• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
Electric pirate is also very good if you really need to eat a lot of damage. Raise her shield skill, don't bother with DMG because you're already has incredible Damage Dealers.

Well... alright so here is the main party that I use right now. Venti, Barbara, Xiangling, and Beidou. My list isn't crazy. All other characters that I have are ones from the story, childe, diona, bennet, fischl, mona, noelle, razor, and chongyun. Basically nobody else is leveled outside of my starting 4, Chongyun(for ice), and Mona(stopped leveling her a while ago). Venti is my highest at like level 51 but I do not have mats to make the others go up.

Level everyone past 20 just for the free Aquaint fates you will get for them after the 1.2 patch.

Think I'm going to skip every banner until I can summon Signora or raiden mei in one go; will just pick up Hu Tao when she shows up in the shop.

Last edited:

Jedge

Well... alright so here is the main party that I use right now. Venti, Barbara, Xiangling, and Beidou. My list isn't crazy. All other characters that I have are ones from the story, childe, diona, bennet, fischl, mona, noelle, razor, and chongyun. Basically nobody else is leveled outside of my starting 4, Chongyun(for ice), and Mona(stopped leveling her a while ago). Venti is my highest at like level 51 but I do not have mats to make the others go up.

That feeling when I have like 1 squad with like 1 person that I swap in and out but I play the game casually. I have no idea what an optimal build is for my team... like is there any reason to try pumping up other characters outside of my main squad before I hit end game content?
I unlocked Diona and Childe but haven't used them aside from mining stuff

You have a really good cast of characters.

I would recommend you stop leveling chongyun/barbara/beidou. Keep Barbara/beidou at like Level 50/60? for her passive talent 2.
Focus on gearing up your other characters Xiangling, Childe, Diona, Venti, Fischl, Bennett and Mona.
Venti is the best character in the game and can flex into pretty much any team for abyss. Depending on difficulty you can swap him around

Some team comps you can work with. Depending on Abyss level you'll most likely be moving around a few characters.
-chongyun, imo only needed for electro fatui shields. Not a great character until C2 or paired with certain pyro. requires heavy investment
-diona effective especially at floor 12 abyss. her E is really strong
-razor you might need a 2nd dps for the bennett team mentioned below but i wouldn't invest into him yet
-beidou/fischl are your batteries for childe

I've added + or - for swaps. Your team comps:
+Childe, +Beidou,+Fischl, -Barbara -> Summon Oz, Use Beidou's ult, Swap to childe (melee form), go crazy.
+Bennett, +Xiangling, -Mona, -Venti -> bennet, mona can set up you up for a burst combo. +25% attack with 2 pyro.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I thought I was ready for the ice area with my fire focused team of Diluc/Fischl/Xiangling/Diona, but their artifacts/talents/weapons being underleveled has really shat on me. I didn't expect the first 5 things you fight to be fatui, ice megachurl, ice mage, and some improved ice flower things. I'm just taking so much damage as Diluc. New area is pretty badass though. It feels like every 50 feet in any direction is something worthwhile, and it reminds me why I grew to like this game to begin with. They really nail the exploration and breadcrumbs from event to event. I didn't really play much tonight because I'm exhausted, but I unlocked the statue and a few of the telepoints so far. Also tried out Albedo. Even with the game giving you basically 2000% energy charge for him, he feels underpowered and anti-climactic. The stone reactions are ok, but outside of that he feels just like geo MC.

*edit* - Forgot, I collected all of my free wishes from character ascensions and got my Noelle C6 finally and the 5* spear with crit % as main stat. Probably gonna be godly for Xiao or Rosario, so I'm not disappointed that it wasn't a character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

I pick the new banner and they gave my another sweet Fishl. Fine by me.

Also I collected a tons of free wishes, thanks to my characters and...aside from Fishl, the only other character I pick was Razor lol

So, I was expecting this chilling effect to be annoying. But its pretty healthy.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Neat update. I'm liking how everything is collected automatically and I get free shit for upgrading my characters (er more free shit).

Pejo

Oh shit they finally fixed the issue where each time you launch on PC you have to switch back to gamepad if you want to play with controller. It just works now when you log in. Wonder if they added Dualsense support on PC yet.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I hate this extreme cold shit. HATE IT!
9dy154.gif

LOLCats

Banned
Todays haul is pretty crazy considering i only pulled 3 times out of my saved primos.

fish, bennett, sucrose

then with the free fates

mona, biedou, amber and a ning.

and a couple swords, still no fucking bows Though lol.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
What's this about free Aquaint fates?

Haven't really followed the news regarding patch 1.2 but most of my characters are still level 1. Should I level them to 20?

BlackM1st

Banned
What's this about free Aquaint fates?

Haven't really followed the news regarding patch 1.2 but most of my characters are still level 1. Should I level them to 20?
Yeah, you can do that, but it's hardly a priority if you have some decent characters already and not planning on rolling for more in the immediate future.

Don't waste your time in general leveling/farming of resources when you have an active time limited event. Completing/farming the time limited event should be your TOP priority.

Fuz

Banned
Well, I thought I was ready for the ice area with my fire focused team of Diluc/Fischl/Xiangling/Diona, but their artifacts/talents/weapons being underleveled has really shat on me. I didn't expect the first 5 things you fight to be fatui, ice megachurl, ice mage, and some improved ice flower things.
Ah fuck, I never farmed artifacts. Which WL are you?

