to head east to where the mountain meets the sea. Anyone know where the next one is?

BlackM1st

Banned
The cold is really getting me on the edge. At least there are many sources to deal with.
I hope that maybe in the end we will be able to warmup the mountain? Otherwise it's gonna get old very fast. And what about future areas? Is Russia also gonna be so annoying to explore? It's ok as a challenge mechanic, but not for general exploration.

BlackM1st

Banned

Go there, go YouTube. Get your personal code for 50 Primos.

Fake

Gold Member
I hope that maybe in the end we will be able to warmup the mountain? Otherwise it's gonna get old very fast. And what about future areas? Is Russia also gonna be so annoying to explore? It's ok as a challenge mechanic, but not for general exploration.
IDK if Russia zone will have this could mechanics.

Is this related to that coma curse plot?

Pejo

I'm on the one where you need to head east to where the mountain meets the sea. Anyone know where the next one is?
The elemental trail seems to dry up, I couldn't find where to go either so I gave up for now. There is a dig site near where the path ends that has a chest though.

LOLCats

Banned
figures they give albedo a cool lifting gadget... debating on pulling for him, on roll 70 towards pity but its the 50/50 chance. concerned ganyu might be underwhelming too.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
figures they give albedo a cool lifting gadget... debating on pulling for him, on roll 70 towards pity but its the 50/50 chance. concerned ganyu might be underwhelming too.
No, he is utter trash in my opinion.

Got to the Summit. Then got on TOP of it and even higher. Eh. Just a teaser. Basically freezing cold isn't going away unfortunately, even after beating all the quests. You will learn how to cook goulash and big boss boar is respawning, so I guess it's better than nothing. But ultimately I'm really worried about future zones. I hope they did it here because area is small and they wanted to prolong our login time. Still, pretty cheap way of doing it. Reminds me a breakable weapons in other games. Same mentality of wasting your time on resetting timers/stamina/sharpness etc. Mindless time killer that gives you nothing back.

BlackM1st

Banned
Also, Klee >>>>>> Fire batman. Only because of the maps.

Her AOE and burst is just too valuable in stupid arenas that miho created for new challenges. Most of the challenges are too cheap, so Klee is the perfect FU to them with her homing drones. Man, I think I want another character like her. Maybe ICE mage with a seeking missiles or something like that...

Pejo

Her AOE and burst is just too valuable in stupid arenas that miho created for new challenges. Most of the challenges are too cheap, so Klee is the perfect FU to them with her homing drones. Man, I think I want another character like her. Maybe ICE mage with a seeking missiles or something like that...
I agree, Diluc is not ideal in this zone at all. His burst is super powerful but makes fighting anything that doesn't die in 1 use an absolute chore. I've reset the HP bars of so many enemies that either fall off of things and respawn or pushed too far from their "zone" and walk back invincible. I've actually switched up my team and am back to Childe but now with support Xiangling to light fires and melt stuff. The only time I genuinely like using Diluc is in domains and abyss. Everywhere else he's got too many downsides with grass killing him and pushing enemies all over the f'ing place, and don't get me started on the targeting of his 3 hit elemental skill slam. I can imagine that Klee makes this zone a lot easier.

Fake

Gold Member

Already told Klee is pretty powerful. One of the most used chars while co-op events, besides Dilluc.

Talking about Klee, this new zone is perfect for her.

Finished up all the quests on Dragonspine but the map says 90% completion. I am missing two of the tablets for the secret door, so that's probably it. Gonna have to look them up because I thought I was fairly thorough. Anyway, I had a good time with the new content overall. I found the 'level' to be very well designed considering how relatively small the landmass is compared to the rest of the current world (exploring the inside of the mountain wasn't something I was expecting at all for some reason lol).

Shame I have no one to use the Event Sword for, though. I haven't used the Traveler since the first week of the game lol, and Qiqi has been benched so the sword is just collecting dust while my squad melts enemies anyway. Also the Quest Spear, because I have a 5-star that is better. I wish they gave options for that quest, because I'd rather have a new bow for Fischl or Venti.

Last edited:

puffzor

Banned
Finished up all the quests on Dragonspine but the map says 90% completion. I am missing two of the tablets for the secret door, so that's probably it. Gonna have to look them up because I thought I was fairly thorough. Anyway, I had a good time with the new content overall. I found the 'level' to be very well designed considering how relatively small the landmass is compared to the rest of the current world (exploring the inside of the mountain wasn't something I was expecting at all for some reason lol).

Shame I have no one to use the Event Sword for, though. I haven't used the Traveler since the first week of the game lol, and Qiqi has been benched so the sword is just collecting dust while my squad melts enemies anyway. Also the Quest Spear, because I have a 5-star that is better. I wish they gave options for that quest, because I'd rather have a new bow for Fischl or Venti.

Xinqiu or Bennett are solid choices.