Fuz

Banned
Just logged in.
The update DESTROYED my FPS. I used to stay at 60, now I'm doing 35 in Mondstadt.
What the fuck.

EDIT: After reducing the bloom level, teleporting around for a while and doing a domain they went back to normal. Maybe it was updating some stuff in-game?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Just logged in.
The update DESTROYED my FPS. I used to stay at 60, now I'm doing 35 in Mondstadt.
What the fuck.
Ahhh, typical mobile game update. It's normal in the mobile gaming world. Ironically usually it happens after major updates that promise a BIG client code improvements xD (sometimes it never addressed by the dev team)

sorry comedy central GIF

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
Hit AR50 just in time to make the journey up Dragonspine. Thankfully I had enough mats to Ascend everyone, but not enough XP books lmao. Oh well, feels nice to finally be in WL7. No more stingy mobs - give me them materials!!

BlackM1st

Banned
Hit AR50 just in time to make the journey up Dragonspine. Thankfully I had enough mats to Ascend everyone, but not enough XP books lmao. Oh well, feels nice to finally be in WL7. No more stingy mobs - give me them materials!!
I kinda worried that with time we will move over WL8. It is just a strange number to stop at.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ah fuck, I never farmed artifacts. Which WL are you?
I am holding at WL5 until I get my teams built out a little more. It wasn't like a show stopper to fight with my undergeared characters, but it sure was annoying. Along with the fact that everything is a hill in the ice zone and Diluc's Burst sends them either flying off the edge or up the mountain also makes it annoying. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have just invested in Xinyan instead.

Saber

I am holding at WL5 until I get my teams built out a little more. It wasn't like a show stopper to fight with my undergeared characters, but it sure was annoying. Along with the fact that everything is a hill in the ice zone and Diluc's Burst sends them either flying off the edge or up the mountain also makes it annoying. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have just invested in Xinyan instead.

I have her and...nope, I wouldn't suggest. Her skill/burst scaling isn't good, her cooldown is high, the dot damage from the ult is low and her shield is still bugged(you rarely gonna get the dot effect). You better off staying with Diluc or like me, with Xingling. She clearly needs some work to be done.
Mind you, I still use her but shes clearly not effective as an elemental user.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I got Amber on wish and add his Bunny Triggrered, but is not working. I send feedback, lets see if get solve.

crumbs

I wish the devs would change the way fall damage is handled for enemies at higher world levels. Knocking an enemy off a cliff (that would probably do major damage to your character) and having them respawn with full health is really annoying.

Fake

Gold Member
I wish the devs would change the way fall damage is handled for enemies at higher world levels. Knocking an enemy off a cliff (that would probably do major damage to your character) and having them respawn with full health is really annoying.

Or just do K.O instead of minor damage.

Pejo

I got Amber on wish and add his Bunny Triggrered, but is not working. I send feedback, lets see if get solve.
you literally have to shoot the bunny in the feet with a charged attack, and only Amber can detonate it.

Fake

Gold Member
you literally have to shoot the bunny in the feet with a charged attack, and only Amber can detonate it.

No part of the toy triggred this effect, and OF COURSE I using Amber to explode. IDK what type of guy you think I'm.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Dumb (?) question

Who is the narrator supposed to be in this (not the VA). In Honkai Impact videos seem to be from the viewpoint of Otto Apocalypse (i think),, maybe I'm wrong on that or we're not supposed to know ..

Talking about 4min 50 onwards ..

Last edited:
I used my free standard wishes to get my pity 5 star. It ended up being Keqing. Again. So now she's at c1. Kinda disappointed, I was hoping for Mona, Jean or Qiqi. Whatever, it's fine. At least I don't have to invest in another character. Gonna skip the Albedo banner. I haven't been to the new area yet.

Pejo

C6 Noelle is so much fun, it really makes her burst spike her damage while she's healing or eating hard-to-avoid hits. Also does a nice bit of damage to all non-fatui shields (seriously fuck those guys). I barely have her artifacts or weapon leveled, but I do have a great set (substats wise) for her, and she's already doing 3-4k per non-crit. Can't wait for those future Geo buffs. I didn't get a chance to play much yet since I'm working today, but I'm enjoying my time in the cold area. There are plenty of heat sources around, so it's not impossible to travel around. It definitely helps to have a main fire character though, I don't think it's possible to play in this area without one.

Story hints are pretty interestin' too that Albedo is hinting that he's also not from this world. Somehing definitely seems off about him.

Fake

Gold Member
Just logged in.
What the fuck.

EDIT: After reducing the bloom level, teleporting around for a while and doing a domain they went back to normal. Maybe it was updating some stuff in-game?

Or just our usual bad unity engine optimization.

Saber

Just a friendly warning for you guys.
Theres a challenge inside the mountain that is very very cheesy, in a very bad way. It requires you to face a groups of enemies, 3 to 4 at time in different sectors of the area in a limited time.

The challenge it self is not hard, but the developers turn on the cheap death mode on this one. The challenge is near water, there are several ice archers, ice mages and ice abysm mages. All this followed by dropping ice shards that not only damages you but increases your chilling bar by a good amount. To make matters worse, the ice barrier can knock you out during the event.

I feel like instead of making challening, this area is nothing but cheap deaths all over the place.

Last edited:

Pejo

Is there a story quest that takes you to the top of the mountain? I was just going around at lunch to collect all the teleport points, but I couldn't find a way up to the summit that didn't involve my character freezing to death while scaling the walls.

Top Bottom