Fake

Gold Member
I think most of the 4* weapons aren't terrible, especially since you can refine them easier than 5* ones. Rip to people who pull spears though

I use only one of them. I have if I remember right, 7 of 4 stars weapons, all with the same crap effect about reduce CD and his secondary bonus are energy recharge. I talking about the 4 stars weapon I get from wish, looks like the 4 stars prototype weapons are quite good.

Not my style of gameplay, I rather focus on physical bonus damage or atk%.

puffzor

Banned
The sacrificial weapons? They are actually quite good. Sacrificial sword is probably BiS for a support Xingqiu. It lets him spam his skills and immediately get full charge for his burst again without having to stay on the field. For example I have a max refined Stringless bow and I tried it out on Venti but ended up switching back to Favonius/Sacrificial bow just because uptime on the ult is so much better with energy recharge stacking.

deanote666

I started leveling my Klee due to the bogus Starglow cavern challenge. Klee is still under leveled with under leveled artifacts. My highest level catalyst before this was level 20, lol...

Been using batman mostly in the new area. Ironic that I can still use Chongyue in that map for elemental reactions between batman and Fischl.

Last edited:

crumbs

The devs did a decent job balancing the combat scenarios on the mountain so it's not all Pyro all the time. They placed enough electro fatui hammer guys on the map to make sure your cryo heros aren't wasted.

Fuz

Banned

Go there, go YouTube. Get your personal code for 50 Primos.

This Reward has ended​

sonofabitch

undefined
Is it a quest?

Last edited:

Dregnel

The devs did a decent job balancing the combat scenarios on the mountain so it's not all Pyro all the time. They placed enough electro fatui hammer guys on the map to make sure your cryo heros aren't waste i will lv up my chongyun then i still need

i guess will come back to lv up my chongyun and test the updated since i'm so mad with honkai impact scammed my crystal with that misleading event about christmas boxes.

crumbs

Unfortunately, I wasn't actively trying to finish it. I just happened to find a couple of the locations while exploring & an achievement popped up at the end. I think it was called Prodigal Son or something like that. Sorry for the lack of info.

Fuz

Banned
Unfortunately, I wasn't actively trying to finish it. I just happened to find a couple of the locations while exploring & an achievement popped up at the end. I think it was called Prodigal Son or something like that. Sorry for the lack of info.
Found & done. Thanks. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

BlackM1st

Banned
The devs did a decent job balancing the combat scenarios on the mountain so it's not all Pyro all the time. They placed enough electro fatui hammer guys on the map to make sure your cryo heros aren't wasted.
Watch me xP Cutting through them with Electric Raven and Non stop bombs spam xD It works 100% in 70% ;D Just instalock them in the air Street Fighter style and they die before shields kicks in. If not, eh, I just go full on Demon Souls on them and deflect with my alcoholic pirate. No hassle, just takes some time.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah, looks like I also stuck with a door and 3 treasure keys. Have only one (middle one). Have no idea where I got it too lmao.

Anyway, I already lvl 8 on bloodborne tree, did my first 5 sacrifices. I genuinely liked idea of my innocent red riding hood feeding bloodthirsty alien with a blood crystals. Sometimes GI story can go into pretty dark places hah

Xinqiu or Bennett are solid choices.
You want me to use 4 star characters??

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

But seriously, my squad is perfect right now (Diluc Fischl Venti Zhongli), so that's why I have no use for the sword right now... or possibly ever, considering the fact that my squad handled everything thrown at me on WL7 Dragonspine with relative ease. The lightning Fatui dudes have beefy shields but that's about it as far as difficulty goes lol

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot there's two more phases to the Dragonspine Event going on so maybe I shouldn't speak too soon about difficulty lol

Last edited:

puffzor

Banned
You're using fischl... who isn't even the best support for diluc. I mean unless she's your waifu. Melt/vaporize is way better of an elemental reaction than overload. I say this as a keqing main - electro is meh unless you run double electro for ridiculous energy regen. Xingqiu is by far the best support unit.

Ofc if you just like the characters then w/e. I like running around with Klee because she's cute but xiangling does more damage for me

You're using fischl... who isn't even the best support for diluc. I mean unless she's your waifu. Melt/vaporize is way better of an elemental reaction than overload. I say this as a keqing main - electro is meh unless you run double electro for ridiculous energy regen. Xingqiu is by far the best support unit.

Ofc if you just like the characters then w/e. I like running around with Klee because she's cute but xiangling does more damage for me
Yes, I know... the 4 star thing was a joke... hence, the reason why I listed a 4 -star in my squad right after I said I would never use one lmao

As for min-maxing, I appreciate the insight but this game has no PvP or any competitive aspect whatsoever so I couldn't possibly care less about that. Edit: And don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be rude. I just don't find fun in following 'optimal' strategies on the internet when it comes to singleplayer games. I find fun in formulating my own strategies and having them succeed (or fail), no matter how broken or inefficient they may be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

i never saw xingqiu in a dominion and i am lv 47 i wonder why the most people are ignoring him, i mean he looks like trap but he is good 4 star lol.

Top Bottom